So when do we stop pretending any of the shit shows in this chart are any good, Sup Forums?

So when do we stop pretending any of the shit shows in this chart are any good, Sup Forums?

when it stops being good

Do you guys like anime?

There were never good you delusional weeb ignoramus.

>fujoshit number 1
not even going to bother reading the rest

Sure, if you remove the SHAFT trash.

Some people actually like anime, and aren't ironic weebs who watch one or two meme shows a season, and then shitpost about them for hours on end.

fpbp tbqhf

I like good anime which 99% are not. It very much bothers me when people watch generic by the numbers TV and pretend it's artistically exceptional and groundbreaking for the medium,

Tell us all about your tastes.

acca13 was shit
lwa was good,with a few fails. maid dragon was really good, beside those chapters were they were trying to force drama

miA was AOTY without including sequels

How come Kino's Journey isn't on there?

>I like good anime which 99% are not

>kino journey isnt
>LWA is
>MIA that low
Bravo

>Rakushit
Not after that awful final episode

Why are you reposting that one faggot's shitty chart as if it's representative of anyone's taste but his own?

>Soyboy

>normalfags still blown out over some age-gap
It's like you haven't even read a manga before.

its a shitty plot twist that would only be made by a hack fujoshi. shoujo/josei writers can never write a story without inserting some retarded melodrama at some point, its like a disease

It wasn't melodramatic though. Melodrama doesn't just mean any dramatic turn of events. It means people reacting to minor or unimportant events in an overly-emotional way. Like in high school shows when the characters get moody about losing friends, that's melodrama. Mourning the death of a lover and a man who is like your brother is just drama.

It's a soap opera plot twist that is completely inconsistent with characterization up to that point. It was inserted for the sake of creating drama, nothing else. Shoujo/josei writers can't help themselves from watching soap operas all day, at least no one in Rakugo randomly got hit by a car.

>is completely inconsistent with characterization up to that point
Did you watch the show? The first season ends with Yakumo apologizing to Miyokichi for what he'd done. He was projecting his unfulfilled love for her onto Konatsu.
>It was inserted for the sake of creating drama, nothing else
No, it was inserted to further the show's themes about artistic tradition and lineage, as well as create healing for the broken relationships of the former generation. Yotarou's relationship with Konatsu, and their children are the final resolution to the former generation's suffering and loss.
It means that the last great performers of the precious era of art will live on in the next.
It was beautiful actually.

*previous era of art

>acca13 was shit
>lwa was good
Ahahahahah

Yeah it's great that Kikukiho and Konatsu completely hid their "love" and relationship from Yotarou, especially when Yotarou fucking proposed to her and Kikuhiko didn't say shit about it. A real nice healthy relationship these people have.

The mangaka probably thought at the very last second the exact way you did about some stupid ideal like "merging the bloodlines", and added it into the story at the very last second without thinking about how it fucks up the show's characterization.

I'm not going to argue with you. It was clearly foreshadowed through the whole series and the characterizations were consistent the whole time. As far as "thinking about it at the last second," you have no evidence for that, and it was well integrated into the narrative thematically.
It's also suggested Yotaro knew, and part of his reason for raising Shinnosuke was his affection for both Konatsu and Kikuhiko. Also, fuck you if you didn't find the moment between Yotaro and Shinnosuke backstage in the last episode to be one of the most heartwarming and fulfilling resolutions to narrative drama you've ever seen.

You can see the inner workings of Kikuhiko's mind throughout the entire show.
The entire focus of the penultimate episode is about him trying to move on from the sins of his past life, and not once it is even remotely foreshadowed that he feels the slightest speck of conscience for not telling Yotarou about the true identity of his son. For a show that tries to establish these characters as becoming a de facto family, for two of them to be hiding something so huge and not even giving a fuck about it is pretty shitty.

>It's also suggested Yotaro knew
No it's not. You literally can't even name a scene where this is foreshadowed.

Just because it's thematically coherent doesn't make it good storytelling, because it isn't.

LWA was mediocre, worse than maid dragon.

>imagine being this butthurt

>not once it is even remotely foreshadowed that he feels the slightest speck of conscience for not telling Yotarou about the true identity of his son
I think that for Kikuhiko, that was so greatly outweighed by the guilt he felt over Konatsu and Miyokichi that it wasn't something he even had the energy to address. Although, there is the scene where the gang leader and Kikuhiko are in the garden talking, and Yakumo thanks him for protecting him from the responsibility of confronting Yotaro.

When he lashes out at the gang leader it's because although he feels resentment towards Kikuhiko, he knows that he can't risk destroying the master/student relationship they've developed, and so he uses a former master as a surrogate.
There's a moment before he yells at the gang leader where he says "sometimes when I look at the baby I see..." and then stops before saying a name. Shinnosuke looks almost identical to Kikuhiko in the last episode, and nothing like the gang boss. It's clear that Yotaro realizes what's happened.

>hating SHAFT
I pity you.

>There's a moment before he yells at the gang leader where he says "sometimes when I look at the baby I see..." and then stops before saying a name. Shinnosuke looks almost identical to Kikuhiko in the last episode, and nothing like the gang boss. It's clear that Yotaro realizes what's happened.
If he actually realized what had happened, he wouldn't have yelled at the gang leader at all. This is obvious to you, right?
It's possible he realizes after Shinnosuke grows up and his facial features mature, but this is long after Kikuhiko dies, and it doesn't change anything about how fucked up the relationship dynamic was while Kikukiho was alive.

>No Desert Punk
>No manly Fists of You WA SHOCK!
>No Akazuki Cha Cha
>Watch
>No Manga > Anime

All you children.

>No Tanya
>Mahotsukai no Yome and Girls' Last Tour aren't over yet and a good ending can change pretty much everything
>Owarimonogatari 2 on number 8
This chart is bullshit.

>If he actually realized what had happened, he wouldn't have yelled at the gang leader at all
No, he was using the gang leader as a surrogate to unleash his frustration on a former authority figure, as well as to to show Konatsu how serious he was about raising Shinnosuke. It also helped him take another step towards overcoming his past.

Not the person you're talking with, but my main problem is that, not knowing how it was going to end, I perceived through the series that

> for Kikuhiko, that was so greatly outweighed by the guilt he felt over Konatsu and Miyokichi

was being presented as the guilt he felt for being responsible for Miyokichi's death and the suffering he brought upon Konatsu by it, and they're very clearly framed as forming a family not in the husband-wife sense, but in a father-daughter way.

> Yakumo apologizing to Miyokichi for what he'd done

This too, I saw as the same thing, not "I'm sorry I fucked your daughter because I couldn't have you" but "I'm sorry I made her an orphan and then was a shitty dad" and the touching and important family building relationship is that they got past that and forgave each other.

So, seen this way, when it's revealed in the last minute that he actually slept with her and was Shinnosuke's father, it destroys this beautiful and hard earned family relationship just for the sake of having your handsome bishie boys indirectly have children. It retroactively cheapens the whole experience.

Youjo Senki is edgelord trash, and you should feel retarded for liking it.

>hating monogatari series

fairy fencer faggot

That moment with Kikuhiko at the grave is also when Matsuda approaches him and reproaches Konatsu for her actions, and Kikuhiko tells him that he shouldn't judge her. It was clear that scene was meant to be about both his indiscretion with Konatsu as well as his remorse over Miyokichi's death.

Nothing about this is remotely "clear". Anyone would infer from that scene that he thinks the yakuza boss is the father, because its the scene right afterwards and he outright says his thoughts. At best, you can say its ambiguous who the line was referring to.

thanks for the list grandpa

This.

Not even 3% of all Sup Forumsnons has ever heard of any of those.

It is, I agree. I'm not denying Kikuhiko is Shinnosuke's father or that every scene you mention means what you say it means, just that, as you're watching it, you're clearly led to believe it's going somewhere else (strictly a daughter-father dynamic) and the end result is just less touching and satisfying.

Who the fuck hasn't heard of Noiseman and Metropolis?

>CGDCT Anime
>no plot, no developed characters, just some light and uninspired comedy
>b-but at least they don't have beta male MCs and harems
true, they are better than many other shit but that doesn't make them good. This is mostly true for the whole list, we are flooded with 20 shitty shows every season so at some point anything slightly better is considered a groundbreaking masterpiece.

Oh I've heard of Metropolis, but I don't think you mean the same.

>b-but at least they don't have beta male MCs and harems
Araragi isn't a beta male, but Monogatari sure has fuck has a Harem.

I don't know what fairy fencer is but honestly I'm with OP. A storyless harem show full of lolicon just isn't my thing.

>storyless harem
It has a story, but it's a secondary issue.
Monogatari simply has a fuckton of Monologue and Dialogue that doesn't necessarily lead anywhere.
Some may find that boring and others, like myself, find the characters and their interactions wonderfully entertaining.

Are you trying to pass off your taste as Sup Forums's taste in order to validate yourself, OP?

When you get better taste.

Mahoujin Guruguru and Girl's last Dab are the only good things there.

If you hate 99% of something, im pretty sure you don't like it user

That list contains a lot of bait, but the fact that it has Guru Guru in it and awards AOTY to Rakugo makes it okay.

Agreed.

so many lolis..says a lot about the Sup Forums anime fandom.

>Jyu Oh Sei

>A forum full of little girls likes watching shows about little girls
Wow, shocking

you mean
>A forum full of pedos likes watching shows about little girls

I don't think little girls can be pedophiles, user

I think that says more about the state of modern anime. Especially when that list doesn't even include all the imouto shit and shitty CGDCT that aired this year, which are basically full on loli-service.