Aside from being potentially punch drunk because of too much punch blocked by his face this faggot problem is that he...

Aside from being potentially punch drunk because of too much punch blocked by his face this faggot problem is that he only fight to please Kamogawa, he don't care about being strong anymore. He just want to prove to his old paternal figure that he can box, that's fucking pathetic.
Retire already please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9S50a4rStNA?t=1m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=trRIPJo-f5c
youtube.com/watch?v=d_kbC36JESs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he just isnt willing to cross the line. that's why he wont win. only monsters can survive past the point where he's at.

What line?

He is a fucking pussy, it's been shown in the manga.
There has been an ongoing theme in hajime no ippo of animalistic killing intent which was shown in Sendo, Takamura, Mashiba, Volg etc
Ippo is a fucking kissless virgin wimp fuck, he will never be able to become a world class fighter because he is not a fighter but an airhead.

Can someone explain me what is the logic Morikawa is following?

The punch drunk shit already had its moment before and was resolved. He had practiced and was ready for a comeback. Getting ready for the world, etc.

What sense does it make for this to happen now? Does Mori just want to end the manga as quickly as possible?

>potentially

>and was resolved.
Yes, right now, with him no longer being able to box.

This
Fucking Kimura has the potential for the world with how he fucks up Mashiba, but he doesn’t care. Same with Ippo, he just boxes to make Kamogawa happy

Basically this.
Takamura told Ippo that he lacks the "hunger" to win, he just fight because he likes the sport and is happy as long as he can fight.

And this is pretty bad because that is part of his personality and won't change, Ippo is humble, not a show off, doesn't care if he win or lose, dont have any pride to defend, no loved one cares if he keep fighting or not (mom and kumi), there are literally no stakes involded.

>You need to get angry and chimpout in order to get the asspull

This fucking series.

Remember Eagle refusing to hit Takamura's eye and only want to fight Takamura to ascertain his full power?
Ippo is him but without literally perfect techniques, power and physique. Takamura also make that comparison

What a fucking disappointment

It doesn't even make sense because Ippo overcame everyone's rageboost with his courage, and all of a sudden George starts writing that he needs rage to win. Maybe his beliefs changed because of his poor health he said to hell with yamato damashii because the power of spirit can't be used as medicine.

I've been rewatching the series, and surprisingly the OXYGEN meme dates back to the Volg fight. I never knew

Don’t say that about yourself.

It made sense back then.

But you don't understand. They literally say he muscles are full of OXYGEN. And the strategy to beat Volg has to block all the punches with his face until he tried out

>he said to hell with yamato damashii because the power of spirit can't be used as medicine

A truly daunting prospect.

Back then he wants to be strong, now he doesn't

>mfw Ippo fucks Kumi a la Baki and goes on to conquer the World title

I've always been a disappointment but this last chapter makes me look like a fucking success story

>ippos_dad_ocean_punch.png

>ippos_dad
oh come on, how about you read/watch the series before you shitposting about it

What could've been...

youtu.be/9S50a4rStNA?t=1m12s

yup the entire goal was to get volg so tired that ippo could finally start landing blows. In fact since the volg fight that has been the entire strategy of every single fight take enough hits so that the opponent is tired and then start the com back routine around round 5.

OP i had to face the fact too if they dont do a MASSIVE asspull ippo is over. They can still show some great fights from other characters and ippo can still be a character but the series with ippo as a lead is over.

Think of it like hiatusxhiatus where after the ant arc gon stopped being the main character.

hahahaha I have I'm still writhing over the loss

Is this the first case of the fans wanting a bigass asspull that wouldn't fit the story at all? Seriously.

>story filled with bigass asspulls
>why do the fans expect another one

>he thinks people are expecting one
It's over, user.

I think Ippo is projecting himself into Ippo.

I see a lot of George's health and career as a mangaka into the "can't draw straight lines with a pen" analogy

>miyata vs arnie
>buroddy... kurosu... heh heh heh...
>he bent his arm, miyata can't counter!
>miyata gets beat up
>miyata gets beat up
>miyata gets beat up
>-bent arm, counter neutralized-
The solution was to keep the punch going and make Arnie's arm straight? It took that long to do it? Why couldn't Arnie just do the bloody cross again?

no the solution was to punch with all of his weight behind it. He wasn't doing a proper punch. He was punching only with his arm strength

>I think Ippo is projecting himself into Ippo.
I think George* is projecting himself into Ippo

>it's as early as the osma fight that the coach fails to be a useful second
YEAH, HIT HIM WHILE HE HITS YOU
great fucking strategy.

To how many fights does this apply?

Almost all of them.

I'm rewatching the series. That applies since his first match

youtube.com/watch?v=trRIPJo-f5c

Who's the worse coach? Kamogawa or Shinoda?

So Ippo broke before Takamura then?

a little bit before him, yeah

won't take takamura long though

Why did they half arse it on the Bison fight about his eye? I dont buy the "feinting with the right" excuse

He'll be losing his eye his next fight. The writer just likes to do the "oh maybe he does maybe he doesn't who really knows haha?" a lot.

Kamogawa has some times said things so dumb even Shinoda thought he was retarded.

So will Miyata self destruct now that his rival/lover is a vegetable?

the only way ippo can end now is
>kamogawa losing the gym as everyone is disgusted with his poor judgment
>ippo is stuck in a wheelchair but can still talk
>ten year time skip
>ippo is strapped for cash and starts coaching

we boruto now

Takamura seemed pretty damn disgusted by Kamogawa, so he will most probably leave.

This was the weirdest thing Yujiro has ever done. Sneaking into his son's room while he was with his girlfriend and telling him his son better be strong.

How many big name boxers with long-running careers managed to come out of it not completely fucked up? Tyson avoided the brain damage but he was living from paycheck to paycheck for a while. George Foreman seems to have gotten the best deal.

>Tyson avoided the brain damage
Shiggy

He was like that before getting punched in the face, user.

mayweather, though there wasn't much of a brain to lose there

user please... That's actually moving...

Does Mayweather not count? Golden Boy still seems alright.

>though there wasn't much of a brain to lose there
>implying that isn't how mayweather had the unfair advantage of having extra oxygen in his muscles so he could play defense for 12 fucking rounds

He doesnt get hit in the face much

Oh so you mean boxers who face tanked but still came out alright? Does Tyson count then? He got nailed a few times but he usually bobs and weaves.

AND THAT'S WHY HE'LL NEVER CONQUER OUTSIDE HIS WEIGHT CLASS. NOW THAT MCGREGOR, HE'S THE REAL BOXER, MAYWEATHER WOULD HAVE LOST IF THAT STUPID REFEREE DIDN'T STOP HIS BRILLIANT STRATEGY OF BLOCKING ALL THOSE PUNCHES WITH HIS FACE

People remember Tyson for his spine-twisting punches but he's a great defensive boxer.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_kbC36JESs

It's not rage you fucking retards. Noone ever had a rageboost when fighting Ippo anyway except Sendo (and that was in their first fight IIRC). Ippo even explained himself what their drive is like and why he lacks it.

Sure you could asspull some shit like Ippo accomplishing the same drive through a different, more beta method, but as it stands that's not happening.

>The punch drunk shit already had its moment before and was resolved.

You don't "resolve" being punch drunk, you absolute brainlet.

The only way you can resolve CTE is death.

Morikawa flip-flips with plot-lines all the fucking time, look at Takamura's detached retina, he's been ""cleared"" TWICE and it's still obviously going to hit him at some point

Maybe the author actually can't go on because of his health, who the fuck knows.
I stopped thinking the author knew what he was doing a long time ago. Most of the plotlines he sets up don't ever lead anywhere.

>Ippo is still only 24 or 25
I thought punch drunkardness affected older people.

>no one ever had a rageboost when fighting Ippo anyways
Alfredo quite literally. Except it make him less effective in general

>only the real monsters can survive
>Takamura isn't going to survive

that's how serious this one is. He should have never been allowed back in the ring and anyone thinking he is going to some how come back and recover is naive.

Alfredo was beating the shit out of Ippo before his retard Metzli mode caused him to get BTFO in an infight with Ippo. Only reason he won was because he came back to his senses at the end.

Alf had all the fucking killer instinct he could want and then some, it was actually a bit too much for his body and mind to handle. But on the flip side you have Ricardo who is so mechanical about it he has room to grow pity for his opponents which lead to Date landing the heart break shot. Putting down a handicapped dog and aiming to beat someone in a match are two totally different things, and Ricardo was literally trying to put Date down like a dog, for Date's own sake.

He's not 24-25. His fight with Guevara was in 1999. He's almost 30.

Just 8 years shy of Ali's infamous fight with Holmes.

Threadly reminder that Date lasted longer than Alf against Martinez.

Wait Ippo's almost 30 in the manga? You serious?

Is Miyata still beating up on third worlders or is he getting some serious fights?

He doesn't fight every month.

He was 25 years ago. He was high school when the manga started (1990) and time merely slowed down for it, but always kept moving.

Date was doing a kamikaze strat right from the start to be fair. He had no fucking delusions about winning in a fair fight.

If he was 16 during 1990, then he'd be 25 at 1999. I doubt 5 years have passed dude.

This.

Like with Pacquiao, unless you're a supreme counterpuncher, fighting Ippo with an exchange will get you hurt. He has retard strength.

My bad, you're right.

Well yeah Martinez said Date was his hardest match (though that doesn't mean much)

Just imagine this mango was about an annoying in and out boxer like that.

It would be fucking lame

Dude he literally almost stole the belt from someone who was 100x better than him. It's quite an accomplishment. Like he had no business to even challenge him but due to his Mt. Fuji sized balls to take an Akagi-tier gamble he almost had it. Prior to that no one even knew Ricardo was actually a softie, they never lasted long enough. Hell Ricardo probably didn't even know.

being a "monster" wasn't alluding to getting super strong. It was referring to boxing while broken and mutilated.

Well he could have won at least. And not end up in a wheelchair.

It was also referring to having a mindset that hungers for victory, something Ippo never really had. All his previous motivations were mainly to fulfill someone else's expectations, like Miyata, like Kamogawa, etc. It's never for himself, and that's what Takamura was pointing at. Ippo is a herbivore, not a carnivore.

More about a needed psychological shift.

So who's faster, Itagarki or Miyata?

how was this supposed to work? the two loops aren't connected

YAMATO

that's no joke, the brain accounts for like 20% of the body's oxygen use

if Ippo can tap into that he'd be unstoppable

Remember when Ippo was simulated to be able to beat Joe? What a joke, Ippo is a mega jobber.

Joe gets high off of boxing like a mad man, so he would lose to Ippo or at least Ippo from a few fights ago. This is because Joe is like permanent Metzl mode.

So is the series over now?

DAMASHI

Ippo is going to have a redemption arc that mimics date's
Hes gonna get with kumi and shes gonna do the "you havent been yourself since you stopped boxing" thing "i know you promised me that you would stop, but boxing is part of who you are" and hes gonna come back and get his fight with miyata
They will probably both break eachother and end eachother's careers