What are Sup Forums thoughts on Samurai Champloo?

What are Sup Forums thoughts on Samurai Champloo?
Am i the only one who feels depressed while watching this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9gHNbdS76k0
youtu.be/mAH7CLUmvhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's great, nuff' said.

Nigger bullshit.

Only towards the end, and the miscreants episode.

I didn't get what all the hype was about

Essential road kino. Not much to discuss at this point in time.

?

99% of Sup Forums would still benefit from a discussion on its parallels with Oku no Hosomichi, and the whole Edo Travel Diary genre it started.

Ending was bullshit. One of them should have bought the farm.

It’s my single favorite anime of all time and the only anime i’ve ever given a 10/10 rating to.

Better than Bebop.

well no shit it's depressing.
>Jin had to kill his sole childhood friend because he insisted upon takeda vs tojo ancient bullshit and muh killed sensei; and his waifu is a forever wounded soul used goods
>Mugen died like twice, all he saw here up North is garbage fucking people everywhere and it's about to spread to his island as well and his waifu is basically cannon meat just to perish in future political garbage, yeah feel free to join our ninja clan hottie it's time
>Fuu has fucking nobody in the whole world who cares for her. And isn't she, 14? or 13? What is the future for such a woman?.. to get destroyed with the rest of christfags? Brothel?
It's a bittersweet road movie, the more you think the bitterer it gets.

Enjoy your ban.

pretty much widely regarded as a must-watch

it does make me depressed in that the industry has changed- everything feels more formulaic than it did even 5 years or so ago

No moeshit has ever come close to it. Not even K-on!

Overrated shit. Just like Bebop.

My thoughts are that I need to finish watching it.

We need more characters like Mugen, He is the fucking best.

RIP Nujabes

Very good but some of the episodes were a little fillery and forgettable.

Opening is one of the best ever IMO, regular TV shows included

Shinichirou Watanabe's best work imo. Only contrarian faggots will say it's bad.

SHARP

This isn’t boondocks, Afro samurai or shit like that.

I can rewatch Samurai Champloo forever, I have to be in a certain mood to rewatch Cowboy Bebop

99% chance he never watched it. He's just shitposting.

Comfy show with nice music.

No shit Sherlock, it is polluted in Hip Hop BS

Fucking retard. Nujabes isn't wasn't even black.

Meh, I really didn’t like the opening. Although the rest of the soundtrack is amazing.

That’s what made me reluctant to watch it at first.
But it isn’t as heavy as the western/noir themes in Cowboy Bebop. Other than the intro and record scratch transitions that is.

What's up with all the Sup Forums tier posts recently?

youtube.com/watch?v=9gHNbdS76k0

started of pretty hype, got slow, then got bullshit/baseball, ending was mercy kill

I personally disagree. The animation quality fluctuated pretty hard from episode to episode, and I felt the final episodes were a bit slow.

Mostly I'm just mad that they felt the need to cut away from the end of Jin's fight for a flashback that basically just amounts to "If you really wanna kill a guy, let him stab you first then stab him back", was hardly something that needed a full flashback, especially during the climactic battle.
That was the most grevious example, but overall I felt the finale's flow was worse than CB's finale.

But my opinion that CB is better than SC is just opinion, you are entitled to yours

I can't even remember the girl's name anymore, but her interactions with Jin and Mugen alone make it worth watching and she's cute as fuck.
Nujabes is also really nice on the ears to listen to and fits well with the travelling.

It is better than Cowboy Bebop, but worse than Space Dandy, a 8/10.

Blend S memes brought in a fresh batch of newfags.

F

I think the best episodes of Dandy were far better than Champloo, but overall I prefer Champloo.

I still like Bebop the most overall.
I feel that Dandy's highs were higher than Champloo's highs, but Champloo was a more solid anime overall.

They are all great though

Fuu Kasumi

This
I like the theme of champloo more too, but the soundtrack probably has a major part in that

Just don't let her eat a lot.

Its has a gay ending, other than that its amazing

the wind

i get sorta sad watching it because it's so comfortable and because it's really nostalgic for me

You'll never be a kid again, and every year the colors are dimmer and the laughter muffled.

She slims down quickly within a few minutes so that isn’t really a big problem.

Me too.

youtu.be/mAH7CLUmvhE

I think it's more to do with the fact I found samurai, martial arts fighting and so on really cool when I was younger, so having a show where they're what my younger self would've liked but more "realistic" is a cozy nostalgia; also it's probs cuz of the soundtrack because nujabes always gets me kinda sad

>Am i the only one who feels depressed while watching this?

their stories are pretty tragic

The final episodes are definitely depressing.

dude that baseball episode had like all the best music in it too

fuck off tripfag

What are some other series like this?

I can't think of any exact examples in anime, but it was a popular genre in Jap literature for a while. I'm sure at least one has been translated. If you're willing to go a little off-script Mononoke is pretty close.

The interactions between the lead trio was really fun. People here will keep calling it overrated, and to an extent I don't disagree with that, but it does the whole "multiple protagonists meet up starting as enemies and become comrades during a journey" shtick better than most shows I think.

>a popular genre in Jap literature for a while
Oh, that explains it. I initially thought you meant that champloo inspired more anime series like it but I definitely don't remember too many adventure series like it. A pity.

Fuck dude that hasn't hit my ears in maybe 6 years.

Ah the memories

Why do Samurai's and Urban shit mix so well?

They're slanty-eyed cowboys

Japan back in those times were more or less what it was like in Chicago or any other predominately-black population: Struggling situations, fights, poverty, murder, etc. I know it's not the feudal era but there was some shit that mirrors what's happening in the black community from the last century and back.
Plus, Hip-Hop is universal.

Nujabes isn’t really all that much like mainstream hip hop though.

I enjoyed it. Cowboy Bebop is still the greatest Watanabe-directed series about a varied group of people going on adventures though.