Why do people like this again? Its so fucking ugly

Why do people like this again? Its so fucking ugly.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Kaiji
>ugly
This is what real beauty looks like

It's beautiful on the inside.

>Its so fucking ugly.
That's just your reflection in your monitor.

there is already a kaiji thread on the catalog, please post there.

Because it's a tale about misérables, you are not here to lewd them or god forbid self-insert. Actually you'll rage drop it if you'll try to. You are here to watch a borderline urban fantasy with interesting theme and nice sound directing.

>you are not here to lewd them
Sweet summer child.

Epic bait, OP. Simply epic.

OP here see the characters to the right in this pic? That's how it's done.

See this Sup Forums filename? Change it to facebook or thumbr one next time.

Do fags and girls like sharp or round features?

Depends on the person.

I wish we had one anime a year that was at least half as good as Kaiji.

Just read anything by fukumoto to get your fix

Kaiji is moe and no one can change that!

ayy you need to know one thing

Anime is known for looking like this, its the definition and what we like. It's beautiful and being a contrarian wastes your time. Jew-noses belong in Sup Forums.

was it a stealth rec thread all along

Truth is that Fukomoto is a very good writer, but terrible at drawing. Madhouse did what they could to make his style look pretty btw, their adaptation looks way better than the manga.

>you are not here to lewd
First day on the internet?

He was terrible at drawing, not anymore. His style conveys a lot and he has great storyboarding. I'd go as far as say some of it is lost in the anime adaptation, although the OST and voices make up for it.

>way better than the manga
"No." Manga boat Kaiji is cute as fuck. At the time he is supposed to look harmless. The studio just grabbed his very last manga design iteration disregarding the plot development.

Fukumoto drawings grown on you as you keep reading his work and he's also getting noticeably better at anatomy and overall quality.
They are also effective for the kind of atmosphere and ugly world he wants to portray, Kaiji wouldn't be so memorable if all the characters were bishounen.

Everyone still looks and moves like a stiff, awkward doll, though. Like he only learned how to draw people at certain angles.
Backgrounds and complex imagery are almost definitely done by assistants.

This. Even if it's not the most technically masterful, it really makes the atmosphere.

To be fair Kaiji's face was weird, he got much much better with the end of part 1 and found the best style for him with part 2-3

>moves
When something moves in a FKMT manga, it's usually goofy for laughs, like that stupid picture of Kaiji landing on his feet. It's actually pretty good.
>Like he only learned how to draw people at certain angles
I disagree. Yes, the same angles come back a lot, but because of the sheer amount of chapters he draws for each series you also have a lot of new shot and experimental stuff. I never felt like what he did wasn't the best (or at least a good) solution to convey what he wanted to convey, except in his early works since he wasn't good back then.

The problem with Fukomoto's drawing to me is how dirty and messy everything looks. The anime at least looks clean, and the proportions seem more natural. It also manages to make characters look cool when they need to, whereas even badass characters in badass situations always seem to be average or weird looking in the manga.

>Kaiji wouldn't be so memorable if all the characters were bishounen.
I agree with that, but I think the anime still retains this style, it just gives a little bit of polishment to Fukomoto's work.

Forgot to quote

I didn't feel that, maybe it's because of the face shading? The anime had less because colors

I only really notice anything near "experimental" shots in his early work, like Sawada in the bottom right.
Can you show examples of what you mean in later chapters? Can't remember any off the top of my head.

Im watching akagi right now and im kind of disappointed. Maybe its the fact that i barely understand majhong even with the shows constant explanations but it doesnt feel remotely as good in comparison

>Maybe its the fact that i barely understand majhong
That's definitely part of it. People say you don't need to know it, but you miss out on a lot.

You like it more after a while, partly because you gain some understanding but yeah it's better if you know the basics
try playing it sometime gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html or read Kaiji part 3 to get it

You are probably just not a manga person. Cause they added a lot and simplified some and it's still a legit source to enjoy. I saw it already I'm not the only one here who thinks human derby is done more emotionally in the manga, for example.

Kaiji is a about a nobody with no apparent talent and no drive in life discovering his true self through extreme life and death situations. Akagi is about a person with immense talent, and a perspective/world view that's so different from other people that he just can't find joy in normal situations, and eventually can't seem to find joy in anything.
I think Kaiji is a much more relatable story, and its games are more varied and relatable as well.

I'd say that both are great stories and have great themes though, you have need to watch Akagi with a different mindset.

It's not exactly experimental but I think he pulls long shots well even though his works are focused on faces.
Other than I'm also thinking about the metaphors since they bring a lot of visual variety and change from the usual faces shot.

On the other hand his early work seemed really generic with comic-like rectangular panelling, less expressive faces, far less tension build-up. If he redrew the early chapters of Ten, he'd probably make them twice as long just because of that. That's what he does best.

Stop complaining about the artwork

Instead, what panels from Akagi or Ten do you remember most fondly? hard mode: no memes

A bunch of spoiler-y ones and I know the faggots here would click it.

It works for the tone of it.

Who gives a fuck, it's been ages.

How many crazy things happens in this arc
Every time i see a new one

When you understand what the game allows you to do, and ask yourself what would you have done in Akagi's place, and then see what he does instead, you'll much likely think "what a son of a bitch". Stay for that, and for bits of his way of thinking to be gradually revealed to you. Akagi (the anime/manga, not the character) has little character development/improvement, but it's much more about revealing an interesting, already developed character.

This was maybe the funniest part of the whole Washizu arc.

You forgot the most important page

Exactly what im saying
Better star reading that arc now

It's 10/10 to read in one sitting. Especially if you are one of those anons who watched the anime 10000 years ago and dropped it because there was no ending and also nothing to read at the time.

Is it a motherfucking Tezuka reference?

You are also fucking ugly user, but does that mean no one should like you?

You're so fucking ugly, OP. But you already know that.

>new Kaiji arc started about a month ago
>all of the chapters since then have just been Kaiji explaining to those two guys how he beat Kazuya
Why does FKMT do this to us? Does he even know what he's going to do next or is he just stalling until he gets an idea?

Fukumoto respects the readers' intelligence and assumes they want to know how Kaiji defeated Kazuya and aren't going to accept bullshit like "lol he just got lucky" or "Kaiji knew that Kazuya knew that Kaiji knew that Kazuya knew that Kaiji would do X so Kaiji did Y"