Koe no katachi

Hate this stupid retarded ass deaf bitch.
All shes ever done is ruin peoples lives, she fucked over ishida by being a little pussy snitch and fucked over her mom by being born retarded resulting in the dads divorce.
Everybodys lives would have been better without here.
Not typed by Ueno

Other urls found in this thread:

tokyoweekender.com/2017/02/why-is-japan-still-biased-against-people-with-disabilities/
the-ipf.com/2016/10/13/culture-shame-disability-japan/
futurity.org/disabilities-jobs-cover-letters-1084262-2/
money.cnn.com/2015/07/26/news/economy/americans-with-disabilities-act-problems-remain/index.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty much all the characters are shit desu

In America, she would have been forced into sex slavery by the child protective services.

Nice try OP.

If it was america the dad wouldnt have left because his daughter was born deaf, and if a kid like ishida was getting bullied it would end in a school shooting

>t. Ueno

Shouko wouldn't have been bullied in a non-asian country period. She also wouldn't have been put in the choir either, since westerners aren't obsessed with the collectivism meme.

Ueno pls go

I had a deaf classmate that was put in the choir

deaf people can vocalize fine as long as they had at least a couple years that they werent deaf, since their brain already knows what a correct tone and pitch should be.

Why did nobody see a psychologist in the entire film?

because the japanese arent good at the whole not everyone is perfect thing.

see

Japs still believe in vitalism.

She should have finished you off when she had the chance, Ueno.

Do you have any facts to back those claims?

Always wanted to ask — what ninjutsu she is performing here?

dude its literally what they are known for. The japs who culture is based around being virtually perfect, and many marriages break up at the will of the husband and his family generally for stupid superficial reasons such as the mom being "cursed".

When it comes to mental illness and mental disability, however, Japan is a little less vocal about how many of its citizen possess these conditions. Why? There is an old but sadly popular stigma around mental illness and disability in Japan. It's seen as a weakness and a hindrance to one's potential. For example, it's not kosher to mention a mental illness in medical records for employment since it might give employers a reason not to hire you. Thus not many of those with mental illness or disability will seek medical assistance.

tokyoweekender.com/2017/02/why-is-japan-still-biased-against-people-with-disabilities/

the-ipf.com/2016/10/13/culture-shame-disability-japan/

It's not her fault that her dad is retarded.
Nishimia is cute!

Movie Ueno > manga Ueno
Both are good, compelling, realistic characters but manga Ueno is just pettier and has a bigger crush on MC
Movie Ueno is a miracle of the universe whose only mistake was not (eventually) apologizing for the ferris wheel talk

movie Ueno was just a jealous bad bitch but the manga ueno doesnt deserve redemption

Shes attractive. bitch could have lost both her legs as long as that pussi good she would have never been bullied to her face and would have gotten dick.

Well that explains a bit why everyone in KnK is shit.

Manga Ueno doesn't redeem herself but it's implied that she's still fighting for it until that happens. Still retarded to force a relationship with Shouko

Suffice to say, it took the Deaf People's Association of Japan to start a public campaign for the KnK manga to start serialization because it had been deemed that the take on bullying and the way Nishimiya was treated was too intense because OF COURSE such things don't really happen in Japan (meaning it was bad taste to even talk about bullying against the disabled, let alone acknowledge that it's an everyday reality)

You are wrong OP, in this movie there is not a single good character, everyone fucked up at one point. Yes, even the mom.

edgelord swerve

I love you, Ueno!

I could post articles too.

futurity.org/disabilities-jobs-cover-letters-1084262-2/
money.cnn.com/2015/07/26/news/economy/americans-with-disabilities-act-problems-remain/index.html

I've been to Japan, sometimes staying for a few months, and their infrastructure for disabled people is one of the best I've ever seen, if not the best. I always see anons saying how Japanese culture demonizes people with differences but I haven't experienced that at all. I believe anons (specially Americans) confuse a culture based on collectivism to flat out bigotry.

Movie Ueno was only implied to be in love with Shouya, it's manga Ueno the one that's clearly jealous and a bit yandere.

It's not much different in the manga anyway, only the first half the characters are likeable and then it goes full retard

yes their physical care for disabled people is all well and fine but a person who is deaf, lost a limb, is depressed or another mental illness will not fit in with society there

At least we can all agree that Kawai is the truly irredeemable girl and the worst piece of shit out there

That's why she's a vastly superior character
Also dem legs, based Kyoani

>There is an old but sadly popular stigma around mental illness and disability in Japan. It's seen as a weakness and a hindrance to one's potential.
Well, it's true. People shouldn't be bullied because of it, but being disabled in any way is objectively a negative and a drain on both the person's family and the society as a whole.

Sweet edge, bro. All she needed was a Chad to intimidate the shit out of everyone and plow her while she makes weird noises.

1) You don't know what bigotry means.
2) Collectivism is necessarily anti-individualism, which means it is intrinsically discriminatory. See the massive suicide rate due to social tightness seen in Japan for evidence to support that. The idea of putting everyone first only works when you are part of the in-crowd, which means it can only work in incredibly closed, homogeneous cultures AKA not the West.

Kawai is implied to redeem herself after the movie arc (probably more so than Ueno), while in the movie her bitchness is a bit toned down compared to Ueno, they are pretty comparable assholes imo.

fuck psychologists. they're the modern day version of old world medicine.

There's a widespread public campaign encouraging the public to help those who may be experiencing some difficulties, including disabled people, pregnant women and elderly people, or simply confused and overwhelmed foreigners. And people are actually helping, too. I've never seen anything like it in any other country.

Ueno is not shit

Yes because they havent been tolerant or excepting for so long that in this modern world they need to catch up with the west in terms of tolerance and acceptance.

They usually don't fit in society anywhere not just Japan

Mentally-ill uenofags need no apply

Japan is more tolerant than most western countries, my man. This is a fact. I think your idea of Japan needs to catch up, they're not the imperialist nation of the 40s.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

The Japanese suicide rate is mostly a meme at this point. They're currently 26th in the world, below many post-Soviet countries and Belgium for example.

Ueno was pretty great at least she understood how shit it was for Shouya to be all "I deserve this", or even how she was right about Ahoul I being in a sad sack state although she was wrong thinking it was malicious and not just depression.

>3.05% more free time
AHAHAHAHAHA

>Japan is more tolerant than most western countries
holy lel this delusion

M8, I've never had random people approach me and offer help simply because I was studying a map before. The West is a great place to live in, but Japan has its strengths too.

dude they are so many news storys about japans neglect towards disabled people

Just a reminder that importing millions of "refugees" whose inherent beliefs go against western values is not tolerance, it's suicide.

>movie opens with The Who's "My Generation" to a montage of the boys' crazy antics
>we hear the line "I hope I die before I get old" within the first two minutes of the movie
>but killing yourself as a teen is wrong
Getting mixed signals here, Kyoni

fuck off slut

>be american
>lose two hours of free time a day to your commute slogging in a GM shitbox between your work your slice of suburban hell

Ueno has a few good points in the manga but in the movie I didn't like her at all.

Ueno is delicious and everything, but I really want to hug and comfort the reverse trap imouto

>be japan fag
>wake up in shitty 2 room apartment
>work mind numbing job for 15 hours
> ride bicycle home
>repeat
>commit sucide

I liked her way more in the movie, I personally don't like anything to do with romance and her main motivations in the manga were romantic, while in the movie they ditch that, although as some anons say it is implied somewhat.

Yuzuru has to be the only good character in the series.

>be american
>walk outside
>get shot

She is as fucked up as the others, only normal characters in the story are Ishidamom and Maria.

There was more to her in the manga than just the romance, there is important stuff missing like her constant remorse about her acts, her apologize to Shouya right at the beginning and her fights with Kawai (honest bitch vs hypocrite bitch), in the movie she felt pretty basic to me.

Every character in the series deserves some happiness except kawai

What you call neglect in japan is called treating people equally and not like special snowflakes.

>Psychologist just prescribes xanax and everyone goes into addiction

I would watch it

Two of those things were in the movie. She kinda apologized to Shouya in the movie when she hops into his bike, and had an argument with Kawai at the bridge. Ueno was less over the top in the movie, less scummy, so I didn't feel like she needed to feel remorse for anything, she was just acting how she felt was best, and she thought Nishimiya was the reason for all the fallout both in the movie and manga

I watched the movie first by the way, and never really felt like her character had more substance while reading the manga, the only character I feel the film didn't need was Mashiba, and that was before even reading it, in the manga he comes across as a bit over the top as well, he and Kawai.

Ueno is so full of life she really can't understand Nishimiya's personality, like said
From her point of view, she's being a massive attention whore who wants to suck all life and good will from the boy she likes
She's inconsiderate and brash but post-timeskip she's not casually malicious as they were as kid bullies, it's just that her character arc in the movie is stunted like everyone else's

But what about Nishidad? And his family? The teacher? You're too soft user.

I expected more from the teacher when reading the manga, as I saw the movie first I figured the teacher was just disillusioned with his job, as I got into the manga I expected the teacher to get what was coming to him but it was very underwhelming. Just water to his face and an introspection from him implying he always had some sort of fate in Shoya, came out of nowhere really, I would have preferred not seeing him again if that's how you're going to end that mini side-character arc.

Oops, wrong image of course

I'm so glad they cut the Ueno confession attempt and all the MISUNDERSTANDINGS drama
If anything at Kyoani someone should've gotten the idea of cutting/pasting some more of the plot, they got the right idea of making Ueno less of an antagonist since she's less present and the story moves forward by itself more and she shines brighter so

You're not fooling anyone Ueno

The fight with NishiMom was so satisfying to be honest
You have the two main characters who get eaten away by anxieties and keep everything on the inside while Ueno is always the "all out" person

Teacher is even worse in one shot, in the manga he at least trying. That arc was about Shoya-Satoshi mostly Satoshi friendship development, wasn't really about teacher, he was like fanservice or something.

>Ueno was less over the top in the movie, less scummy
She was just as scummy, but she felt more like an standard villain in the movie.

I don't remember her apologizing to Shouya, but anyway what was missing was her conlfict with him, Shouya just accepts to get along with her for no reason in the movie while he struggles more in the manga, mainly for Shouko's safety.

Ueno vs Kawai was minimal in the movie, the point of Ueno was to always be critical and straight to the point about the kind of relationship they are having, while Kawai is always acting behind a mask. Ueno just feels more shallow in the movie in that respect as she acts similarly to Kawai just assuming it's all fine while it's not fine at all.

Oh and her constant remorse in the manga is because while she thinks she has "reasons" to hate Shouko, she is aware that she doesn't have the rights to punch her and treat her like shit just for that, so in that aspect she just feels like just a cold bitch with no emotions at all in the movie.

>Shouya just accepts to get along with her for no reason in the movie
She does get back the X on her face though and it stays there right till the end

I want to make love to Nishimom and make her feel like a woman again.

But the X was just there graphically and didn't quite translated into his actions.

Shut up Ueno. You're a shit.

haha dude if you said that to my face i would spit on your grave after teleporting behind u and cutting ur head off

Ueno is not as bad as OP, I will give her that.

>She was just as scummy, but she felt more like an standard villain in the movie.
Not really, she wasn't a villain in the movie, she was more of a character with her own motives to act the way she did. If anything she is a generic love interest villain in the manga to be honest.

>I don't remember her apologizing to Shouya
It's less on an apology and more of an acknowledgement, but very fitting considering Ueno's personality, she wouldn't flat out apologize. Watch the scene again.

>the point of Ueno was to always be critical and straight to the point about the kind of relationship they are having, while Kawai is always acting behind a mask.
I got this from the movie, didn't need more iterations of Ueno/Kawai arguing to understand that contrast.

>Ueno just feels more shallow in the movie in that respect as she acts similarly to Kawai just assuming it's all fine while it's not fine at all.
I completely disagree, there's really nothing in the manga that differs from their characters in the movie, the manga just turns the dial up by 10 with Ueno being more of a jealous bitch and Kawai a manipulative snake.

>Shouya just accepts to get along with her for no reason in the movie while he struggles more in the manga, mainly for Shouko's safety.
I think you're judging the movie using the manga as a ruler. If you look at the movie by itself, Ueno just hangs out with them twice before the epilogue: during the amusement park scene, and at the bridge, she invites herself in both occasions, it's not like Shouya to flat out tell her to go away, and he isn't looking for trouble with Shouko around either.

>somehow the mc never gets to make up with his old bros
>but makes up with the dumbwhores
Yeah, no this show was shit

>Nishimom
>not Ishimom

>she was more of a character with her own motives to act the way she did
Yet not getting called out for her actions nor having any remorse of it makes it seem like all her actions were all right for everyone, which is retarded.
>I got this from the movie, didn't need more iterations of Ueno/Kawai arguing to understand that contrast.
The subtlety is in the expressions and dialogs, it's just much more toned down in the movie which hurt their characterizations.
>the manga just turns the dial up by 10 with Ueno being more of a jealous bitch and Kawai a manipulative snake.
The sort of actions they do require a shitty personality like that in the first place.
>Ueno just hangs out with them twice before the epilogue
Which is exactly why it feels dumb for her still hanging out like nothing happened by the end (especially Nishimiya), removing the movie arc means ditching the relationships they were growing up to that point. Also the scene where Nishimiya keeps convincing Ueno to help with Nagatsuka's movie doesn't make much sense in the film: did she approach to her just to be bullied and say sorry or what.
>I think you're judging the movie using the manga as a ruler
I watched the movie first and found Ueno retarded as her actions and attitude didn't match entirely for me, just after reading the manga I felt a bit more alright with her.

I liked movie Ueno more, the shit she does in the manga never feels justified and it seems to me that the author just made her a cartoon villain to up the forced drama. Movie Ueno is also cuter, specially those delicious slender legs.

>forced drama
That applies to both anyway, KnK definitely isn't the best drama out there

Did anyone else feel like Ueno in the movie stopped romantically liking Ishida during the bike/street light scene after the time skip? When she says he's gotten lame, every scene with her before that had her look at him with those puppy eyes of hers, everything after that feels as if she actually wanted to make things up for the past out of remorse and not just out of a silly middle school crush. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but her body language and pacing of that particular scene gives me that impression. In the manga she just leaves laughing/crying, a pretty quick moment judging by the paneling, and of course, there's many occasions after that with her showing that she still likes him.

>everything after that feels as if she actually wanted to make things up for the past
>keeps acting exactly like her 10 yo self
ehh dunno

You must be new to Japan, huh.

>Another thread nobody mentioned Miyoko in
I guess she was that bad after all.

Sasuga OP, you convinced everyone the this was made by Ueno, but not me this is exactly the kind of shit kawai would pull off go to an anonymous board shit on shouko, write "not typed by Ueno and watch the shitstorm unfold.
And all of you who got tricked by OP should be ashamed.

What was her deal supposed to be?

The problem is that there are like three type of characters in this series: the MCs, the cold bitches and the ones no one cares about (Sahara included)

Square pupils

>Psychologists
>prescribe
Nice retardism, user.

>I am so weak and have such a low self esteem I will suck a cock for appreciation
>How do I change? I am trying really hard by the way
>I should be more like Naoka I guess
>Well fuck, it doens't work
>Shoya how do I change?
>Oh, I should just keep on trying, thanks
Better than Miki for sure.
In which category Ueno then? MCs? And Sahara did had a role actually, a more valuable than Miki or Satoshi for instance.

GO GO

Remember Thaifag? I do, sadly I can't find the image.