What makes a good CGDCT?

What makes a good CGDCT?

fanservice

How hard it makes my dick.

in before the discord arrives

It must be utterly boring, and nothing must ever happen.

Flat chests.

Yuri undertones and healing.

yuri is good for the soul

>likable main characters with personalities that are inviting yet not bland
>good chemistry between main characters
>fairly distributed screentime

the discord has arrived, they are peacefully biding their time, waiting to strike

The cute girls being lolis.

By doing everything that Gabriel DropOut did.
You essentially answered your own question in the OP

yuribait

Gabriel wasn't that good of a CGDCT, it was okay.

high quality lewd fan art

Raphiel torturing bakas was super cute

cute girls doing things in a cute way (the things they do can optionally be cute as well but is not necessary)

No males.
I'm surprised this has not been posted yer.

cute girls doing cute actuarial science when

Yes because that's just what Sup Forums needs, another boogeyman

I wonder who will be behind this thread's guaranteed hundreds of replies of shit

How cute the girls are, obviously.

can you guys see the world in anything but us vs them garbage and whataboutism

The things they do should be cute too, I think.

If I like it then is good, if I don't like it then is the worst anime ever made.

That's because it wasn't one, it was a comedy.
CGDCT are more calm shows like K-On or Non Non Biyori.

You're referring to SOL or Iyashikei, CGDCT got nothing to do with that.

No, it is exactly that.

CGDCT is a lot wider in its applications, it can refer to iyashikei, very comedic shows, or your classic SOL, etc.

Being genuinely cute through good characters that could work in any type of show instead of some boring "cute" template built to make otaku cream themselves. Shit like Kiniro Mosaic looks so cynically produced compared to shows like Hidamari or K-ON

Who changed the definition while I was gone? Nevertheless I will continue to use the correct one.

No one changed the definition, to begin with the term came from reddit because they were using it for any anime showing you the everyday life of a bunch of girls, the definition has always been that, it's been changed when the term started to be used on Sup Forums, now it basically has the same meaning as SOL.

CGDCT is about cute girls doing cute things.
Gabriel dropout is a CGDCT just like Tamayura is a CGDCT even though one is comedy and the other is iyashikei.

>the term came from reddit
The term has existed way longer than that website.

necessary scenes

Variety.

It became a lot more popular recently because of them, though. Just google CGDCT and you'll see why.
Interestingly enough, it was exactly around that time that threads for such shows became full of pseudo-intellectuals and retards who love arguing.

I don't know man I don't use reddit to know when these things became popular. I have liked CGDCT since forever.

I would say have a good comedy and never let a joke overstay its welcome.
Evenly distributed screen time between the girls and synergies between them would also be important. YuYr worked well in that regard.

except for the fact that these faggots have linked their discord several times before

No sexualizing of the girls.

As much sexualizing of the girls as possible to drive faggots like away.

Name 1 (one) CGDCT that does not sexualize the girls.

How erect my heartpenis gets.

vigne gives me a heartboner

This whole post is wrong and retarded and you should feel wrong and retarded

How developed the girls' personalities are and whether they don't fall into a general archetype or not.

Only light sexualization of the girls. It increase their cuteness.

Loli fanservice
Male lead with good personality
No yuri

gay

god, id pay her to let me do that in front of everyone.

>cute girls doing cute things
>male lead
I don't understand.

die fag

FAG

>no yuri in CGDCT

Why the hostility for a male lead, don't you guys want someone you can identify with?

boys aren't cute unless your a fagot

cute GIRLS doing cute things. I don't want men near my wifes.

Plenty of boys are cuter than their harem.

>CGDCT
Write the whole thing lazy faggot.

Yes but with a male lead it is not CGDCT anymore.
I have not seen a single anime with a male lead and lots of cute girls that doesn't turn into a harem romcom.

homo

I bet you use words like CIA and FBI.

Comedy and cute girls. Never actually having gay female romance. Yurifags ruin everything.

Love Lab S2 fucking when??

Very true. K-On did all three very well and it's probably the best CGDCT ever.

YURI
DORKS

Nani?

Good character chemistry and production values that provide for a warm, alive atmosphere. The worst thing a CGDCT can be is sterile.

Not soon enough. That show was pure magic. Unfortunately, Dogakobo lost their top tier animators and I don't expect anything else on that level any time soon.

K-On causes suicides.

I don't know but I don't want any more violence

Domestic violence is inherent in the lesbian nature.
If the anime has any yuri it's going to get violent.

Their production values vary. New Game S2 looked great but GabDrop and Umaru didn't.

They've all gone way downhill since Sansha Sanyou. That was the last thing they made with any good animation. GabDro had good art and character designs, but lacked the animation they used to have.

This applies to almost every kind of anime, to be fair.

>What makes a good CGDCT?
-boyfriends
-male characters
-heterosexual love
-realistic flaws
-interpersonal conflicts
-/u/ getting BTFO

Also, there's no such thing as "CGDCT." That's a made-up term by moefags to try to get people to stop using the term moe anime, even though that's what they say in Japan. Moe anime.

post vigne pls

Yuri. I wish gabdro had more blatant yuri. Only Vigne was pretty gay (dreaming of her female friend) and that wasn't enough.

>He can't self insert as a cute girl

for you, user

>Vigne
>Gay
Dumb yurifag.

Cute girls doing cute things has more sense than "moe anime" moe anime can mean whatever. Yaoi anime can be moe.

Oh fuck off with that shitty propaganda. Moefags kept trying to repeat that shit in the hopes that it would catch on, but it was never true. Moe does NOT mean "things you like." In Japan, moe anime is understood to refer to shitty four-girls series with cutesy stuff for otaku.

There is no CGDCT. It's moe anime. Fat Western pigs don't have the right to tell the Japanese they're wrong about their own terminology.

>Moe does NOT mean "things you like." In Japan
I didn't say that.
Moe is about what makes your heart race and that's how it's used in Japan and here. Only retards think moe means cute girls.

>good balance of comedy, comfy, and drama - the latter is particularly important to get right, since with too little you get "it's boring, nothing happens" and with too much the laid-back atmosphere gets broken.
>though it's practically a given, yuri undertones, ideally without girl/girl attraction being treated as anything unusual ("but we're/you're both girls" immediately breaks immersion into the idyllic world of CGDCT). Also by "yuri undertones" I mean real ones, not the kind you need weapons-grade yuri goggles to see.
>multi-dimensional characters, who are fleshed out and get development as the story continues; 1-dimensional characters who only exist for variations of the same gag and don't feel like real people are a common pitfall for the genre
>good chemistry between characters, both sexually and otherwise; the only meaningful relationships being between implied pairings is a mistake
>to this end, its important to have the right sized cast; 4-6 is the perfect range, and you have to be some sort of deity to have more and still succeed (e.g. Namori)
>light to heavy sexualization of the cast; the actual amount is largely irrelevant as long as there isn't none; no fanservice is like a meal with no spice.

trolled hard

The most important thing is comedy. So many new "cgdct" anime feel like forced iyashikei.

Just call it "kirara"

this is good for my mental health

Good post.
Obvious bait (even if the all-girl casts are "unrealistic", romance/relationship-focused anime is almost uniformly awful), but peer-aged male characters can occasionally work in kirara. See Love Lab or GJ-bu.

realistic girls, not some moeblobs
realistic personalities
realistic social issues
non-glorified fanservice
lots of character development
yuri overtones

pic related

Wow. I think your entire post is wrong.

that's because your a fag