Pre-2000s Sup Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watching/reading recently, and what you think, etc.

A coworker loaned me his Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso DVDs so I downloaded the BDs and I've been watching that. It's great but I didn't realize it would be a sad episode until the death flags got overwhelming so I googled the show and put it off until work got less stressful.

I'm really enjoying it because I'm on a fine arts kick lately and I want to get more into music.

I literally didn't realize this was pre-2000s anime only but I'm too lazy to delete my previous post, but I'm planning to rewatch Cardcaptor Sakura soon, it's my favorite mahou shoujo of ALL TIME.

I feel like I've seen this exact post before.

It's quite literally the first time I've made such a post.

Although about 30% of my personality is based on the Sup Forums gestalt, so it's possible someone else had the same experience as mine.

I started Gundam 1979 today. I don't know if I'm going down a rabbit hole here or not but the animation really doesn't fit the writing.

Why would I watch old ass shit when I can watch superior modern anime?

because I want to.

Nice bait.

As for me, I've been watching Tokimeki Tonight.

What did Sup Forums think of Beautiful Dreamer?

>tfw already watched all the good anime in the world

Just getting some Dagumi in.

>watching the upscaled eye cancer "BD" version

I'm a masochist, user.

until late november i had no idea this was subbed fully despite the meme op being popular

I like the ED more than the OP.

Do tell

learn nip or try something else for a while, after around 600 I had to stop watching seasonals for a while

pro tip: musashi gundoh is the greatest anime of all time

great kentaro haneda OST for this one

The original 1976 Gaiking was fully uploaded on KissAnime so I have been marathoning it all week with only 4 eps left. Very entertaining but man the villains undermine their own goals

>out planet is about to be sucked into a black hole in the next 150 days
>instead of just evacuating everyone to a planet we've known about for a million years now (Earth) lets attempt a nuclear apocalypse, let killer amoebas run loose, and turn a perfectly fine planet into an unusable toxic gas hellscape

Then watch mediocre but experimental shit. Heck, you might even want to watch a bad one just for kicks.
Why not both?

Good movie but the degree to which I hate the cast of Urusei Yatsura really held it back. Would have been better if it wasn't a UY movie.

What release should I get for Initial D? I get confused due to the different Stages.

I do a Dual! Marathon once every few months, and this is the time. I don't dislike Tenchi, but it saddens me that it overshadows Dual! greatness so much.
My next one to watch is probably Vs Knight Lamune & 40 Fire.

I finished Gunsmith Cats a week or so ago and enjoyed it immensely.
It did a fantastic job of emulating the 80's-90's American generic-urban cop aesthetic that I grew up with and with how quality it was I'm surprised it didn't catch on or get more episodes.
Also the dub was pretty fuckin' good all things considered.

Recently finished Gundam ZZ and war in the pocket. Gonna move on to whatever the next UC thing is.