Kino no Tabi

Is Kino's Journey no longer popular on Sup Forums?
It seems like all the threads these days die out within hours of their creation.
What happened? I thought Sup Forums loved Kino...

you're thinking of

We still love Kino. The new show is simply unimpressive.

new series is pretty shit, lots of neo newfags here these days, the list goes on. maybe it would have been more popular if it actually came out within a year of that "rumor" in 2012. now its just getting the rozen maiden treatment

Every episode that doesn't directly involve Kino has been pretty shit.

The new show is the definition of boring

>neo newfags
is that some kind of excuse for you to feel better about yourself for being a newfag?

There's nothing to say that hasn't been said already. It's a merely "ok" show which doesn't have any of the draw of the original series. The pacing is off and it's rather generic. There's no new influx of fanart or doujins to create discussion.

I'm still watching it and I will likely finish the show but it's nothing to write home about. New Kino is cute tho.

rather emphasizing the new part since people have been calling each other newfags for a decade and theres a new generation of Sup Forums users

I like the new series, I just don't feel like discussing it or shitposting about it. Dunno why.

It just feels like the studio doesn´t know how to tell stories which makes watching the new Kino a bit boring. The only thing you can really write about is how cute Kino is.

Yeahh it is what it is, i have no opinion about it

>The only thing you can really write about is how cute Kino is.
That's so sad but true.

The new series lost some of the old series' charm, IMO.
Potato Kino's world had this desolate, dreamlike atmosphere to it. Kino and Hermes are practically alone in a used-up world, occasionally running into spots of civilization still clinging to it.
CG Kino's world is just a stretch of countryside dotted with ""quaint"" city-states. Kino and the other travelers bounce around from town to town, but never really get far away from each other.

Just look at the thread, it's mostly filthy secondary circle jerking how good the old one is.

And you are?

The truth came out that Sup Forums never liked Kino AT ALL.
They just like psuedo-intellectual Lain shit that makes them feel smart.

>What happened? I thought Sup Forums loved Kino...
All the nostalgiafags have dropped the new series by now. Only active threads are on release day of the new episodes.

Is Kino.... Kino?

I want to sexually impregnate kino

Get in line to get in line, user.

I really want to try Kinoyaki.

Shouldn't be too hard to make, although the the taste will probably be absolutely revolting.

You mean "impactful".

I haven't watched the new one yet, but I'm almost finished with the old one, which is amazing. From what I understand, the new one is a poor adaptation of the edgiest chapters.

Don't listen to the shitposting.

This feels like the same problem Gunslinger Girl had.

Morio Asaka has his distinctive take on the material, but then S2 came with some nobody

Every clip I've seen looked terrible though. Why is her hair green?

>Why is her hair green?
Why is her hair blue?

What?

What part of this looks green to you?

Okay, then why is it blue?

Because that's her character design, what the hell are you even asking?

No it isn't.

I think he's asking why they randomly decided to be different from the LN and original anime versions.

Yeah it is.

It is the same as the LN versions. The first anime adptation is a nonfactor is in everything.

The LN has pictures, user. She has brown hair.

No it isn't.

????

Volume 7

>HER HAIR IS THE WRONG COLOR REEEEE
We've officially reached a CWC level of discussion.

How can a design that is supposed to lack sexuality be so oozingly full of it

Volume 8

Shit, I'm blind. This is actually really annoying to me because (at least in the original anime) there weren't any dumb hair colors, it felt more real.

Is master virgin ?

Isn't it more faithful to the source material? That just means that the original stuff is as boring and not as creative as the liberties taken on the original anime.

Volume 14
In fact brown is the only hair color she HASN'T had in the LN as far as I can see.

Well, not "only" of course but she hasnt had brown hair.

Are you stupid? Literally everything was brown in the first series. They used a fucking retarded sepia based color palette and threw in fake scan lines.
Shit was brown and bloom before Gears of War ruined videogames.

YURUZERNAIIIIII

No

Are YOU stupid? There was plenty of color in the 2003 series.

user, did you not look at your picture before you posted it?

Truly astonishing, I didn't know there were so many shades of brown in the world.

Not really helping your case here.

Green and brown are my favorite colors.

I think you guys need to get your vision checked... Holy fuck.

>first row:brown
>second row:bloom
>third row:even the water is brown
>fourth row:even the lights are brown
>fifth row:the held back on the brown and put in dull green with a tint of brown
>sixth row:all the brown they could muster
Jesus

I think you need to go see a doctor user.

I mean, yeah the limited range of colors is a stylistic choice and there's some nice framing&composition, but I can't get over the lack of true black in the images. It's deeply unsatisfying.

The 2003 series looks amazing and isn't just made up of shades of brown, you uncultured pigs.

I prefer purple and green.

Shizu is kinda handsome.

It's a good thing the first series was digital, if it wasn't there would have been a shortage of brown ink in Japan that year.

Found a neat tool on in the internet, it says it's brown as fuck.

Not that it's a bad thing, mind you, Kino had a fairly unique artsyle and its color palette is one of the most important parts of that.

>threw in fake scan lines
They were for TVs with actual scan lines you nigger

New series is terrible.
Old series is better, but still pretty bad.
There's nothing to discuss.

>still pretty bad
Don't you have homework to do?

Maybe shitposting is his homework, the schools nowadays are kinda weird like that.

Is there any webm of the 1st episode bike scene?
It'd be good example of the horrors of poorly made cgi.

Too many

Are you one of these people who thinks 2003 Kino is 2deep4u masterpiece and everyone who has different opinion on this subject is a literal kid?

It's not 2deep4u (well, maybe for you) but it's pretty great.

Kino is so handsome.
I wonder when he'll decide to marry, become a father, and settle down one day.

I wish I had a jacket like that.

Not the yellow coat down to the ankles?

No
Not that. The black thing she wears. Looks good, probably would look as good in real life though.

see
Sup Forums was full of faggots who misunderstood Kino because of an unfaithful older adaptation. Like 2003 FMAfaggots

Kino looks good in everything, need to consider that. Looks like a nice jacket though, one of the few cases where it would be acceptable to dress like an anime girl.

I'd gladly wear the coat, but I'm afraid it would just make me look like a comfy pile of autism. Do people even wear coats anymore? I haven't been outside for a while.

I mean just look at that guy arguing that Kino has brown hair because of the "original" anime and then trying to claim it's the same in the LN only to be completely BTFO

>Do people even wear coats anymore? I haven't been outside for a while.

>Kino no Tabi
>it's not kino at all
What did they mean by this?

Like, are they in fashion still / again?

It's ultimately really darn boring and not in like a slow pace comfy way.
Everything is always very "one dimensional", obvious and on the nose or over explained.

It's been a long while since i watched the original or read the mango and i can't quite remember them but they had me hooked way harder than this.

If i want comfy, existentialism and adventure then Girl's last journey is far, far more relevant.

People wear coats but not coats like that one that she is wearing. It looks more like some kind of sports jacket than anything else, I honestly havent seen anything like it.
This is the average coat (a little fancy)

Wearing a leather jacket like Kino's would be perfectly acceptable in public as long as you at least own a motorcycle.
Pic related is pretty much the closest to what she wears except that her jacket doesn't have any pockets, metal buttons, zippers, or shoulder straps.

That looks weird. Never seen anything with an off center zipper before.

Have you never gone outside?

>Kino and Hermes are practically alone in a used-up world, occasionally running into spots of civilization still clinging to it.
That's an overinterpretation.

Its good for marathon watching, not so for week to week streaming.

There are two different types of anime. For weekly anime, you need something to get hyped about and some forced drama bullshit. For marathon watching, the show much be really good with depth/characterization/story.

>It's been a long while since i watched the original or read the mango
Try harder.

The descriptions in the LNs, regardless of the illustrations, consistently say she has black hair and blue-grey eyes.

That's beautiful.

The old show just had better art. Amazing how easily the vacuousness of a series can be exposed.

I'd say the opposite, the episodic nature makes it much better for viewing single episodes at a time. There is no plot connecting them, so you don't really gain anything out of watching in a series.

Also, I like to get a nice cup of tea before my Kino and make it a weekly ritual, makes it even more comfy.

That's an over simplification if anything

I really want to see more of Ti and Riku.