AOTY. Prove me wrong. Yuu can't.

Reminder.

>Sup Forums
>official anything

Close but no

>made in abyss in 13
>maid dragon on that board

Clearly whoever made this have autism

Yuu is such a piece of shit she ruins the whole show.

Whatever you say, Pablo.

fuck Yuu

>No Konosuba
>No Eromanga
>No Blend-S
>No Renai Boukun
>No Bahamut
>No Saekano
That list is so wrong.

Congrats, you listed six shows, and not a single one has any value whatsoever. Impressively bad taste.

That's a shit list.

I want to but she's not real.

>I am a faggot with shitty taste in anime

I like some of those shows quite a bit but it's still a shit tier list.

>Official
>Tsuki ga Kirei is absent

Blame Sup Forums, it's their official list.

I am.

"Prove me wrong" bullshit.

>>>/gaiaonline/

well it is Sup Forums's top list, obviously it has bad taste and inane shows in it

That would be the pure kino that is Houseki no Kuni.

I didnt sign this list

It's not on the objective best of each respective season chart though.

Better taste than Sup Forums's "official" list, which is literally top 10 irrelevant anime nobody watched in 2017.
And it can't be official since I'm also Sup Forums and no one asked me. I'll veto any list not having Megumin in it.

>muh tumblrfluid Naruto rocks
The janky ass CGI is the least of that show's problems. It's nowhere near AOTY.

die teen

Sorry, redditors who like Konosuba don't get a say in it.

>Monogatari
>good
>ever

So you didn't watch it? Your opinion on the best looking show of 2017 is nullified, sadly.

>hating on Guruguru

I watched two episodes and dropped it because the visuals were soulless and cheap and the dialogue was trite.
>best looking show of 2017
Art in that show isn't even close to Maho no Yome or Made in Abyss, and the animation is low-framerate CGI shit.

My personal list, no bully.
>Winter
Akiba's Trip
>Spring
LWA
>Summer
NEW GAME!!
>Winter
SSR
>AOTY
SSR

nice livejournal geek

Who ever said i was one?

>Winter show as your spring show

2017 has been an amazing year

Those two shows look pretty meh though. MahoYome is actually visually terrible and one of the worst manga adaptations of the year. Flat staging, awkward directing and editing, poor storyboards and copies the manga panels 1:1. Abyss has nice backgrounds but uninspired use of color, animation, directing and often commits the same sins.

If it was airing it counts.
The real issue is them choosing LWA over Uchouten Kazoku 2.

Was it winter? I can't honestly remember since I watched almost nothing that season. Looks like you're right though. so I guess I'll change it to Alice to Zouroku.

My personal favourite release would be Owarimonogatari 2, but I'm not a fan of calling sequels AOTY, so I'd go with either Magus Bride or Girls' Last Tour.

>Shounenshit
>anime of the anything
>ever

I gotta say, I disagree with your opinion on Maho no Yome. It has really nice art, and creates a very atmospheric setting. There's not a lot going on animation wise, but the animnation that is there is smooth and well framed. As far as copying manga panels, I don't have a problem with that, as long as they look good. Houseki no Kuni also does that, so that's not really a fair criticism anyways. As far as MiA, I don't really see your critiques at all.

How is Uchouten Kazoku shounenshit? Are you thinking of a different show?

>the anti-cg fag thinks HnK is visually uninspired and Maho no Yome is a gold standard of art direction
Holy hell. This is a massive exposure of terrible taste.

I can't fucking read apparently.

Well, Maho no Yome doesn't look bad either, but isn't exactly anything new, that's right. HNK's artstyle is more innovative than that.

>a gold standard of art direction
I wouldn't say that about any anime that I watched this year, including Yuasa's films. I simply preferred the art in MnY to the other shows I watched this year. Also, posting hideous screenshots isn't helping your case.

>that shitty gradient background and ugly model coloring
Is that supposed to be impressive?

Where's Youjo Senki? Best direction of the year.

I half agree with both of you. It is visually stunning in places but the storyboarding is flat.

Mahoyome has serviceable backgrounds but it fails at capturing the atmosphere that Yamazaki's paneling creates. Especially with the odd way the scenes flow or how it doesn't take any inspired audiovisuals choices to expand upon the manga. The animation is practically non-existent and the directors seem to have no drive in taking any creative liberties. It's generally poorly made and the lull in pacing doesn't do much considering how weak the start of the manga is. Nothing feels like it has any weight to me.

Made in Abyss has some production problems specifically with the Ozen fight and the lack of impact depicting her presence because it chooses to copy the panels 1:1 without understanding the illustrative advantages of manga. The use of color depicting the environment is too dependent on natural green when the Abyss is supposed to be more alien looking and the director fails at depicting any of the surreal moments in the manga with as much weight. See: Riko's hallucinations in episode 10. The characters lack the depth of expression and nuance in body language that's found in the manga too. It's still a far better adaptation than Mahoyome though.

No need to debate about best art style.
That one has been reserved before the anime even aired.

>Winter
LWA
>Spring
Tsuki ga Kirei
>Summer
Made in Abyss
>Autumn
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

AotY: Tsuki ga Kirei for having the largest artistic value with regard to the medium used, despite being a no means perfect show.

2017 was a disappointment in regards of worthwhile shows per season. Out of 56 seasonal shows from 2017 viewed, only 8 would I consider rememberable.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm with you about the storyboarding, but the animation is fine, if sparse, and the coloring is exceptional.
I also like the naturalist feel of MiA's palette, and the animation in that show had moments that were exceptional.

Correct opinions coming through.
While I didn't think much about it this is pretty much the top 10 anime of the year. I have not watched it yet commie fucking when but for what I can see, monogatari is aoty material so I reserved an spot for it.

nice livejournal geek

gb2 gaia

I just think it's hilarious how the show with actual artistic shifts in style, competent framing, excellent layouts and art direction, varied lighting and color design and interesting combination of different textures is the one being called visually soulless.

SSR is light years ahead of everything that aired this year

you're mom has competent framing

With Shuumatsu and MiA I don't think that there is an anime that can be bett..

>I have not watched it yet
Jeez, you're a giant faggot.
Kill yourself back to MAL.

You can throw as many buzzword superlatives into your post as you want. That doesn't make your opinion more valid, or make HnK's visually poor production style more impressive.
The undifferentiated and undetailed character designs, heavy use of digital gradient coloring, and unnatural lighting speak for themselves.
Cutscenes for PS2 games have better CGI than that show, and the visual direction is hollow and uninspired.

What is even AOTY? The most popular anime? Anime that has the biggest sales? Or anime that uses animation creatively and has original deep narative like MiA? Because for each option I can name different anime.

Buzzwords, empty claims and non-arguments are all that can be found in your post, sadly.

die teen

It's a good show, but it's not great.

>anime that uses animation creatively and has original deep narative like MiA

It means your most favorite anime of the year in your honest opinion. Surely there has to be a show that you prefer to watch than other. Hell it may be the first or last in your watchlist.

>your buzzwords don't count but mine do.

You're replying seriously to a troll.

I've never seen one person on this site give a substantial reason for anything they like or dislike.
Including everyone in this thread.

>What is even AOTY?
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

How is that autumn always ends up with the AOTY?

Most people who post in these threads are newfags. They probably weren't even here in winter.

Nice deflection, but the crappy framerates and overuse of gradient backgrounds are very specific issues with HnK, that you 've yet to address, because it's counter to your narrative.

Anime that everyone agrees is great.

>LWA

Ha
Ha
Ha

So nothing wins then. The only thing I can see Sup Forums ever agreeing on is K-On being great. That's about it.

That doesn't exist.
You couldn't even find a consensus on Sup Forums that Hamlet or The School of Athens are great.

>Dragon Dentist in top 10
You have to be more subtle than that.

I don't disagree with these, though. CGI is its low point and you will see that every time someone praises it they are comparing with other shows with bad CGI. Fortunately, I'm not someone obsessed with it to the point of just passing the show as "CGIshit". Gradient backgrounds is a sign of either not watching the anime or not paying attention as its used ONLY in key points and where it makes sense.

That's_the_joke.jpg
It's very hard to agree with someone, and almost impossible agree with a large group of people

Second season ruined Bahamut
Fuck Nina, what a trash character

The only thing that matter is how much money anime managed to extract from you, for me Symphogear take the lead with BD set, 8CD, an artbook and Hibiki figure, second place take Frame Arms Girls with dozen of plastic girls and third PriPri with BD set and 2CD, SSR would be third but I can't count plamo as show merchandise.

Uchouten is too low

someone's mad

What's wrong with Ryuu no Haisha? I thought it was pretty cool.

Excellent taste. Would reorder some of the lower entries and move Guruguru to number four.
Absolutely horrible list.
Also good taste, though I find HnK to be a bit overrated. I prefer a few other shows this season more.

Since we're being pedantic about visuals, why does no one address how shitty Girls Last Tour looks? Very lame art direction and the same colors for every scene along with sameface potato designs and offputting cg mechanical designs. Overuse of slower average shot length and delayed dialogue delivery to create artificial melancholic atmosphere.

read deleuze

You're just trying to justify your shit decisions

Of course I'm mad, she ruined the series.
The whole Nina/Cheerios thing was so fucking stupid

(You)

As long as one of those shows isn't the vastly overrated 3gatsu so I don't have to go into a rant, it's ok.

>overrated
Opinion disregarded.

Everything in the MAL top 100 is inherently overrated.

You are just angry because there was het. Go back to your yuri sols

Nobody gives a fuck about MAL.