mochiron

>implying anybody can learn japanese

Dostedt

Chottoe daki hanase ru.

Atleast I know english.

zenzen wakarimasu

so des car

No you dotn

I learned Hiragana, Katakana some Kanji and basic vocabs by myself but kinda gave up when I realized trying to brute force learn a language like Japanese is impossible and I won't get anywhere without taking proper lessons.

shogun eye wun eye

japanese is known to be the hardest language for native english speakers so not speaking it would actually make it easier to learn it

wow, pleb

>All these years spent on Sup Forums could've been used learning Japanese

>live in Japan
>still don't know Japanese

>wasted years not learning Japanese
>started studying seriously six months ago and have made huge progress
All those years of watching anime actually helps.
がんばってください

I'm pretty sure there's another one of these edits that says "you don't even know English yet you want to learn another language?"

Care to post it?

I know a few phrases from anime.

Does you knows English?

I'm gonna try and learn it now that I am on vacations, but I doubt 3 months is enough.

I know hiragana, katakana and some Kanji from using ankidroid from time to time.

I get a funny feeling in my stomach when someone posts artwork with some hiragana on the side and I understand what it says.

Depends on how much time you put in.
An hour or two every day? Maybe? Depends on how good at learning you are and if you have a person to explain things to you.
Anything less than that? Nah.

HINJAKU

That's because you're newfags.

I'm too busy learning Latin to read actually good literature where good wording matters.

Every single piece of Latin literature has been translation to a first world language already.

That's cool but you can't talk to anyone.

I know that keikaku means just as plan.

もちろん!

>I'm too busy learning Latin
Look kiddo, imagoing to tell you a secret.

You could learn spanish, italian, portuguese, french or rumanian because they are are all romance and even if you don't understand them 100% you could in a few days if you knew 1 lang.

I know spanish and had conversations with italians and brazilians.

trust me.

Ever Latin speaker I've known has said no translation captures the Beauty of the original writings of St. Augustine and the like.

I already know the Lingua Franca but that is interesting

Go study your cards, user.

B-but I already did

Learned it from pic related

My cards are in German.
Just kidding, I was too lazy to make any.

Way ahead of you.

Why isn't this in /djt/ resources list?

>had conversations with italians and brazilians.
What a horrifying thought

Excellent work. I'll be seeing you soon.

I spent almost a decade on Sup Forums not watching anime.

>Watarkshee tempo high kin nigh nang eye tokey
Doesn't even fucking sound like Japanese.

This seems to be a really nice book for pronunciation. Do you have a source?

I'm too lazy to actually put any type of effort in learning such a "complex" and indirect language, but on the bright side I already know two languages; Spanish and English.
I can't speak neither of them perfectly, or even correctly at times, but that's just because I'm a massive idiot.

>Took japanese classes for 3 years
>One day decided to go the /djt/ thread
>Realize that I could have learned in one year and half by myself what I had learned in 3 years
>See anons that started one year or even months ago be much better than me
>Get frustrated and stop studying
I should try again from scratch one of these days.

yeah man I struck autist gold with language skills and chose to learn Japanese. In the time it took I probably could have learned like 3 normal fucking languages but I'm too far down this rabbit hole to switch at this point.

It's not all that bad though I can read my doujins without having to wait for english translations so it's all worth in the end

Kumbawa

KONO BANGUMI WA

>Walk-arimasen

Sasuga user-dono (°^°)7

Comedy gold

>He fell for it
Nice dubs

I uh lost mine can you upload yours?

My Japanese is decent. Taking the JLPT tomorrow actually.

>know basic Jap letters
>still don't know what the Romanji version means

Why are you taking it?

おfこうrせ

Everything will be Die job

スミマセンオレノニホンゴハゼンゼンシラナイノデス。

Monko hoshi

Are classes really that shitty?

I just want N2 for my resume

white pig cant into superior japanese language folded over one thousand times 

How is N2 perceived versus N1?

Cool, I'm about the same level and just haven't bothered because the nearest testing site is a few hours away and it doesn't have any relevance to my career.

You don't really need romaji unless you want to look like a weeb on the internet.

It's interesting how that's harder to read than if it were in kanji.

they're the best way to hinder your learning

>Yachts
>Cocoanuts
>Toe
This is fantastic.

N2 is a pretty standard requirement for a decent job in Japan. N1 looks nicer on an application, but it's a lot harder to get. N1 is standard for admission to graduate programs in Japan.

Yeah I was in the same boat until this year since a new location opened like 45 mins away. I'm going for a masters in sociolinguistics with an emphasis on east asian languages.

If you are an oldfag you have been watching it for years and should understand at least 75% of a raw.

Good luck!

Hey I started 6-ish months ago also and I feel like I've made no progress whatsoever. It really hurts finding all these shows I want to watch and manga I want to read but not being able to understand them.

ill be on a sub for 3 months at a time with no contact with the outside world, so im thinking thatll be a good use of my time.

I haven't touched this in 6 months. Is it better to start over or I should just continue?

So how are we getting along with hearing/seeing our studied vocabulary and grammar come to life in what we watch? Feels encouraging, right? Personally, it keeps me motivated to remain on an honest pace towards fluency one day.

What's so bad about them?

Im taking it right now.

She's waiting for you user, you won't stop studying for her sake, right?

the whole point of the cards is making you remember them so continue

The best thing about it is that you have an actual teacher to solve any doubt you might have and pronunciation practice, but you usually could progress much faster by yourself.

Thanks!

I only know enough of every language to not die in said country.
How to ask for Water, Food and Toilet.

>cheese eye
>stoats
>meats
>cocoanuts
>moose me
>baby san
>die job
>okee
>meeds motty koy
>jiggy jiggy fooney high kin serampan nai rosokoo doko?
>nanny tokey arimas?
>eel oh
>atsie sammy eel oh piggy nigh?
My sides are fucking destroyed.

We may be at the same level but might have different impressions. I can understand a lot more dialogue now; some episodes I can watch raw. I still struggle with reading though as I don't know all that many kanji. With furigana I can do ok on simpler SOL manga. What are you struggling with?

nezumi!

Say it in pashto

classes lead to you distance yourself from actual content which is the most counter productive thing you can do
people learn languages from scratch in the span of a year if they just move in to where it's spoken, no writing included in this case of course

Something like 'Lage Uba Rakaa'
Should be give Water (Uba)
I'd just switch Uba for Food/Toilet.

I didn't say I speak well or correctly, but I think they'd get it.

hai desu

This, and also you end up speaking like a retard.

In the VN the protagonist actually studies for 7 years in order to save her so I guess it'll be a perfect moment to feel your studies pay off.

That said, what made Monobeno such a challenging read is the sheer length of it, the sudden difficulty spike when it delves into the more spiritualist aspects of the lore and when every other character speaks in a obscure rural dialect.

Vocabulary, mainly. All it takes for my brain to shit itself and not understand a sentence at all is 1 unknown word. I feel like I should be able to guess the meanings of words I come across by the Kanji but I'm as of yet unable to do so. It's quite frustrating. I wonder how many more mined words I'll need in order to that for most kanji compounds.

Classes are generally shitty, but in my case it kinda wasn't bad. Took a class just for one semester and had a blast learning more from the students who already knew the language and were just taking it for easy credits. I'd say classes are somewhat useful for speaking and listening, which is not what most anons need when they just want to read their mangos/vns/lns.

I started a few months ago using Memrise and reading Minna no Nihongo and Tae Kim. I have to find a guide for Ankidroid, I've no clue how to create decks.

Somewhat

*wakarimasen

>complexposting on Sup Forums
ZE threads on Sup Forums were the last fun things on that accursed board

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Isn't 全然分かる correct as well?

I'm pretty sure 全然 has to go with a verb with negative conjugation but maybe that's just a strict overly formal line of thinking