Hellsing Ultimate

Looking back, was it a good show?

I liked it, although I guess that doesn't technically make it a 'good' show.

It was good action edgefest.

Hilariously over the top, half decent musical score, great visuals, probably one of my favorite incarnations of Dracula...

Yeah, I'd say I liked it.

It was great for what it was

And very good adaptation which most of series can only dream about

Overthetop bullshit of the best kind.

It was faithful to the manga and the visuals were great, fits it's original artstyle. The tv anime was good as a standalone too. People have been asking whether other seinens can be as good, like Berserk or GitS but some went full monkey paw while others got the netflix treatment.

It's like a 99 per cent faithful adaptation. The only downside is the jarring CG used for the stuff like centipedes at some point.

The question is, is Hellsing still a story worth sitting down for in 2017, or is it too over the top and Edge?

It was a fun ride, that never took itself too seriously, that makes it better than the majority of anime for me.

It managed to be entertaining despite Alucard's egregious superman problem, so yeah, pretty good.

It was fun, but probably not good.

CG was an eyesore but yeah, I'd say it was great

Compared to what? Like i would accept such an answer if it's just something that is rather shoddy, but still entertaining to watch, but I'm getting curious now what you would consider good

I perfer the anime.

It has the best boy in all of anime.

Best part is you can kill him and he'll come back, self cleaning too

the designs and animation were great , the story was meh kinda ok

Loved the Major for being pure, unrestrained hammy insanity.

some of the most over the top, entertaining action animu out there, didn't treat itself too seriously either which is a big pro
who cares about the story when you have an army of vampire nazis fighting the catholic church on the ruins of London with copious (well animated) blood and outragous villains

my only real issue is that Alucard was just a bit too OP, and really should have died in the end

It was the best kind of edgy.
Made me feel like a 13 years old again, in a good way.

>nazi vampires killing babies
Yes.

>That flashback when he refuse to become basically Alucard 2: Electric boogaloo

What was his fucking problem?

He was too badass for his own good and he knew it

It was over the top edge that I liked. It was memorable and fun.
Alucard best vamp in the history of all vamps.

it was a full adaptation of the manga series, and very well animated. Yes, it was good. The ending was pretty meh, but there's nothing that could've been done about that.

he was a genuinely loyal and decent guy in his old age until he was granted his youth again. Then he decided he could take on Alucard. What a dingus.

>Alucard best vamp in the history of all vamps
definitely in top. Eldritch abomination vampires best vampires.

Yes and it had a good dub

The anime had better music but I enjoyed

>good dub
The BEST dub

BITCHES LOVE CANNONS