>be ruger
>make .223 version of M-14
>no one wants it
>everyone is buying Armalite's "gook gun" made famous by the Vietnam War
>lobby massachusetts to ban AR-15s
>lobby to keep your mini 14 legal despite having identitical functionality
>succeed
mass.gov/ago/public-safety/guns-that-are-not-assault-weapons.html
>Q: Are there examples or categories of weapons that are not assault weapons?
>Yes. Many rifles, shotguns, and pistols are not assault weapons, and therefore are not “copies or duplicates” of enumerated assault weapons. For example, the following are not assault weapons under G.L. c. 140, § 121:
>Any Ruger Mini 14 or substantially-similar model weapon;
Pic related is a Ruger AC556, the select fire version of the mini 14.

You could put this next to a semi-auto AR-15 on a table and ask gun grabbers which one should be banned and 10/10 will choose the AR.

Attached: IMG_5852.jpg (3888x2592, 386K)

Congrats, you figured out that competing gun companies are involved in gun bans. You should see MD's assault ban, it's literally just a list of popular guns with an exception for a certain model of AR15 that needed a sales boost.

Would these selective gun bans effectively conflict with anti-trust laws?

Ruger makes ARs too now retard.

B T F O

They don't sell any in MA but they sell plenty of Mini 14s

As a side issue, I don’t understand anything about US gun laws, can someone tell me why on YouTube channels like hickock45 they are spraying full auto from everything from sten guns to full blown squad support weapons? How is that allowed if your at the point of banning semi autos? Cheers

I think Marco Rubio touched on this during that CNN townhall after MSD.
He mentioned that the Florida Assault Weapons ban that got shot down only covered certain models and that functionally and visually identical products would still be available.
It makes sense that certain manufacturers would exploit moral outrage to lock their competition out of the market.

you can get permits to have the crazy shit, you just need money.

Machineguns are legal in the United States. There is a tax stamp you have to pay, and you have to get permission from your local sheriff or judge to own one, but they are legal.

Since 1986, Congress has banned the registry of newly manufactured or imported machineguns. So there are about 630,000 machineguns on the registry.

Since you cannot register new ones, you have to buy an existing one, so they are quite expensive.

There are other ways corporations can buy new or imported machineguns.

These videos are made by people who have access to privately owned machineguns or the corporately owned ones in some fashion or another.

don't forget with the proper permit you can "own" as many newly made machineguns as you want since there are provisions for companies that sell to the government and/or conduct firearms research and development

Probably.
But panicked, knee jerk gun legislation is a hell of a cover.
Repealing it would be seen as being pro gun violence. Shooting it down like it was in Florida recently was seen as such.

Thanks for mentioning that. I said something about that vaguely but didn't want to say more since I don't know the specifics.
Well that would be fought out in court. Basically, Colt would sue the State of Massachusetts saying that it gave Ruger a legislated monopoly on the sale of semi-automatic rifles in violation of anti-monopoly laws.

The courts would overturn it then, so there couldn't be the same sort of hooplah that would sway Congress

Thanks. One other question, if they haven’t managed to get rid of real automatics what’s the point of all this new agitation then? What can they conceivably do about the semi auto rifles if there’s still 600k legal machine guns out there? Just declare everyone insane so they can’t get the permit?

>What can they conceivably do about the semi auto rifles if there’s still 600k legal machine guns out there?
There's roughly 300 million guns in the United States. If semi-auto rifles were banned, most law-abiding citizens would surrender them. Such a ban would not hold up in court, though, even if it passed the legislature.

Semi-auto rifles aren't going anywhere.

Most gun deaths in the United States are suicides done with pistols anyway. The overwhelming majority of gun homicides are committed with pistols as well.

>what’s the point of all this new agitation then?
communists cannot operate without a disarmed population

mini 14 and mini 30 is on the new ban list

>what’s the point of all this new agitation then?
Ultimately their goal is to ban all firearms as they don't believe average citizens can be trusted with guns. It's not like they're aiming at gommunism once we're all disarmed, they just honestly think that guns being legal is what causes crime and not niggers

I hate the way you phrased that. Yes, every law abiding citizen would hand in their gun, but there would be very few of those cucks.

Most people would hand in their guns. Sorry. Americans aren't that based.

But they wouldn't come anywhere near that close to getting all 300 million. I'd rather sell my guns to someone who would keep them before the ban took effect than turn them in.

>Most people would hand in their guns
I don't know any. Shit my neighbor is a felon, for stupid reasons, and he has a dozen firearms.