Honour

Are honour duels savage?
Should you be allowed to kill someone that disrespected you?

Pic related

Attached: jackson-portrait.jpg (1500x1125, 135K)

There would be less liberals in the world if duels were brought back and that's a good thing.

If the other party consents, yes.
The common law understanding of assault was far more based. There was no crime in a consensual fight.

Attached: 1518351732074.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Most of honor duels weren't fought to death, only to first blood. Their point wasn't to murder your insulter, it was to proof that you are ready to defend your honor in a potentially life threathning situation. That''s what they often were, men just shooting towards each other to make a point instead of trying to really kill each other.

That's true among the old norse, not in modern duels

Yeah honor duels are pretty barbaric, it's basically just someone killing someone else because they disagree or disrespected each other

This is dumb, all the pro-gun people would die over something stupid.

Honor ... something that isn’t respected anymore in our society since there is no repercussion to breaking your word or jewing someone else.
Honor duels should have evolved but it never did. People are not held accountable for anything. This encourages people to say shit without thinking. A

>challenge to a duel for sake of honor
>both meet
>secretly agree to fire shots in the air during the duel
>both preserve their honor
>bond formed and potential networking asset created

If you're challenging someone to a duel just to kill them you're a retard and a nigger.

It would make for a more polite society, one where you wouldn't go running your mouth on your fellow man and would actually respect those with dissenting opinions. They need to be brought back. Talk shit, get hit. It's simple.

You should be allowed to do it if both parties consent to duel.

This won't work with modern rifles unless you make the engagement range > 300 yards.
All those paces would be quite anti-climactic.

Attached: Not drill.jpg (360x360, 14K)

>Yeah honor duels are pretty barbaric
Nah, they're not. You're just calling them barbaric because you're scared, and I can smell it.

That's why you don't duel with rifles you dunce.

Good point.

Still going to need a lot more then 10 paces.

If sword duels were legalized I would consider my life complete and fulfilled. I would be so happy.

Attached: 1513028488-1294505982-18-14-3.jpg (600x498, 37K)

That don't mean Jack, son.

(see what I did there?)

This would end trifle shit with fags in a very quick and simple way

Not really. The duel challenge is only effective if your opponent is afraid of bringing dishonor to himself by refusing to fight. But fags have no honor! It would go just like
>I challenge you, vile rascal! Draw steel!
>pfft nope!
>fag walks away

Not really. There are still revolvers today.

Then we shame them as the cowards they are until proved otherwise, i miss the simpler times

>Should you be allowed to kill someone that disrespected you?
Only if both parties agree on a duel.

Like they give a shit. An accusation of cowardice basically means that the accused lacks masculine qualities, that he's not man enough, that he's weak. Whereas lefties and fags are not afraid of looking weak, it's actually their strength because they then can whine more. Look at them parading their weaknesses around:
>waaa we are so oppressed
>waaaa ebil white men hurt us
>waa I am disabled, have social anxiety, PTSD, OCD and AC/DC
The weaker they are, the stronger they are! This is truly an age of madness.