Does Sup Forums watch anime at 1.5x speed?

Does Sup Forums watch anime at 1.5x speed?

Of course not

i watch at 3x

This meme needs to die.

>watching at anything other than 1x
>doing other things while watching anime
>ironically watching anime

>>ironically watching anime
I would expect this behaviour more from those fags that call every anime shit yet still watch 10 or more shows each season because they have nothing better to do.

No, but sometimes I browse Sup Forums while watching anime

Just imagining someone do those things makes me mad

I watch all my anime at 0.5x speed so I can savor it longer.

why

I sit really far back when I watch so I'm not tempted to pause and browse Sup Forums.

>>doing other things while watching anime
Why do people have issues with this?

Wow that is asinine. I had no idea anyone watched anime like that.

2x
480p
Shit bitrate
One guy voice over
On 4.2 smartphone.

What media player outside of Youtube lets you watch at increased speeds without also shifting the pitch up?

Answer: NONE because media player tech is fucking garbage compared to html5 web video now.
>no filmstrip seekbars
>no speed control

I watch Teekyu at 80% speed.

VLC

>What media player outside of Youtube lets you watch at increased speeds without also shifting the pitch up?
VLC

VLC lets you

t. retard

is there a way I can use the html5 player for local files?

>unironically using VLC
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>VLC

>VLC

This was actually refering to But it kind of fits

>unironically implying there's something wrong with VLC

Watching dub instead of sub at 1.5-2x so you can multitask easier

It's like people who do this care less about the anime and more about being able to be the first person to shitpost about it

>because media player tech is fucking garbage
Is that really the reason though?

Depends on the show.
I watch a lot of LotGH on 2x speed, it works well in long dialogue scenes with no BGM and not a lot going on visually.

>trying to fit in this hard

VLC is garbage but at least educate yourselves

>he doesnt kbow what reclock is

I watch at 20x, I can watch an entire season worth of anime in just 1 day and use the rest of the time to shitpost on Sup Forums about it.

I mean nobody watches anime for the anime anyways, right? It's really just gatekeeping to shitpost on the Sup Forums secret club.

>I watch a lot of LotGH on 2x speed
Fuck off

1.1 or 1.4 are okay, but 2x is too fast and vlc fucks up big time if we don't have dialog heavy scenes

you might as well not watch anything at all

It can't be helped. Watching on 1x speed just makes me zone out and miss half the dialogue.

Rewatching 2 times at 0.5 because I have shit memory.

I use mpv so there's no problems

I fail to understand this. Why can't I enjoy watching something while doing something else?

Take your ADD meds.

>not watching it at 1.25 speed

1.50 is too fast and it will ruin the pacing of the anime. 1.25 is the perfect speed, it is not too fast but it'll also save your time so you can watch more anime

because if you dont pay attention you wont know what happened
is that simple enough for you?

>mpv
Do you have to tweak the settings(reclock, pitch correction etc), or is it set by default like VLC?

come on now

theres a hotkey

Let me guess, it's because Reddit uses it? I mean I use PotPlayer because VLC has graphical errors on my computer but it worked fine before.

We hate VLC because it's bad. mpv or mpc+madvr are the only options.

wat

Reddit use crunchyroll

>VLC because it's bad
No, it isn't.

there is no issue at all if you know japanese and have good concentration, something no one here has.

4x master race.
It allows me to go through shitty series quickly while still giving me the +1 shows watched for the cred.

It's unoptimized trash that gives you artefacts whenever skipping around, needs to buffer like 1990 technology, and most importantly fucks up the colors. It's also slow to catch up on advancements in formats etc. and so you get dumb fucking VLC users crying about how their chinese cartoons won't play. Hell, for a LONG ASS time VLC couldn't even display subtitles properly.

But you're right, reddit does use it, because they're dumbshits who don't care about all these issues because IT JUST WERKS XD

I've actually done it for a few shows where it had me interested until the last few episodes, but it went to shit and I still had an itch to know what happened.
In other words I might speed up stuff I don't value much.

Who's talking about not paying attention though?

thanks for confirming that you're just spouting random shit you heard from other anons

Hate to bring it to you but it isn't 2010 anymore.

Pitch correction works by default

mpv

People that do that are extremely autistic.

>because VLC has graphical errors
Isn't that reason enough to hate it?

if you are doing something else at the same time, you are distracted thus unable to take in all the information presented to you

I don't use VLC anymore because MPC is working faster on my computer, but the only difference between them to me was that VLC sometimes lags on the start the video.

literally false, you'd have an argument if every single take was visually interesting or memorable and not still-frames with moving mouths.

(You)
>Literally using ancient builds of VLC to prove your point vs a modern version of MPC-HC
Are people really this desperate to validate their choice of media player?

what's the hotkey?

that would be true if anime didnt have dialogue

It's tradition to bash VLC since the olden days, also visual fidelity e-peen.

or they don't have all day to watch shitty chinky cartoons. this gives the working man free time to see his friends and get laid, faggot

1.75x speed is great to speedwatch through the episode and spoil 1x fags about the plot twist happening at the end of the episode.

Hinako Note was significantly improved by watching it at 2x speed. I haven't done it for any other anime to date.

Hyouka was always improved.

You lost me. Enjoy thinking you're right I suppose.

>doing other things while watching anime

I understand japanese so there is no point to be staring at subs all the time. It is not like half of the episode isn't identical frames or even slide still pic across screen moments.

>BTFO'd
>I am right tho

holy shit, mpv is perfect
thanks anons

@165454570
I said neither of those things.

>no one can understand audio

This, EOPs wont notice it until they learn Japanese, but most of the animation and movement in an average anime epsiode is just a mouth flapping on a still image.
Which is okay for watching anime with subs because otherwise you get cases like the Tatami Galaxy where theres animatin on the sceen and a voice over which causes subs to read.

Sorry, forgot to reply to properly.

I've said neither of those things

fuck off VLC

Same, I usually multitask when watching similar shows.

[ for slower
] for faster

So is just clicking to the end.

I doubt that you are fluent in japanese and even if you are you will get distracted if you are reading something else or play on your phone

>people unironically defending VLC

But then you might miss anything fun to spoil. Watching at an increased speed also makes it less obvious that you're only in it for spoilers.

MPC-HC and MPV also have speed controls

>MPV
It's mpv, no caps.

>Windows 10

It's Windows 7 with a theme but okay

>little pedo bait for faggots academia
moefags should be gassed

>165455805
(You) tried.

I use 2.0x speed. Both because I'm short on time to watch anime and find it improves the quality given that frames do not appear as jagged, motion is often smoothed and dialogue can appear slightly more natural (as voice actors often enunciate words and speak slower than real individuals to create drama and prevent the audience from being unable to understand). Sorry if that came off as pretentious and I can totally understand if you do otherwise, though its a matter of preference.

even the number gives them satisfaction. Just reply without mentioning the number in your post

To be fair you need a high iq to appreciate the subtle, smoothed humor that appears more natural.