Infinite Stratos

How the hell do you screw up something like this?

It was the biggest harem series after Monogatari. People loved the setting, the girls and mecha musume designs. Char was so popular it was crazy.

Is there even a chance to save it now?

Other urls found in this thread:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/3864527
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>author gets SO MAD that no one waifus Houki that he starts purposefully shitting on other girls
>doesn't work, still nobody cares about Houki
>stop writing entirely, or something

Reboot S2 with the real plot zero filler and the new character designs

Vol 11 released this year

After 2 years of nothing.

It's getting a game now though.

Not happening. It should just get a yuri spin-off like every other big harem. Especially since half of the school is already gay.

who the fuck are this and why nobody will care about them?

New girls from dmm game that's in beta now.

>Dual seater IS

Remember when someone got attacked in Akiba for wearing Rin's shirt?

Cecilia is so cute but I stopped caring about the series

This shit is swarming with cute girls but retarded author decided to shit on all of them because his nippon stronk waifu was not popular.

Only a spin-off could save it now.

>Is there even a chance to save it now?

Is this shit still going on? Is it going to end any time soon?

New volume came out this year.

Vol11 ratings. Just...

>Is there even a chance to save it now?
Yuuki Homura is already saving it.

Yuuki Homura manga is past the end of s1 now. Maybe there's a chance?

>s1 was good enough to the point where the last few episodes friends would come around and watch it on airing day
>have waifu wars with biggest pleb thinking britain was best
>s2 happens
>nobody gives a shit besides the birthday episode
it still hurts

ah top kek

He's soon going to reach the part where Yumizuru went full retard. They would need to rewrite it to save anything.

A lot actually happens plotwise, Charl even gets an upgrade.

>volume 5

Miracle of the universe

Some of vol11 parts look interesting, but series is just too fucked on the basic level. That OVA where everyone but Houki is a retarded submissive whore pretty much killed the series.

Dont read this. What happened?

Houki sure is

>he

8 and 9 definitely poisoned the well. Even then, autism and the waifu keep me translating the manga. Once that's current, it'll be on to something else IS related.

>That Volume 5 and 6.
He's not even hiding it anymore. The madman.

Haven't kept up with the LNs, can someone give me the basic gestalt on how it went full retard? I knew it was heading in that general direction by the end of season 2 when they kept introducing more new girls instead of working with the six that they already had, which were getting next to no screen time by that point in time, out side of their obligatory ecchi scenes.

Damn, she should rewrite the entire thing.

>Velvet Hell
My own clone! Now neither of us will be virgins!

Just watch the last OVA.

>"Everyone likes characters B through M, but I want them to like character A so I'll make B through M look bad."
>People like A even less because of the shoehorning
>"FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEE!"

Canadians a cute.

Haremshit really killed it. Ichika worked great when he was a retard only used for funny moments. That entire SAO part was so fucking retarded.

I thought I had? Maybe I'm not remembering it right or one came out after, AFTER the season 2 specials. Does that OVA explain it all or is it a taste of going of the deep end? While you reply back, I'll go and try to find that OVA.

The VR sequence explains perfectly why everyone hates the series now. Everyone but Houki is a retarded slut.

This. Mecha, characters with screwed up pasts, some story, but MUH HAREM.

Author tried to push Houki as a good character by making others look bad.
To no one's surprise people still gave shit about Houki.
Author got mad.

>Haremshit really killed it
So it was dead from the start then?

No because it was not the standard haremshit.

It was. The only difference was you liked it, so you could excuse all of it.

It sold more than your favorite shows together.
What's your excuse.

It really wasn't. MC wasn't a gary stu chosen one with amazing powers making every girl wet. In fact he was a shittier pilot than any of the girls. Half of the school wanted to rape him. Males in general were second class citizens and Ichika wasn't some amazing alpha on the quest to make males great again.

It was fun. Nothing like average haremshit.

They're all ugly.

Tabane is best girl.

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/3864527

You have a narrow and biased negative perspective or definition of the harem genre, check out this image.

Even then, an average guy being the mc in a scenario where he is surrounded by girls was nothing new, what made IS more popular than other harem series was the sci-fi setting with those mech-suits.

>heroine wake up in the morning
>she realizes she's sleeping next to a naked German supersoldier
That's actually even cuter than the original."Sleeping next to" because he's too pure to know what sex is, so it's just this massive, muscular, military dude snuggling up to her, drooling in his sleep.

Only a spin-off featuring the adventures of Charlotte and Laura fighting shadow organisations all over the world could save it.

Hopefully it'll end like that one Asanagi doujin

It was the setting, international waifus, mecha musume and Ichika being an autist.

Many series tried to mimic IS S1 success since then and failed horribly.

Males can't do anything in IS. At best you are getting lesbian rapists.

Houki has been changed her attitude tsundere for good and the haters still hating her by no real reasons
The creator is right, those haters faggot are very wrong

>Houki has been changed her attitude tsundere for good and the haters still hating her by no real reasons
wtf am i reading

izuru, go back to 2ch

BIG FAT RABBIT TATS

It's not about Houki. It's about shitting on every other girl to make Houki look better.

It's not about just Houki bullshit. Every arc after the first is the same. It gets tiring when school gets attacked for the 10th time.

Why is Tabane even doing any of this shit?

I can't believe it's already been this many years since S1 aired and that it never fully took off. This was set up and ready to be THE next big haremshit.

a cute

You don't NEED reasons when you're an insane supervillain and basically responsible for a majority of the terrorism in the IS world. If there is any reason it's just because she doesn't want her waifu Chifuyu to get bored. There may be many Chifuyus, but that Chifuyu-nee is HERS.

Discount rin

It's kind of boring when the secret big bad is so powerful there is literally no way to beat her without plot going full retard. At this point an alien invasion wouldn't surprise me.

Slav loli the cutest.

And pikachu has personal unit now.

Tabane is clearly pulling an Aoelia Schenberg.

Bring about world peace through second Cold War that also instigates an arms race that will prepare humanity for the incoming alien invasion.

>We want the DxD audience - The Character

>Greek

Literally how?

>literally Taiwanese Rin

They could make a series about side girls and it would probably shit on 90% of what's airing. Making it harem was a mistake in the first place. It could've been like second Strike Witches or GuP.

Thai girl is cute. Dutch one looks like a turbo dyke. Canadians look like incestuous dykes.

The internet volume aka the OVA is where ti jumped the shark.
Before it was just a mediocre harem with a dense retard until that shitheap

>Oh by the way IS can go into the internet, everyone knows this its common knowledge even though we never mentioned it
>IS are the ultimate weapon, oh but heres two people defeating them bare handed without breaking a sweat.
>Ichika gains newtype powers out of nowhere
>After 3 volumes where they show off that there are upperclassmen that can slap Ichika and harem around nearly effortlessly lets have the school get attacked yet again and have them nowhere to be found again
>I KNOW YOU JUST PUT ONE OF MY STUDENTS IN THE HOSPITAL AND TRIED TO MURDER EVERYONE BUT IM GOING TO LET YOU OFF WITH A WARNING DONT DO IT AGAIN

Theres probably even more bullshit but its been years since I read it and dropped the series like the hot mess it had become.

Electronic Brain World was a helluva ride.

I loved how Tatenashi was saved by super awesome white knight Ichika and she falls for him instantly.

>鳳亂音
What the fuck is up with her name it's a total dumpster fire.
Not only does it make her even more of a half-baked Rin clone (their names are literally one letter apart) but who the fuck would ever name their kid 亂音? It literally means "messy sound". Her parents hated her so much they named her after her cousin but changed it up to sound like shit?

I love how Tatenashi was introduced as THE STRONGEST IN THE ACADEMY simply so she could job like a little bitch every volume afterwards.

>that broken english
author-san? is that you?

She got in line like the thot she is.

Taiwan is a fucking disgrace, Izuru did the right thing.

She's gonna make a lot of messy sounds with other girls.

Is she supposed to be the Sakura to Rin's Rin?

>we'll never see more of her

It hurts a bit.

That would be actually a really interesting anime.

Any anime like that? Or show or movie.

I'm watching it now and wasn't it always like this? You people were getting outraged over THIS OVA that I'm watching right now, right? Everyone was yelling bloody murder that y'all confused me and mad me worried I had missed a recent OVA or that an alternate telling had come out. For me, this was always par for the course: a harem with a super bland do it all boring MC and a bunch of girls lusting over him. I just don't see the outrage here senpai, I mean, it's just a VR world and the girls are only acting slutty towards the man they love and idealize. I thought that we liked ecchi things in Infinite Stratos since Ichika was never taking any actions with his harem and generally being a passive faggot.

People can dislike this OVA, it isn't amazing, but hating on it for giving fans what they had been getting exactly what we wanted. Also Cecilia is the best, this brought back a lot of good memories of her again.

>All LNs get worse and worse with each volume
>Overlord is the exact opposite that gets better and better
I feel like such a smug bastard, but it just do.

>Char was so popular it was crazy
I never understood how people kept being hyped about her when she became noise the moment she dropped the pants. She was even asked if she wanted to drop them and her answer was that all she wanted to be was boring shit. Better than brooms I guess.

This OVA makes every girl look like a submissive whore who dreams about badass Ichika to fuck her while Houki is a pure Yamato Nadeshiko.

Can't fault his superior taste

Overlord is MMO isekai trash with gary stu MC who can never lose.

Laura wanted him to be a househusband though.

While getting manhandled in naked apron.

>This OVA makes every girl look like a submissive whore who dreams about badass Ichika to fuck her while Houki is a pure Yamato Nadeshiko.

I would pay money for such an alpha mc that does more than go "What was that?" and shake women off him when they're rubbing their thighs against him. Some of my favorite series are ones with an alpha mc and if the series in question is a harem, then that's just an extra positive. I'm still failing to see the problem with that, didn't we watch this for the girls; so more ecchi with girls = good? Infinite Stratos was always a harem, did people in japan self insert and got mad when the girls got wet for Ichika? I know that tends to happen in moonland but jeez, come on.

Ichika is literally the only male in the entire series, why would anyone do something as stupid as self insert for a waifu then get butt blasted when they express their love for the only canon male?

>165295258

Is IS the only harem you have ever seen?

Ichika should ignore classmates and go for the older woman harem

>I would pay money for such an alpha mc

So you want absolute shit like Campione or Hagure Yuusha? Okay.