Applimonsters

How well did the anime do? I know the game flopped but I hear the anime was decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

best100.animefestival.jp/
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=65914642&mode=medium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All the other merchandise either did average or really well. The game bombed hard because it was released around the same time as Pokemon Sun/Moon and it had only been 10 episodes since it aired so nobody gave a shit about it, Dumbass move.
Also it's currently in 16th place in this anime poll, so it has a crazy devoted fanbase. Mostly insane fujos that love the redhead robot.
best100.animefestival.jp/

>using anidb instead of actual japanese sources
For what purpose? This image is made even more retarded by the fact that whoever made it deliberately cut out certain parts in order to make it look like it's a viewership graph and not a ratings graph, which it actually is. Basically, women rated it higher, but there were fewer votes from them. There are more votes from men, but they rated it lower than the women did.

Either way the image is not only misleading but retarded for not using actual japanese sources.

Not OP but where did you find it on there? I can't find anything similar to that graph, the page for it on anidb looks fucking dead.

Under the "statistics" section there should be a tab that says Vote Statistics. As I said before, the bars represent scores, not number of viewers, as if you look to the numbers next ratings you'll see that the number of female viewers is eclipsed by men. Not really a big deal, just miffed about the seemingly-deliberate misdirection.

I remember that pic first showed up in /m/. Don't blame OP, that pic has been around since October of last year.
/m/ created because they didn't like Appmon, since it was obvious Bandai/Toei paid more attention to it than Xros Wars.

So what better way to smear it than to call it a fujo show?
However, while it was more fujo baiting than previous series, nonetheless that was later on and not in the beginning.

pretty good story episodes, hit or miss filler episodes
it was a typical year long kid's show

Yeah, I should have made it clear that I wasn't blaming OP, I checked archives and that was what led me to this in the first place. It being from /m/ doesn't surprise me at all.

>It being from /m/ doesn't surprise me at all.
Oh?
Does /m/ have a history of doing shit like that?

Probably the 3rd or 4th best Digimon series.
But that's not hard when Digimon has only had 4 good seasons.

>It's beating Osomatsu and Capeshit the Anime
Literally how?
I didn't even knew there was a new Digimon anime.

What is this?

the anime was good, shame they had so much filler due to filling the quota of having to reach the amount of episodes asked for. My only complain would be Haru just being a crybaby and almost pathetic for a protagonist, Astra was a better character

very homo show

>My only complain would be Haru just being a crybaby and almost pathetic for a protagonist
So was Takato. If it wasn't for Jian, Takato would have had Guilmon killed along time ago. Hell when Jian starts freaking out because of his sister, Takato no longer has his support system and starts going bonkers on Guilmon

idk, Takato felt well developed at first, his crying wasn't too much shown, I see him as just disoriented for what was going on and it felt legit since digimon exist and he realize this wasn't like in his anime but he was learning from that, of course with the help of the other tamers. Meanwhile Haru and his "I want to be a protagonist" felt like he was breaking the fourth wall plus his pals didn't help a lot since they each had their own interest instead of wanting to figure out why the digimon exist and the threats weren't as day dreams of a kid

>his crying wasn't too much shown
Are you out of your goddamn mind? When was the last time you watched Tamers? He cried 9 out of the 13 first episodes. He was melodramatic with his waterworks.
Haru at best only cried maybe 3-4 times, and a few of those times are reasonable because his robot was doing something stupid to him.

well it's been years since I watched tamers so i probably am forgetting a lot

But that was the best part about it.

why no doujins?

There are doujins, problem is that no one has scan them online. One of the doujinka released like most of it.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=65914642&mode=medium

I only ever saw the first episode when it aired and the only thing I can remember is that I thought the OP was decent.

Give it another go. Drop it if you don't like it by episode 4.