Devilman Crybaby Thread

Is Sup Forums ready for the best show of 2018, and every following year after?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4LjvxtFieE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

QUALITY ears

What's with that caption?

Stop making generals, you fucking retards.

What's a general?

>tfw you can feel the incoming dare da dare da spam incoming

If this was to become spam, it would be pretty harmless.

If this is a Devilman thread how does Devilman AMON mesh with Devilman Demon Knight?

Or are they different turns on the wheel of Satan suffering?

What's the deal with Devilman Saga? Does it actually conclude anything? The scans stopped pretty early on.

How will Miki die in this one?

Same as always?

If it's Yuasa directing, i can't see it ending in any other way other than Devilman and Satan fucking each other's brains out.

I'm betting on, raped to death by the mob.

Or she turns into a devilbeast, slaughters the mob and Akira needs to put her down.

What if the take inspiration from Devilman Grimore and have Miki transform into another Devilman? Then there could be a intersex threesome being streamed across Netflixs.

>shitty fujobait
>best show of 2018
Well memed.

>implying a fujo show wasn't AOTY for the last two years running

Yuasa's main themes are transcending your inner limitations, opening up to the world and love having no bounds and limitations so a demonic orgy actually sounds like a cool way to end this all.

I'm sorry, but if you take out every single fujo show, there will be nothing left apart from CGDCT and female idolshit.

Don't call it fujo. Even if you're memeing, it's painful.

It looks sick as fuck. Does anyone know what kind of budget Netflix gave Yuasa?

What do you mean by 'sick'?

I hope they deliver on the futa spectrum in Crybaby.

>What do you mean by 'sick'?
Are you a grandma or something?

Ryo looks like Dylan Roof is all

>grandma
Sometimes I feel like one.

You know. Sweet. Phat. Bad.

I can't wait for the inevitable disappointment when it doesn't live up to the source material.

Jokes on you, I'll never read the source material. I'm just here for Yuasa.

They'd have to really skimp on the budget to match Go Nagai's facial expressions.

Why did shading have to die?

Ping Pong was just as good, if not better than the source material though.

But Yuasa already did Kemonozume, and that wasn't as good.

Devilman is just a repeat of Kemonozume.

Kemonozume was great though.

>They'd have to really skimp on the budget
They're already doing that. Just look at how flat the anime looks like.

But part of the reason people are so hyped is because its Yuasa. Even if the Devilman aspect disappoints the long time fans, the anime should still stand on its own two feet and be amazing just like most other shows created by Yuasa.

Go Nagi writes shit, has gore, screaming and hem angels. Repeats for 50 years.

Devilman has been firmly anchored in the minds of the nips for 40 years. It will be hard for Yuasa to top that. Cap this post and don't come back crying when Yuasa fucks it all up.

>muh gore
sjw manbaby detected

It's going to be AOTY.

I know this is spoon-feeding but does anyone know a manga scan site which has Devilman Grimore beyond chapter 3? Or even raws?

Or is it a dead series?

It's just the same shit over and over again, with every version claiming that's the end or will reveal the truth only to repeat. Which is just how God wants it in the series, but makes for a crap franchise.

Kemonozume is top-tier, pleb.

>It's just the same shit over and over again
pretty much how yuasa operates

I don't know if it will live up to the source material, but I think it has a very good chance of being the best Devilman anime at least

Tell me how Kick-heart and Kemonozume are similar, other than excellent animation.

Looked it up, it is just Devilman but happier.

Yuasa does the same crap over and over again. He's overrated.

>This air in netflix
Will normalfags consume it or it'll turn them off?

>but I think it has a very good chance of being the best Devilman anime at least
How can you say that when the OVAs exist?

You look smarter by saying nothing than proving that you're an idiot.

If you think Devilman and Devilman Lady are the same thing, you're retarded.

You missed

I watched these as a kid it fucked me up an made me goth. Thanks Devil man.

One involves lots of rape and a rushed ending which leads to nothing.

That's the dumbest post I've ever read.

Devilman Crybaby is looking to be the ugliest Go Nagai adaptation I've ever seen. I would understand if they were aiming for Nagai's early rough drawings which would lend itself very well to animation, but nope, they just went with generic character designs with zero shading. It looks bad.

I knew that attaching Yuasa to a Nagai project would bring a lot of normies who would just unironically claim that it's the best thing ever just because it's Yuasa. Other character designers have done far better in updating the designs without messing up the Go Nagai look.

I'm guessing this has something to do with netflix wanting to make it accessible for the normies. Oh no, we can't have them looking at weird and old retro Nagai designs.

If they needed a tip on how to update Nagai's old designs without losing their charm, they could have just looked at past adaptations like Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera.

Will the ending be put to film?

That is the important part.

Funny, but too long for bait.

>best show of 2018
I'm very hyped and I'm sure it's going to be great!

>muh shading
You fags don't know shit about animation or design.

>whenever kyoani isn't being mentioned in a thread, all of the other posters should be asking, "what about violet evergarden?"

I'm saying that other studios have done a better job in updating Nagai's retro designs without completely shitting on them.

Here you go, OP. Violet Evergarden isn't called Devilman Crybaby and you misclicked your image. How embarrassing.

The anime will be set in the modern day and the designs are modernized to reflect that.

So are all the Devilman series related to each other?

>set in modern day
Remind me how that went down in the Parasyte anime again.

>designs are modernised
Like I said, other studios already did a better job at that. Just an example, the miki in crybaby is unrecognisable. Meanwhile the one in the crossover pic related is updated but still keep her key features like her yellow headband.

Manga yes, anime no.

Parasyte was AOTY

Go Nagai is shit tier and for fucking Mexicans

Go Nagai is God and you’re just a triggered spic. Fuck off spic.

>jojo posting faggot thinks he has any right to speak Nagai
Kill yourself.

>better than Ping Pong

Reminder if you like jojo you are a literal brainlet

It's a military rank.

Still better than Americans.

Even if this adaptation is shit, I hope Devilman never becomes the cancer that is the JoJo fanbase.

>file deleted
Serves you right, Yuasafag.

Devilman fanbase is already literally Tumblr, fujos and aspies

yes, and?

Mods are fags suprising no one

>spics aren't Americans
Take a geography class, Pablo.

>flash garbage
Almost as bad as 3DCG shit

>most will just watch it because muh yuasa

Fucking Ryo.

yuasa is a overrated hack, ping pong proved he was completly out of his depth

why hasn't anyone posted the new PV yet?
I don't know how you guys can't be hyped after watching this.
youtube.com/watch?v=g4LjvxtFieE

I know this is bait, but I will reply to it regardless.

Looks like shit. Hopefully that faggot otaking will shit all over it.

>otaking
Literally who?

ping ping was so bad

Stop replying to yourself

it's not bait, the anime is inferior to the manga

yuasa's original stories are all bad with their only positives being unique trippy visuals

his "best" work tatami galaxy again like ping pong owes it's greatness to the original work, this time yuasa made half the anime a repeititve slog which didn't exist in the novel

>being this new

He is a moron but yuasafags deserve his wrath.

>the anime is inferior to the manga
It's actually not though, the adaption is essentially 1:1 to the manga, PLUS added character development for Kong, Butterfly Joe, and Dragon. Everything else is exactly the same, Yuasa just added more about the side characters stories to create a more cohesive story.
Maybe you should actually read the manga before you make a statement like this with nothing to back it up.

>being this new
Stop talking about e-celebs as if people on Sup Forums should know who they are. Honestly, kill yourself.

i read the manga years before the anime, the paneling far exceeds any of his awful directing and animation

the anime is worse than the manga and the film

Diebuster vs Otaking, these threads will be a shitshow.

again
>being this new

the guy namedfagged here and shitposted on Sup Forums many years ago, it's impossible to not know who he is if you aren't new

>paneling
Nice false equivalency. I hope you know anime and manga are two entirely different mediums, and tell stories in a completely different manner.
In fact, many of the 'panels' a literally repeated in the anime itself, but maybe you didn't remember that either?

>Sup Forums
Holy shit please fuck off.

fuck i meant /m/

you don't need to care about the faggot to know who he is, just like everyone knew who lancedjack and taiga were even if they were literal cancer

>In fact, many of the 'panels' a literally repeated in the anime itself

That's why the anime was bad and why he is a complete hack. It degraded the scenes with panel by panel adaption and his unique part were also bad. The only real thing you could argue was good was the added development.

>the anime was bad because he made an artistic choice to pay homage to Taiyo Matsumoto
Please tell me you're joking. The anime was good, easily one of the best of this decade.