Is there anything actually wrong with the 2016/2017 adaptations of Berserk...

Is there anything actually wrong with the 2016/2017 adaptations of Berserk, or is it all just memes about the 3D animation being shitty? I never had a problem with it and thought the jankiness kinda fit the subject matter. Are there other reasons it's "bad"? Is it actually shit as a standalone format, or does it just not reflect the manga as well as you'd like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMqpdxdKH0g
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6kVU8uNdic
youtube.com/watch?v=QrV6NysVw2c
youtube.com/watch?v=me5bi_BiqXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not worth your time. Just read the manga.

The 3D is absolute trash, but more importantly the directing is abysmal. It's actually worse than Musashi gundoe.

It looks like complete shit.

Not really. It was adapted fairly. The animation is just a sore on the eyes, but doesn't make it completely unwatchable or insufferable.

So the 3D is (for me) unwatchably bad. Not only that but for reasons I am still unclear on they just straight up skipped Lost Children which means that if we ever get more Berserk it's either going to be the third adaptation of the Golden age, or it's going to be Hawk of the Millennium. We'll never get Lost Children so we won't have a complete anime record even pieced together.

130 chapters in , it became fucking boring after chapter 90 when does it get better

>jankiness fit the subject matter
What

>is there anything wrong with this animation apart from the animation being shitty?

Or Wylad

so there's no real issue then
got it
is that arc a side plot or actually important

We're also never going to get a Guts vs the Count from the black swordsman arc.

It's honestly unwatchable, at least for me. I stomached it once and the whole time I had a look of disgust on my face. I will never rewatch the 2016/17 versions. It's missing one of the arguably best arcs so there's another con.
>jankiness fit
u srs rn m8? The fights were fucking terrible which is like half the reason some people wanted an adaptation. I 100% wanted to kill myself watching the last fight of the conviction arc.

The animation is bad, the facial expressions are bad, the direction is bad, the music is repetitive how they use it, just read the manga and listen to the ost from the 1997 anime

the choppy animation and weird camera angles gave each blow weight

jesus christ noooo look how shit this looks
youtube.com/watch?v=MMqpdxdKH0g

How can you not see how incredibly cheap and amateur it feels. It's shittier than Naruto and other cheap mass produced anime; it's literally obscure hentai and yaoi tier.

care to explain how anything i said contradicts what you've shown? it looks great to me.

>No black swordsman arc
>No loli bug rapist arc
>Adapted the golden age again
The anime is simply trash

>it looks great to me

seriously start arguing anytime

>garbage tier animation and style
>no real issue
Do you watch anime with your ass?

>or is it all just memes about the 3D animation
>memes about the 3D animation
>memes
It's called hard facts. If a visual medium is visibly garbage you fucked up

Are you fucked?

Think about your favorite series. Imagine it was animated by a highschool student using flash for the first time. The voice acting, music, story and characters are all represented perfectly in their individual aspects but it looks like absolute dog shit. Would that be considered a good show? Fuck no.

Kemono Friends is hyped because it blew everyone's expectations out of the water. It's still not a show many outside a very vocal group online that is impressed with the production side of things will say is good. Houseki no Kuni embraces CGI to its fullest potential in my opinion and it's the first CGI show I am personally enjoying through and though.

Berserk looks like shit compared to what anyone who's knows the series wants it to look like and what's worse it is trying to use CGI to mimic the ascetic of the manga as well as previous adaptations and it fails fucking horribly at it. Not to mention that's not the only problem with these new adaptations. It's garbage and you have shit fucking taste. You must live a sad fucking life if you can allow these shows to insult your senses and still sit back and call them good.

How do you tell what is happening? How can you defend them swinging their swords like they're toothpicks? The only reason this works is because its from an infinitely better source material

I'm not going to argue with someone over whether or not the animation is fucking terrible. Just read the thread, you're the only person here who thinks it looks ''great''. You're either baiting for (you)s or actually blind.

my personal complaint was that they omitted the entire Lost Children arc

It doesn't

>Berserk, a series known for its memorable artwork
>gets the cheapest possible adaptations that detract from any possible benefit from having an animated adaptation
At least the 1997 adaptation had some decent direction even if it was also obviously struggling with the animation budget

Have you not read the manga? I'd say it's fairly important although not as important as Hawk of the Millennium obviously. I guess it's skippable since there's no Godhand action or party recruitment. Still rubs me the wrong way to skip an entire arc.

This

Are you blind and deaf?

Horrible facial expressions, crappy CG, Horrible camera work, repetitive use of the OST, Horrible action direction, Skipped content and stuff

Golden Age was good but the new cast is by far inferior to that.

I do believe the Golden Age movies budget could have given us a decent series instead.

The problem is how scenes are framed. 1997 looked great, it just sucked whenever there was action that would mean lots of fluid animation. They got over it by stylistically placing stills in climatic moments.

it's objectively low framerate but that's only subjectively a bad thing when it comes to movies and animation. the art isn't bad by any means, things just move weirdly. i can see why people don't like it but berserk is already a fever dream as-is so i believe the odd animation fits that theme.
you said a whole lot of words but none of them had any meaning because all of this is your opinion and not objective fact. if you want to get your panties in a bunch about the anime not being up to your personal expectations, then fine, but your hyperbolic disdain for it doesn't pass as word of god.
i have eyes
it isn't fluid, and it looks weird. that is true. that is also not a bad thing for this particular series. it really, really does not feel out of place.
the art isn't that great in the manga. most of the humans are all tooth picks with weird faces and anatomy.
hmm yes this is the um "memes" i was speaking of yes
the faces are fine and the OST wasn't ever out of place. you're just looking for a reason to be upset on those issues.

user, let's dream, what would it be the best studio that could take on a berserk adaption?
I'd say WIT, they are good with details and animations overall.
They'd be able to sell the dark atmosphere pretty well.

When you stop being a pleb

The shoddy 3D animation really doesn't do the illustrations justice. It would've been okay if they used it for lifeless things like locations or buildings, but instead it gives us awkward angles and stiff looking characters and action scenes. It's a bad way of telling this story.

>berserk is already a fever dream as-is so i believe the odd animation fits that theme.
You're unironically fucking retarded. This is like saying anime isn't realistic, so it should look bad. What the fuck?

Liking the new Berserk is fine. Just don't try to convince anyone else that it's good because it won't work. It's an objectively poor show and everything you're stating is pure opinion.

I'd say that Musashi was still better considering how consistently hilarious it was. Aside from certain scenes, Berserk 2016/2017 is just boring.

Are you fucking dense, OP? The reason to watch Anime instead of manga IS the animation, but if it's shit why the fuck would you watch it? The plot is much better explained in the manga.

Trash adaptation, I'm fucking mad that after that great 3rd Movie we get this disgusting anime

i can cherrypick frames from every movie, cartoon, or anime that look tacky out of context.
"you're either against all drugs or you want toddlers injecting heroin"
i forgot the name of that fallacy
i just don't get why everyone in the berserk fanbase is sperging out about it like it's the end of the world

the atmosphere
colors
voices and sounds to attribute to characters

do i have to list all of the reasons anime exists

Everyone is sperging because it's considered to be one of the best illustrated manga ever made but has yet to have an anime adaptation that can do it justice. Stop being autistic and just come to terms with the fact that your opinion is unpopular.

>There are people who defend new berserk
I don't even like Berserk, you got to be some third rate retard to like this trainwreck of adaptation.

This with Lost children mean two apostle battles never adapted, that is very wrong. I don't care as much about Wylad, but the stories surrounding the count and Rosine are better

I will admit, the shitty animation did make Rape Horse look unintentionally creepier than I thought he would. But the rest of the show was still pretty garbage.

>Atmoshpere
Sure, if you like PS1 games with that 3d everywhere
>Colors
Seriously?
>Sound
Only fair point, at least Hirasawa is still hype

>"you're either against all drugs or you want toddlers injecting heroin"
>i forgot the name of that fallacy
This doesn't apply here at all though. At this point I'm pretty sure you either didn't read the manga, didn't watch the new anime or didn't do either.

>cherrypick
Watch the anime and then come back.

I get you're trying to be as contrarian as possible, but it's an adaptation that this series really didn't deserve

The problem is the cgi. It isn't a meme.

okay. they are free to feel that way, but many anime adaptions don't properly reflect the manga and yet i haven't seen such vocal distaste for those. it is a culturally important manga, and might deserve better, but really no anime has ever done the manga justice, at least in someone's eyes. what i don't get is how everyone is treating the source material like it's the fucking bible, while the anime is compared to a 5th grader's naruto fanfic. there isn't that huge of a discrepancy

my opinion is unpopular. that is why i'm voicing it, so i can better understand why the contrary opinion is more widely held. this is called "discussion", it is probably in direct conflict with the "circlejerk" you are used to.
prove it
i have. twice.
if i'm contrarian i'm not doing it voluntarily to bait anyone. i found the series enjoyable.

>i have. twice.
No, you clearly haven't otherwise you wouldn't have called it cherrypicking.

you don't notice when it's in motion. again, you can make a webm and post it for the 5000th time, and it looks shitty because it's out of context. that is cherrypicking.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Everyone saying the new Berserk adaptations are bad isn't a circlejerk. It's simply unanimous consensus that differs from your opinion. You aren't trying to understand opinions contrary to your own. You're trying to convince everyone that your opinions are correct without little to no consideration for the consensus. If you're not baiting then you should just stop replying right now because you're not going to convince anyone that what you think is correct, especially with a show as objectively bad as Berserk 2016/17.

>you don't notice when it's in motion.
Is the webm not in motion?

>it looks shitty because it's out of context.
It looks even more shitty in context.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6kVU8uNdic
youtube.com/watch?v=QrV6NysVw2c
Long analysis videos that go into detail as to why its bad. I'm not typing out any arguments because youre baiting.

You are either trolling with this thread or a disabled person with dentures who finally found representation in anime.

i'm not trying to convince you it's good. i want you to convince me it's bad.

You could make a webm of the entire show and it will still look like shit. Making short clips has barely any effect if the entire show looks like eye cancer.

it looks like shit but it's also gritty which works
XD

The animation makes it more of a comedy than an epic dark fantasy drama.

>but it's also gritty which works
Are you mentally ill?

No.

what's wrong with that particular webm

Everything. Every single thing in it.

it's very easy to argue about how it's not bad by deconstructing everyone said through a subjective and post modern lens, but because of how intellectually easy it is.

You havn't actually done anything. Prove to me that berserk is good in relation to the medium at large or for example it's relationship to the anime market. Or through an art history lens.

You wanna play the calm contrarian fine, but it's a game I won't play.

Comedy anime
Dark fantasy manga
Can you spot the fucking difference?

At this point it's pretty obvious OP is just trolling to get those (You)s.

Here's the story

the studio that was supposed to fucking make the fucking anime MADE THE GANTS O MOVIE
Who are the company who found the way to make the perfect blend of realistic and anime.

But in the last moment they gave it to their child company who never had done anything, and the anime got Clanked harder than caska during the eclipse

My opinions are subjective therefore the series is good? Weak shit dude, you're bait is showing.

Yeah probably. It still pisses me off beyond belief though.

>we could have had a season of berserk in Gantz0 quality

Have you watched a lot of anime? Try something with good animation, or at least compare it to better 3D like Houseki no Kuni.

these aren't even the same scenes so i don't get where you're coming from
>e-every-one i don't agree with is a troll
>>>/neogaf/
see

CGI simply cannot look good.

Imagine!

factually wrong

False.

>the level of quality seen in Nickelodeon cartoons from 10 years ago
?

Why are you lying now?

It can but only with movie budget. It's more like
>CGI TV anime cannot look good
inb4 someone posts some shitty looking Houseki no Kuni webm and tries to convince people it's good

>ill say it look like something whitout showing evidence
argument invalidated

That looks great to me.

I don't remember a single nick cartoon looking even remotely realistic.

I think you'll find company in the threads for that shitty gem crap.

i wouldnt have looked JUST like the movie because time + money

it would had looked something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=me5bi_BiqXE

>no argument
Nice

>these aren't even the same scenes
Even if these aren't the same scenes you must be able to notice how the style the anime is drawn in isn't able to seem dramatic. If there is scene with animation that enlists another response than laughter or cringe from you please post it.