We love Madoka

Madoka Magica was a blast and is currently the peak of anime. Never before has a better story been told in under twenty episodes.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRo1uK2NILo
wiki.puella-magi.net/Threads
archived.moe/a/thread/46898770
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's definitely up there, even if it might not be the peak.

I’m just excited to talk about it so I always make outrageous claims. Even still knowing that I haven’t seen every anime in the world though for being only twelve episodes long I think Madoka is near perfection.

Homura is one of the most selfless and amazing characters in anime. What she did for Madoka and why can’t really be compared to anything. It’s kind of funny how she turned out to be Satan when her will is comparative to a saint and Madoka turned into a god when she was living in ignorance.

>in under twenty episodes
Constraints can be, and frequently are, net positives, Sup Forumsnon. While there are some series out there that could benefit from more material, the truth is most could benefit from having less. It's easier to tell a cohesive, compelling narrative in 12-14 episodes while avoiding bloat and filler than it is in 20-24. If you asked me what anime had the best pacing and narrative progression, I'd tell you it was FLCL and that only has 6 episodes.

Madoka is undeserving nothing and receives all while Homura is deserving of all and receives none.

I loved FLCL to be honest and I watched it as a kid when I enjoyed anime at least twenty times more but I can’t really say I like it better than Madoka. There’s a lot of meaning in FLCL I didn’t pick up on until I rewatched it and I think it’s very underrated in that aspect because I feel like it’s looked at as a random comedy instead of something with substance.

The sad thing is if this story is heading the way of Christian religion Madoka will end up disowning Homura. That’s going to be really messed up if that happens.

He says, while posting a picture of the usurper herself. How do you expect to erase her name from history like this?

I don’t? I like Homura. She’s the best character ever written.

Well then why say you love Madoka? If you love her not how can her love reach you?

It’s kind of weird that most of the “normie” crowd seems to like Sayaka the most despite her causing some of the most problems in the series. Almost every other youtube review is talking about how much of a good character she is.

In case you all didn’t remember Sayaka refused Madoka’s salvation in order for her boyfriend to stay healed and keep being able to play the violin. It’s assumed in the original ending she suffered the same fate and died.

Judging by this and Christianity if Madoka does finally decide to disown Madoka she’ll have to disown Sayaka as well. Homura and Sayaka will eventually be on the same team.

We can also assume that Kyoko will follow Sayaka wherever she goes and it makes more sense because she’s already friends with Homura compared to Madoka. Mami is a lot more justice oriented and will likely side with Madoka which makes sense as they were a team in the first place and Nagase will most likely follow Mami. I think it’s going to end in a battle with Homura, Kyoko and Sayaka against Madoka, Mami and Nagisa.

So basically Sayaka is the literal Judas of the Madoka universe.

It’s all sort of backwards though because Homura is in the right and Madoka is in the wrong

Except instead of thirty silver coins she renounces her salvation for a violin boy.

>despite her causing some of the most problems in the series.
Sayaka-no-baka has always been the best meguca, silly. Your post seems to imply that being a source of conflict precludes her from being a good character; surely that isn't what you meant to imply, Sup Forumsnon?

The sad thing is thirty silver coins would have actually benefited Sayaka more than her original wish. Kyoko was right all along.

They’re all good characters to be honest. I just don’t like Sayaka.

>Sayaka refused Madoka’s salvation
Only she doesn't do that at all. Sayaka is still saved in the sense that all magical girls are saved - when she dies she get carried away to magical girl nirvana.

I’m pretty sure she turned that down so that the guy could remain healed.

>I just don’t like Sayaka.
I like all the megucas, but I find Sayaka easily the most sympathetic. She tries so goddamn hard to do the right thing and punishes herself so severely for not living up her own standards.

She didn’t get to continue living. She vanished right after the wish Madoka made where Homura came back.

I actually think Kyoko is the most sympathetic. She’s been through a lot more and didn’t have the same options Sayaka was blessed with. She truly suffered.

Nope - Mami explains what happens to her after the reset, and, in doing so, how the new rules work for all magical girls. By the Rebellion Sayaka has basically become Madokami's right hand agent. That couldn't happen if she was Magical Girl Judas as some posters here bizarrely seem to think.

>From the anime, Madoka purified all the corrupted soul gems of the mahou shoujo and letting them passed away in peace. However, Sayaka was the one exception.

She's still "saved" though. I mean, that's Madoka's real gift for magical girls - she never rejects that. She's given the option of undoing the wish - which would have left Kyousuke crippled and probably killed Hitomi - and she chooses to do the 'right thing,' sacrifice herself, and not regret - just like she said she would all along. Seigi no Mikata to the end.

By doing that she is refusing salvation. Madoka will have no choice but to eventually disown her the same way as Homura now.

Alrhough Sayaka should have vanished instantly along when her soul gem was corrupted in Madoka's new world, she was still able to manifest herself and listen to Kamijou's performance. This was a complete mistake and will definitely come into play in the next movie.

unironically that's probably the most dumbest thing I have ever read in Madoka threads
Sayaka was taken by LoC like any other magical girl, all wishes always remain intact

No she didn’t. Sayaka was the one exception to the rule and she was able to stay for a bit after her gem was corrupted. She’s broken one of the laws of the universe and Madoka will not be able to take her in.

Sayaka uses up all her magic in the last attack, her soul gem shatters, and she vanishes. I suppose you could read that as her being 'killed' before she can be 'saved', but I'm also sure that you would be incorrect. The above sequences just describes how magical girls always go out - the gems can't be purified, Madoka takes the curse on herself, and the magical girls are allowed to die in peace instead of becoming witches. If Sayaka couldn't be saved, there is no way she could play the role she played in rebellion. (I mean, if she wasn't saved, she'd be a witch, and simply can't happen. In other words, death is not what Madoka saves magical girls from, it's damnation. Y'know, like Jesus.)

You’ve got to remember rebellion is mostly a dream. Also it’s not the fact that her wish remains but that she broke a law of the universe and it’s made clear she was the one exception to the rule. She in other words had directly gone against Madoka and cannot be accepted when the time comes. Her and Homura will end up working together.

>By doing that she is refusing salvation
That doesn't make any sense. Death is not what Madoka saves magical girls from. Becoming a witch is what she saves them from. Does Sayaka become a witch? No. Does Sayaka die and end up in Magical Girl Heaven? Yes.

The thing you’re missing is nobody knows. It has not been revealed yet and I’m almost certain Sayaka cannot be allowed in.

I’m just going by if Madoka has to obey the laws of her own universe which I assume she would considering she used her wish on it.

A weird and completely unsupportable conclusion. I honestly don't see how you could possibly have reached it.

Madoka is now the god of her universe thanks to her wish but she cannot make another wish and brake the laws of her universe again. Sayaka cannot be accepted into the new heaven.

I’m pretty sure breaking a law of the universe must have carried a consequence for Sayaka. That’s not something even a mediocre writer would overlook.

that's just some dumb troll
>in the next movie
yeah, that's obvious

No, she's refusing life—not salvation. She has already been saved by Madoka and is now in heaven. More than that, she has been elevated to the status of an angel.

>That’s not something even a mediocre writer would overlook.
Now you are just being silly.

Sayaka-no-baka was always an angel, Sup Forumsnon!

Madoka magica is shit and I'm glad it's nver getting a sequel.

(You)

>I actually think Kyoko is the most sympathetic. She’s been through a lot more and didn’t have the same options Sayaka was blessed with. She truly suffered.
They all suffered terribly. Remember, Sayaka and Kyoko are essentially the same - they both start as seigi no mikata, only Kyoko manages to survive long enough to become cynical and jaded. The fact that she sees herself in Sayaka is what infuriates her so much when they first meet, and what prompts her to sacrifice herself to save her in the end. Sayaka doesn't lose her family like Kyoko does, but she does get hit with vicious three-hit-combo right at the moment she is the most fragile - she learns the truth about the immediate consequences of her faustian bargain with Kyubei, she loses the love she made it for to one of her closest friends, and she is confronted with her own inability to live up to her naviely high ideals. This may not seem as bad as what happens to Kyoko, but it happens all at once forming this vicious feedback loop.

Well, you are shit and you're never getting a sequel, either.

Yeah, PMMM was pretty good. It sort of stands off to the side. Not necessarily the pinnacle of anime, but certainly noteworthy in it's own category. There's plenty of anime i enjoyed more than PMMM, but it's not something i can make comparisons to with other shows, so it's hard to evaluate.

I guess it stood out enough that i hold it in special regard almost 8 years later, and while other equally noteworthy shows have come along i can't exactly lump it in with the rest. I remember it having a killer soundtrack, and solid pacing, even though there's a quality to it can't really describe.

Kind of like that food you ate one time that was pretty damn good, and you haven't been able to find it since and wished you did. You ate plenty of other great, even excellent dishes in the meantime, but can't get that one particular item off your mind. Maybe i'm in love and just haven't admitted it yet. Maybe that's my confession, and it really is that simple. Maybe love is not some lighting bolt eureka kind of moment, maybe it's a slow, gradual process occurring over time, and one can only recognize it by looking back and seeing the changes.

Homosexuality is wrong.

>not posting girlscan'tlovegirls/forbiddenlove.jpg
one job

>there's a quality to it can't really describe.

You must be talking about Inu Curry. It’s nice to see true art in anime and everything they do is amazing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRo1uK2NILo

Do they still exist? Their website is still up, but it doesn't appear they've done anything since 2012.

They probably do a ton of stuff under different names or even the same name. It’s just harder to find information on things like that unless you live in Japan. It’s also very unique in anime so you won’t see it a lot in anime news.

Yeah, sure that's part of the package. I feel like it all comes together to form something greater than the sum of it's parts.

>Madoka
>Peak anything

Watch more than five anime.

I’ve seen more anime than most people on Sup Forums.

Kill yourself.

Since the 80's I'm at 679 completed with 34 on my currently watching list, and i'll have you know that Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is the high water mark that i'm waiting to be surpassed.

Sure there's excellent seasonal stuff, but it doesn't hold up two years later.

/thread

Nice anime, but it was a rip off of evangelion, which is better under every aspect

Can you elaborate how exactly you came to the conclusion that it was a ripoff?

>youtube review
Back to youtube then normie.

Madoka is considered better than Eva most people in modern times. Your favorite series is long past its prime.

>girlscan'tlovegirls
>
But that's wrong, son.

I'll agree with you OP, I only watched Madoka for the first time 2 months back and I've already rewatched the series and movie 6 times. The series is just amazing and it gets better with every rewatch.

I regret not watching Madoka with Sup Forums when it was airing, though the Madoka Wiki has links to the archived Madoka threads that were on Sup Forums between the release of the first episode and the 3rd movie, and reading though them to see how Sup Forums reacted gave me a good laugh. The reactions to Episode 3 especially were crazy

wiki.puella-magi.net/Threads

*episodes 3 and 10 I meant to say

Oh, you can tell the shitposter woke up.
And now he's going to spam the thread to death.

As always, stop posting your off topic garbage.

Why do you have to do this every single day. Just stop./

Stop, scumbag.
Stop spending every day of your life attacking people.

I love SayaHomu

I want Madoka for myself.

Three posts, all by the same person.
And he is making these posts for the sole purpose of attacking people.
You can tell they are all the same person because he refuses to answer anything anyone says to him.

I’ve been looking for these for a long time. I’m too lazy to find them myself but thanks. I’m going to have fun with them.

Why do you make it so obvious that you are the sole person who spams crack.
You do it the same way in every single thread.
You spam images after someone replies to you, then refuse to reply to what they say.

Stop ruining threads. You need to move on with your life.

I just read the live thread and now I even feel worse.

>live thread
Huh? where?

Going to watch it for the sixth time today with a friend, I just can't get enough of Madoka.

What about Kyoko?

The live thread from when episode ten aired.

>I just can't get enough of Madoka
I mean Madoka Magica as a whole, Kyoko included.

Too bad hack Urobuchi has written himself into a narrative corner and the only possible new anime is a MagiReco adaptation (and he won't get to write it).

Yeah, the only thing close to it recently was the KF live threads, and KF is smol scale compared to Madoka.

Link please.

What’s KF again?

archived.moe/a/thread/46898770

Here it is.

Thank you based user.
Ah, good old days.