One Piece

Since Katakuri is one of the strongest members of the Big Mom Pirates and has shown to be as strong as Luffy, where would you rank him in strength amongst other OP characters, would you say hes as strong as someone like Marco or nah

>As strong as Luffy
A-user...

>as strong as Luffy,

>has shown to be as strong as Luffy
Not yet Luffyfag

Beats everyone besides yonkou, admirals, garp, mihawk and Rayleigh easily

I think admirals will be at least at his level when they come back. There's no other way for the marines to stay relevant from here on.

What? They need to be stronger than him to stay relevant. And I'm pretty sure the Admirals ARE stronger than him.

Dofla could beat Luffy one on one

Luffy would still lose to Magellan

High tier character, just under admiral level. Marco is admiral level.

No way he was rolling around as Whitebeards 2nd for, I assume a good number of years, to not be able to tangle with the top dogs -- even if he's at the very bottom of that list.

Also Oda needs to stop showing such a massive power gap between the people Luffy faces, until he finally decides to power up and beat them. Doffy fight was like, "Why didn't he use this earlier?" and the beginning of this fight looked impossible for Luffy to win, but now Kats is getting flustered.

Yeah, Katakuri was quite a low bar. People mostly confuse admirals strenght because Marineford was thrash powerlevel-wise

You forgot Sabo, Dragon, Kuzan, Sengoku and Magellan.

No, Luffy wouldn't lose to Magellan again. Magellan fell to his knees after a fucking Jet Bazooka. Add in Haki, Gear 4, Poison resistance and Magellan is done. The threat he has is his super venom. But Luffy is fast enough for that shit. Magellan is strong, don't get me wrong, but the majority of it is his ridiculous fruit.

>People mostly confuse admirals strenght because Marineford was thrash powerlevel-wise
You reckon? I always thought Marineford did the Admirals some justice. Only Akainu got actually properly hurt and even then he was fighting against an enraged strongest pirate in the World. He was still up for fighting everyone in the Whitebeard crew even after he got beat down. Kizaru and Kuzan were seemingly in stalemates but we know they can fight for 10 days so that doesn't really mean anything. Maybe it's just me.

How are Sabo, Dragon, Sengoku and Magellan strong?

We have barely seen them in action.

But that's the point, isn't it? Luffy is slowly getting stronger and trying to outlast Katakuri in a sense. Katakuri is still as strong as ever but given the stress and the fact that his secret is out and his snack time got interrupted and everything is going to add up. And Luffy was able to tank everything Katakuri has thrown at Luffy so far so their difference in strength really isn't as drastic as people make it out to be.

>Marco is admiral level.
No way

>Poison resistance

Luffyfags are speedreader.

Guess you already forgot what happened this arc

>Add in Haki, Gear 4

None of that compares to Blackbeard, Shiryuu, and his entire crew

What is blackbeards power again?

>Sabo
Won the tournament and held his own against Fujitora.
Beat Burgess with one hand.
>Dragon
Just hype be we can assume that he is strong.
>Sengoku
He was an admiral.
Beat Blackberads crew and held Garp down.
>Magellan
Made BB and his crew look like jobber.

user, that poison was on a different level. Luffy literally build up a resistance because of Magellan's fucking poison.
>None of that compares to Blackbeard, Shiryuu, and his entire crew
What the fuck is your point? They beat Magellan after they were healed, remember?

I'm talking about the level of the fights in marineford being generally lower than anything post-timeskip, with every other guy spamming nigger haki, cutting whole buildings, and whatnot.

jinbe completely shuts him down so no, i don't think he's that powerful with such a huge weakness.

>Luffy literally build up a resistance because of Magellan's fucking poison.

Stop speedreading. Luffy can only handle minor poison like from Ceaser.

He can't handle Magellan's poison again nor the fish poison.

Even Sanji's sister handles poison better than Luffy. Smoothie as well.

Stop over exaggerating Luffy's poison resistance.

Aokoji froze a fucking tsunami that whitebeard created

>their difference in strength really isn't as drastic as people make it out to be

Well, part of my issue is how big Oda makes the power gap look

I don't take MF feats as the be all end all, if that's all your basing him off. I think the story builds Marco up to be very strong

Eh, I get where you're coming from but Marineford also showed how insanely strong those guys were. Even compared to today's feats. Akainu's meteor shower. Kizaru's laser shower, Aokiji's ice age, Mihawk's ice cutting, Jozu's iceburg flinging and stuff like that. Mihawk cutting that ice is probably as crazy as Law cutting that mountain. And the dude was literally just swinging his hands. But yeah, I agree that things would probably be a whole lot crazier if Marineford happened today.

Maybe you're right and I am just a speedreader. But I still think Magellan can't beat Luffy anymore. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree there.

>Powerlevel thread

So.. uh... when will Robin and Franky kiss?

>how big Oda makes the power gap look
That's what I'm saying. I don't think he is doing that because ,like I said, Luffy is handling everything surprisingly well. It's not actually just flat out stomping. Not with Katakuri at least. Maybe that's just me.

Magellan is stronger now. He fought Blackbeard and his crew and the fight was so brutal that he ended up converting a sadist prison employee into a masochist who wants to be his gf.

Magellan probably learned awakening by now and especially learned from his mistakes dealing with Blackbeard and Luffy.

Also, haki doesn't stop poison from being poison.

Luffy covering himself in haki doesn't turn poisoned air into becoming regular, normal air.

Using haki and touching poison, lava, etc still doesn't make it safe to touch.

About Mihawk: isn't his whole style based on delicacy? I don't think he will ever show effort when swinging a blade.

If Dragon does not have the strongest CoC out of anybody currently alive, I will issue a formal apology to Sup Forums. Screencap this.

Yeah, it's graceful or something along those lines. But to be fair, we've never seen Mihawk actually struggle. But what I was trying to say was that Mihawk was just casually swinging. As in, he wasn't using his full force. We know Mihawk doesn't go all out on weaker people. So him cutting the ice was unintentional because he's that crazy strong. I feel like I'm not making myself clear.

user, Shanks exists. This is a fool's bet.

You might be correct, I've been reading it on and off to let the chapters build up. I just remember at the beginning of the fight thinking luffy has absolutely no chance of winning

No, i got it alright. Kinda want to see him in a serious fight now.

I do but then I don't as well cause I feel like I might be letdown. I know I won't be because shit's crazy these days but still. That's also why I kinda don't actually want to see Akainu vs Kuzan or Garp vs Roger or any of those old fights. I feel like them not being shown makes it seem like they were that much crazier. It's weird.

Katakuri was definitely shown to be stronger than Luffy but Luffy is smart enough to know when he's outmatched. That kinda thing never happened with Luffy vs Katakuri. Luffy always kept coming back.

Shanks is the obvious powerhouse in terms of CoC. Dragon most likely has some obscene observation haki, as in moreso than katakuri.

Nope, Dragon has better haki than Shanks.

Shanks could not predict Luffy would drown and he would lose an arm over it or cover his arm in haki to prevent it from being bit off.

Meanwhile, Dragon's haki is so powerful he can predict Cipher Pol Zero's movements and escape before they can catch him.

Dragon can observe the future much farther than Katakuri.

And Dragon is always on the run, always training.

Meanwhile, Shanks doesn't need to do this because he doesn't threaten the world's power balance like Dragon which is why Mihawk can search for Shanks and find him goofing of on a random island.

All this Dragon and Shanks talk just makes me wonder what made these fuckers such a big deal anyway.

>We're just gonna have to agree to disagree there.
Such a thing doesn't exist. He provided some arguments and you have nothing. You are wrong.

Shanks is not like Kaidou or Big Mom.

Shanks is not that big of a deal because like Whitebeard, he doesn't seek One Piece.

Dragon probably knows juicy secrets like Dofla which is why he is a big deal in comparison.

Marines probably rank Kaidou and Big Mom a bigger threat than Shanks since Shanks doesn't actively seek trouble and is much more chill in comparison.

Shanks has a smaller crew too so I assume surveillance on Shanks is easier. Less names to remember compared to like Big Mom's 84 children which could include spouses and grandchildren.

I don't think you understand the difference between CoC and CoO. I don't think you even know that there are three types of haki. user, what are you doing?

You don't get it, Shanks has got to have survived as an emperor with something. Thinning down another crew with his CoC has to be his strategy since 1) we know he keeps a smaller crew than other yonko 2) It's within what we know of his capabilities. I agree with what you have to say about dragon, he obviously has some special observation haki because of what we know of his abilities(saved luffy from nowhere at the perfect moment and is shown to be nowhere near him).

Marco is now probably stronger seeing how he's being build up as the next yonkou

I felt like he was being built up to die vs black beard.

Is Kaidou going to job as much as his son?

Katakuri's absurd observation haki alone means in almost any one-on-one situation in a more or less stable environment he is virtually unbeatable except for people who outclass him in power, which with his strength being show to hurt even Gear fourth means very few.

Even if Marco is strong enough to hurt him I don't know how he deals with his observation haki.

Or just be better than him. Lets say I'm a chess player with the magic ability to literally see my opponents next 5 moves. I could still lose if they are that much better of a chess player than me.

That basically leads into my point: there are very few characters who can do that. It seemingly takes the likes of people like the Yonkou to deal his ability.

All you've said is that Katakuri can be beaten by people stronger than him. But with a whole lot more words.

Did I miss anything on this week's anime episode?

>Gear 4 was 100 chapters ago

some decent animation for once, though they reused a lot.

That's it?

>as strong as Luffy
9/10 bait

>SAPU BTFO! SANA WINS EVERYTIME
Powerlevels make me miss this shit.

>Vista fighting Mihawk
>Jozu Fighting Aokiji
>Marco going one on one with all three Admirals
>Fucking Crocodile getting a power boast out of nowhere
>Luffy not dying after a punch from Sengoku
Half of Marineford doesn't make any sense powerlevels wise

It's always just been a misunderstanding by speedreaders that Mihawk is powerful.

He's significantly weaker than someone like Moria, and certainly not compatible to an actual Yonko like Big Mom.

>Luffy not dying after a punch from Sengoku
>Not a single supernova dying to Kizaru
Why do powerlevelfags pretend that everyone fights at 100% everytime?

Kizaru was sent to deal with Strawhats. Everybody else was extra.

Had nobody contacted him by snail phone, Hawkins would be dead right now.

Had Rayleigh not infered, Zoro would be dead.

Had Kuma not committed treason, Kizaru would have wiped out the Strawhats instead of letting them escape with his Pushing Powers.

It's the extremity of observation haki and it's dominance that I was making note of, not just "guy is stronger than guy". He might even be able to at least stalemate people some of the people who have more power purely on the basis of future sight.

What? The only thing that doesn't make sense is Crocodile and arguably Sengoku. How is the first 3 points weird in any way? Did you really fucking think Mihawk could literally one shot every other swordsman in the world? Did you really think people like Jozu and Marco couldn't keep the Admirals busy for at least 3 days?

But haki is part of his strenght. Not everything has to be raw power.

I find this feat to be very impressive. I think Marco is able to tank an obscene amount of damage before he is forced to rely on his physical constitution when his regen pool runs dry. Before that happens though, he'll be able to fight at his peak unlike others who will probably feel the effects of battle much earlier.
Like some user said further up, Kuzan and Kizaru seemed to be locked in stalemates which they won when their opponents got distracted by Whitebeard taking hits.

With Marco being able to tie in with the Admirals at Marineford before the massive Haki boost/retcon in Fishman Island, it's reasonable to believe that Katakuri the champion of Big Mom's crew, could also compare to the Admirals.

He clearly displayed massive amount of haki and stamina and his ability to see 10 seconds in the future is unmatched so far. There's no reason to believe that Luffy would have a harder time against an Admiral than he is having against Katakuri right now. Otherwise we would need another timeskip because endgame Luffy will pretty much be one of the strongest man in the world.

Get a grip, Dogtoothfags

G4 Is admiral level

Luffyfags are delusional

Get a grip, Luffyfags

Akainu took on all of Whitebeard's commanders and won and would have killed Luffy even though so many commanders stood in front of Akainu

Not even 10 to 20 whitebeard commanders are enough for Akainu

>Akainu took on all of Whitebeard's commanders
He had backup almost immediately right behind and Akainu on the same ground and there's plenty of evidence in following panels that they were not assaulting him all at once, and that Marco was not even fighting him personally.

>and won
Headcanon as fuck.

Ao Kiji on the same ground

Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks, Dragon, Akainu, Ryokugyu, Fujitora, Kizaru, Mihawk, Weevil and Kaido's first mate are all stronger. That's it.

Black beard and Marco?

I want to believe the triplets are Kaidou's kids, but Oven's hair is orange and Daifuku's is blond. Katakuri's is red and Big Mom's is pink. It seems like their dad must be blond-ish.

I bet Marco lost his devil fruit after getting wrecked by the BBC(Black Beard Crew)
He's weaker now

I think they're a little weaker. Whitebeard Pirates seem washed up to me, so I doubt they really stand up. Blackbeard I think is more of a force of chaos than a legitimate one-on-one powerhouse. He's probably equal to Luffy and Luffy hasn't beaten Katakuri yet. Burgess definitely didn't look as strong as Sabo, for reference, even before he got his fruit.

>Blackbeard I think is more of a force of chaos than a legitimate one-on-one powerhouse.
>He's probably equal to Luffy and Luffy hasn't beaten Katakuri yet.
>Burgess definitely didn't look as strong as Sabo, for reference, even before he got his fruit.
Jesus fucking Christ.

>Blackbeard I think is more of a force of chaos than a legitimate one-on-one powerhouse.
The guy is a monster who curbstomped Ace, scarred shanks, brushed off a quake to the face and acquired the most destructive devil fruit in existence.

>He's probably equal to Luffy
How the fuck do you read One Piece?

Haki is like a suit of armor. If the opponent can't cause damage through it, it should shield from toxins and other hazards. Magma should melt a sword, but Shanks could block Akainu. Really high level haki can create a barrier that has some distance between it and the user, as Rayleigh, Sentoumaru, and the Admirals have shown.

Ace was a cuck. Luffy right now would curbstomp Ace, too.
>How the fuck do you read One Piece?
The real question is why do I still come here when you people believe retarded shit like Monet joining the crew or Katakuri being a Logia.

>Blackbeard
>equal to Luffy
What the fuck?

>Sup Forums is one person
You realize the monetfag is a universally despised shitposter and most people think she's dead right?

>Katakuri being a Logia.
No one has been claiming that since it was confirmed he wasn't. Considering even Luffy was fooled I don't see how this is remotely embarrassing.

No it doesn't.

>Really high level haki can create a barrier that has some distance between it and the user, as Rayleigh, Sentoumaru, and the Admirals have shown.
This was retconned by black haki.

We haven't heard of this ability since Oda and his editors had a brainstorming session during the timeskip break.

Is Luffy strong without his df power? He can't go gear 4 or any gears. Once BB touches him, he basically lose all strength. Luffy is no match for him.

Reminder that Doflamingo is country level.

I like how you conveniently managed to ignore that user's other points.
>Luffy right now would curb stomp Ace
>right now
bruh
>you people believe retarded shit like Monet joining the crew or Katakuri being a Logia
Nigger, what in the absolute fuck are you saying right now?

Base Luffy is still pretty damn strong. It's like asking if Zoro is strong without his swords. Plus he'd still have haki

>mihawk
what is this meme. guy is boa handcock tier

That's not the point.

How is base luffy strong? Everything he went through made him a stronger rubberman. He didn't put on the seastone cuffs and train his muscle like Zoro.

Powerwise sure. But Luffy can't hold it for very long, and admirals have fought for 10 days straight. Any admiral would outlast Luffy in G4, and since he can't even use haki afterward, it's game over unless nigero.

There's been plenty of examples of Luffy punching without stretching and sending people flying, breaking stone and stuff like that. Water 7 when he pushed two fucking entire buildings apart? All strength. Not his rubber. Sorry but you have to be stupid to think Luffy isn't getting stronger normally.

Hopefully after his fight with Katakuri, Luffy will be able to hold it for longer. The other problem is that G4 didn't do shit to Big Mom.

Badges for the top 30 characters

Zoro doesn't have a fruit. Why would that fucking matter?

Monet is going to come back in Wano and join the crew. Screenshot this post.

Base Luffy is actually weaker than Sanji, Zoro or even Franky.

Fucking Sanji would be considerably stronger than his own captain if he had a Devil Fruit. Let that sink in.
Jinbei is even worse. If he had a Devil Fruit like Jack he would be admiral level.

The difference between Luffy and Katakuri is Katakuri's level of perception haki. We've already seen how Luffy's Gear 4 is better or on par with Katakuri's armament. Luffy currently can't hit Katakuri due to perception.

I'm assuming Dragon is just Yonkou level, but because he's directly opposing the WG, he's considered the most dangerous. The yonkou themselves are merely trying to be pirate king which is extremely dangerous, but need to beat each other up before even directly confronting the WG.