Madoka Magica

Will we ever get a new movie? If so, what do you expect from it?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-08/madoka-magica-concept-movie-will-be-core-of-new-project/.96224
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want a new season, not a movie.

A movie means that spoilers will be plastered all over the internet before it even comes over to the west.

How can you exploit the concept even more?
Maybe a side story like Kazumi or Oriko.

Yeah I'd love a new series as well, but I think they are treating Madoka as a movie series from now on

I have no idea desu, but I trust them to make something as weird as Rebellion was (in the good sense)

/r/ing delinquent/intimidating madoka

Whatever I expect will be wrong, so I'm not expecting anything

I want a better ending.

I hope so

Unfortunately, I think the fact that Shaft produced a half-assed remake of "Fireworks" instead of Madoka S2/Movie 3/whatever shows how much faith they have in the franchise these days.

Madoka has been compared to Haruhi and it met the same fate; premature death by author disinterest and producer incompetence.

Their movies even had similar premises.

All hail Kriemhild Gretchen, the true queen of Sup Forums!

>Movie 3
That's Rebellion.

Not gonna happen amytime soon. Plus that gacha game just came out so we'll see a season of that before we get a true S2.

How is the Madoka gacha doing?

Seems like it is doing pretty well so far

Maybe they are still busy with other projects, and maybe a new project is already being developed. I don't think they would abandon a series as popular as Madoka.

Is the game fun?

I didn't play it actually, just saw some news regarding it. But the gameplay seems quite fun for those who like this kind of game.

What's it called?

Never mind, found it.

Homura is [/spoiler]best girl[/spoiler] also she did nothing wrong.

Homura did nothing wrong also she is best girl

You're right user

It plays similar to Megaman BN. The OST and spritework are also pretty good.

>It plays similar to Megaman BN.

please tell the game has a english translation or is planned to get it

Homura did plenty wrong and I forgive her.

>please tell the game has a english translation
It doesn't
>or is planned to get it
Same answer

Once again, I curse Japan.

Actually I don't think she did anything wrong, I mean, she rewrote the universe again and no one knows this happened, Madoka is now happy and the world she created looked pretty good. Homura literally did nothing wrong.

If it wasn't for Japan we wouldn't have Madoka Magic, no one is perfect though except Homura

>that spoiler.

You can't deny it, user

I can I will, she is the cause of everthing, why Madoka is targeted by QB, why she will became such powerful witch, the one that kickstarted the movie plot by talking with QB about the previous world and then ruining everthing.

I would LOVE a Different Story OVA. That manga meshed with canon unobtrusively and was a nice read.

Another movie to continue the story is probably going to happen, seeing as Rebellion isn't a great ending point.

>If it wasn't for her we wouldn't have the best anime ever
Her mistakes are also perfect

Urobuchi doesn't want to make another one and SHAFT seem to realise that without him, there is no point going on. Yeah there was that concept movie thing but it's not gonna happen unless Gen signs up for it.

Dunno why they can't adapt the side story mangas though to get around things.

Maybe SHAFT should try and see if there's any interest to do a non-Madoka property but use the same staff as Madoka (Shinbo, Urobuchi, Kajiura, etc) and maybe see if that leads to more Madoka stuff.

>Urobuchi doesn't want to make another one
Did he really say that? Not questioning you, just asking out of curiosity. Wasn't he involved in the concept movie at the time?

Wasn't in the credits but everyone else was.

Plus you got them still adapting more Monogatari stuff and after that they'll do Zaregoto no doubt.

Plenty of stuff for the head tilters to do without Madoka.

Season 2 comes out when Half Life 3 comes out

I'm pretty sure the new Madoka movie/season will come out the same day as Cyberpunk 2077

>Half Life 3 comes out

half life 3 has been confirmed death.

yes, and?

Seems like he was listed in the announcement of the concept movie tho
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-08/madoka-magica-concept-movie-will-be-core-of-new-project/.96224

Different Story would be amazing to see animated. Reading is fine and I often prefer it, but in the case of Madoka the print format can't capture the feeling of witches in the same way.

On that note, is Different Story not commercially viable enough for them to make it a TV series? Granted, I would be grateful for an adaptation regardless of how it's formatted or distributed, but I think Madoka is popular enough for a TDS show to do well.

Urobuchi would never do it because he doesn't like TDS or any of the side content, really.

Mami's comeback.

Source?
Because it would be great to have The Different Story or Homura's Revenge animated.

But that was Rebellion. That gun-kata showdown was incredible.

I don't think Homura's Revenge would work at all, but The Different Story could be really good.

Mami becomes a god of war with some kind of massive orbital cake cannon in the concept movie

If the concept movie still means anything, Mami would surely play a big role on the next project.

I don't blame the butcher here, they fundamentally misunderstand his themes. They're fine for fanfic, but it would be annoying if I had to deal with people treating them as canon.

Seeing Homura vs Sayaka & Kyoko would be great.

>basically fanfic
Yep, just like Rebellion.

Only watched the first season, are the movies good ?

Usually with this kind of stuff they're not

His ideas are stolen from old toku shows user.
He doesn't even understand those themes

Also why the fuck do people want a second season ?

The ending says it all

Rebellion is a masterpiece

The first 2 movies are an abridged version of the TV anime. And Rebellion kinda sucks.

Homuhomuhomu

what did they mean by this

For real though, opinions on Rebellion are highly polarized, just watch it.

I'm fine with the manga that's come out so far. It would be great to see some of them adapted.

Rebellion is good if you're a waifufag for any of the girls. You get to see all of them really happy. It's also toothless and self-indulgent.

But that like making a sequel to nier : automata right ?

Are the mangas taking place in the same universe but with different people and themes ?

okay fuck rebellion then

The third movie is a totally different story and works as a sequel for the series, imo it's an amazing movie but the end is very... unexpected, because of it some people don't like it that much. Anyway you should watch if you enjoyed the anime.

I don't think anyone wanted a direct follow up to the show, but Rebellion had an ending that left things unclear

>The ending says it all
Don't forget rebellion exists, it changed the whole conclusion of the anime. So a sequel right now would be perfect (though I would rather to have a new movie than a new season).

The last movie pissed off a lot of people and it's been way too long.
That and the constant attempts at pushing it as fantastic or shit talking the people who dislike it has only made things worse.

>it changed the whole conclusion of the anime
>apparently it's waifufaggotry also

eugh

The more I hear about the movie the less I want to watch it

It's hard to decide for yourself if you don't watch it, user. The beginning of the movie is pure fan service with all the girls living happy and all, but as the movie keeps going everything changes and it gets a darker tone just like the anime. People are very divided by it, I think it was a nice addition to the series, even more if we get a new sequel.

In all interviews when Urobuchi is asked about TDS his only reply is "side content is side content".
And it's not like TDS is even good.

Dude stop being such a faggot and try to form your own opinions.

I mean, I'll probably watch it anyways

But if it fucking blows I'm keeping my headcanon that the movie isn't real

also never call me a faggot again

I'd like to see homura vs madoka , but I don't think it would happen anyway.

>it gets a darker tone just like the anime
I disagree. The darker tone is actually Homura being an emo faggot: "Oh woe is me, Madoka totes wanted to stay human. I'm so lonely"

The manga either take place in either alternate timelines, thanks to Homura's magic, or feature a different characters with different stories. The only exception to this is Wraith Arc which is apparently supposed to be a bridge between the original series and Rebellion.

If you go in with the expectation that Rebellion is a cashgrab trying to cater to fans instead of being a sequel or follow-up to the anime then you might enjoy it. Just take it for what it is.

>I disagree
Actually Homura became an emo faggot because she was trapped in her soul gem, and just started to be dramatic after she discovered it .

I don't understand it, they made rebellion to make money with future sequels and then they don't make a sequel after that?

It's a cash grab but a reasonably well done one. It's not offensively bad but at the same time the series biggest strength is that it is short, self contained, and thought out and slapping more story to end kind of ruins that.
If you just want to see more of the crew in action you will be ok with it but it doesn't add anything to the story. Though to be fair as much as I like Madoka its not exactly a sacrosanct work of art so if Shaft wants to rev up those money printers more power to them. Its just business.

As far as I know, a lot of people share that headcanon, so you definitely wouldn't be alone in hating it and wanting to have nothing to do with it. I think you may have already formed a preconceived opinion of it from posts here, but make of it what you will.

Personally, I went into it not knowing anything about it at all, and I still don't really know what to think of it; I have mixed feelings. First watched it about two weeks ago

Also true.

I'm going to guess that they weren't properly prepared to cash in on the Madoka hype train.

Weren't they just busy finally getting around to Kizumono?