Why does Sup Forums hate haruhi now?

Why does Sup Forums hate haruhi now?

Newfags the lot of them. Hibike Euphonium is more their speed.

We love it.

because they probably belong to a computer club or something

>now

the show is praised,not the character

i don't get it why do people like this ugly bitch and fap to her so much ? her design is really ugly
also why do people always complain about the eyes in kanon and clannad but nobody shit on the eyes in haruhi ?

Stop lying
There's no cure for shit taste. Also they fixed the eyes in S2 and they weren't quite as bad as in Kanon in the first place.

Haruhi acts like a complete bitch. Simple as that.

I liked the show a lot but I hated Haruhi specifically.
Not even in a "she's a bad character" sense, just as an individual.

No season 3 ever, no new LN chapters. Good enough reason to hate something is if it never finishes. I still like it though.

Because Sup Forums is a halal board

/thread

I always hated this massively overrated piece of shit.

>The show is praised

Lol, no.

>now

Right? It's always been garbage

The same story as always. We hate it because we can.

Just wait and see if a new volume comes out though. Every other fag will sperg out for it. It would be even worse if we ever get a 3rd season. Nearly every other person here will watch it with gusto - myself, of course, included, since I really liked this franchise.

>/thread-ing your own post

College Haruhi when?

'Cause haruhi is a shit tier waifu

pretty much this
Haruhi is the only anime that I can think of besides Code Geass that can break the board if it came back.

This

Break it with people shitting on it, that's for sure.

All the cool kidz know you have to hate on series that are 5~15 years old to be cool.

So LN fags how would you rank the quailty of each book?

God tier
>Disappearance
>Dissociation
>Surprise
Great tier
>Intrigues
>Indignation
>Wavering
>Melancholy
>Snowy Mountain Syndrome
Good tier
>Rampage (except Snowy Mountain Syndrome)
>Sigh
Meh tier
>Boredom

At least she's being remembered daily. Sup Forums likes to say she's irrelevant, but there's literally a thread about her everyday.
Haruhi will never die.

Which Sup Forums are you talking about?

So just as I thought the anime covered mostly the weaker content. I wouldn't say Wavering is great though.

good:
>hot crazy eyes
bad
>crosses over to retarded crazy eyes

Wavering is great because we see a jealous Kyon over Yuki.

Watching the disappearence movie on a cold winter night is super comfy.

Oh right, I'm mixing up Wavering and Intrigues. The prologue where they deal with the aftermath of Disappearance is in Intrigues. Wavering has my favorite episode of the series (Live Alive) but it doesn't work as well in the book (no lyrics, not the same mood).
On the other hand Wavering still has Love at first sight (which is a great change after Disappearance) and the cliffhanger for Intrigues at the end, so I don't know anymore.

who?

>we
Who?

>Sup Forums is a hivemind
Fuck off retard.

Yeah I liked that one, but the chapter next to it was dull as hell, Mikuru one is alright

she broke our heart thats why

Any particular reason why the author went on hiatus?

I mean, unless you're dealing with some seriously illness (or anything alike) you would have to be very stupid to have written one of the most popular works of the early 2000s - and one that became considerably influential in the medium - to just go in hiatus like that.

He's lazy.

>一日の八割ぐらい麻雀のことを考えてるけど
His mind is preoccupied with mahjong

Wait he's not the one who said that

He's the only who said that in roundtable discussion that can be found in 涼宮ハルヒの観測

*only=one

It's always been pretentious shit, nothing less nothing more.

>pretentious
Opinion disregarded.

Literally nothing pretentious about it, sci-fi themes are an excuse to develop the characters.

Wait is this for real? Haruhi is stuck in mahjong limbo because Tanigawa thinks about mahjong 80% of the day?

holy shit

Haruhi is probably one of the least pretentious series around. It's actually a bit too humble for its own sake.

B A S S I S T
A
S
S
I
S
T

only redditors like haruhi

For 6 years? Why?
I mean, he had a goldmine right there. Why fuck things up?

Man, you can never trust the liberal arts people.

>muh redditors
You're fitting in well.
Oh wait, everyone knows Haruhi is a cornerstone of Sup Forums.

Time for someone to bet his blood and beat Tanigawa at Mahjong. That's how you get LN12 and season 3.

I mean he wrote Zetsuboukei which got released at the end of 2013 despite thinking about mahjong for 80% of the day. So maybe he's mind is preoccupied with mahjong 99% of the time.
He's also now selected as a judge for sneaker bunko's rookie writer competition

>Show attempts to be meta and smart but fails
>People try to defend it by saying it isn't pretentious
It's pretentious

>but fails
In what way? Citing specific examples.

How does it attempt to be meta and smart?
Give at least 3 examples.

It never broke the 4th wall, used overly complex imagery or tried to pass as something it wasn't. Haruhi is far from pretentious despite being smart in many ways.

Literally never reply to a post that uses the word "pretentious."
It will only ever result in you engaging in a frustrated shitposting match with an actual moron.

do not be so haram satan girl

I've never liked Haruhi. Even back then I thought it was generic uninspired LN garbage, and the fanbase on Sup Forums was largely made up of Gaiafags.

but you just said pretentious

The whole "parody of anime" deal that it has. Things like playing the transfer student straight, making Haruhi have nothing at all to do with any of the supernatural events, the kuudere is actually a robot, etc. Pointless additions that makes the series significantly more generic and bland as an attempt to be meta.

The movie episode is almost entirely a 4th wall break. There are plenty of moments of camera angles being incredibly strange camera shots throughout such as the image embedded.

>back then
Uh... did we get that many LN adaptations in 2006?

True, you know it's going to be retarded, but at least it might spawn some kind of discussion. Bullshit criticism like "haremshit" or "generic LN" can't

That's because it is.

Okay so... it plays the tropes straight, and that makes it pretentious?
Haruhi not being an active player, despite the reasons being clearly started at the beginning makes it generic?

You clearly never had an argument did you?

I mean, it's okay to say "I didn't like it", but when you come with pseudo-arguments like yours (in which you just dropped 2-3 buzzwords, not backing any of your statements by any facts whatsoever) you'll end up looking like an idiot.

Yes, but visual novel adaptations were more popular at the time with normalfag niwaka. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the same number of LN adaptations aired in Haruhi S1's season as this season right now.
Believe it or not some people even read LNs back then as well. I'm sure that's an unimaginable concept for you.

>The movie episode is almost entirely a 4th wall break
It's not. It's about people shooting a shitty amateur movie, and it did pretty damn well at that. There's irony in the fact that the movie dialogues directly reflect the real story of the anime but that's not 4th wall breaking or overly meta. It's also good.

>The whole "parody of anime" deal that it has
That's barely a thing and justified by the context. A lot of Haruhi is about Haruhi's delusions which would obviously include tropes and other fictional shit people dream about. And sure, Haruhi plays with these tropes like you said, but it does it well. Kuudere is a robot, which is why no one paid attention to her developing feelings which ended in disaster. The robot part laid the groundwork for her being able to grow as a person, almost a baby discovering life little by little. Mikuru is a shitty moeblob, but her future version knows a lot and the moeblob aspect seems just like a suspicious bait for Kyon. But it also works as a way to develop her character later and show that she's utterly helpless in her group, much unlike Koizumi and Nagato. It's not much, but she's the least interesting of the bunch. I can go on forever.

It's generic because it tries to play all of these things straight and then... that's it. It plays them straight and nothing happens with them, they just exist that way. They don't continue to play off the same ones to see what they can do differently with these tropes, they just have them in. It's like how Saekano is all "look at me and how meta I am" and then thinks it's ok to just do the thing it was meta about.

They don't. Haruhi also gets the best threads on Sup Forums consistently and usually they start by coming into a crappy hate thread and SOS Brigading it into fun. It will happen this time too but I'll be asleep for it. To live is to suffer.

Underrated post.

See my man, that can happen when you are writing because you want to, not because you have to. By which I mean that he wrote what he was interested in, when inspired to do something when he had ideas. As opposed to throwing out stuff to keep up with demand, on a schedule, pandering, and letting other people decide when and if to write more. All beauty must end, user-sama. Maybe he didn't have personal interest, doesn't know where to go with it, is afraid of tarnishing it by having a crappy ending (my guess is this one). Also I don't know how people don't get the fact that the story is pretty much complete as-is. It went 100% balls-to-the-wall, maxed out Haruhi insane meta shit (like being 1 book split into halves then merged back INTO 1). It shows the future and that plus earlier info tells you what the SOS Brigade will end up like in general terms and also what Haruhi and Kyon will do. I can't not spolier this because I will not be the criminal to ruin this, but Kyon ends up accidentally in bed with hervia hijinks and she just makes him turn around while she gets dressed, with no protest. Makes it very clear that their relationship is what we always figured it was and this plus some other things shows us a satisfying future. There are limitless seeds for future stories but it's by no means a cliffhanger or incomplete. Of course a lot of it is subtle and uncertain but welcome to Haruhi. No matter what else happens, there is almost no chance there will be an ending that is any less ambiguous. It will never be spelled out so while I would kill 100 innocent children for more Haruhi, there's no way there could be a finish to the series any more satisfying.

It's ok to be retarded, user.

That's what you say to people who think Haruhi is good.

>プロットはまだ送れてないですけど書いてはいるんですよ。書いてるんだけど、なんか途中で投げ出しちゃって・・・
>じゃあ今、口頭でいいます。
>●●が落ちてくるんです  ●●が落ちてきて、そんな感じです
But it's not good to tease fans that he has planned next novel and is in the process of writing it even going as far as to orally explain the plot to his editors and ito without releasing anything for 6 years

Yeah the last LN is pretty much "they all grew up and stuck together so everything will be ok". By all it's all, even Taniguchi and Kunikida. Hard to be more conclusive than that but still I wish we got another LN.

Other shows get way better threads than Haruhi. All Haruhi threads are garbage since they always die within a few replies or become political for some reason (I don't understand this at all).

Steins;Gate, Monogatari, etc. get significantly better threads full of people actually talking about those series.

>political
What

Also it depends, I remember some pretty good threads with meaningful discussion but it doesn't happen often.

>What
You tell me...
It only happens in the few that hit 150+ (so once every 2-3 months or so) but it pretty much always happens.
>but it doesn't happen often
Mostly my point. Most other shows have significantly better discussion while Haruhi threads are just sort of there and generally terrible.

Yeah, I couldn't really fathom why people liked her character at all in the first place...

Don't fucking kid yourself. Sup Forums learned what a LN WAS because of Haruhi. Especially you. Unless you're so new that they were commonly adapted by the time you got here. Which is clear.

There is a reason people universally blame Haruhi for being responsible for every other goddamn anime being a LN adaptation. Never forget: all LN adaptations are an attempt to create another Haruhi or something that was attempting to create another Haruhi ad infinitum. This is not an exaggeration.

But it IS meta as hell. Which is not a criticism and only faggots think it would be. Haruhi is an anime character who is aware of anime tropes (the very definition of "meta") and her mind makes them real. Then a large part of the series is what exactly would happen if those things were in fact real. If she knew it had happened, it would unravel. Anything else would have her reacting to a world with robot girls. The series knows that and expressly avoids it as the very premise.

There are endless examples of how all this plays out, literally nothing happens that isn't some result of her power, either directly or indirectly and that is the series. They make a kuudere into an actual robot and "do nothing with it"? Are you fucking high? The fact that she is an alien or robot...we never even really know which or what she is and that ambiguity itself is a theme with direct results. She may not even be physically present ffs. Do we need examples of ways Nagato's inhumanity drives plots or demonstrates concepts? You clearly saw like 5 minutes of the show or maybe none and are just a shitter who heard on Sup Forums that it might be a good target for mindless contrarianism. You have earned 0 credit.

Just sticking with Nagato alone, the easymode character for this, she does shit like get destroyed in a fight in an altered reality by another of her kind then resets reality. She makes a baseball bat into a homing beacon to appease a capricious god. She outspeeds lasers.

>he's never been on Sup Forums before
Somebody post the copypastas.

Don't worry user I still like it going to watch it again this December like I always do.

Because they're retarded user.

I can barely remember the last time I had meaningful discussion on Sup Forums, Haruhi or not. Just look at the shitty DBS/Boruto generals, Jesus. This board is a mess. Haruhi threads are pretty chill compared to the usual shitpost.

What? Isn't the meme newfag show of the season "sadistic xD". Haruhi is genki and would bully you and that isn't good? Newfriends are weird.

Wish I had capped some posts from the earlier threads.
At least I still have just_fuck_already.txt

Except I love her and her show

I still need just_fuck_already.txt, googling it never helps and I always forget to grab it when it shows up.

Perhaps a lot of cancerous anime club kiddies first found out about light novels because of Haruhi, but you have to understand Haruhi isn't the first popular light novel adaptation. In fact, there were other popular LN adaptations around the same time such as Shakugan no Shana Or FMP, but that's not important. What is important is every generation has one series that ends up being popular with retarded children then they think it's the only popular series that matters and nothing before it exists. Just today it's probably SAO, and for you it's Haruhi, for a lot of other people it was Slayers or Guin.
tl;dr
In short you're fucking stupid kill yourself

>things are objectively good or bad because I say so
It's ok to be retarded, user.

I thought it was more people's willingness to overlook whatever shit she did because she's cute.

Because too many lazy bums around here, not purging the heathens

>Unironically believes that Haruhifags are not newfags.

Haruhi was never good

As an EOP learning Japanese I bought the LNs and all but the first have arrived in the mail. I thought LNs were supposed to have more pictures from what I looked at?

Maybe cause is an old meme anime that is completely played out now.

This anime is kinda like evangelion.
Messed up episode orders, unexplained scribbles, one episode remade 9 times, other stuff. And people think "oh, there must be the dee(r)p meaning" "some major artistic shit is going on here about philosophy and religion, we are just not into haruhism enough to understand the genius of the animators".
Then people simply accepted is just another kyoani slice of life boring shit with nothing going on.

Should've been the default design for her