IT BEGINS!!!

yahoo.com/news/gunmaker-remington-files-bankruptcy-024501891--sector.html

We lost, and soon everyone will lose.

Attached: ff102044b8864cbaae0d4b5d40817357.jpg (640x472, 18K)

they've been shit for a while, I'm lucky enough to have an 870 made before their quality control went to shit

I warned you yanks this would happen
ignorance and arrogance was bound to destroy you in the end.

The free market will sort it out.

They have had dismal sales for years. It has nothing to do with the Florida hoax.

why are news sites allowed to lie so blatantly?

Hahahaha I am one person who owns 5 guns alone. Get fucked retards

Remington is shit this is for the best

Attached: remington.jpg (1023x764, 154K)

If you don't protect your 2nd amendment rights you don't deserve to have one, pretty simple.
You've been letting the government take bits here and there since the auto ban in what 86? You love to parrot shall not be infringed and yet you let them anyway because 'well hey they're dumb anyway or nobody needs them"
Grow up

WTF mate

/k/ here

Remington has gone to shit and is filing bankruptcy because their guns are complete garbage now, big gun companies that are actually good companies (Smith and Wesson and Ruger come to mind) are doing great.

Any era of 870 will be just fine. Tell me, what part will fail on a brand new 870? The express has a cheap parkerized finish that is rust prone. If the gun is wiped down or kept dry, it will not fail.

Should I buy a Tac-14 for $300?

good remington went to shit

Attached: ufaggot.jpg (515x330, 134K)

One arms manufacturer among hundreds doesnt make you a limey nostradamus

whats your opinion on the min-14 or mini-30?
Thinking about getting one

Chill out Anders

Ruger is shit but not as shit as Remington

thats a pretty good advertisement for their effectiveness

Poor mans AR but it'll do

>auto ban
>86
Automatic weapons have been illegal since the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. So from 1930 onwards

Speaking from experience, are we nigel?

The comments are p redpilled
I think people are really starting to turn on the MSM for blatant lies now

Attached: 1521996779985.jpg (715x715, 102K)

How did the quality of unrelated parts of the company go to shit all at once?

This is from one of the few coherent comments from OPs link. Any truth?

“Remington’s bankruptsy has nothing to do the the Sandy Hook case or the recent Parkland shooting. Remingtons parent took on debt when it should not have, lost the military M4 contract to FN, brought out a defective handgun, purchased Marlin firearms (quality fell after letting seasoned Marlin employees go and moving manufacturing to Remington) and misjudging the market for the modern sporting rifle (i.e. A15). Poor production, marketing and financial management led a great company to this not mass killings.”

This. They’ve been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for years. This is what happens when you produce shitty products. This has nothing to do with the advancement of gun control movements.

Their guns suck, plain and simple.

yeah i'm not sure how widely available the AR is back home (NZ).

What's a good maker then?

Mini-14 is more expensive, less accurate, and heavier than an AR-15. I see no reason to get one.

I thought you could purchase auto rifles manufactured before 1986?

Remington has been in a downward spiral for years - their quality control has been shit for the better part of a decade. S&W, Ruger, and Colt are all posting record sales.

Remington is a text book example of PE loading up a company with debt to pay themselves.

They got bought by a big company that changed manufacturing to increase profit by cheaping out in the build a materials

Nothing has been lost. Colt Mfg, has gone bankrupt more times than I can count and they are still cranking out their product. Remington/Cerberus Group on the other had, I wish would completely disappear. They produce almost 100% shit, and should go away. They have been poorly run, and mis-managed for decades.

They were sold to Cerberus

Attached: remington UMC.png (600x608, 513K)

Extractor

Remington has had issues for a while now.
I'd go Henry with no compunction.

just found an AR-15 importer to NZ so might look into that. I just remember my old man having a mini-14 when I was growing up so I think there might be a bit of nostalgia

Yahoo! regularly gets blasted in their own comment sections over the B.S. stories they post, or that they post with misleading Lefty wishful thinking headlines. People have caught on.

The only es you can own an automatic weapon is if you have a license. I think it’s called a Series 4?
It allows you to purchase automatic weapons from a prescribed dealer, but the licenses get denied all the time

No goys the liberals are taking your guns away buy the guns

yes you can although getting very expensive

>Poor man's ar
>Costs more then ar
If you must have wood get an sks perhaps.

>Tell me, what part will fail on a brand new 870?

They fail to extract cheap shells you have to beat the stock on the ground to get it out of battery and they come from the factory rusted

Attached: remington rust.jpg (800x1067, 207K)

Didn't get that far but yes, that's entirely accurate.

so I don't understand, you said they were all banned after 1930? You mean after 1930 they made everyone get licenses for automatics?

Remington used to be the gold standard for firearms, with a reputation for taming the wild west and American victory on the battlefield, but they started making shit guns a while back and never stopped. Corporate thought that they could lower quality, save money, and relied on their previous reputation to make sales, but people that buy quality guns know shit when they see it. Remington was a victim of it's own greed. Hopefully it will be a wakeup call for American gun manufacturers. When I buy a gun, I don't expect to need it often, but when I need it, the fucking thing better work flawlessly.

Attached: BarronMoore.jpg (1776x1337, 904K)

The whole entire group is seated on polymer instead of the machined and stamped steal. Polymer eventually fails from repeated heat stress.

You reminded me I didn't shitpost on that article. :(

mossberg is better anyways

Attached: 930 spx.jpg (3008x2000, 635K)

This happened a little over a month ago- where the fuck have you been?

Yeah, serberus or whoever bought them in early 2000 really shit the bed left and right. All quality went downhill.

>Ruger is shit
I'm guessing "muh Glocks" comes out of your faggot mouth next.

Well, yeah because you retards stopped buying guns when Obama left office. Democrats are rocket fuel for gun sales.

Remington got bought out by Cerberus Group.
A group of investors that buy out companies, gut them for assets, and liquidate everything for profit.

Attached: 1512406112142.gif (666x716, 1.72M)

Half the parts are polymer and older guns sell for more then new ones.

Don't listen to AR fags. Minis are lovely

>implying Remingtons bankruptcy is due to politics
>implying Remington is a well managed company

You wanna know how i know you don't know jack shit about the gun industry?

>I'm guessing "muh Glocks" comes out of your faggot mouth next.

Pine Tree Castings

Attached: 1489121617740.png (400x480, 191K)

>Not as capable as an AR
>Poor mans AR

You need a class III FFL, have to agree to random search/verification by ATF, pay 10s of thousands of dollars. It is an epic pain in the ass. You also cannot transfer to family members so most firearms are held in trusts. It's an insane headache unless you were in it from the get-go 40 years ago

you dont require a "license" to buy a NFA item (machine gun, suppressors sbrs/sbs etc), youre just required to pay a $200 tax stamp, 6 month background check and of course the cash, a full auto gun can range from 3k-100k depending on what it is, pre ban drop in auto sears can cost 20k.

Attached: 1517976556521.jpg (1191x1162, 111K)

after they got bought out q/c took a nose dive
good fucking riddance
S

Attached: 1422029972562.jpg (1024x1577, 321K)

Looks like /k/ was there. Hilarious and true.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-26-01-53-39-1.png (1080x707, 136K)

I have an new production 870 and I beat the fuck out of it hunting and shooting. It feeds anything. But it is the magnum version which takes the 3 1/2 inch 12g shells

THIS!!

Manufacture of automatic weapons became very difficult after 1986. Private ownership of an automatic made after 1986 is difficult. It usually needs to be associated with law enforcement or military.

You can own automatics made before 1986 as a civilian but you need to have a class 3 license. This involves a $200 fee, submitting fingerprints, a more in depth background check, and your local sheriff personally signing off and approving it. Even if you pass all the other stuff your sheriff can stop you just because her personally doesn't like you. If you do get your class III license you still need to go buy the gun. They are collectors items and very expensive.

And you also agree the ATF can come search your home at any time and check you still have it. You also need to notify them months in advance if you plan on crossing state lines with it.

(((berg)))

afaik Sako makes the best barrels around, why would you compare them to that dollar store shit lol

WTF, no quality control on that. No wonder they're so shit.I could do better than that myself.

I'm mostly look at it as a varmit rifle but I also want something bigger to go deer hunting. Any suggestions?

>Tell me, what part will fail on a brand new 870

The mim extractor

Ruger is shit. Not even a glock fanboy or the same user. Their minis are shit and overpriced. They got into the game a way too late with their AR-15 as well. Are you one of those "muh 1911" fags?

They did get better after that faggot Bill Ruger died is all I can say.

ruger it top tier. I own a lot of rugers and never had a problem.

o how the great have fallen

For deer hunting generally people go above .223 in caliber, though you can hunt with it in most states at least. Mini 30 would be a good deer gun.
I would just look for something like a 308/7.62 nato if I were looking for a deer hunting gun since the ammo is pretty common.

nah Remington is shit. The gun boom under Obama brought lots of new players onto the market. Then when gun sales dropped there wasn't enough market share left to support Remington. They let their quality go to shit and the market punished them. It is simple capitalism at work. Survival of the fittest.

Good gun companies are doing great. I have no problem with a shitty company failing. No company should be able to coast on their brand name alone.

Ruger guns are heavy bulky cast budget guns that sell for premium prices. They go bang reliably unlike Remingshit but they are still cheaply built guns.

Attached: Ruger is shit.jpg (490x638, 96K)

Not 2A related, but this means the Marlin 336, greatest FUDD rifle ever made, is out in limbo.

The Hogg Curse is real.

Attached: 2XL6WQ8M_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Yeah I was looking at .308, just not sure what manufacturer to go with.
I'd mostly want the mini-14 to shoot possums and rabbits cause they get into my crops the cunts

For the nogunz ITT Remington's quality has been in the shitter since the 2000s since they were bought out by Freedom Group. They cut corners on a bunch of their manufacturing processes and now the new versions of the once-great Remington 870 rust if you so much as sneeze on them.

They'll probably get bought out by a more competent company though.

Attached: rustington.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

Tikka is just the economy line of Sako. Of course Sako is better.
Remington and Tikka are more geared at the low end so it makes sense to compare them.

Savage makes good cheap guns get one of them or something better like a Sako/Tikka

The mini 14 is shit buy an AR15

Queue predigged dis

The barrels at least are made in the same factory. You think they opened a second- slightly shitter barrel factory?

Attached: 1499947682268.jpg (600x585, 195K)

No.
And i'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Attached: 579111.jpg (600x761, 79K)

I'm not sure what you guys can import over there. If you can get russian stuff, a Vepr or Saiga 308 is a fantastic gun for the money.
I agree with what said for other brands.

>point

Attached: 1503497659631.gif (200x152, 397K)

i dont mind spending decent money on a gun that will last and be reliable so I might avoid the cheap guns

I own smith & wesson's as well but ruger has its place as a utilitarian gun. S&W is more refined. I carry a ruger super redhawk in 454 in a chest holster when in the wilderness.

Attached: toklat.jpg (535x307, 15K)

Remington went to shit when they bought Marlin. No way in hell would I ever buy any post 1980's Remington firearm. Nothing to worry about. Only sadness that a prestigious company went to shit.

The nice thing about an AR-15 is they are very easy to work on. Since they are so popular parts are cheap and there are literally dozens of choices for every part so you can customize it in a nearly infinite way.

Instead of expecting the gun to last forever with no maintenance think about how easy it is to find spare parts. Guns are machines like like a car or anything else. Using it causes wear and tear. It will need replacement parts if you use it a lot. Go with something that has a very large market and tons of spare parts for cheap.

>aussies
>getting slavshit

They will never know the joy.

Attached: rsz_20180321_200827.jpg (1512x2016, 630K)

>australians

Attached: hellooperator.png (1074x927, 1.14M)

>more expensive than an AR
>somehow the poor man's rifle

Attached: home alone.png (268x278, 56K)

wrong

Only the Leafs can know the joy of a vintage '54 Tula SKS. I swear those things just straight up vanished after 2015 where I live.

Ruger is more shit than Remington?

Attached: remington 9mm.jpg (1024x768, 153K)

>Half the parts are polymer
i dont want no sissy Mattel plastic and aluminum rifle. i'll keep my M14 thank you very much

My Mini 30 doesn't have a speck of rust on it and the past few months have been pretty damn humid. Ruger can into metallurgy unlike Remshit.