Child vs adult

What does Sup Forums consider an "Adult" anime?

In Japan, anime is seen as a children's entertainment. But it's become more common but a lot of baby boomers in Japan still see it as so. Which is why there's a bunch of shitty reality shows by them.

So what does Sup Forums think?

BNHA is for kids. Hunter x Hunter is for adults.

Why would you go and tell lies on the internet.

what lies?

Moeshit is for adults.
Yuri is for adults.

Long running children's shows are for children, clearly, and everything else is for horny teenagers. There is no such thing as anime for adults.

Airs at otaku time? Adult.
Doesn't ait at otaku time? for literal children.
Otaku time goes from the 22 or 23 to the 26 I believe.

What does any of that mean Ruri?

>pic related is for children

>Adult
SoL cute girls doing cute things
>Child
Action and violence

I dunno what animu this is

Elfen Lied
Chobits

Fuck.

>Hunter x Hunter
Shonen.
>SoL cute girls doing cute things
Yotsuba& is shonen.
>Action and violence
Berserk is seinen.

Forgot the pic, you asswipe

>shonen / seinen
op is asking for anime though

Shounen and Shoujo are for adults
Seinen is for children

Anime is a lie.
People who say they watched anime are in on the conspiracy. Don't believe them.

Isnt the definition determined by how the anime makes money?
If it sells merch for kids its aimed at kids.

If it gets its profits from 300€ bds, nude figurines and pachinko machines its for adults.

>Isnt the definition determined by how the anime makes money?
No. But very funny idea.

sorry Ruri, I didn't know.

If you watch moe/harem/fujo/whatever the fuck without needing to justify yourself then you transcended the childish behavior of trying to be validated by other people for what you like because you are a wizard.

Outside of that this whole medium is completely formulaic, filled with archetypal characters and scenarios, even the ovas and movies sold as more serious and mature just follow the genericness of hollywood instead which doesn't make them better, from the worst to the best japan only have to offer different degrees of teenager level writing, you either conform and find your niche to see as mindless entertainment or you simply give up.

Oh yeah, I know. I never got those genres you mentioned anyways. I love my anime, Pokemon Yugioh Lupin the third and more, I just wanted Sup Forums's opinion on it cause I saw someone say that lupin the third is a child's anime even tho it aired on adult swim a lot ass time ago.

But even if it's silly, doesn't make it "Childish"
Even if it is, fuck I don't personally care.

Who cares. You’re a weirdo in either society anyway

Being an adult means enjoying the things you enjoy without giving a fuck. So "adult" anime is any anime, if you enjoy it.

I've already accepted it user

see 2 posts up user

Anything that shills toys and figures is for kids.
Anything that also shills those, plus body pillows and onaholes, are for 50 year old nip basement dwellers.
These two are not mutually exclusive.

>day has 26 hours

Late night anime are considered LATE, not early.
So, instead of 3 o'clock it airs at 27 o'clock.

anything that is a glorified advertisement for a shitty light novel for emotionally stunted teens, a crappy line of toys, or anything of the like can pretty safely be categorized as "For kids"

defining what is "For adults" is almost always reduced to what the general rating dictates it be, meaning stuff like adult themes, sexual themes, violence, gore, and so on are typically the mark of things "For adults"

now it goes without saying that when it comes to anime that these things are also not so clearly defined. can you market a bunch of adult toys and products using characters from a show made for kids? Can a ridiculously violent and sexual show have appeal for children? Are these things mutually exclusive?

I am an adult. A legal adult in fact. I can go to jail. I own a car, property, and I have others who are dependent on me for their own well-being. That doesn't stop me from rewatching Hidimari Sketch every 16 months, or having fun reading whatever trashy LN is currently popular. And ultimately, if you have genuine interest in any hobby-- be it anime, television, video games, and so on-- the only person whose opinion on what is or isn't mature enough for you to be able to indulge in unabashedly is yourself

I hope I was coherent enough to help

>and pachinko machines
So haruhi is an adult anime.

If the show is based around 15 year old school girls. It’s for adults.

That’s really about it

Yeah. If its success relies on adults watching and enjoying it it is in fact aimed at adults.
Like how MLP is an adult cartoon because it appeals to adults intentionally. The shows that only kids like are completely different.

Everything user likes is dumb and childish.

New thought. What about anime that you grew up with that's still on like Pokemon, yugioh and digimon?

adult read manga and watch SOL

It isn't though

Aria is shonen.

>grew up
You did not grow up. You merely grew old.

fair enough