There are many cats in Japan...

There are many cats in Japan, so why don't anime sound staff record real cats to get realistic cat noises instead of having voice actors try to produce cat-like sounds poorly?

licensing issues, a cat won't be able to sign contracts

They could also animate silent cats. Anime cats are too noisy, it's unrealistic.

surely, there must be willing cats out there
they got realistic cat sounds for this one in the anime

Try having a cat do the noise you want it to do.

Why not just attach microphones to staff members' cats and extract the sounds for later?

Sound directors can't be bothered to go through cat meows catalogues.

Still they would have to pay the cat for using his image. Not to say it's illegal to take pictures of people without their permission, cats included.

Peta pls
Animals dont have human rights

How many cats do you know that can go NYAARRRRGGH

Just check out cat videos on Youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36u4zTb05E
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlctjbUpiVo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=blVEC0ERdnE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Iqev-E150

You think going through hours of bad-quality audio just to maybe get a sound that fits what you want is worth doing when you can just get a voice actor to do whatever you need and edit it on your computer? This isn't some fairy land, these people are working jobs and have deadlines.

Why are you posting a tanuki in the cat thread?

You should see my cat. I've yet to encounter more noisy animal and I've lived on a farm. It's loud as a power drill and never shuts up for more than 3 minutes.

the cat in the second videos doesnt meow once

Cats are going to steal Kugumiya Rie's jobs.

>put microphone on cat
>cat nyans while animator is home
>hey the cat just nyanned, let me write down the time
>hey sound man, i got a nice nyan sound for the anime at 3:14 AM today
>neat dude let me run this fancy noise reduction algorithm to get a clean nyan
>ok let's put it into the anime
>nyan
and everyone was happy ever after

OTP I ship it

Cat episodes of shows are always complete garbage. I have no idea why elevens are so enamoured with such a worthless animal

Do you really not understand why deliberate pretend noises are preferred over unreliable incidental recordings in a strict, deadline-driven work environment?

Are you too stupid and mediocre to take decisions that would lead to medium- and long-term improvements?

My cat makes this weird vibrating sound. His mouth opens a little, but it's not a meow or purr.

Are you completely sure it's a cat?

It wouldn't though. There are to many extra steps to getting a real cat for what might amount to 30 seconds of audio for the entire season. Also the actor is already being paid so you might as well make em work.

Not him but you are astonishingly stupid. How hard do you think it is to lift a cat off the ground and put it in front of a microphone for a few minutes?

And then file paper work for the hours that the car worked. Have a handler there to make sure there was no abuse. Other dumb bullshit that would come with working with a animal. But yeah keep ignoring that guy who already gets paid to pretend. I'm sure that is what will make your anime the best around. A real cat.

I'd like to argue further but your post made me laugh. You win.

works fine for me

My cat tried to kill me once, shit was SO cash desu

>That one doujin where she gets fucked by Sensei
HOT

Fuck you. Anime cat's are the best.

I agree. The cat in Saiki K. was the second best character.