How do we fix (innovate?) the mahou shoujo genre?

How do we fix (innovate?) the mahou shoujo genre?

My wives Swim2 and Nokko-Chan are so cute.

Are you just going to make mahou shoujo threads every day?

No more edgy crap.

>no more edge
Considering I'm on an adult site. How else would you keep my interest?

>a show has to be edgy to be interesting
You shouldn't be on this adult site.

Sorry I don't watch boring Miyazaki movies and other anime intended for little children OP

didn't you get like 10 S tier suggestions that weren't done before in the thread yesterday?

>boring Miyazaki movies
>anime intended for little children

I've seen this bait before.

A literal fact- as-well as my opinion can't be bait. You're not contributing.

Pretty much ever suggestion in the last thread was met with responses saying Magical Girl Raising Project and Yuki Yuna did it.
Should I watch MGRP? A lot of the responses last thread made it sound good but every time I see a screenshot or something of it it looks edgy as fuck.

Mahou Shoujo Risuka should be adapted.

Just stop user, this is just way to cheap.
No one is going to take your bait here.

It is edgy as fuck, you have to be prepared for that. It does loop around to being hilarious a couple times, which is something I guess.

It's a pretty average show all in all though.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread man. Hope you'll have as much fun watching children's cartoons as I have watching ones intended for my agegroup

Raising Project is average, it's really nothing special.
But I don't regret watching it, it was a good watch.

Also Yuki Yuna and Raising Project both failed at what they could have been desu.

It's a battle royale so its inevitable edgy but at least it has some pretty cute characters.
Where MGRP really shines is in the lns, the third one is an absolute masterpiece, hopefully they will get adapted at some point.

Stop responding to it.

That was the last respond.

What anime is this?

The one genre that is even worse than isekai? There is no way to save it.

There is no way to save your horrible taste either.

Cardcaptor Sakura will save it again next season.

Unnecessary trash.

Anyone remembers that magical girl thing by Shaft that ended being just a Pachinko game?

Replace all the mascot characters with humans.

More JC fanservice

Wait a decade for it to die down then repeat the cycle.
Alternatively blend it with shounen power up and transformation tropes.

Make them all straight and have them have boyfriends that actually help.

>Alternatively blend it with shounen power up and transformation tropes.
I they already do that.

Boy gets Magical Girl'd after Magical Girls' existing for 10 years in this world behind the Masquerade while the enemy monsters don't seem to stop.

Succeeds a bit in pushing the Monsters back and putting pressure on them, but the Monsters adapt because they are not stupid.

Dunno where to go from there.

Magical Girl Breeding and establishing a Provisional Accademy to get more and better trained Magical Girls? R&D? Guerilla Tactics?

Has the Mahou Shoujo genre even reached maturity yet? I think that it could still find more ways to grow by appealing to people outside of the main magical girl fanbase.

Atleast I hope so, it's disheartening trying to talk about the mahou shoujo genre to normalfag anime watchers, when the only magical girl shows they've heard of or watched are Sailor Moon and Madoka,

*I thought they already did that.

What shampoo commercial is this?

you know what you do?

instead of changing outfits, they turn into freaky monsters. not monstergirls, mind you; but actual scary looking beasties.
that's a whole big new dynamic, especially if it takes place in the modern world. Plus it's just cooler and more visually interesting.

Limited scenario is simple but great, it has a lot of potential depending on how they handle an adaptation to anime, if it ever happens never ever

I unironically think this genre needs more sappy shit like Pleiades. Right now it's too oversaturated with edgy or ecchi shit.

Make the entire cast full of traps.

No more yuri and shounenshit.
No more toku disguised as mahou shoujo.

We need more melee mahou shoujo, more riders, more actual beating into submission.

>Magical Girl (Male)
Has potential.

Which one do I shoot?

Black comedy about the MC who is an unlicensed Mahou Shoujo contractor. The powers that he gives to his girls doesn't even work half the time, hilarity ensues.

Calm down Hiro

This one

>all magical girls are boys
>all magical boys are girls
I can see it working.

I'd only recommend it if you're going to read the novels after. The first arc isn't anything amazing, but the leap in quality later is unreal. The characters are grounded and deal with some serious personal issues that are rarely handled well in anime. The powers are very imaginative and make every encounter interesting and unpredictable. And the edge is a product of circumstance, not the author forcing their hand. It feels completely plausible to happen in a world filled with superhumans, though the events are always treated as the exception rather than the rule. The tone is always one of hope and perseverance rather than total despair. It's a story about little victories in the face of harsh reality.

I know it's common for everything that people say it only gets good later in the source, but this quickly went from average to one of my favorite series reading through the 3rd and 4th arcs. The author himself admitted he had an epiphany and completely changed the direction of the story halfway through writing the second arc.

A cast of traps and tomboys?

Yes.

>boy is turned into a succubus
>it grants him awesome powers, but also makes him attracted to pretty much everything
There's a manga with succubus boy and he even have a mascot, but if I remember correctly he isn't a hero of justice.

Don't worry. Mahou Shoujo Site will save the genre.

Go back to Idol Mahou Shoujo trope.

Timotei.

I love the doujin where Souji is an autogynephile and vigorously faps to himself every day after getting his transformation, then enjoys wearing revealing clothing in public to tease men, until a bunch of perverts accost him on the train and force him into having sex with all of them.

Really nice.

>autogynephile
>tfw bother google this word just to find out I also have this symptom that's explain why I like Swim2 that much
To day is bad day indeed.

By actually airing this.

Wasn't an OVA of it released recently? Or was it some other never ever mahou shoujo?

I remembered one idea from a "Write an Anime Plot" thread a few years ago.

user came up with a magical girl show where girls have rivalries with each other. Nothing special about this if it weren't for the fact that all of them are daughters of various not!Kamen Riders, not!Super Sentai and etc.

The result is that said girls have their looks influenced by their toku bloodlines, but I don't remember if the magical girls also had powers and abilities based off this too.

Also their parents fuel up the whole rivalry thing.

We honestly need more of pic related

>daughters of various not!Kamen Riders
>The result is that said girls have their looks influenced by their toku bloodlines
I want to see not!Michi's daughter fucking up everything for everyone and not!Dan's daughter just having fun like papa.

It was a SHAFT lie.

I want to marry pechika!

Make a show about SJW magical girls trying to make the world a communist utopia like a feminist wet dream,
and then have it go horribly wrong:
Magical girls get influenced by feminist propaganda: "Kill all men", "Kill President Trump".

So they just go out and do this kind of things in a childishly naive way.

There are 2 Girls that become magical girls and decide to make the textbook feminist agenda real.

they assault some rapists, that turn out to have been false accused, after they have beaten them up badly.

they help some Muslims over the border, only to have the news report that they blew themselves up the next week

One of the girls is a western style lesbian magical girl with a shaved head, that cuts of part of her magical dress because it "looks stereotypical" and "muh gender" only to have it function at 5% after that.

After that she tries to convince her friend to go and kill Trump with her, but she refuses because of the things that have gone wrong already. So she goes solo queue
She stands before the President and demands that he steps down and gives Hillary her rightful place. After Trump says that he is not going to negotiate with terrorists she kills him with some magic attack, and gets BTFO by machine gun fire from the secret service.

The other magical girl just went with the flow more or less. So she later reforms to "traditional values" and becomes a classical magical girl in the end.

Why did oniichan stick a grapefruit down his panties?

*she got btfo because her barrier worked at 5% desu.

More black men.

More pachinko.

Make them all girls(male).

More lewd little girls.

What happens in the later novels if the battle royal has ended? How do they make it even interesting?

>How do they make it even interesting?
They don't.

I see.

Please never post here again.

you don't like it? It's the only original suggestion in this thread.

Ignore him and read this

It's something only a kid would post.

I find it funny, and I'm sure a lot of people do, too.
Only because you got triggered by it, does not mean it's childish.

Who wants a candy?

Hi friend. I'm a huge mahou shoujo fan. I've been watching shows for 20+ years. I'm guessing one of two things.

Either 1. You hate the mahou shoujo genre and you've only ever watched the 4 shows Sup Forums thinks are the shit. Madoka, Nanoha, CCS, and Sailor Moon if that.

2. You are unfamiliar with the mahou shoujo genre and you've only ever watched the 4 shows Sup Forums thinks are the shit. Madoka, Nanoha, CCS, and Sailor Moon if that.

The mahou shoujo genre does not need fixing. You have barely even watched it if you think that. Go watch Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Pretear, Full Moon o Sagashite, Cutie Honey, Saint Tail, Tokyo Mew Mew, Fancy La La, and Devil Hunter Yohko and don't come back until you do.

>Addicted to BBC
Good times.

The majority of those suck and this reeks of hipster

That slaughter in last volume.

>all magical girls are boys
>all kamen riders are girls
Fix'd

Review point 1

More panty shots.

Hi there buddy! Nanoha is just the equivalent of a random superhero movie. It's pretty bad all things considered.

Sailor Moon is some terrible Toei animation liked by women that like passive main characters.

The other 2 are great shows, tyvm.

Phantom Thief shit sucks, no exception, they all try to copy Lupin and Lupin itself sucks. Saint Tail no exception, but Kaitou Jeanne looks about the same.

Sagashite, Shugo Chara, Sugar Sugar Rune and Tweeny Witches are good though. But not really innovative in any way either.

Who is the sexiest Restart and why is it @Meow-Meow?

I love the new push on edge lately. We had cgdct shoved down our throats for years and just now we're getting some worthwhile action.

>Kaitou Jeanne
To add to that. Seems like another Toei adaptation. So that's really a no-go. I like to actually look at animation. Toei is cancer in its own right.

>No more yuri and shounenshit.
>No more toku disguised as mahou shoujo.

How about no more of you

>>all kamen riders are girls
Yes!

Also posting what i wrote on the last thread.

Magical girl Kamen Rider. Have a typical magical girl vs dark magical girl plot except this time the dark magical girl is an ex-mahou shoujo that was forcefully turned into a bio-magi-cyborg bugwoman.

And that the dark magical girl is the one protecting the good magical girl this time who's naivety and inexperience makes her wholly unprepared to face against a globe spanning cultlike terrorist organization that has infiltrated all levels of society, both mundane and supernatural.

At some point yuri happens between magical girl-chan and kamen rider girl. I would like to have a scene where magical girl-chan rests her head on kamen rider girl's back while they are riding on kamen rider girl's motorcycle because that would be very cute~

>Cardcaptor Sakura
Return of Mai Hime and Sailor Moon Crystal movies will bring back the magical girl genre

i've been seeing this around but is it worth buying?

>Sailor Moon Crystal
You were doing so well before this point.

So hating Saint Tail of all things means I hate mahou shoujo in general? Are you fucking high?

I believe you mean Mai-Otome season 2.

That tail would make it really hard to do her from behind.

I'm the only person who posts it. All the posts you saw are mine.

The first volume(the only one seven seas has released so far) is uneventful.

A magical girl who only does nice things like fix parks or heal injured animals or perform at little kid birthday parties, 0 drama at all. She's also gay

>nice things
>steals the job of the people that fix parks
>steals the job of animal caretakers
Survival of the fittest nigga