Magi

What went wrong? I feel like it had potential to be next FMA but they backed off of the idea making it actually dark and violent and it became a mash bright colors and dark ideas.

>What went wrong
The pacing was all over the place and the characters weren't very likable.

>it became a mash bright colors and dark ideas.
So did it become like HxH?

The jews shut it down

I remember watching 20 episodes before dropping it. Alibaba and Kassim were the only ones who kept me going for that long.

The "dark and violent" themes were already addressed better in other shonen (One Piece, HxH, FMA) and the story never really had an anchor to keep people reading

Also the fights sucked. And Sinbad sucks.

It sold pretty well

You must have watched the 2011 adaptation. The 1999 version is much darker

I tried to give it a chance but I couldn't even get past the first couple of minutes.
Seeing the little kid MC being a horny little fucker boob man and sucking on that fat guys man titties just make me question why the fuck I even watch anime.
I'll never like this anime and I'll always judge anyone who says they do like it.
Seriously tho wtf was that even about and how are people okay with it? It's fucking weird.

>i understand nothing about tone but these screenshots look great when I collage them

>One Piece
>dark and violent

You're right 2011 looks so much better

I'll be the one to say that

READ THE MANGA

Yeah things start to fall apart at the last couple of arcs but it's still okay

Agreed.

Is this gonna become another one of those "cherry picking screenshots from both HxH versions to show that your favourite one is the superior" threads? pls no

2011 isn't even canon btw

One of the main villains of the series boiled alive the father of one of Luffy's friends and then fed it to him.

I would've loved to see the peak of the Chimera ant arc in 1999 direction, but I still think 2011 is, tonally speaking, more faithful to the manga atmosphere.

flash back arc happened

I swear I'd start watching this if only they released in HD

Insert Magic Goy image here