Blue Exorcist/Ao No Exorcist

>Rin breaks the law to break Yukio out of prison
>Yukio turns around and decides to join the Illuminati
>Rin tries to stop him
>Yukio shoots Rin in the face

What a cunt

I haven't read this manga in like two years. What the fuck is going on? Did Yukio become the Sasuke of the series?

Pretty much.

> Did Yukio become the Sasuke of the series
>become
he was whining since episode 1. what are you surprised about?

yes, not only that, he has like on billion chapters dedicated to develop his shitty character

consider that this shit is monthly, you flip a coin and pray is not another yukio chapter

Oh, also this happens

He is a roiling ball of self and familial hatred.

Rip Rin's sword
>Become
user, this has been coming for years

I hope he doesn't stop wearing glasses because Satan eyes now, that's the only likeable part of him left. As much as I relate to his fucked up mental state

I'm several chapters behind, but more or less. Turns out that Yukio's issues include him being a bit jealous of Rin's powers, and when Yukio got a hint he might have some of his own, he went edgelord and started risking himself and attempting to hurt himself in an effort to awaken his powers. With the Illuminati both encouraging him and attempting to recruit him. His efforts finally paid off in the last chapter or so apparently, though he's become a huge jackass in the process.

Ironically enough, the time that actually triggered it was him just trying to kill himself

Its Bout time. You can't have Anime brothers without one of them being an asshole

Well it didn't help that hte only person in the world who would get what he's going through is Rin. And when he starts to open up about wanting to know more about where they come from Rin doesn't get the hint and just says he doesn't care. This was just one of hte several little things in the series of poorly timed conflicts that were just capstoned by Mephisto being a massive dick when he asked him point blank for answers.

Also come on this was coming since Todou

I hate Yukio so much. This manga would be so much better without him.

Rin gets the hint just fine, he just doesn't share the same curiosity about his past as Yukio does.

Rin is more content with who he is than Yukio is, so he doesn't feel the need to dig deeper for answers.

Except he's so used to thinking Yukio has everything figured out he doesn't consider that Yukio might feel differently. It's not his fault, but he had an opening to empathize and missed it.

End this arc already, Kato, no one cares about fucking Yukio being a little bitch for another chapter.

Yukio's always been an asshole though. He's treated Rin like shit since the series began because his entire character revolves around being jealous and resentful towards Rin over the circumstances of their birth.

Man, I remember watching this a year ago and how much Rin in the 1st anime would not accept his brother being an edgelord asshole. You mean to tell me after several times Rin confirming no matter what he's always got Yukio's back the guy just couldn't get past his jealousy anyway? Is this about Shimi,too?

>no one cares about fucking Yukio
He's the most popular character in the series and the most interesting

wait, is this still going? I thought it was axed a long time ago

The first anime hardly even got into Yukio's character arc. His arc didn't really properly start til the arc AFTER where the first anime stopped.

Yukio is worst boy
Rin fucking Shiemi when

>fuckin Amaimon is number 2
I still don't understand how
>Boobenstein isn't even in the top 10
nyet

>Want to write a story about sibling rivalry contrasting talent with hard work
>Make the younger brother an insecure, resentful asshole
>As a relatively major character, his character arc can't be resolved within the first couple of arcs and needs to be paced out for the long term.
>Give him no development and just keep stringing the story along forever with him as an insecure, resentful asshole

>Rin in 3rd
Two nukes were not enough. Rin is the epitome of moe and Japan doesn't deserve him.

I don't read the manga but I have a feeling it's going to end with yukio somehow being the new and then rin somehow sealing him and his brother together and closing the door to hell or something.

The first anime barely covers any of the manga now, you got a lot to catch up.

>Yukio goes evil
>Rin saves him
>End
It's really sad how writing went to shit.

I think I dropped when eyebrows proved herself to be best girl on the train, cause I knew there she was not gonna win and any other scene with her would salt on the wound, the love intrest is shit and only serves to be "hey rin has a love intrest" she doesn't even feel like shes part of the story.

Now we just need Eyebrows to show up and comfort Rin and the circle will be complete.

>Now we just need Eyebrows to show up and comfort Rin and the circle will be complete.
Shiemi is endgame.

>giving best girl to worst boy
no he can have plant girl though.

I hope Eyebrows is endgame. I also hope Shima sides with the Illuminati when it all comes down to it.
But I doubt either of those things will happen

Shiemi is trash.

>Rin
>worst boy
Shut your whore mouth

Im sorry I was blinded by rage I thought it was yukio

>Izumo
>Best Girl
No, that would be Shura. Shura x Rin.

Shiemi spends half of her appearances chastising Rin for not getting along with Yukio even though Yukio's the one being an unreasonable tool. She and Yukio can have each other.

Her dream is to be DP'd by both

what's with japan and their bully apologist culture?
>naruto
>deku
>rin
like what the hell?

What if Rin and Yukio both turn into wolves before fucking her?

>I still don't understand how
He's very cute and very eccentric (the shoujo prince kind).
The type that does whatever he wants in a non-crude way; with, of course, his older brother's permission.
Also, his VA in the anime fits him perfectly.

I mean Yukio is clearly in the wrong here. They aren't even trying to portray rin as wrong.

She also spends more time crying about wanting to be friends than actually doing supportive friend things. It kills me to know she's the designated Main Girl and Eyebrows is sidelined.

>You can't have Anime brothers without one of them being an asshole
I didn't see Edward or El being one though at the end.

Ed was an asshole from the word go, so that helps

Rin is boring as fuck

>It's really sad how writing went to shit.
The writing has always been shit because the mangaka doesn't know how to commit. This shit with Yukio is the most interesting thing to happen in the manga since pink hair's betrayal

Here's a protagonist perfect for you. He's good at everything, has a hot older girlfriend and everyone likes him

Ed was a huge fucking asshole. His love for Al was the only redeeming quality of him. Yukio is just an asshole who despises his brother for having a better life than him so he comes off as unlikable.

>The writing has always been shit
Yes.

not that user, but I remember liking shiemi in her first appearance
>Ed was a huge fucking asshole.
with good reason but he wasn't unlikable.
>yukio is just an asshole who despises his brother for having a better life than him
wasn't he the one who wanted to train to become a priest?

Ed and Yukio is almost the same except for the latter having no affections towards his brother and also no redeeming features aside from being an ikemen megane character.

>for having a better life than him
In a situation where his brother was clearly handed the shorter stick in life, but makes up for it by having a good attitude. If Rin had sulked as much as his brother I image they would have executed or imprisoned him ages ago.

You just can't feel sympathetic for Yukio throwing tantrums over this.

And you could feel sympathetic for Shima being an asshole traitor? Or Izumo being a bitch who refused to get close to anyone?

>who despises his brother for having a better life than him so he comes off as unlikable.
Rin would like that, especially on the whole duration of his childhood.
In the end, it all comes down to Yukio also wanting to become a special snowflake like his brother without looking at the greater pile of suffering it comes with.

I really Ao sets itself apart by imprisoning yukio after this is over.

user, I'm pretty sure we are entering endgame here.
Hell is spreading across the earth right now.

then I hope he dies, and rin gets izumo.

Sure, because both of them still demonstrate that they give a shit about their friends and family. Yukio started out seeming like that kind of "loves them deep down" character, but the longer this drags out the more time he builds up as being nothing but a ball of insecurity and jealousy.

She's still endgame.

>the one who lost being smug about being endgame
?

>a good girl like Shura will get shoved onto Yukio and a shit girl like Shiemi will get shoved onto Rin

Why would be jealous of not being the anti christ? What's his power anyway?

>it all comes down to Yukio also wanting to become a special snowflake
It's funny because if Yukio actually thought about it he'd realize he's jelly of Rin's optimism and mental strength, not the flashy super powers.

>thinking im a marikafag because of a reaction image

Izumo was at least grateful for Rin saving her early on, and had the decency to continue to treat him like a human being after it was revealed he was the son of Satan, while even Shiemi was terrified of him.

Shima's less sympathetic, but we do see him kind of in the shadow of his family, as well as being kind of shit on by them, particularly his dad. It makes sense that he'd be resentful, and that he'd jump at the chance to be a double agent.

Yukio's just been resentful of Rin for things Rin had no control over, and more and more of a dick towards Rin simply because Rin's tried to remain optimistic and make the most of his circumstances instead of turning into the same sort of brooding, overly serious guy as Yukio.

He was always a cunt. He probably thought his adoptive father liked Rin better

Yes but it was out of a need to be special like his foster father so he worked his ass off while Rin lived a carefree life up until Shiro's death.
Rin was fucking spoiled as a child while Yukio gave up his childhood. Yukio hating Rin is the most interesting aspect of his character because it shows that the loving brother image he held on to was just a facade.
Man Shima is just a faggot traitor he doesn't try to hide that fact despite his relationship with Bon and Konekomaru and doesn't expect them to forgive him for it. Izumo took a while to break out of her shelf but she was really mean to the cast in the beginning for no reason.

Though unfortunately he's a megane chara.
So, rogikku > kimochi

fucking megane just can't make his older brother happy. what a piece of shit.

>with good reason but he wasn't unlikable.
He was a little man angry at the world almost akin to an edgy teen without trying to be deep or insightful with his harsh words but he essentially had to grow up at a young age to take care of Alphonse. Yeah he wasn't unlikable not in the slightest but he was still an asshole.
>wasn't he the one who wanted to train to become a priest?
Yes because he wanted to be useful for Shiro knowing that Rin had to live his life with no knowledge of being the son of Satan and he does blame Rin for robbing him of his childhood because of it.

>Yes but it was out of a need to be special like his foster father so he worked his ass off while Rin lived a carefree life up until Shiro's death
So? it was still his decision. he can't get mad later at rin for living his carefree life.
>Rin was fucking spoiled as a child while Yukio gave up his childhood. Yukio hating Rin is the most interesting aspect of his character because it shows that the loving brother image he held on to was just a facade
yukio would have been jsut as spoiled. my god you sound like a yukio apologist.

Didn't it turn out that their dad was a clone or something?

No shit, that's the problem. She's pure garbage on her own, and is even worse when you have a character like Izumo to compare her to.

>a good girl like Shura
She's a fucking slut

>wasn't unlikable not in the slightest but he was still an asshole
so where this comparison coming from?
> he does blame Rin for robbing him of his childhood because of it.
>make a decision to become like faster dad
>oh no this sucks, this is all rin's fault
what?
ok you're definitely a yukio apologist.

>Putting Izumo on the same level as those two faggots

>he can't get mad later at rin for living his carefree life.
>Spend years trying to protect faggot brother from turning into Satan
>Faggot brother still does despite warning him
>Faggot brother acts carefree about everything never taking his predicament seriously
>Wonders why he hates him
Rinfag pls
>yukio would have been jsut as spoiled.
Shiro specifically stated that Rin needed to be kept in the dark about his lineage

she wants to settle down now. Went to a dating party and everything

Yukio said he wanted to be special like his dad and Rin. He deserves being unhappy

I'm not even a rinfag.

>Realize your actions got your adoptive dad killed
>Have to deal with that guilt
>Your brother doesn't try to help you through your guilt
>Have to hide what you really are or else your only friends will hate you
>It all comes out and they hate you
>Your brother can only be a smug jackass about it
>You reach suicidal lows
>Your brother has no time for you, and can only rub your failure in your face
>You save the day and find peace with what you are
>Your brother punches you in the face and tells you you are wrong

Nah, Yukio is kinda a faggot

>while Yukio gave up his childhood.
That was totally his choice, though. Rin also wants to be an exorcist by his own free will, but unlike Yukio he would be dead or a fugitive if he didn't.

I'll give you that the bit about him lying to himself about his motives is moderately interesting, but Yukio choosing to become an exorcist to get daddy's attention, then blaming it on Rin makes him unlikable as fuck.

I think when you boil everything down it's purely a matter of Yukio not showing any love towards his brother. People would normally forgive a lot as long as a character still likes other people (that's a pretty common technique when you want to make a likeable villain, right?). Eyebrows was an awesome friend as early as that train scene and clearly cares about her little sister, and even Shima is taking risks to watch out for Bon.

>hot headed mc gets best girl
Fuck off.

Sluts need love too. In fact, they need more love than non-sluts.

Izumo > Shiemi > Shura

Hardly any threads on this. Did the manga fk up and lose popularity?

Well, Sasuke was also the most popular. Japs love the "2cool4school" characters, you always see the easiest to self insert characters win popularity polls.

It's a monthly manga. There was a horrendous amount of filler after the impure king, by the time it got to best girl's arc no one was reading it anymore. People still ask what happened to Izumo when they see her fox demon form.

I seriously want Shura to fuck Rin in a moment of weakness, like what happened in Garo.

Wait, I haven't read this manga in like a year. She can transform now?

Why is Yukio edgy now?

>now

>now

Oh, so just that one moment? She didn't get a powerup from that?

Nope

She was possessed for a bit(to protect her little sister). It was a good arc, introduce a main antagonist gave best girls back story along with the 40 layers of Shimas keikaku.

Well he wasn't this bad before. He used just be a no nonsense character