Hunter x Hunter

I just started watching HxH last week. Never read the manga before. Just got done watching episode 80.

Fucking hell, I know characters die often, but this hit real hard. She deserved better.

she appeared in like 5 episodes m8, who cares

I care

Her hat makes me think of Koenma, and that's reason enough to like her.

Heh, I only just realized it after you mentioned that.

I like her even more now.

And am equally now more sad.

Both her and that other guy's deaths were totally pointless. Togashi didn't give you a reason to care about them since they barely had any characterization and hadn't been seen in years. And if the point was to show that anyone could die then he failed at that, too, since there were almost no other casualties. Their deaths were just edgy tryhard forced drama shit.

I can understand your point of view. I guess when the anime first came out, there was probably a lot less of a connection to the characters due to the release schedule of the episodes. Having watched these 80 episodes in a week however, the impact of their deaths is much more meaningful.

not the user you were talking to but i agree i watched it in short period of time to and it made me think that anyone could die thinking back on it now i also agree that it really did not matter all that much but i still liked the character

Ponzu a cutie.

it was to show how strong the commanders were, one would expect the arrow guy to be a strong nen user at this point but he was easily defeated

yeah but at least Togashi is willing to kill off secondary characters unlike most shounen mangaka

didn't care about Ponzu but I liked Pokkle, I felt attached to him because he was one of the few graduated of the hunter exam arc, now the only ones left are the main 4, Hisoka, Illumi and Hanzo

Like the fact that everything is narrated for you so you don't have to think about anything?

What?

He's salty over the fact that HxH tends to go into great detail to explain everything that's going on during monologues, as if it's a bad thing.

I agree that it takes balls to knock off characters like that, but on the other hand, they were at the threshold where they could still get killed and nobody would give too much of a shit beyond the initial surprise.

Ponzu was a top tier cutie though.

Why did she decide to just be useless instead of developing her whole poison schtick? She basically just ran around and got murdered by some stupid shitty bug with a pistol. I get that they were in hypocritical hippie land but considering how dingle dick managed to conceal an antidote in his tooth I'd expect somebody whose whole thing is poison and drugs to be a bit more clever.

Then again she's also some dumb side character who was only relevant for a total of one scene before so who cares really

screams externally

>'Sup guys? I hear we're talking about killing characters abruptly

Yeah buddy. To much exposition is shit and ruins moods.

>monologue
I only appreciate it when it's a character's monologue, not the fucking narrator's.

Literally who?

she's alive

Come on, you might as well be complaining about the monster of the day getting killed.

Where did you get the idea the audience is supposed to care about their death? Sup Forums cries over Ponzu because she's a cute girl, even though Pokkle's death was objectively worse.

It's pretty obvious her death was to establish the ant's threat and show the serious danger they're in, and Pokkle's was for plot purposes. Both have an element of shock value but it was effective and well used rather than gratuitous, so what's the problem?

And peopled bawww'd over Pitou.

Good thing theres plenty of both in CAs then

Shit character. Stupid design. Nobody cried over her you fucking nigger using weeb ass terminology.

>her

Will they ever continue adapting the manga into anime?

>character death is pointless if we don't have a full blown sob story to root for them
The whole point of Ponzu's death was to show how fucked up the CA can be after the Queen consumed the NGL gang members. We saw that particular ant shooting people up before, but when it reaches a character we knew from before, it does really hit you.

The point of Pokkle's death was to give the CA information on Nen, which is what furthers their individuality (one of the arcs themes) even more and strengthens them.

Gon and Killua have the best bromance.

Prove me wrong.

chimera arc is so bad

if they want to release 2 episodes a year, why not

Sure, as soon as Togashi decides to stop taking leave of absences.

Did we ever find out what his health problem is?

>chimera arc is so bad

Apparently, a really bad back.

>Nobody cried over her
Plenty of dumbass anons cried when she died in 2010 and the anime brought in a whole slew of newfags to lose their shit too.

Her and her friend ate it super hard for seemingly no reason.

I think the narration added to the mood. He kept away from the big moments and allowed the characters to speak. The absence of narration in those parts made them feel more tense tbqh.

Yeah, at times he was saying what characters could easily think out loud at times, but I honestly didn't mind that much. It helps that he has a god tier voice, Netero's backstory being his best part.

Leave the thread before you get spoiled idiot. HxH threads have been nothing but bait since the last hiatus.

correct

Ah, that sucks. Back pain can really ruin your life.

see

Trust me, I know. When I was in 7th grade, I was forced to stand for the entire day next to my science fair project. Once I sat down, I could'nt stand up. Had to go for physical therapy.

Ever since then, I've had herniated and slipped discs in my neck and lower lumbar spine. Officially diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. Feels bad man.

Chapters back WHEN?

Ouch. That's young to have your back fucked.

Didn't he say that his back pain has pretty much gone away at this point?

I'm not a gorefag, but I actually fapped to this scene. What does that make me?

Ryonafag.

January

It doesn't even show anything besides twitching.

Although if you have the audio off it looks like she's being deep dicked

Dunno, haven't really kept up with it to date. I just remember back when he was photographed at some event, and a bunch of HxH fans were pissed off because they felt he was lying about his health, since he was in too bad a shape to do the manga, yet was seemingly able enough to attend parties/ceremonies and whatnot.

Is this the greatest HXH Theory? What do you guys think ?

I have zero context since I never read the manga.

not a general you dumb nigger

I am glad you got to enjoy it.

I want to experience and feel things for myself though and really dislike being told how to feel or what to think.

Watching her twitch as she gets shot like a helpless prey really turned me on. Is this a sign of being insane? I never thought I've had a dark fetish like this.

You ought to feel like a big faggot right now.

To each his own. I personally don't mind the narration so much. I enjoy being able to turn off my brain and just watch the action unfold.

wtf

Congratulations. You're a psychopath.

Who cares, it's a cartoon, and a pretty mild one at that.

Actually look at proper gore/ryouna and decide then.

So did my favorite girl.

They literally ate her pussy.

>42▶
>File: queenzazan.png (1.49 MB, 1920x1080)
>
>

Mmmmm... them tiddays.

not enough to adapt, yet.

Nope, Gon made sure she is dead.

Yu Yu Hakusho was better

man I haven't touched this since 2010. those chapters that looked like a bunch of chicken scratches were probably the final nail in the coffin. do I read it or watch it?

improved chapter are available

i'd wait until togashi returs this month though

He said he was getting /fit/. Back pains never truly go away though.

Doesn't the manga show her getting gutted?

yep

Fucking hell...

Watching the Chimera Ant Arc.

Realizing that tons of species aren't born with ill intentions.

Most just want to continue to survive. Everyone has the right to live.

Bawling my eyes out when the queen dies, but Colt want's to protect her final baby.

The feels... they just won't stop ;_;.

This shows literally nothing aside from a few panels littered with bits of pages.

But she doesn't fight with poison, she fights with bees. Bee stingers wouldn't be able to piece the exoskeleton of 1st generation CAs . I don't see what could have prevented being blindsided by an ant dude with a pistol.

I see meat flying in one panel with sound effects of RIP AND TEAR and meat in his hands and some stuck to his teeth in the last.

It's almost impossible to think it's anything else unless you being intentionally obtuse.

did you win ?

>Komugi and meruem death scene
>Palm watching it all
>Gon using up everything on pitou
>Chairman sacrificing himself
>So many other significant events

Man what a roller coaster

I actually felt sorry for Pitou when that arc was ending, Pitou deserved it, but can help thinking if it started differently they all could've been friends with Gon and Killua.

The Chimera Ant Arc may be the most uneven arc I've ever experienced.

The high points were exceptional but the bad parts dragged. Fortunately everything after the birth of the King is mostly top-tier stuff.

im on episode 119 and man the chimera ant arc is real good

I remember when I first read about gyro in the manga and that man had a whole chapter dedicated to his backstory.

I kept thinking he would be extremely important the whole CA arc but in the end I got something so "open" that I dont even know what the point was anymore.

Togashi obviously has plans to use him later in the story, he could end up being the final antagonist of some sort, but rather those plans come to fruition or not is definitely something that will always be "open" for hiatusxhiatus

Please name some characters who would have been better to kill off at that precise point in the story without requiring some two or three previous episodes exclusively to flesh them out before they die.

Ponzu and Pokkle had established objectives and abilities that made them perfect for the scenario. Especially since you would hate the Ants anyway because they are all so creepy and were killing innocent villagers previously, and Ponzu and Pokkle were at the precise level of power required for them trying to make a difference but failing. Killing them off made perfect sense.

Also, note that Ponzu and Pokkle had some filler episodes in the 99 anime, so they were fan favorites to some extent.

It's just like Hisoka getting that Nen exorcist on G.I. for Chrollo.
It didn't get followed up on until very recently with the fight between them.

You just have to be patient.

This is when I knew the fun had stopped.

I like her too, it´s a shame she got killed so early

Hisoka will obviously be the final antagonist of the story

What's with this fucked-up family and their weird habit of dressing up their sons as daughters? I wish my mom dressed me up as a daughter.

It's not weird, it's aesthetic. Those boys have all the masculine lifetime before them, let them enjoy their androgynous girly looks while they still can.

neferpitou is cute

If she devised a plan to get people to pay her money, and then pays them by getting new people to pay her, would that be a Ponzu scheme?

That guy being fat never made sense to me, since he's probably super strong and fast as well.

It's Neferpitou-sama for you, you noname dog.

He sits on his ass in his room all day eating junk.