So tell me Sup Forums how many of you guys actually know how to speak Japanese just curious that's all

so tell me Sup Forums how many of you guys actually know how to speak Japanese just curious that's all

I know Karate and a few other words

every site tries to teach me kanji when i just want to learn how to speak it so i just never attempted

I'm native level

I know how to say “o-oh” in japanese

二度とここで書き込むな

NANI?
MASAKA!!
H-HAYAI!!

同感します

see tae kims guide also

I feel most people around here could at least hold a basic conversation, even if they might struggle a bit with the vocabulary.

been doing some self studying for a while but I'm getting nowhere with kanji. Might need to pick up an actual book since studying online's clearly not effective for me.

Hahahahahaha
No, the retards who think they learned moon from watching anime can not hold anything resembling a conversation, nor can most of the floor shitters from /jp/.

>being illiterate

I'm two weeks away from my Japanese final in college. I know super ducking basics and need to study my vocab more. Might fail the class
(¯口¯)

>Wasting your time in college Japanese classes
>Not being far ahead of the coursework

Other way around. You probably pick up a good amount of words from watching but have difficulty with the grammar.

This is pretty much right. I picked up grammar from classes, vocab and listening from anime, kanji reading from doing manga TL with a lot of cross reference with jisho.org. Speaking comes from a bunch of practice which thankfully I can get through work

Any other anons taking the JLPT this Sunday? I'm kind of worried about the test time, anyone has taken it before?

Good luck memorizing the same onyomi a billion times in different words when you could just learn the goddamn kanji.

Been using Duolingo since ~July, 30 mins a day or so, I know some super basic Nip but it takes me forever since my memory is shit.

Yes, but no I haven't taken it before. I've heard to just bring a watch.

Oh neat thanks to the power of dekinai I can actually read everything here

>I know Karate
Me too - "divine wind"

>Knows Katakana
>Currently learning Hiragana
>Recognize around 80 or so Kanjis.
>Understands a bit spoken Japanese.
>No clue about grammar.

i know enough to order a beer and burger

>Katakana before Hiragana
I think you got the order reversed there, buddy.

I'm perverted not autistic.

I stayed in Japan for two weeks.

Legitimately all I ever said was "Ohayou", "Sumimasen", and once attempted to ask "Another coke please?" with mixed results.

I'm litteraly living in Japan, just know enough to have conversations with low IQ people, it doesn't feel good

sou desu ka?
hajimemashite
genki desu?
nani?
suki desu!

That's it

Just go out and talk to people. You'll make a fool of yourself from time to time but that's how you learn. Immersion is the way.