What is the WORST case of censorship in anime?

What is the WORST case of censorship in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g1M1nuqW6WQ
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_modified_card_artworks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

your mum

fuck you, don't ever reply to my thread again.

4kidz dub of one piece, probably. None of it needed to be censored and they did the worst fucking job of it I've ever seen.

As far as censoring actual gore and the like... Terra Formars, maybe? Though it's complete trash anyway, so no big loss.

>mentioning one piece
>not posting the thingamajig

God damn that anime was shit other than the last episode. What the fuck were they thinking?

Vampire Knight

Even if you made every facepalm-worthy censorship moment in that dub a 160x90 pixel screenshot for ants, the picture would exceed the maximum filesize Sup Forums allows you to upload. There are entire websites dedicated to the absurdity of the edits.

Hell, they edit out CRUCIAL PARTS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT because it's "too violent". Fuck Zoro, amirite? :|

>amirite? :|
>>>/gaia/

Lurk a few years before posting.

3 words
jelly filled donut

>gaia
Does that place even exist anymore?

I was posting on [a/ for a year or two before the /jp/ split. Calm your tits.

You should lurk more.

Well lately we have the black balls from Terraformars and the fucking complete black scene from tokyo ghoul

And yet you're still emotionally invested in a shitty shounen.
Maybe you should try killing yourself?

Wanting to know how a story finishes is grounds for killing oneself? You really set the bar low for suicide. Trying to convince yourself to do it?

When females lack nipples.

I have an issue with the "hair strands glued to a girls nipples"
I would always prefer them to just not have a pseudo nudity scene if they're not going to show actual nudity.

>Fog blocking all the good bits
Gotta get them bluray sales somehow, breh.

but they didn't censor it.

someone post that scene from UQ holder

The German Dragonball dub is so fucking horrible. They censored out so fucking much just to be able to show it with other cartoons for children. Blood is either completely removed or recolored to "sweat" and nobody gets killed, they get "defeated" and any scene showing someone get killed just gets completely cut out.
Also the voice acting is complete shit. Like if they took some kids with zero experience right from the street and told them to read text from a paper and then edited that shit in.

They did the same to Naruto. The people in charge of German TV stations don't understand the difference between children's cartoons and anime.

Pupa was fucking shit

In North America, whenever they would say they were going to kill someone, they'd instead say "I will send you TO THE OTHER WORLD!" or "THE OTHER SIDE" or some shit like that.

The anime streaming service Crunchyroll often uses black areas to censor out items. This item is from the Terra Formars anime series.

CR didn't add the censor, bud. It aired like that in Japan.

wasn't that in the raws as well, due to the channels the show aired on in Japan?

All of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=g1M1nuqW6WQ

Appalling.

That's because you watched the DVD rip.

Nippleless boobies.
Ruined countless and is still going.

That one hot springs episode of Outlaw Star that never even aired in the dub.

>this was over three years ago
I remember the edits like it was yesterday.

It was ‘next dimension’ and that only happened for the first 50 or so episodes.

There were two major dubs in NA. I grew up with the Canadian one, so that might be the difference.

That scene is boner fluid.

did the bluray version of this show tits?

i would rather suck her cunt

Probably not.

Did she deserved it or was it just edgy violence?

TV version of Queen's blade, where only Cattleya tits are censored, for reasons.

l-lewd

But this stupid duck is way more iconic than anything else in that show

>I remember the edits like it was yesterday.
Some wag edited and replaced the black spots with basketballs.

piece of shit looks like a south park prop

ImoCho, there're too many holy rays of light and annoying icons, totally ruined.

she was a villain, but her end was certainly over the top. Her twin sister had a similar fate. I'm not sure who had it worse.

The Naruto dub is even worse. Nobody is ever killed over there, they are "defeated" or "abducted". When they talk about Itachi for example, they refer to him as "the monster who abducted his entire clan". I'm not even joking
Another example I remember was from a shitty filler episode where a dude was sentenced to be publicly beheaded by an executioner. In the dub they constantly said "take him to prison", even when the executioner lifts his big fucking sword to do the deed.

>being american

This was so weird after the first 8 episodes.

Anime are children's cartoons

Why?

The earliest English DBZ dubs were a bit like that, too. Even when people are obviously getting killed by energy blasts they're just being "sent to another dimension". Though they at least showed it.

Freedom.

Kek I know what you mean. They're censoring anime to the point where it doesn't even make any sense anymore. I remember some battle where the whole latter half was cut because someone was severely hurt and then killed and then everyone was just "oh no he was defeated. better luck next time" and then the story just went on. Literally made no fucking sense at all.

Who is this semen demon?

wine glasses are for homosexuals

4kids naruto censorship was dumb ah too

Jiraiya getting "defeated" in the German dub of Naruto Shippuden was exactly like that.
They completely left out the part where and how he died.
They show censored episodes of the battle and then cut to the part where he's already dead and everybody is just "well he put in a good fight".
Fucking retarded.

You're mom lel.

(sorry no idea. i just saved it from a thread on Sup Forums)

You really have to wonder why did they even bother trying airing these shows on kids channels in the first place. When they obviously thought they were too violent/sexual for it to the point they had to completely butcher them until they practically completely different shows
Looking at these it themes like they might as welled just aired on adult channels

Yu-gi-oh is probably worse.

Censored even slightly revealing clothes, shrunk chests to make cleavage non-existent, censored any mention of death (e.g. the "shadow realm"), censored guns into finger guns, removed any appearance of blood.

I guess the people in charge of buying international shows just showed a cut of the first episodes of for example Dragonball where Goku is still a child to the 60+ year old executives and they were just like "oh it's a cartoon and cartoons are for children. it's a bit on the violent side, though, so let's cut out anything that wouldn't allow us to show it after the smurfs at 09:00 in the morning on saturdays". I think that was and still is the mindset behind this bullshit.
You just have to realize that the people who decide this have no fucking idea what they're looking at.

Terribly drawn breasts give you boners?

Pupa, to the point where I don't even understand why they released the censored version. I liked Pupa, but what audience is the censored version for?

For one piece, I've read that the company that was doing it, saw only a few bits and thought "Perfect kids show" paid for, bought the license and shit like that, and started working on it. Only later did they realize "Ohshit this isn't a kids show" and since they already paid for fucking everything, it was either scrap it all and get nothing, or try to hotfix it. Guess what we got?

This is pretty much why I don't watch dubs anymore. The people who are in charge of buying licenses to these shows have no fucking idea what they're talking about.
It's the same with video games back in the late 90s in Germany. That's why the soldiers in Command and Conquer were replaced with robots and the lore of basically an all out World War 3 was changed to a "battle simulation".

Even CnC Generals still had that retardation going on.

>muh evil killer games :"(((

Don't forget how they removed any reference to religion, e.g. halos, horns, pentagrams.

Also they didn't stop at guns.
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_modified_card_artworks

Btw that wheelie thing is how the Muslim suicide bomber looked in the German version.

This had many light/shadow beams.

Nopes. all we have are the animation cels which show most the females cast yum yums before they were edited out

Let me show you how taiwanese get the job done.

Wine is for homo. Real men do whiskey

>O MY INVISIBLE SWORD

>not "me or my thread ever again."
you blew it

The shadow realm part really gets me. I mean I get why people like that would want to censor dying but they replaced it with being trapped forever in an ancient nightmare-world, which death could be arguable preferable to.

thats what youg get for watching too much JAV

Final episode of Excel Saga.
Granted, Watanabe was TRYING to make an episode so completely out of the realm of acceptability that it would get banned, but it's still not that common to see an anime have an episode straight-up banned from TV in Japan.

The shadow realm actually existed in the manga I think ,so it makes a bit of sense

Ew.

Fairly mild yu-gi-oh censorship usually involved drawing of extra clothing or lengthening skirts or covering up more of the exposed skin. Terraformars has solid black circles.

This is why the mainland Chinese kicked their ass so hard. Damn.

Really nigga?

Anyone who doesn't say Pupa is wrong.

Is this france 3 channel?

For me it's Rum, tbqh.

>censored knife
>censored taser
???

I don't know either, tbqh. I'm not really into that moe stuff.

I can understand censors when the content base is suitable or changed enough so its not super noticeable but when you're doing black balls or extreme flashes of light just to skirt around laws yet still tell us what is happening you gotta ask yourself.

Are they that greedy for cash?