Name the genre of anime that has produced the largest volume of unwatchable shit

Name the genre of anime that has produced the largest volume of unwatchable shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIS2gKQmRmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LN adaptation

Mahou Shoujo

isekai

Mecha

One bad battle shounen is usually the length of forty shitty harem shows.
So by volume, it would be isekai.

Mahou Shoujo.
Is this even a question??

Battle harems.

Give me my award.

Shounen [battle] shit.

Slice of Life

Romance

>gif
Do you consider PMMM the rule or the exception?

X school
X academy
X class

literally anything that's [stupid bullshit subject] that's then given its own stupid bullshit school specifically for it. Then the class is nothing but girls. All garbage. All filth.

However, this does not include Little Witch Academia, or Boku no Hero Academia. Those are two distinctly different things. An example would be this :
youtube.com/watch?v=hIS2gKQmRmE

Isekai Harem!

You're not wrong, but I'm not sure that "all the major characters are in high school for no explicable reason" is a genre.

For me personally it's gonna be Psychological Dramas of some kind, because I'm sick to death of characters (especially aliens, robots, spirits etc.) trying to wax poetic on the nature of "humans" but just coming off as pretentious first-year college students instead.

Pic related was really guilty of this. The bad dialogue dropped a 9/10 premise to a 6/10 overall score.

fpbp

Visual Novel

SoL, and you all know it.

I wasn't speaking against all the characters being in highschool, just that the anime is about a highschool existing to cater to a specific thing. I also get what you mean. There is nothing less interesting intellectually than some pretentious bullshit that the writers come up with concerning the nature of man being narrated from some random fucking super entity. Even though it was a joke in Samurai Flamenco, the whole sequence where it was the alien being a lecturing dick was boring.

LNs are basically masterpieces compared to VNs though.

Everything female targeted is pretty much unwatchable.

This. Shonan battlan' is an even worse plot substitute than ecchi/harem shit.

>I wasn't speaking against all the characters being in highschool, just that the anime is about a highschool existing to cater to a specific thing.
Oh okay. So like Asterisk Wars having a high school for battle arenas, Raildex having a high school for technowizards, and so on

Utena, Sailor Moon, Rose of Versailles

Romance.

/thread

Idols.

100% unwatchable shit. No exceptions ever.

Other genres can't compete.

Sailor Moon

harem

It depends on the time, last year the isekai genre released a long pile of shit

Also shitty LN adaptations with inconclusive seasons

Idolshit.

Not really. They just can't be adapted properly.

>Utena
Not female targeted, for the rest shoujo manga can produce gems I give you that.

>filename
Fuck off shill

Shonen. Literally thousands of hours of shitty characters and poor writing

>Not female targeted
Are you fucking high?

why not go the other way around and name the genre that has produced the largest volume of acceptable shit, my answer Seinen

Harem shit.

Seinen is not a genre, you moron. Literally all kinds of manga are published in seinen magazines.

Now that is just mean.

>no Yaoi
Sup Forums confirmed femboy faggots.

Card game shows.

CGDCT

Come on, Yaoishit is the best shit

How are there so many people on Sup Forums who don't know what a genre is? Anyway, most horror anime is garbage.

Shounen, easily

Fate/....

Pottery.

>genre
waste of trips

horror, because most anime "horror" is just badly written thrillers that use gore as a shock tactic; it's surprising that even low budget j-horror manages to be more creepy/scary, though that's probably because it's live-action

It has to be newfags or trolls, we've covered this so many times.

My nigga

Fate/... Isn't a genre you mean Visual Novels

Visual Novels are not a genre either

The horror genre itself is mostly garbage in the first place so that doesn't say much.

>Visual Novels
aren't a genre, they're a medium. It's like if "anime" were your answer-- which is probably the only correct answer in this thread.

Hentai

For sheer mass it's gotta be ecchi comedy. Eiken, Dokuro-chan, Master of Martial Hearts, Ai Yori Aoshi, Rosario to Vampire, Debutante Detective Club just as a start.

all of these

what is a genre?

It's the level of categorization in between IP and Medium. Comedy, Romance, Adventure, etc.

this was a super faithful adaption of a really old manga... give it a break for being a bit cliched at points as it predates a lot of things being overused

Fantasy action specifically

In all mediums of storytelling fantasy tends to attract the most talentless,uncreative, hack writers that just vomit out garbage

Get fucked by a horse, you son of a bitch.

duurrrrrrrrr hughhhhhhhhhhh commercials ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That is because it is popular, they tend to be easy to write because fantasy fans care more about worldbuilding and escapism rather than the actual quality of the story, and a lot of said fans are looking for more of the same hence why LOTR gets re-written and popular again every couple of years
or why Warcraft is such a popular setting when it has been pulp saturday morning cartoon-tier since 3

the harem comedy?

Is there a name for any anime set in a high school? Considering that covers 95% of all anime ever made it has by far the most shit as well.

Harem. I can't believe there's an actual debate going on about this when the answer is painfully obvious.

>tfw I started watching Gundam because of Gunpla

Name three unwatchable mahou shoujos.

This Academia thing is going to get way out of hand, mark my words.

Parasyte was great, fuck off.

>Posts woman from quasi harem
user...

Did I say that I didn't like it?

>it's too scary for me so it's bad

Never got that, none of them except for Misato actually like him and even then she's just a tease

Isekai.

>Seinen
>Genre

Anything that involves high school aged characters or younger

These are correct

these aren't

Harem without a doubt, It may not be a genre anymore but a genre modifier but that means it infects even more shows

CGDCT

That's not genre

he probably thinks gundam is the only mecha show out there.

It absolutely is.

shonen