Hajime No Ippo

It's like pottery, expect Ippo to fight again after a timeskip.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZU6VIGlc1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why are you people so dense?

he has fucking brain damage.

you don't get better

the entire series has said you don't get better

there is an entire character that exists solely to demonstrate that you don't get better

literally the only possibility for him to 'get better' is if he literally has brain cancer and they remove a fucking tumor from his skull, which would take 400 chapters and be an asspull beyond any other asspull in manga history

it's fucking over. Morikawa is sick of doing this manga. He's gonna wrap up the other characters and end it.

Ippo will be over by 2020, mark my fucking words

Shittiest ending since Gantz

none of them read the series. They admitted to much.

They would know everyone with the exception of Takamura retired from boxing with injuries.

It hasn't ended yet

Fuckin 1201 made me sad.

Ippo won't get better by any means during his retirement, which means if there's a real reason to get back into the ring, it's going to be done while punch-drunk and brain damaged.

Which means it would have to be one hell of a reason. And now I'm not so sure something like 'Gonzales deliberately and cruelly cripples/kills/pputs into a coma/whatevers Sendo and Ippo reaches that Monster Line he couldn't cross' is viable anymore.

Leave Martinez to me

There are only three people who would get ippo back in the ring

>1. His mom asking to see him fight before she dies
Not likely

>2. Kamogawa dying/ill/attacked

This one could happen easily with how controlling he is over ippo

>3. Miyata

Miyata can get ippo back in the ring. He beats Martinez and tells to have their trilogy completed ippo would drop kumi like a brick and run back to train for the fight

>Which means it would have to be one hell of a reason.
takamura manages to get 5/6 belts promised to coach, then losses leaving it up to ippo to get the final one while coach is deathly sick

to who, the beta who is mentally broken again after losing to Imai?

without ippo around he has no reason to stay in such a low weight class

Itagaki is smaller than hippo

>this is the end of Ippo's boxing campaign

>1. His mom asking to see him fight before she dies
Downright impossible. Even encouragement along the lines of 'pursuing what you love' won't work anymore like it did the last time thanks to Ippo's damage.

>2. Kamogawa dying/ill/attacked
Kamogawa's not going to live long enough for this to be viable. It would be terribly cliche for him to suddenly come down hard with his illness on the same night that both his 'boys' wreck their careers... but I can totally see that. And if it happens, Ippo's going to be burrowed too far down in guilt and other bad emotions to climb back up.

>3. Miyata
This one's much more reasonable, but it won't be as professionals. My guess is it'll happen some years after both boxers have been retired, more of a 'charity' kind of deal than anything else.

how'd that work out, coach?

miyata wants to fight ippo as bad as ippo wants to fight him. They are hard gay for each other. It will be similar to how Sendou forced ippo to fight him even coming off a broken fist.

>defeated by a pinoy
Pinoys are most powerful race indeed

the us military increased the size of the us soldier's sidearm in WW2 cause small caliber weapons had no stopping power vs. pinoys

Under normal circumstances, yes.

This ain't going to be normal.

In a future chapter, I'm going to call it; Miyata shows up to goad Ippo into continuing on, and Ippo's going to SNAP at him. A wonderfully bitter cocktail of guilt and damage and frustration is simply going to make Ippo break out of his own character for a moment and it's going to be like watching a car wreck.

Coach must've brain damage as well.

>Dash into a punch
I saw this video from an NBA game in the 70s that turned into a brawl where a dude literally runs into a punch, then he starts bleeding and fluid starts running out of his head onto the court.

But it works

Works but it's not the best strat
Nor is it the only strat, but apparently Ippo forgot about that

>got brain damage that ended his career from getting hit too much

Can’t wait for Alfe to get rekt bun Ricardo a third time

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=eZU6VIGlc1c

>bun
by***

Any strategy that involves you getting hit is not a good strategy.

I mean optimally you'd expect that shit since Gonzalez is not an amputee or forgetting that his right arm exists, but headbutting that counter is the most Ippo can do at that point

Ippo used to be talented.

Kamogawa's advice made him into as retard, boxing wise.

Then into a retard, literally.

>Ippo learned the short upper (which he KO'ed Miyata with), which later became the Gazelle punch by himself, Kamogawa wasn't involved
>Ippo learned his world class Jab by himself, without Kamogawa
>Ippo learned the Dempsey Roll when Kamogawa was hospitalized

Literally what the fuck did Kamogawa ever actually teach Ippo?

Oh you know, how to take out life insurance policies, useful things like that

Facetanking?

How to get brain damage

Kamogawa has never taught anyone, the best thing he has ever done is got Takamura in to boxing but even then taka survives on pure talent rather than anything old fart teaches him.

So when will Takamura become Ippo's official coach
>teach him the basic killer punch and rapid jabs
>teach him about the BIG TOE
>inspire Ippo's exercise regiment
>demonstrate feints

he's retired, dude

he's half dead

his brain is chunky beef stew sloshing around inside his fucking caveman skull

The funny thing is that Ippo already knows, or used to know all these things.

>ippo used to know how to dodge

this page is more dodging than he's done since chapter 700

Yup

This is one of the few things that made me feel worse than when I played Deponia. I watch the characters struggle through so much and all we get for it is a fuck you from the author.

How the fuck have I never seen this.

I get pissed off just looking at them.

it takes almost no skill to dodge a punch thrown by a person with no fight training

Kamogawa is a good motivator and nothing else. If Ippo had a competent coach with Kamogawa to give him motivation, he may have not ended up with brain damage. Keep in mind Ippo's taking training from a man who thought that punching a god damn log into a hill with his bare hands was a good idea. Kamogawa is fucking retarded and I think anyone in this thread would have been a better coach for Ippo.

>skull shattered
>spinal fluid running down the back of his throat
It's amazing they didn't make basketball players start wearing helmets after this

He's a decent doctor

>Post yfw Moe is literally a better coach than Kamogawa

>he's going to be like Rocky from Creed/Rocky V
>he trains a flip who becomes the 'Mexecutioner'
tfw notPacquiao is introduced as Ippo's protege

Just let the guy go and retire. Kumi has literally been holding herself for him for a fuckin decade.

Remember when Ippo's thing was how he kept swaying his body without stopping plus his guard which made him able to dodge fucking everything and block the ones that actually get through?

I wish he remembered too.

am I the only one who thinks, if Ippo gets bad end, it should be the most horrific traincrash possible? I will not be satisfied until Ippo dies from seizure, and coach does sudoku

But on the other side of the coin it'd be nice to see Ippo find happiness outside of boxing

>No Ippo VS Sendo 3
>No Takamura 3rd weight class conquest
>No Ippo VS Miyata promised match
>No Sendo VS Gonzalez
>No Ippo/Sendo VS Ricardo

Yes, im mad

part of me does hope it just all goes downhill

Takamura loses an eye and has to retire

Kamogawa's spirit is crushed and he dies of Illness

Sendo killed by Gonzales

Miyata rematches Randy and has his jaw broken and hangs himself

Itagaki falls off the boat and drowns

they would have never lived up to the hype

>Ippo trains notPacquiao.
this will be the ending.

They'll wrap it up inside of 10 chapters, most likely.

I just want my Aoki rematch and I’ll be satisfied

Sendo was going to get demolished by Gonzalez.

he lives a normal life for a few months before he starts developing erratic and violent mood swings. He flips out, kills someone, suicide by cop, they later find out it was CTE

Gold

>who also gets brain damage
>kamogawa's retarded training lives on

FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT MANGA THIS ISN'T HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO END WHAT THE FUCK!!! GIVE ME BACK THE LAST 15 YEARS OF MY LIFE YOU HACK FRAUD

give ippo back his missing brain mass

>also gets brain damage
>also runs for senator

Japanese cops don't carry guns. They might not know until years later.

Don't know about you fags, but I'm completely fine with Morikawa finishing up the manga and just giving us like 100 Ippo x Kumi chapters as post filler.

Reminder that Morikawa wasted his whole life drawing Ippo.

And wins

>Ippo's brain damage was causing him to have hallucinations of mini naked Ippos dancing around
Poor Ippo

>not realizing the true hell that these chapters would be
Morikawa seems to have some weird obsession with accurately showing the brain damage. It'd start out nicely with romance gags and pure love until halfway through it's about Kumi having to deal with a retarded man that has no resemblance to the man she once loved.

This is the Kalos League all over again.

how did we go from punches that sound like fighter jets to this

Is Ippo really THAT far gone? I mean, obviously CTE doesn't get better but I thought it took years for the really bad symptoms to start showing.

Most punchdrunk boxes tend to retire way before that shit actually gets in your way in the ring, the real fucked effects appear only years later then.

But ippo is in a way worse state than that already. Rehab awaits him, in 7~20 years he'll probably be dealing with a fucked up parkinson or some kind of neurodegenerative disease i'll bet.

Considering he has routinely fought with concussions and even has been in a few deathmatches like Sawamura, he's probably in much worse shape than even low end boxers.

>Ippo with Parkinson's
Just the thought breaks my heart.

Honestly this is bullshit.

fuck you kamogawa give ippo his life back

Takamura is next, he got wrecked too much by Bison.

That's Miyata

Ash could start again after that, Ippo can't.

Honestly the Alfredo fight wasn't that bad if you compare it to the other dumb shit Ippo did through out the series, like taking a full counter from Volg just to show it's possible then proceeding to take it again from Sawamura.

He was beat by Bison without that asspull.

>The number of times Coach felt like throwing in the towel in this series yet never did

The worst part of the Gonzales fight was taking it so soon after Kojima. He took that full on counter and didnt get properly checked up after it. They can't even pretend they thought it was a clean win; Ippo passed out backstage after the fight.

>no Volg - Sendo rematch

>Ippo quits
>Spends 5 years in rehab
>finally is functional again
>Becomes a manga-ka like his high school friend
>the entire thing was morikawa's way of telling us he has brain damage and is retarded

Struggling to reach for the tv remote to watch the match.

Casually taking a 2 ton punch to the temple. Also, the two Dempsey counters he took from Sawamura could have killed him

>Kamogawa has thrown in the towel A SINGLE TIME in all 1200+ chapters of Hajime no Ippo
>It was ALL THE WAY back during the fucking Date fight

And wasn't Ippo already basically knocked out by the time he threw it? He already took the hit

So does Mori just not believe in winning by points? Because that would explain a lot.

Or the manga goes full Vinland Saga and it's just about Ippo living a normal life.

Only Aoki and Kimura have matches that end in point decisions, and they're treated as losers.

>surely Ippo won't lose his comeback fight
>he fucking does

what the honest fuck

Ippo doesn't remember the last round at all. He had to watch a recording to see what happened.