How old are the boomers?

Would 40 year olds be considered boomer?

Attached: 1521385654464.jpg (900x900, 228K)

Gen x.

Boomers are retiring now, they're about 60.

40 year old here

I'm Gen X

Have I been hating the wrong people all these times?

Considering none of these memes apply to gen x when I guess so

Boomers were born in the 40s and 50's. The "Baby boom" was from all the soldiers coming home from WWII and starting families. Almost getting killed 100 times makes you want to reproduce.

jews are garbage. you were right all along

1946-1965 boomers
1966-1985 gen x
1986-2005 millenials

Mid 1880s to early 1900 are the Lost Generation
Early 1900s to early 1920s are the G.I. Generation
Mid 1920s to early 1940s are the Silent Generation
Mid 1940s to early 1960s are Boomers
Early 1960s to early 1980s are Gen X
Early 1980s to Late 1990s are Millennials
Late 1990s to now are Gen Z (or whatever dumb name ends up sticking)

Isn't anyone born after 2000 gen Z?

Honestly, yes.

The only male SJWs had their peak days in the 80s and "feel good" 90s, millennial men had their peak during the emo 00s and nihilistic 10s. All the SJW stuff, all the white male hating HR, all your sociology professors, they're all gen x women.

The only flaw boomers have is selfishness.

You're a fucking moron.

Boomers are those born between 1940 and 1960. Gen X is '61 to '80, Y/Millenials '81 to '00, Z '01 to '20.

Yes. Again, you're stupid. Like, really fucking stupid.

And to clarify, hard dates on the beginning and end of generations is pointless. It's more of a blend and people on the ends can end up identifying with different generations.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the Atlantic this morning

whew.. i miss all the boomer hate by 2 years

Everyone older than you thinks you're a fucking idiot right now if that helps.

>Yes. Again, you're stupid. Like, really fucking stupid.
found the millenial

born 2002 and on

I'm used to hate. The more people who hate me the more I figure I can do whatever I want since people will judge me either way. No allegience to other generations or my own, only myself.

>Boomers are the parents of the gen-x’ers
>Called boomers because post WWII fucking made a bunch of kids or a boom to the population.

So yes, you are so fucking stupid that you don’t have common knowledge. You are also so fucking stupid that you can’t use a search engine or ask someone a question.

Awww sheeeeeeeit im a boomer! Thanks cunt for fucking up my day now im just gonna have to shitpost

The reason they're called "boomers" is because of the WW2 baby boom of all the soldiers coming back and pumping their women until they're pregnant. So yes, you have.

This is about right. Everyone keeps trying to lump me in to the Millennial group because i was born in 82. But I've been in the workforce for nearly 20 years.

What if I don't identify with any generation? My generation ostracized me and other generations blame me. I don't have the values of my generation and I don't have the view of the way the world is other generations have. What does this mean?

I'm 40. Is this the Gen X hangout thread? Let's talk Berkeley bands! Who remembers Fang? I'm seeing them on Tuesday. Who remembers Chrome? They played last week but I missed them.

Try having opposite values of people your age and being told you have to have the same values

And 60s, turd

no worries

I’m gen x but I don’t know anything about what you are saying.

I've dealt with that my whole life. Most of GenX had that problem.

>What if I don't identify with any generation
so, are you a viking or a pirate?

>40 year old tripfag
what happened to this place

>if I don't identify with any generation?
>If I don't identify with any gender?
Literally the same

I'm Millennial and have that problem and people in my own generation are trying to be generation police to me.

When i think Gen X, i think bowie through nirvana. And for some reason, Type-O bridges the gap with millennials.

>what happened to this place
it gets older as time goes by and so do the users

No.

Boomers were born between 1941 and 1961.

The youngest boomer alive today is 57.

Are you a whiney layabout who is still obsessed with video games and social justice?

Not really. Generation is a social construct. Gender is biology. It's socially constructed that you must have certain values because of when you were born.

Nope. Not a millennial.

Lol there are no hard dates for the me generations. You idiots need to stop saying this like its fact

>Is 40 old enough to be boomer
I swear, Sup Forums is getting dumber every fucking time I hit F5.

Attached: slowly becoming.jpg (312x560, 53K)

Spotted the buttsore millennial.

>Would 40 year olds be considered boomer?

boomers = baby boomers. people born after WW2- the early 60's

>listening to Kuck Cobain when I was 12 defines me as a person

This must be how gen Z feels when they hear a tide pod 'joke'

wow this meme is amazing and actually made me lol and angry at the same time.

I'm incapable of feeling collective guilt.

don't scare me m8, 54 here and I haven't even gotten a job yet...

How am I ass blasted? Do you know why generations are split into groups? Because of culture and the environment one was raised in, such as the post war generation, or the era of the internet. There is no red line to cross that separates each group. They're blurred, and there are no defining years.

Not into video games or social justice but can relate to the whiney layabout. Except my work ethic is 0 or 100, hit or miss. Either zero effort at all or extreme laser focused workaholism

The era helped shape who I am.
As a kid, riding around on your bike was what you did when the weather wouldn't kill you. We waited for sunny days so we could do that.
Video games were for shit days when there was nothing better to do.
When i was a kid, personal computers weren't a thing on a large scale. As i grew older, i went from a dos box to windows 3.1. The internet was some magical, unobtainable thing that my dad had in the airforce. I watched everything change.
It has nothing to do with one specific band. It's the whole package.

you have people 'between' generations, people who don't fit in their generation and people who grew up in isolated areas and we're left behind. Its not particularly useful, everyone will argue over where the line is.

What is clear is attitude

>Boomer
unfailingly loyal to the status quo. They think if they just work hard they will be rewarded and they constantly shit on everyone else for perceived acts of disloyalty. Success is an attitude, they perceive themselves to be the only group with the right attitude. They consider themselves part of movement that began in the 60's. They are members of that group and they have strong dependencies on each other. They are bleeding hearts for every liberal cause under the sun. They feel guilty for their success but they're basically narcissists. Their core value is money they feel they should adapt to values that are profitable.

>Gen X
cynical. Boomerisms did not work out for them. They are selfish and individualistic. They tend to hate themselves and don't feel like they're part of society, just surviving inside of it. They value things that will help them remain independent. Their core value is their own sense of integrity, they strive to adapt as little as possible are were thus dubbed "slackers"

As they age a bunch of them are turning into boomers though.

>Millennials
Children of the boomers. Started out as carbon copies of their parents, except shit isn't working out for them. Generation is split between people who stayed in the boomer mindset and those who dropped out. Most cucked generation yet because their own parents helped to ruin them.

>Z
Children of the Xers and older Millennials. They're growing up as a white minority in their own countries no one knows how they're going to act yet.

How do you explain people who turn out the opposite of the culture?

>The only flaw boomers have is selfishness.

This guy is a paid shill. Shills are the same as progressives- their main goal is to divide. They divide one generation against another, race against race, men against women, etc.

The jews destroyed american culture in the fifties and sixties by convincing the young that they couldn't trust their parents. The same thing is occurring right now because the jews have realized that they aren't going to be able to convince gen x and above to go with globalism so now they are starting a new campaign to turn the youth against their elders. that's a main reason why they are backing those faggots in florida and why those faggots are engaging in anti-parent/elder propaganda.

If they get started now, they'll have turned the younger generation against their elders enough that they think any democrat they run will win in 7 years

1965 is the cut off year.

after that and your gen X not a boomer.

pink floyd or nirvana?

You are touchy, aren't you?
I'm not disagreeing with any of your points. I'm just pointing out that the millenials are so screwed that half of them run from the label.

I have Asperger's and meet the Xer thing here but I'm not X. I was alienated from my peers at a young age. It's proof generations and attitudes are not the same.

And other sources say millenials start at the beginning of the 80s. Isn't this retardation fun?

An outlier? Derp

How am I touchy? You seem upset.

I am a millennial and I'm not screwed. And I'm definitely not running from the label. I fall well into the millennial category, based on my surroundings (culture/environment), and I don't really care. A millennial is one who has come to young adult hood around the millennia. I don't have shame with that definition

Your analogies are retarded, seachink.

Back when the millenials used to be called Gen Y, I remember reading an article that said if you graduated highschool before 2000, you were X. I would have graduated in 2000 but i dropped out in 99 and got a job. Since then, I've considered myself to be right on the tail end of X.

And what are we supposed to do? I can't change millions of people so my only option is only allying with myself

I'm so super upset.

Attached: EAT.jpg (1200x1178, 148K)

Good job. Come join gen x.

I was more influenced by the internet than my classmates or teachers

Take the fuck you give and toss it out the window. Generational labels only apply to the group itself. Consider yourself an outlier and live you life like it doesn't matter - because it really doesn't.

I thought the fangs singer, killed his girlfriend and went to jail?

Sup Forums was created in 2003, when I was 18. The minimum age to be here. I'm 33 now. You are on our site kiddo.

But what do you do when people don't allow you to think what you want? I just argue until they shut up

I am 40 --- life was not much better.

Boomers 1980's --- Hey we did not innovate after our parents got us our job -- Your job got lost to Japan new guy.

Boomers late 1980's --- Hey we played the stock market and your job got lost in a hostile take over.

Boomers 1990's ---- hey we signed the NAFTA deal and your job got sent to Mexico !!!

Boomer late 1990's --- hey we want to break in to the Chinese market so your job is being sent to China.

Boomers 2000 --- hey that Chinese thing sure did wipe out the manufacturing jobs, so your desk job is being sent to call centres in India .

Boomers 2010's -- Hey that China and India thing sure made Us lots of profits -- so we are going replace you with a Temporary worker from India.

Boomers 2018 --- I tell you Jup Jup these later Generations do not know how to work hard and stick to it -- I started at the bottom and worked my way to see this business a Multinational having Plants in China and the management in India. These Generations do not work hard like you temporary workers whom I have in all the north American operations.

That 20 K a year is a lot of money back in your home country right Gup Gup ?

Yup every white person under 65 does not know how to work hard.

Meant for

34 oldfag here. When are these kids getting off our lawn?

>But what do you do when people don't allow you to think what you want?
No one is stopping you from thinking about anything. When you voice it, voice it better than anyone else.

35 olderfag here.
Get off my lawn, ya damned kid.

No, 40 year olds would be generation x

You have to be 18 to post here.

I'm more outspoken because I grew up having to be 5 times more pushy to deal with hyper conformist peers.

You're a '95-'01 GenZ shilling that GenZ starts at 2002 because you can't handle the fact you're a GenZ. KYS.

You sound like a GenX goth.
Get yerself some black nail polish and some Bauhaus albums. You'll be just fine.

*moves off lawn*

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reads too well to not be pasta.
If not pasta, good job.

do you have discord? would be cool to chat

What are you if your 36? gen x?

He only served 6 years from 89-95. For some reason the prosecution agreed to a plea for voluntary manslaughter which is like if the fight is mutual. The only fact I know is that he apparently crushed her throat. So maybe they proved that he didnt intend to kill her but it was too late and she choked to death while he wasnt even touching her. Id love to read the grand jury transcripts. I cannot believe someone in her family hasnt pulled a Dimebag on him.

nope.
Sorry, mang. I don't do that fancy shmancy internet stuff. I just post on the fourchins with my electric net-brick.
Built it myself.

Bowie is/was a classic boomer artist (a great one)

hi every1 im new!!!!! charges mah lazr my name is ted but u can call me Anonymous!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 22 years old (i still live w/ my mom tho!!) i like 2 look at mudkip threads with my boyfreind (im bi if u dont like it gtfo) its our favorite kindof thred!!!! bcuz their SOOOO random!!!! hes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of friends here so give me lots of replieses! DESUDESUDESUDESUDESU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, 40s are Gen X.

Hey I wondered if you noticed this or if it was just me

Years ago the nerd outcasts studied, did well in school, got good jobs, and stayed away from drugs and alcohol and were optimistic.

Now outcasts (not the Chad or Stacy nerds) are dropping out of college, not getting jobs, becoming NEETs, and taking lots of drugs and alcohol to numb themselves.They're also very nihilistic and edgy which used to be a sign of the cool kids but now is a sign of the nerds. Also very individualistic and hate social norms.

Now the attitude that got you hated then gets you loved now and vice versa

Has anyone else noticed this reversal?

I'm gen x, and yeah, my parents had it better then their parents, and I
I don't see how I could ever actually retire, every so many years I get laid off and have to find a new job . It's not getting any better for you kids

>it's a an american negro faggot makes a presumption and is wrong like always post

>it's a an american negro faggot opens his mouth and yet again confirms the suspicion that americans have brains the size of radishes post

Attached: 1427293548988.gif (300x269, 903K)

dk are u a fed

Will the boomers, in their dying breath, give us the war we all so desparately await, so that those of us that survive, return to create the next generation of fuckup boomers?

Attached: churchill.jpg (1000x664, 85K)

Attached: smuggie-retirement.jpg (848x579, 68K)

It's also popular to be a nerd-tastic fanboy.
Growing up, only nerds and losers were in to star wars and video games. You'd get yer ass kicked for it, but we struggled through.
Now, its reversed, just like you said.
Everyone who used those things as a means of escape have now been pushed into real life, as our only safe-space was overthrown by netkids.
We've been unleashed on the world and we aren't happy about it.
Either way, the future is going to be amazing.

there NEEDS to be a draft, otherwise all the women will be screwing the scum that are too afraid to fight.

Nine times out of ten, the guy calling everyone dumb is the dumbest person in the room.

>Would 40 year olds be considered boomer?
lol no.
as young adults of the 90s, they had it much harder than we do now. i don't care to argue with anyone who disagrees, the 90s was poorer than now.

40 is Gen X. Boomers are 54ish-75ish.