Serious question (i.e. not bait): Can someone please define "sensible" or "common sense" gun control...

Serious question (i.e. not bait): Can someone please define "sensible" or "common sense" gun control? I hear this word being thrown around but nobody ever really sits down and says what it means. I feel like it's used as a kind of weasel wording. Like you can say "see we just want sensible gun control" and then anyone opposing you sounds like a crazy person because they aren't being "sensible".

Attached: gun.jpg (400x318, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=15734&legislationId=0&legislationdocumentid=0
dictionary.com/browse/erode
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keeping them out of the hands of non whites.

>sensible gun control
2nd amendment only applies to whites

>those Walther handgun serrations on the slide

Absolute perfect grip

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 5K)

The libtards who say this shit don’t even know what it means.

Hence why I want a definition.

He has spoke
/thread

Attached: 346346346436.jpg (1368x951, 172K)

Attached: lawyer.jpg (796x256, 41K)

It doesn't mean anything, it's just another way to say, "Erode your rights."

fpbp /thread

they've also changed the term "private sales" into "universal background checks", that's what I think they really want, is to shut down private sales under the guise of "closing the gun show loop hole", something that happened in the 90's. There's no statistical evidence whatsoever that guns from private sales are used in crime, in reality citizens are more diligent than the government when it comes to gun sales, they simply don't sell guns to unstable people, period, it doesn't happen. Sensible gun control has been done, they want to chip away at what's left until guns and ammo aren't easily and readily available to the average citizen; typical progressive politics

>Can someone please define "sensible" or "common sense" gun control?

It means "let us chip away at the 2nd amendment little by little until it no longer exists."

That is what "common sense" gun control means, and they bring it up every year.

>I feel like it's used as a kind of weasel wording. Like you can say "see we just want sensible gun control" and then anyone opposing you sounds like a crazy person because they aren't being "sensible".

You already understand the jewish tactics and abuse of language perfectly, friend.

Attached: 1514086845382.jpg (974x928, 281K)

Gibs me ur guns

Attached: la creatura.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Ban all the guns. That's what they want, we all know it, they just don't want to say it because they know what the reaction will be.

Attached: 1521830327852m.jpg (613x1024, 78K)

Sensible gun control is age 18 for long guns, 21 for hand guns, 3 day wait period and background check for each regardless of source of purchase, and a 29 bullet restriction on magazine size.
Guess what? most of the nation already has something similar to this in effect already. Less than 1% of all gun related crime in the USA is committed by a US citizen that obtained their weapon legally.
The laws we have on the books currently work.
The system we have in place works.

False narratives like "gun violence is on the rise" when we actually have fewer shootings in comparison to 20 years ago is the problem. False flag operations like Sandy Hook and complete lies dispensed as truth by the authorities and the media as was the case in Las Vegas is the problem.

Next question?

Attached: 1519194764529.jpg (1024x768, 552K)

No slaves no guns.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-03-26 at 10.11.37 AM - Edited.png (551x268, 40K)

If he'd paid attention in school, he'd know that the word regulated, 300 years ago, meant functioning, and militia essentially meant every man from 13-50.

See its the same thing with the idea of "assault weapons". Assault weapon is such a vague and not useful word. An automatic weapon is already too expensive for most normal people. Most people can't afford to spend several thousand dollars on a weapon, then another grand on licensing, then another hundred or two for an ample supply of ammunition.

Assault weapon isn't vague. It quite literally means scary looking.

I’m about to buy me one of those Walther CCP 9mm’s. Anyone have one or any experience with one? What’s the pros and cons?

It means they want background checks in every state for mental health and criminal history. This is as far as I'm willing to concede 'sensible'

Not much to say OP because you already nailed it. They use language like that so that if you oppose them, you are opposed to "common sense". It's a lot like calling a semi-auto rifle with too many cosmetic features an "assault weapon" - they manipulate language to obfuscate reality because they can't argue facts or specifics.

Pretty sure it means semi auto pistol grip high capacity magazine rifle. (full auto as well).

ILLINOIS ANONS
>ILLINOIS ANONS
ILLINOIS ANONS
>ILLINOIS ANONS

Please take a second to file a witness slip opposing the gun dealer licensing bill they're trying to veto-proof against the Governor:
my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=15734&legislationId=0&legislationdocumentid=0

Don't let these moms take what little freedom we have left

You only think that because you only peruse echo chambers like Sup Forums

When people say sensible gun control laws they mean increasing the age of you have to be to.own a gun to 21, limiting the number of bullets one can buy per month, having all fire arm sales go through the state instead of through private sellers, background checks for ever single sale, mebtal health checks by impartial sources for each sale, limiting the types of.guns that can be bought to small hand gun and hunting rifles, finger print and dna samples when a sale is made, safty courses being mandatory, etc

You know, all the things someone a law abiding citizen with no ill will should have no problem with complying with as it would hardly effect them

He is here! Praise him!

Attached: la-cretura-pepe.png (512x512, 81K)

'no'

I'm actually really okay with citizens that are given free medical weed + are on Federal Assistance to not be allowed a legal firearm. They aren't really contributing citizens in the first place. Exempt from this would be veterans of course.

> "common sense" gun control?

It's a professionally created propaganda term and I am referring to 'gun control'.

Gun control means hitting your target.

Weapons Prohibition is what they are actually talking about.

Attached: shhh-be-vewy-vewy-quiet.jpg (400x301, 29K)

Only the military should have them, and post nuclear warfare no one should invade anyway lest their country become a plate of glass.

So no one should logically have them.

The police can get full body armor, and shoot nets at people, use darts that stop mobility rather than guns, laser tech that blinds rather than unloading a clip into someone's center.

They don't for the same reason they try to kill, so you won't sue, they want you dead here, that way you're too afraid to stop licking their boots.

Guns are for bootlickers. Guns were made for war afterall.

Most US citizens don't want war, only one-third of the US owns one to begin with. But we're not a democracy, so we go to war anyway, doing the opposite of what's logical, not doing what's good for the many but doing instead what is good for the few, your kings.

Brilliant argument

What leftards mean by "sensible gun control laws" is banning some type of firearm, then another, until there is nothing left.

As the blonde whore said "we wait for them to give us a inch, the gun stock ban, then we take a mile"

Checked and Nailed

Attached: FE041B32-AB1D-42CC-8319-4D0BD4AE7AB9.gif (177x210, 2.12M)

Good goy. Now finish my mocha, please!

Attached: oyvey.jpg (600x600, 36K)

Both phrases are carefully crafted propaganda. The Left is notorious for that.

Who can be against clean water?
Who can be against clear air?
Who can be against common sense regulations?
Who can be against common sense gun control?

The Left lies; it's all they do. But they are good at lying.

Law abiding people abide by the Constitution.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

>The government will control every aspect of who can get a gun, what kind of gun they can get and how much ammo they can buy
>But don't worry, if you're innocent you have nothing to fear!
Bootlickers are the worst.

Attached: 1454522208444.jpg (839x467, 79K)

Waiting periods, registration, licensing with psych tests, and proper lock ups. Nothing which restricts a law abiding citizen from having any weapon, but slows it down a bit, and might keep a few darkies away from them. At least in theory, since USA has a massive supply of imported illegal arms anyhow. But you can at least say you did what was asked.

>they have guns, we have an excuse to put them in FEMA camps oy vey martial law due to having the highest crime rates in the world oy vey

>if only they didn't have a militia we shouldn't have had to gas them all, payback time whiteys oy vey

Unoriginal faggot. Jews are the ones that invented conservatism.

It means “don’t tell them we want to take all the guns or they’ll vote us all out of office.”

1. Universal background checks
2. Laws requiring reporting lost or stolen firearms
3. Red flag law/gun violence restraining orders
4. Repeal the law requiring NICS delete their records by the next business day
5. Repeal the law requiring the ATF database of gun sales not be searchable (literally why are we wasting money storing these records if we can't use them?)
6. Shall issue open and concealed carry permits
7. Create and fund programs to track down and confiscate registered firearms from their owners when those owners become legally disqualified from owning a firearm (only 1 state does this and only for felony convictions). As things stand, unless a gun you own was used as evidence in your trial, the state isn't going go out of its way to take it from you even if you shouldn't legally have it.

Mostly fine except for the limits on what you can buy and how much ammo. Like, what's the logic in that? You could still stockpile, but it's just an impotent inconvenience.

Having fingerprint activated guns might be good too. Some real SOP shit.

8. Universal gun safe laws

I knew I was forgetting something

>increasing the age of you have to be to.own a gun to 21
strictly unconstitutional
>limiting the number of bullets one can buy per month
based on what reasoning exactly?
>having all fire arm sales go through the state instead of through private sellers, background checks for ever single sale,
thats a LOT of money and effort
>limiting the types of.guns that can be bought to small hand gun and hunting rifles
so not changing the amount of deaths caused by gun violence
>finger print and dna samples when a sale is made
do we not have registrations and licenses for this?
>safety courses being mandatory
this i can agree with i suppose

'common sense gun control' is their replacement for 'evidence based based gun control' which doesn't exist, because there's no evidence gun control does jack shit

Fact: Biggest US federal weapons regulations were put in place by Republicans. '68, '86, et al.

There is no left vs right in the US, it's us vs them.

There is no

Attached: TheRealKlan.jpg (720x578, 53K)

>strictly unconstitutional
Why?

Fingerprint sensors on guns are a thing, but they aren't reliable enough to mandate.

>Law abiding people

...are slaves

Lee Harvey Oswald ordered his rifle from the back of a comic book. Where were all the mass shootings? You can’t fix culture rot with gun laws.

Attached: 859D36DD-AB6B-49EC-BC89-3E285BBC7C7C.jpg (900x712, 271K)

>be idiot redneck
>USA decides to genocide self with gas
>redneck things his double barrel shotgun will stop the modern US military
>the gun will keep the gas out

Lol when bush told everyone to put tape on their doors during nine eleven.

Fucking redneck bullshitery.

Attached: download (1).jpg (163x310, 13K)

Obvious lib is obvious.

You know goddamned well that's not what it means. Liberalism doesn't work without something to vilify, grandpa's hunting rifle doesn't seem that threatening, even thought it's probably lethal at 1000 yards, but you take a bolt action .22LR and put a composite stock on it. . . Motherfucking nightmare fuel.

Gun control is the solution to misidentified problem.
What leftists should be arguing for is not banning guns, but rather banning the manufacture and sale of guns.
Guns don’t appear out of thin air.
But leftists are not brave enough to go after corporations, yet.
But until that time where it is illegal to make them and Remington (RIP), sig sauer, colt, bersa, ruger, glock, mossberg, rock river, savage, North american arms, chiappa, beretta, rossi, h&k, taurus, high point, daniel defense, bushmaster, et al will continue to make and sell them by the millions.
So feel free to “ban” them, but it will be farcical ban.

People who want "sensible" gun control are just saying they want even more regulations to slowly and incrementally remove the ability of the common person to own a firearm.

Attached: 6Jqw58B[1].png (461x701, 434K)

they can't be serious

>le double barrel shotgun may may
>Le military will feel alright gunning down citizens when there's been polls saying most of them would defect to anti government during a civil war

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

The founding fathers were libertarians. They'd tell you to shove this current society up your faggoty asshole.

Tech won't advance until it needs to.

There is no infringing, though.

None of that is "sensible" you faggot

Having to beg the government to control the use of weapons to the citizenry implies that on some level, the citizens are untrustworthy with weapons and thus do not deserve them. It doesn't matter if a gun can fire slow or fast, less or more, if the owner:
A. Never lets it into the hand of the irresponsible, or anyone else
B. Literally doesn't touch the trigger mechanism
No one will die.
I fucking don't get gun control. It's just taking away a freedom because the majority of people don't trust themselves, and thus opt for the government to take it away, just to feel secure.

I can't believe one of you unironic faggots stayed up late making this macro

Fpbp

>needing the US military to gas everyone
>not just needing access to the water and sewer system with robots

They'd just give a pill to any army dogs they wanted to not die in such an event beyond that, and le happening was mother nature.

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

If there was no 2nd Amendment would your right to own weapons be any less?

Attached: cinege-mouse.jpg (750x727, 59K)

They use "sensible" and "common sense" because they're effective buzzwords that disarm people's argument against them preemptively.

"Confiscate all guns"

mass shootings can be traced to

1. feminism, causing breakdown of family unit
2. massively increased consumption of vegetable oil and refined carbohydrate via processed foods
3. loss of social cohesion due to niggers
3. massive SSRI consumption as a result of 1 2 and 3

>There is no infringing, though.
The strictest interpretation of the constitution would be that all gun related legislation is unconstitutional.

Psych Evals. Aka “you have some unconscious racist beliefs, so clearly you can’t own a gun.”

The strictest interpretation of the constitution would result in armed prisoners.

The one thing about pol is that it is anything but an echo chamber. You are evidence of that.

>If there was no 2nd Amendment would your right to own weapons be any less?
No, because defense of my person and my country is a natural right from my Creator. This is why the government is barred from enacting a law which would prevent me from keeping a weapon.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
>the right of the people to keep and bear Arms
so able bodied adults can join the military to go kill people overseas but they can't own a weapon for 3 years?

>Can someone please define "sensible" or "common sense" gun control?

The reason it's undefined is quite simple: it's not really about "common sense", tangentially about "guns", and totally about "control". (See pic.)

The reason that it's tagged as "common sense" is precisely to enable the counter-objection/-accusation "Who could be against common-sense!?"

Or, to flip it around a bit, consider the 4th Amendment and the NSA's domestic surveillance: they've already gone ahead and implemented it despite the restrictions of the 4th. Why? -- Precisely because it can be done "out of sight" and therefore be "out of mind" for a huge majority of the people, especially since it can be done in secret. / But when it comes to guns, this is something that is *THERE* that one can point to and say "this was [physically] taken!" and therefore the government needs to push a PR/propaganda campaign to get it accepted by the people.

Attached: Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control[1].png (750x3200, 204K)

Would their be any prisoners if we didn’t have all these regulations?

Also, you are obviously farcical. There were jails at the time of the constitution.

>The one thing about pol is that it is anything but an echo chamber. You are evidence of that.
Echos aren't perfect reflections of the original voice.

It's saying something when Fox's comments section is less of an echo chamber than Sup Forums. They're also creative about word filters. Liberal is used to refer to blacks when you want to say something racist.

>prisoners back then had guns
>prisoners didn't lose their rights upon charged
herpaderpada

And yes felons should have guns and vote, if you wanna go by that parchment. Or bulls ass skin, whatever.

I fucked up their/there. Argument voided.

I think it means, "those in control, control the guns, citizen".

>There is no left vs right in the US, it's us vs them.

Bingo.

Who is us, and who are them?

>>No oy vey obey don't stop getting mad at the news obey

dictionary.com/browse/erode

"Gun control" means "government legislation that allows the government to control which firearms private citizens can or cannot own."

"common sense gun control" just means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

People that have no education and had shitty parents think that whatever they happen to think is correct is a self-evident truth.

>There were jails at the time of the constitution.
Were they using the strictest interpretation at the time the constitution was written? No. For good reason. Overly rigid interpretations of laws tend to come out retarded.

>You can lose a right that shall not be infringed
See above.

If we're being that strict, it doesn't mention firearms. You could consider that a subcatagory, so a person could still be entitled to arms, just not those well regulated like guns. Similar to freedom of movement being a thing, but you still need a license to drive on public roads.

Bit different to being the type of person who murders small animals and listens to Pumped Up Kicks all the time.

>so able bodied adults can join the military to go kill people overseas but they can't own a weapon for 3 years?
Sure. But yea, they should raise the military age too. And if you want to actually be any good, restrict it to landowners. Roman style.

To me it is a one inch grouping at 100 yards+.

Attached: 00h0h_fBGYr4drcz7_600x450.jpg (600x425, 49K)

/thread

>well regulated meme
That meant well equipped at the end of the eighteenth century.

>And yes felons should have guns and vote, if you wanna go by that parchment.

Does serving one's sentence restore one to all citizenship rights or not? If not, should it? -- If it does not, then there is a second class of citizenry.

You are only half right because there is no such thing as government and the group of warlords that you live under now are have no limitations on what they can do to you. After all it's their system that they control.

Solution: Stop accepting these people as being legitimate and their power evaporates. You are then left with empowering yourself.

As a first step stop referring to them with legitimacy. Stand on your own 2 feet.

For example:
WRONG: "The 2nd amendment says.."

CORRECT: "There is no argument because I will choose for myself for my life."

Attached: HeilElmo.jpg (416x381, 18K)

>Who is us, and who are them?
Us: The "Common Man".
Them: The "Elite", particularly those in political high-offices, law, and the Judiciary.

>Fact: Biggest US federal weapons regulations were put in place by Republicans. '68, '86, et al.

In texas the relublicans removed the right to carry and started enacting gun control measures. Of course a democrat introduced the concealed carry bill that passed by texas did not want armed citizens as it directly cuts into crime and police budgets for reporting crime.

But indeed both sides fear an armed population when both sides have gotten away with all their crimes cleanly by using their position of influence to enhance police budgets, military surplus and powers as an officer.

The cops and politicians are both against us.

Meh.

Do you support the right for all prisoners to be armed?

I would be willing to discuss the points you tried to make if you backed them up with anything besides "muh feels". Just one single fact or logical statement would be nice.

A serf in the dark ages would have a better capacity to reason than you do, you brainwashed imbecile.

Not to the people who control our government. Guaranteed the number one demographic being refused gun licenses in this new system would be white males.

>false dichotomy
I think all rights should be restored after incarceration.

>Do you support the right for all prisoners to be armed?
Why not?