What is your 2017 AOTY? Now that the current season is nearing the end, and the year is almost finished

What is your 2017 AOTY? Now that the current season is nearing the end, and the year is almost finished.

Kemono Friends

Boku no Pico

Ousama game

Dragon Maid I guess. I barely watched any 2017 shows, they majority of the stuff I watch this year was older.

Well maybe Boku no Hero Academia 2 or Made in Abyss.

>2017

AOTYAY

>Made in abyss AOTY and best of summer season
>Maid Dragon AOTS winter
>Girls last Tour looking like fall AOTS
>Gonna count LWA second cour as Spring AOTS because the season was so shitty

This year has been pretty bad honestly, but I'm gonna go with Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine.

Either Owarimonogatari S2 or Princess Principal.

Kemono Friends, no doubt

Not even a competition. The only other show that I believe to actually be a contender would be Uchouten2. MiA's mid part was garbage, Rakugo2 was OK but seriously not even remotely as special as season1, and fall doenst have a single show actually worth considering.

GabDrop
Natsume Yuujinchou Roku (Eromanga if you discredit sequels)
Mahoujin Guru Guru
Mahoutsukai no Yome (AOTY)

I'll go with this, even though i loved MiA

Neither good nor bad year for me.

>WINTER
maidragon
little with academia
youjo senki
kemono friends
acca 13
>S2
konosuba S2
rakugo S2

>SPRING
nothing
>S2
boku no hero S2
shingeku no bahamut S2

>SUMMER
Kakegurui
Made in Abyss
Koi to uso
ballroom e youkoso
18if

>FALL
Mahoutsukai no yome
Inuyashiki
houseki no kuni
>S2
kekkai sensen & beyond
3-gatsu S2
garo S2
osomatsu S2

Made in Abyss I suppose.

Tsuki ga Kirei is close, especially because it is the first anime my favorite pixiv artist worked on
but MiA tops it for me based on the fantasy setting and OST

>Winter (Great Overall Season)
1. Kemono Friends (AOTY)
2. Konosuba
3. Youjo Senki

>Spring (Bad)
1. Tsuki ga Kirei
2. Little Witch Academia (should go in winter but it's too stacked)
3. Uchouten Kazoku 2

>Summer (Terrible)
1. Princess Principal
2. Made in Abyss
3. Aho Girl

>Winter (Good)
1. Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
2. Mahoutsukai no Yome
3. Shokugeki no Soma (there are a lot of pretty good shows that could easily be swapped here depending on the endings)

Is Bahamut S2 worth finishing? I jumped ship at episode 14, it was getting unbearably bad.

The indisputable AOTY is Sagrada Reset, too bad nobody even watched it but that's ok, it will just follow the same pattern Shinsekai Yori did, we'll just need to wait 4 years for people to start talking about it. Meanwhile you guys can keep talking about which one was the second best anime of the year, have fun.

Girls' last tour I guess.
My previous option was LWA.
While both of them were amazing anime I loved they don't feel like something to be called one of the best ever though. But these anime are rare, last time I felt an AOTY was truly good was when the S2 of NNB was airing so it's okay.

Kemono Friends
Mahoujin Guru Guru
Girls' Last Tour

Tsuki ga Kirei

What about Mahoutsukai no Yome makes it AOTY for you?

It has everything it should need to be that but I find it falling short. It's moments that should blow you away with visuals matching the amazing musical swells use lackluster animation techniques more often than not. Also the whole "Elias hid in chise's shadow just long enough to let the situation get tense" shit happened way too many times already. The enemy mage they just beat was a rediculously overused architype, the insane "please die for me" shota is just insulting to watch at this point. How did chise get stabbed by that huge bug claw and just get up afterwards and use enough magic to erase elias' hand? Also the story isn't even half over yet. How people can claim it's AOTY is beyond me. I guess all that marketing crunchyroll did really brainwashed some people.

Made in abyss and Kado: the right answer are my 2 favorites this year.

Its like most of you faggots arent watching Shoujo Shuumatsu.

I'm a huge fan of the manga, so I'm already attached to the characters but
>visuals
>interesting worldbuilding and lore
>OST
>developing dynamic between Chise and Elias
>interesting plot arcs
>perfect pacing that compliments the feel of the slow, deliberative feel of the manga
If I had to pinpoint what makes it AOTY I'd say it was the atmosphere and the worldbuilding.

Little Witch Academia

I feel much the same. Though my main issue is that I like the world but don't care for any of the characters. Especially not Chise.

Looking back It seems to have been a good year. Perhaps not great, but good.
I did skip Spring and Summer but I am aware that Summer had some good shit.
For me its the potatoes

LWA
Acca 13
Princess principal
Monogatari
houseki no kuni

will wait with AOTY for houseki no kuni to finish (who even says I have to choose?). Also have to finish Made in Abyss

it somehow manages to get worse

Rakugo S2

>Also have to finish Made in Abyss
it only gets better

Easy pick

Rakugo S2 failed to incorporate the performances into the narrative in the same way that S1 did and it suffered from horrific pacing issues due to the theme being the lingering of a certain character.

>failed to incorporate the performances into the narrative in the same way that S1 did
That's super incorrect.
>suffered from horrific pacing issues
That's a complaint people make when they don't have a real criticism.

The criticism is that the narrative repeated the same beat through the entire season with the protagonist literally stuck in the old way of doing things waiting to complete his own style until the geezer finally kicks it after three or four teases. Even if that lingering was part of the characterization, it detracted from the pacing of the season.

A lot of this year was shit. But I’d guess that Youjo Senki and Made in Abyss are some of the better shows out of a pile of shit

Knights & Magic or MiA

>Youjo Senki
Shit.
>Knights & Magic
Shit.

I thought this was fun but wouldn't call it AOTY. I'm surprised anyone else watched it.

I thought it's going to be MiA, but then Houseki no Kuni happened. Nothing can compete, to be honest. MiA still has a better OST, though.

Akiba's Trip: The Animation was a blast.

I enjoyed Youjo Senki the most
but MiA comes at a close second

It was fun, and I liked it a lot as well.

Either Acca13 or Konosuba S2

I didn't finish very many shows this year but of those, probably Kemono Friends. LWA would have beat it out if it hadn't kind of fallen apart in the last few episodes

I'm willing to call it >dub of the year. It fit.
Thenagain I haven't watched that many dubs, currently Yamato.

I didn't watch any shows from this year. But I gave five 9/10s this year to shows I first watched in 2017. So my AOTY is one of this Aim for the ace, Future boy Conan, Maison Ikkoku,Utena, and Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

I won't count S2s, but so far it's between Made in Abyss and Girls' Last Tour/Shooujo Shuumatsu Ryokou. Houseki no Kuni is surprisingly great so far. Man, it's funny how last year my favorites had muscular dudes, this year it's lolis and feminine rocks.

Yes.

Kemono Friends.

1. The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl
2. Uchoten Kazoku 2
3. Lu Over the Wall
4. Little Witch Academia
5. Tsuki ga Kirei

Overall weak in my opinion

SideM was better than Kemono Friends, accept it.

But it wasn't a meme, so it's kinda irrelevant.

Houseki

Haven't seen it yet, but no lion hits the same level of quality as s1 ill give that an aoty. Its a favorite of mine but I'm waiting for it to finish airing so I can watch it at a comfortable pace.

*Knight's & Magic
Missed the grammatical error.
Though, I suppose the only way you can find that show as a best is if you're prone to missing errors.

Excellent taste.

it's definitely Kemono Friends. there's no competition even.

Rakugo 2 and Kekkai Sensen 2. Not even a fujo, this year was just underwhelming for me.

Winter: Kemono Friends
Spring: FAGs
Summer: Mahoujin Guru Guru
Winter: Girls' Last Tour

Winter is still up in the air some what. Magnus Bride and Gembutts could still take AOTS, net juu is not out of the running either.

AOTY: Kemono Friends obviously.