Top 10 Oricon Best Selling Series 2017

It's time.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-20/shonen-sunday-new-editor-in-chief-promises-changes/.91924
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-19/shinobu-ohtaka-magi-fantasy-manga-enters-final-arc/.93152
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2015/.95913
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2015/.95915
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2016/.109352
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.109353
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best selling series by volume.

Top 30 should be out later.

Nevermind, no top 11-30 for series and no top 51-100 for volumes. What we got is all there is. SAD.

Based Shueisha.

Shueisha murdering everyone nothing to see here

Based Togaahi

Conan still selling, I wonder if it’ll skyrocket back up when the ending is announced in a decade.

Magi is the only thing from Shogakukan in the top ten, yet they most likely cancelled it.

what's the scene like in France?

>they most likely cancelled it.
No, Ohtaka was a hack. The last arc was shit.

Good for Kingdom. Well-deserved sales.

>my hero academia
F-flop?

seven deadly sins is better than many series on that list
get off the board if you aren't posting in the threads

Please no, we don't want more potential Escanorshitters.

Dude calm down, I said "most likely" not definitely. Just like you I have no way of knowing for sure but there is reason to believe that might be the case.

I almost never see gaijin or moonlanders talking about Kingdom on the net. Must be some sort of circlejerk that probably don't know much about other series.

Is BnHA is the only series that season 2 did better than season 1?

That's why you should never respond to shitposters who keeps spouting that nonsense,user.
I'm guessing it's because it's a little harder to get into, not to mention that historical Chinese drama is already a niche genre for a manga.

How can Cock Lover compete?

Around when the Kingdom anime first aired, the Kingdom manga used to get threads that would commonly reach bump limit.

Interest died down completely on here since then though.

>22nd best volume sale of the year
wow what a fucking triumph, next big thing confirmed

I think you mean Black Clover

>there is reason to believe that might be the case.
Not really when it was their best seller as you said. You are just sad because the last arc was trash.

Yes really
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-20/shonen-sunday-new-editor-in-chief-promises-changes/.91924
>Ichihara considers fostering the talent of new manga artists the magazine's biggest priority. Weekly Shonen Sunday, as well as Shōnen Sunday Super, will remove some of the currently-serialized manga to make way for a succession of new faces.
>2015-08-21

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-19/shinobu-ohtaka-magi-fantasy-manga-enters-final-arc/.93152
>2015-09-19

Also I don't find the final arc trash, that seems to be more a problem on your end.

>2015: they'll cancel some series
>2.5 years later Magi ends
Magi didn't get cancelled user. The fighting in the end was just rushed but the plot ended just like Ohtaka planned and it made sense. The final arc wasn't bad (I'm not that user)

>drop from first to second place 5 mil.
>drop from second to tenth place 4 mil
Sasuga Oda.

Nice, Magi in top 10. Maybe this will prompt them into reviving the anime but probably not

Again >I said "most likely" not definitely. Just like you I have no way of knowing for sure but there is reason to believe that might be the case.

What are you talking about? One Piece didn't drop

>reading comprehension

Good, unless it's by Lay-duce I don't want another Magi anime.

A-1 got the Jew nose right at least

Lol that shit sales not big shonen at all

Wait when first 2 cour finish if not have big boost we can lough

Its flop if you can not sale 1million per vol for next big shonen

OPM is doing well is see.

>Black Cocklovers are ESL spiccs
Why am I not surprised?

He's being sarcastic

And ew aren't even in the MA raid arc yet.

Just like what I said the one you saying is Black Clover

it's the same guy

7 shuheisha
2 kodansha
1 shogakuan

When do we get the rest?

Never. Oricon wants to monetize the other rankings and will sell them in a book for $300.

This can't be real

>Is BnHA is the only series that season 2 did better than season 1?
No.
The big boost was when the anime first appeared. Season 2 got a moderate boost:

2015 (no anime): 2,190,845
2016 (anime): 5,114,916
2017 (season 2): 5,852,310

The same with sales by volume:

2015:
There aren't any volume in the list of the best 100

2016:
My Hero Academia 7 (date of release 2016/2): 650,533
My Hero Academia 8 (2016/4): 616,523
My Hero Academia 9 (2016/6): 584,647

2017:
My Hero Academia 12 (2017/2): 744,085
My Hero Academia 13 (2017/4): 692,076
My Hero Academia 14 (2017/6): 673,359

So, season 2 got that My Hero Academia sold around 100,000 copies more by volume

It is.
>Perhaps come in march/avril in Oricon Book (out each year) but this year in oricon site for member (need to pay for be member) (not www.oricon.co.jp) they are only top 10 and top 50.
>Last year was top 30 and top 100, but i check archive and even now for 2016 they are only top 10 and top 50.
>Perhaps Oricon keep top 30 and top 100 for guy buy book.
>For 2016 year, its this book (out 29/03/2017). Price : 32 400 yens.

Forget to put the sources:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2015/.95913
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2015/.95915
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2016/.109352
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.109353

ok

>OPM volumes sell better than BNH's even tho BNH sells were on anime boost
Based muraCHAD and ONECHAD are still Killing the Virgin hori.
Truly the superior super heroes manga

LN sales

How did re zero sell that much despite the anime boost being in 2016?

your bait is horrible, MHA is fucking ahead of OPM this year, you fucking retard, kill yourself

>Literally mentioned the word "volumes"
>Haha worst bait XD
kill yourself

>Eromanga trash selling this much

yeah and? mha is way above OPM still in the ranking, kill yourself you retarded nigger

>Yeah and?
It approves how much superior OPM to the shitty bnh

Why is Haikyuu lower than BNHA despite selling more? Did the newer vol come out later than bnha?

No way they cancelled their best selling manga lul.
In Japan there were rumours she got pregnant so she rushed ending a bit and even if not she made it clear in one of the interviews it'll be around 40 volumes.

MHA is ahead because it released 5 volumes retard. That list only counts 3 OPM volumes. Fucking kek.

Magi did incredible. Last time it had an anime was in 2014. Yet it got 20 th place in 2015, 20th place in 2016 and fucking 10th place in 2017.

BnHA is higher because of backlog sales thanks to anime.

>tokyo ghoul REEEEEEEEEE
>People still reading this shit

Souma might be low on the rankings, but if it's the 9th best selling manga in 2017 then there's no way it'll be canned.

>Shingeki No Kyojin
Kek, what happened?

It's still the same second place as ever?

Don't forget that BNH had an anime boost

MHA vol sales more shit

You mean the backlog

HxH is a juggernaut, I bet Jump wishes Togashi would get off his ass.

It's their only other series besides One Piece that still sells over 1 million copies. Probably the main reason why it didn't get axed like Bleach.

Not them but are you dumb? What that user was saying is that OPM sells more per volume than MHA does, which is clearly true.

>tokyo ghoul is the worst it's been since it started
>individual volumes sell over 900k
It's so strange. How can it still gather this amount of attention. What possible reason can so many people have to keep actually buying it. I only read it because it's free

What do you mean? It's selling like hot cakes as usual.

Holy shit BNHA is in the top 5, amazing sales for it, fuck the haters, BTFO.

Still shit sales

Of course not. There are still so many things to be covered in the manga story wise. Also, it actually move up from 10th to 9th despite generally lower sales, so I guess you could say that a generally successful year for Souma

So what's your basis for that?

It's all relative. 5th position is what matters.

It's actually 4th

It's only in top 5 because of backlog sales. If you just add up the sales of its volumes this year, it would be lower.

Shitposting purposes aside I think I would like to see just volumes sales this year

But per vol sales still shit as usual

There you go

and still no Konosuba S3 announcement

Yeah but each series combined. Not just single volumes.

If you just count volumes released in 2017 SnK would lose 1.7 million sales.

That's stupid tho

Same with every manga who have backlog sales

The point its not valid top 5 without backlog sales

just add them up lol. It isn't rocket science. All the MHA volumes that came out this year are in that list.

Snk silently doing its thing. It is not the big popular/hype series that it use to be, but I'm ok with that.

Its manga sales that sell in 2017 if you not include backlog sales in top 10 that stupid move

Because we are nazi in world war 2

Lol next big shonen but cant crack 1millon per vol

So it's of For Snk but no for Bnha?

At this point, nothing new can.

But I thought that Black Clover