Why do so many "anime" "fans" hate mecha now?

Why do so many "anime" "fans" hate mecha now?

Normalfags

It's not that we "hate" mecha, it's that we "also hate" mecha.

Because "mecha" is quite often not very "good".

Most of nu Sup Forums prefer isekai and waifutrash now. Not shows that deal with mature, real themes.

Youth aren't hot-blooded anymore.

They don't, stop genetalizing.

They just don't talk about mecha because mecha discussion attracts ESLs and actually mentally disabled autists that write incoherent posts.

>most mecha
>real mature themes

And even then they botch them. A lot of my favourite anime are mecha but like any other genre most of it is simply garbage or mediocre. The difference with mecha is that it's much more inaccessible to most people because of certain tropes and the way most of them are framed in terms of pacing. There's also the elephant in the room of people just not thinking robots are cool.

they dont, this decade has just been absolute shit for mecha. the newfags are impressed by IBO and think its a political epic, imagine if an actual good mecha show aired

Soyboys would rather watch another panthy quest in the isekai with imouto(step) who's also my kanoujo and traps

>citation needed

I rest my fucking case.

This confuses and infuriates the nu-m/a/le

This. It often involves feels understand shit instead of just blowing each other's brains out. Most of the time fights leave us blueballed and are incomplete of playing cat and mouse. The other worse part is the mc doesn't form a proper relationship with the female lead or is an autistic kid. Most mechas have a strong start but turn into a train wreck. The only good mecha as of late was try fighters because it took a different approach.

So mecha fans are Asuka and Shinji, is that what you're saying?

>needs a citation for most anime being shit/mediocre and mecha being structurally different to what newbies are used to
You're really fucking new to this medium if you think otherwise.

Name 10 bad mecha anime

>mc doesn't form a proper relationship with the female lead
How is that a problem? Why can't people enjoy anime without "muh romance self-insert" overused subplot.

Mecha are fine
Mecha fans however have a large percentage of people who think anime was better "in the old days" and will not shut up about it.

What's the best mecha anime

No, not falling for you obvious confirmation bias tactic. Simply watch more anime and get some taste. And why didn't you ask me to name 10 bad anime of any genre instead, since it's essentially the same thing?

I love mecha and this is the most obvious answer
most of the time i'm just watching for the designs

Why do "mecha" fans always put themselves on such a delusionally high pedestal?

I didn't even mention romance you autismo. I said a proper relationship because nearly every mecha shows will have a female figurehead there. But the female lead tends to literally be a political leader who spews idealistic nonsense about peace and the mc is forced to do her bidding and act as a meat shield/bodyguard. It never differs from this save in a few shows.

The one in which you lurk more. Possibly, after you're forcibly put in a fatsuit, locked inside a barrel filled with human blood, and thrown into a volcano.

Wew

It reminds them of how pathetic their lives are. Like this faggot here

Iron Blooded Orphans
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Code Geass
Suisei no Gargantia
Aldnoah Zero
Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head
Aquarion Logos
Macross Delta
Kiddy Grade
Eureka Seven

Wow, that was incredibly easy. I could continue for a long time.

If you don't like Big O I can instantly tell you're a real piece of shit, mecha fan or not.

I'm aware thats Giant Robo but steam-punk/retro/realistic style mechs are the coolest fucking thing of all time, mecha fan or not.

because mecha hasn't been good for an entire decade

Sounds like mecha fans have good taste all around, then.

Patlabor.

Big O season 1 was fantastic but it really fucked up in season 2.

>responding to bait with bait

Promare and Gridman will save us.
At least we still get the occasional Votoms or gundam OVA that's enjoyable. Also, Mazinkaiser was 2011, and the new Mazinger movie has been getting a pretty good reception.

Because Sup Forums has always been about the flavour of the moment. Whenever mecha become popular again they'll like it.
Also, most anime Sup Forums falls in love with are easily forgotten a few years after; sometimes they don't last a month.

Why should anyone care about 2D mecha shows when you can have 3D mecha shows that can do the action better, more consistent, and show more awesome angles, and most importantly, show the robot the whole time, which is what you want to see in an action anime?

Careful user, you'll trigger /m/ brainlets that don't understand how resource wasting it is to animate mecha and how animation and CGI techniques are improving.

Gundam Wing is not indicative of the entire genre.

Weak bait, 3/10.

We both know mecha fans will shit on Promare because they have a hate boner for Imaishi and Trigger staff. Also 2011 was Mazinkaiser SKL, not Mazinkaiser.

Because 3D mecha looks awful with neon lights and a crap ton of edges.

Riiiight

Yeah, I meant SKL, sorry.
I also don't give a shit about /m/anchildren who watch shit like Symphogear and IBO. I've always liked Imaishi, and I always will.

I want to see the mecha beat up each another for 10 minutes, not just be seen for 10 seconds because those lame-ass 2D animators are starving and falling ill from having to draw anime.

Proof Imaishit fans don't actually like mecha and just Western cartoonshit

If you liked Giant Robo, you might enjoy BBK. My personal AOTY for 2016.

Okay but tell me your favorite anyway out of your enjoyment of talking about anime

No, you've always like the opposite of what the other person says. Person in broad terms, since we are talking mecha here.

While I do generally agree with that train of thought Sidonia is pretty fun all around.

But to be fair thats probably the only modern 3d mecha anime I've ever been bothered to pay attention to.

mecha shows are only good when they're not taking themselves seriously.

The extremely rare mecha shows that actually handle serious themes well would have been better off as realistic war stories without shoehorning in robot fights no one cares about. Dougram, 0080, Flag, Vifam, Tetsujin 28 2004, etc.

I love mecha, just not terrible Mari Okada shit.
My favorite show is Xabungle.
Keep trying though, maybe someone else will validate your shit taste.

>Dougram
>actually handle serious themes well

Why would they have been better off without robot fights? Especially 0080, since it barely had any.

Those damn reptilians from the NWO are turning our kids into their sick image.

The one in which the autistic kid screeches.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Plenty of people like mecha shows, it's just that mechafags are such massive contrarians that they will consistently disown anything popular in favor of some half-assed Italian toy commerical from the 70s.

Mecha will never be popular as long as its fanbase is composed of nostaligic hipsters.

Do they?
I mean, I never really gave a fuck to mecha, but I don't have any reason to hate it.

Is it time yet to make some robots, dress up in latex and try to get rid of them?

>My favorite show is a lolsorandom kids show with Steven Universe artstyle
You didn't prove me wrong

Good, things becoming popular ruins them.

It's just that /m/fags like pretending that they're special

They aren't wrong

t.Gurren Lagann fan

Giant robot things clobbering up each another are very popular even with normal people despite being illogical.
They're just not superobsessed with it.

>shitting on contrarianism while posting on Sup Forums

>classic Sunrise show is now Steven Universe
You're clearly the one who doesn't really like mecha, pleb.

>now

Those people have always been around, they liked SOME mecha shows like Gundam Wing or Code Geass but those shows were more the exception.

Mecha is the rap and country music of anime.

>classic
No one gives a shit about it. Only ironic Tomino fans like Xabunghole

you are not talking about mecha fans this is just /m/ but you are right none the less

Not him but as opposed to what? What are your favourite mecha anime?

Dougram and Vifam shoehorn in battle-of-the-weeks every episode to sell toys, totally unnecessary for the style of show they were.
0080 and Flag flatout just don't need mecha at all, especially Flag which is ultra-realistic in every single way except for containing mecha.
Now that I think about it Tetsujin 28 only works because of all the batshit sci-fi elements, so that show is fine.

Meaning you need hard alcohol to really get it?

Eureka Seven.

Seems like you're the one who doesn't really like mecha.
What are your three favorite shows from the genre?

Fuck off, retard.

Eureka Seven, Gundam X, Xabungle.

this confounds the bugman

You can't be a contrarian and also make threads complaining about how the things you like aren't popular.

I didn't make the thread.

You're still complicit.

I know.

but Lacus was a strong independent woman who saved MC & friends' collective asses more often than she herself required assistance?

Most people have never even seen one besides TTGL and EVA. Some ironic weebs like shit like Aldnoah Zero, Code Gayass, or Eureka Seven, because they were memes while they aired.

Real anime fans love mecha.

Younger people these days don't seem as hot blooded, test-fueled, masculine, and adventurous as they were 10 to 20 years ago. Coincidentally there has been an increase in estrogen and things that contain estrogen such as soy in the average American diet. Really makes me think.

What always bugs me is that TTGL and Eva are possibly the best in their genres. Wouldn't that make them want to watch more?

I've tried watching mecha. It's just not my thing.

Normalfags and ironic weebs don't like robots.

Normalfags do like robots and consume robot-involving media all the fucking time.
That's why Star Wars is still hugely popular.

because newfags and normalfags

>Two of the three shows I've watched are best in their genre
Fuck off.

FUCK HUMANOID ROBOTS

THEY ARE ALMOST NEVER COOL

>normalfags don't jizz their pants everytime a new Bayformers comes out
>ironic weebs don't go on about their latest ebin Gundamu like IBO even though they've never watched the original
Wrong.

Sounds like someone has never watched any UC gundam

>TTGL and EVA
But /m/ said neither of those are mecha.

I've heard people talk about how much they like TTGL and/or Eva only to immediately declare how different they are to other mecha regardless of whether or not they have any actual reasoning for saying so.

Then how about four-legged robots?