Just Because!

I'm only four episodes in so no spoilers, but is here a reason this is so 'special'? I like it a lot and can't pinpoint why since informally don't like this genre

What say Sup Forums?

komiya dies

It's inferior to Tsuki ga Kirei

better than dating eita

It's well directed and the emotions and character actions aren't over the top.

I can't believe Morikawa is fucking dead!

it's strikingly beautiful despite somewhat simplistic visuals

the characters are relateable and well written

True Tears 2.0

It's also inferior to Tawawa, and that was a short

I don't think it is just that they aren't over the top. It all feels quite subtle but with depth to it. Like you are actually looking in on the lives of actual people rather than just anime characters created for a show. The scenes we see just feel like that, the scenes we see from their lives. There is always more meaning behind the lines that the characters have if you understand what they are thinking and the context.

just because a best girl suddenly appears when you are least expecting it

Natsume is the worst girl in the show though right? How does she think she can say no and then do fuck all?

I mostly agree, although the characters have the annoying tendency to say what they're thinking even if it is obvious from their actions, I know this is common in anime, but I expected better from a show with this writing.

Tawawas

You mean like narrating their inner thoughts in scenes where they are alone or whatever?

Yeah, but it also happens when they aren't alone, which is kinda awful. For example in this last episode, when Natsume tells Eita that he is close enough with Komiya for them to be hugging, there's this little flachback to that event and then Eita says out loud "so that was Natsume" or something like that. It is completely unnecessary information and can't even be excused as something that the character would say himself.

Yeah you are right, thinking back on it now that line did strike me as a bit odd. Like who is he saying that for? Nobody that was there. She knows and he knows. Which means the only purpose is to say to the audience "hey remember that happened right?" I'm wondering if the translation was awkward at all because there are ways he could have said something very similar and conveyed the same message to the audience without being a weird thing to say.

Just because has better characters.

If Komiya doesn't win I'll eat my shit

Wait, do we only got one really vocal and persistent scatman on Sup Forums, or is there like a whole cabal here made from people who literally live and breathe to eat shit.

I have the strange feeling this show isn't doing so well, just look at Classroom of the Elite.

"no"