Why do Americans view the constitution as almost a religious text?

Why do Americans view the constitution as almost a religious text?

Why is it taken for granted that the constitution is correct on things? It was written a long time ago.

Attached: Constitution.jpg (1200x630, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

praxeology.net/LS-NT-6.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Politician with certain unalienable Rights

Attached: bernie-hair.jpg (500x356, 26K)

Because it is basically a religious text. It's rights granted by the creator.

Name one flaw

Is this about guns? Suck a fat dick if it is.

Wanna know why? Because it's a fulcrum for every group who faces change at the hands of the ignorant, drooling masses of idiot cunts who would give up all water to eliminate the possibility of drowning. It's established. Unless you have an established document to refer back to when you're governing the greatest land on earth, extreme changes to hundreds of millions of people are easy. It protects everybody's rights, not just those who have a wild urge to make things different and yell louder than the opposition. It's the BASIS, the utter stone foundation of the entire government. It's not a document that can be easily changed on a whim.

Why do you still have a royal family? Those guys should have been beheaded and forgotten centuries ago.

That's the declaration of independence, which is not a legal document. It's basically a fancy shitpost aimed right at the king

Its called the Rule of Law. It means that politicians are limited in their authority by the word of the Law, and the Constitution is highest law. Its possible to change it, its possible for it to be wrong, but until its amended it is the supreme rule in the United States.

People who live in European countries where law is determined by 'precedent' are subject to losing their rights at a moment's notice, as newer precedent overtakes old. But in America, we have a law that says you can't defy it unless you go through the proper channels to change it. The problem is that the people who want to be tyrants cant' get the mass support for that.

The Left can't just say "Lets repeal the Second Amendment", which is the legal path to gun control. So instead they try and water it down and say "Lets reinterpret it" which is to say "Lets change the meaning without legally amending its meaning"

so you don't agree that people are born with innate rights?
who am i kidding, if you did we would still be part of the empire

Because it's literally our foundation as a nation.

Our founders were a hell of lot smarter and forward thinking than the assholes that get elected these days.

In the wording? none.
In the fucked up society we're in where people think secondary laws can erase fundamental? lots.

Attached: 1518642956877.jpg (600x535, 29K)

sage

Are you dense? The Constitution quite literally establishes the laws of the United States. From the separation of power to the Bill of Rights, it's all there in print.

What's even more miraculous, though, is that this document (STRESS: for the most part) has been airtight since it was written over 150 years ago. This is especially due to the fact that our forefathers expected the country to change, and provided the ability for much of the document to be amended.

>religious text
Our laws are codified, like scripture. This is the best way to categorize data. Pls lurk more

Sounds like a weird cult

>freemasons
basically, jude

It is a religious text.

Attached: ancap_americancreed.png (848x1272, 2.44M)

No one is saying it's undeniably right. But it is undeniably The Law.

So freedom to keep and bear arms is protected, and the process of amending that law is a major pain in the ass. (See: Constitutional Convention)

Attached: anglo.png (460x568, 49K)

No; it's actually undeniably right as well. Objectively speaking in the political economy sense, the Constitution is basically the mini-max principle articulated by Rawls in a Theory of Justice.

Attached: 1486934437362.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Wtf is that gay shit, that's not the American Creed

>I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

>I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

this and its pretty synonymous with the foundation of the country and those tend to be important if you want things to last

That's the OFFICIAL American creed. The Constitution doesn't say there's only 1.

The constitution can be changed. But guess what? Only shitskins, blue-haired feminists, and soy boys want to change it. And they only make up 45% of the country.

Americans have no history and no culture

They cling onto scraps like this "constitution" because they have nothing else

Attached: 1474495486804.jpg (3456x2304, 1.7M)

at least we have our butter knifes and dental care, Nigel.

1 post by ID.
Abandon thread. This nigger is a shill.

>1 post by ID.

Attached: 1520545157418.jpg (449x328, 21K)

>The official American creed isn't more valid than a creed published in a magazine in the 50's

Let me guess, pic related?

Attached: 1521578247048.png (571x618, 111K)

Welcome to the conversation, shill.

>Because it is basically a religious text.
The Constitution? There not a single religious mention in it.

>It's rights granted by the creator.
Jefferson said ~our~ rights are endowed by our creator - in opposition to the gods that coronate the kings like the King of England. It was literally blasphemy for Jefferson to even be a Deist in his time.

The US Constitution is a totally secular document.

No direct provisions for right to privacy. It will be the vector that erodes all rights over time. Seeing future sucks sometimes desu

No I want to change it as well; I think it was a mistake to not include freedom of contract in the bill of rights redundantly because apparently we can just fucking ignore Article 1 Section 10
>No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

You may think this is small, but in Lochner v New York (back when we believed in the damn document)
>In 1902 a New York baker named Joseph Lochner was fined for violating a state law limiting the number of hours his employees could work. He sued the state on the grounds that he was denied his right to "due process." Lochner claimed that he had the right to freely contract with his employees and that the state had unfairly interfered with this. In 1905, the Supreme Court used the due process clause to declare unconstitutional the New York state statute imposing a limit on hours of work. Rufus Wheeler Peckham wrote for the majority: "Under that provision no state shall deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. The right to purchase or to sell labor is part of the liberty protected by this amendment."

Lochner v New York is now proudly taught as US law schools as having been overturned with gusto.

Attached: 3101863057_1_5_yuv0hIJz.gif (500x275, 500K)

Attached: 852AB161-15B4-49BF-9CB0-325F9FA99327.jpg (750x1013, 717K)

Why you baitposting bruv? Did the anglo hate threads make you feel bad?

Attached: bait_shounen.gif (1000x773, 328K)

>There not a single religious mention in it.
He didn't mean it includes fairy tales, twat. He meant that it should be revered as the basis of the government of the greatest nation on earth.

>hurr a magazine publication
Fuck your fascist bullshit and I'm a Hindu for the record. Tell me to go back because I'm not christian enough for your 50's america, cuck.

Attached: shiva_smug2.jpg (650x960, 113K)

>It was literally blasphemy for Jefferson to even be a Deist in his time.
....hahahaha. What? You aren't smart.

4th amendment would be enough if SCOTUS had the balls to protect it.

Attached: 4th.png (665x400, 150K)

>so you don't agree that people are born with innate rights?
Well most people who browse Sup Forums aren't commies, they under stand that class and hierarchy isn't a social construction.

That's what I'm saying, it isnt a direct provision for right to privacy. Thus, patriot act then cloud act, thus no 4th, thus no protections for other rights.

America was a stillborn birth.

Washington/Hamilton violated the constitution they drafted when they marched on pittsburgh with out state approval during the whiskey rebellion. The constitution has been nothing but an apparition to be avoided and worked around since.

It was totally trampled during the civil war. Jefferson was even in favor of some states not ratifying the constitution because they were already culturally different with incompatible ideas from the northeastern states. He even said a confederation of states may be a safer option. Alas, Hamilton and his lot fear mongered on the fact that a confederation would lead to wars between states.

The 10th Amendment, clearly defines that states were to be responsible for all things not implicitly stated by constitution. The "General Welfare" clause was meant purely for defense from foreign invasions, not paying for tyrone and juan to go to school/jail.

America never stood a chance. Moldbug is right.

We don't live in a country. It's a post-national consumerist entity.

Attached: 8e8.png (509x619, 8K)

>class and hierarchy isn't a social construction.
Class and hierarchy are ONLY social constructions.

The crowd is 𝔞bolished

Hint: look up Connecticut v. Griswold
Even though it is a degenerate case privacy is ruled to be within the penumbra of rights under the 4th

10th amendment most important. America in its early conception was much closer to ancapistan than anything we have seen yet.

>it isn't a direct provision for right to privacy
Can you fucking read? It says -
>the right of the people to be secure in their papers and effects against unreasonable search shall not be violated.
That is a fucking right to privacy except for the fucking fact it doesn't say the magic word. Anyone who reads it differently probably also thinks semi-auto guns can be banned.

Attached: 425711.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

>Why do Americans view the constitution as almost a religious text? Why is it taken for granted that the constitution is correct on things? It was written a long time ago.

Why do Muslims view the Quran as almost a religious text?

Why is it taken for granted that the Quran is correct on things? It was written a long time ago.

It's a natural order that even wolf packs and other animals follow, we are all programmed to follow nature's law. To deny this is to deny being a hardwired mammal.

*Griswold v. Connecticut

Yes, and that's not directly stating right to privacy. Do you understand pilpul? Word games? How definitions get slid to erode intention? That was the founders' failing with the constitution.

Its the only thing i'm jealous of the americans.
'Cause, y'know, i understand the cost and value of freedom of speech..

I love that document

I agree with this user and am pleased to see other Americans citing US case law. The fucking lefties are making it about degeneracy and not about privacy though, as Griswold leads right up to Obergefell v Hodges which is basically what fags jerk off to as far as SCOTUS verdicts go.

Meanwhile the neocons eat the right to privacy away with stupid quasi-constitutional FISA courts and the No Such Agency.

Attached: NSA.jpg (480x317, 58K)

That’s why we were supposed to have amendments, to add rights, but instead our politicians eroded our rights through amendment

You're a god damned moron.

You're just jealous that you don't have your own. The hodgepodge method by which Brits created a 'constitution' means its far too easy to erode your civil liberties. Your system of checks and balances are based only on traditions.

>It was written a long time ago.
Liberty has no age limit you Leftist piece of shit. Now go back to your gender studies homework, fagboy.

Attached: 1521329098857.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

The 13th, 14th and 19th amendments.

Especially the 19th.

We aren't hardwired mammals, though. Wolves are comparably retarded animals. We can choose.

10th amendment is a good one but I think the 5th amendment is really underrated. The 5th amendment contains the all-powerful due process clause (or at least it was all-powerful before (((Lincoln))) and (((FDR))) ).

>people will play word games
Well then good luck with a fucking written document. Please tell me how you make "shall not be infringed" more clearly worded.

It's not "word games" it is consistent effort by politicians to sway SCOTUS by direct or indirect threat to get their way on (((democratic))) agendas when the idiot majority decides something has to change.

The Constitution is supposed to CHECK democracy and America was supposed to be the first country free of the tyranny of the majority as well as the king. Too bad the vast majority of Americans are in the bottom 80% of IQ distribution and so the only thing they understand about the USA is "hurr democracy", just like (you).

Attached: 1487380351152.jpg (247x250, 6K)

God damn, the post was so good, but the faggot cunt memeflag that you used like a piece of dirty shit renders everything you just said retarded and makes you look like a god damn asshole. Fuck your memeflag, you dirty bitch.

And you can jerk yourself self righteously all you want. 4th was killed by cloud act and patriot act. I'd you dont want to recognize it, that's your choice.

>i don't like nigs therefore fuck the 14th amendment
I'm sorry but commonwealth countries aren't allowed to post in this American thread. You don't even have your own legal systems, you just stole it from the Brits (and now you're fucked because of it kek)

Attached: america_othercountries.jpg (494x409, 69K)

You forgot 16th, but I don’t consider anything flawed within the bill of rights or the main body

>We aren't hardwired mammals
Mankind is a mammal.

>Wolves are comparably retarded animals
Wolves didn't invent communism.

>the fact that SCOTUS won't declare the patriot act unconstitutional means the 4th amendment never meant anything

Attached: laughevenharder.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

I really would love to hear what the founding fathers would think about the America of today.

It's very clear that to them, character played a huge part in politics. They also clearly expected a high level of agency and comprehension of their own political system. The whole damn thing depends on a functional understanding and the inner workings of American civics.

They were so heavily influenced by the Roman republic that they named cities after famous romans and even wrote under roman pen names in editorial pieces.

I can't imagine what they would think seeing 75 IQ mexicans and blacks pouring in through a nonexistent border, while people are taxed out the ass for benefits that they never see.

They flipped the fuck out over tea and having to house troops. They would probably McNuke the whole fucking thing.

>Especially the 19th.

Damn. That's the one that really fucked us up.

We have the oldest written constitution still in use today.

The Constitution was written with the previous 300 years of European history as backdrop. Absolute monarchs, unstable republics, religious wars, imperialism and a disregard for individual liberties was the chaotic wellspring of American constitutional order.

Yes, it means your "shall not infringe" bullshit is literally a meme.

But hierarchy depends on other people, it's social in nature
The problem is assuming social construct = unnatural

No it means subversion you kike

It's the law of the fucking land. Our highest document that forms our government you fucking bong. Of course it's going to be taken in high regard, our Founders wrote it, our government is made from it, our politicians swear an oath to it, our President takes an oath to preserve, protect, and defend it.
Law is king in our Republic, at least it's supposed to be, and the Constitution is the highest of laws, it's our king.

Attached: 573ef8dc5de84432295723dd35b04403.jpg (700x700, 70K)

We allowed it to be destroyed. Lash out at me all you want, we dont deserve anything we won't defend.

...but we aren't hardwired.

Moron.

...Yes we are.

Moron.

You got a license for that shitpost, bruv?

Then go shit in the woods and eat raw meat if that's what you think humans are good for dipshit
Meanwhile people with a political and social vision will try to get those enacted in society, like it's been done since we created civilization

I suppose you're also religious.

Read Lysander Spooner's The Constitution of No Authority. Excellent read.

praxeology.net/LS-NT-6.htm

>go shit in the woods and eat raw meat
Come on user, shitting in the woods is pretty cool. Also, we're not giving up fire. We could cook the meat.

Much of it is timeless.

And for the parts that aren't, they can be amended. You just have to get 3/4 of the states to ratify the amendment, which is a significant majority and quite different from the simple majority or even 2/3 supermajority you typically have for legislation in democratic systems. This is by design, any law that is going to be impacting an entire country and 300+ million people needs to have significant support among the people.

Well if you're going to say as long as SCOTUS doesn't do anything it's Constitutional, you'll have a blank piece of paper in a decade.

why do you ask such retarded questions. oh wait another russian faggot

The original document is a masterwork of political theory/design and guaranteed rights. The later Amendments... not so much. Also, encroaching bureaucracy has sadly diminished the document as well.

Attached: 1522083402100.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

I think the biggest problem is that the architecture of the Constitution itself is untimely now.

We now have the technology to have the President-elect start their term the 3rd week of November, but we still wait til January because we think people travel by horse carriage.

We have the technology to efficiently directly poll people for voting, and certainly have the technology to easily conduct Amendment proceedings, but they only get rarer.

The entire system was written only anticipating 13 colonies totalling under 20 million, yet now we try to manage 10 times that amount without having created a new "regional" level of federalism, and have only expanded the interstate commerce clause as a result

And people live 20-40 extra years, so the age restrictions are asynchronous and now we need term limits

Sadly, this user is mostly correct. I like the Constitution well enough, and even swore to uphold it almost a decade ago. But the delegates who made it didn't actually have the authority to do so, and it has been shit on ever since. Now we just have people who parrot silly shit that isn't even true, like "separation of church and state" or the incorporation doctrine, or the Rule of Law, or the Constitution as the supreme law of the land. These phrases are nuanced but no one ever mentions that as they parrot them ad nauseum.

The genius of the Constitution has little to do with the original document -- the genius comes from the Bill of Rights.

The un-amended Constitution simply establishes a basic-bitch three-part power sharing structure, and doesn't do a great job of it. Parliamentary systems like the UK's are superior in most ways. But what those systems lack is our Bill of Rights with (theoretically) unassailable rights that have more or less stood the test of time.

my almonds

Attached: Wow.png (1045x520, 571K)

>Why do Americans view the constitution as almost a religious text?

>Why is it taken for granted that the constitution is correct on things? It was written a long time ago.

lmao written from a fuggin britt, no taxation without representation faggit

>guy writes down "thou shall not be a faggot"
>"lmao fuck that sand nigger he was high as fuck and hearing voices"
>guy writes down "muh bear arms"
>"YOU HEARD HIM BOYS MURRICA FUCK YEAH"

Because it was written when men were still smart. The level of retardation in the years after the fact is absolutely stunning.

It's not miraculous that it's survived. The American Constitution is an amazing document because it encourages the leadership to play in the sandbox because it's malleable. Napoleon said it best "A Constitution should be short and vague." The vagueness of the Constitution allows Presidents to reinterpret portions of it on the fly to meet new challenges. Had there been Emergency Powers or had the document been inflexible the politicians would have hit an impasse and just started operating outside of the Documents listed powers longer and longer until eventually the document was meaningless.

It's a remarkable document.

>basic bitch three-part power sharing
That's just completely untrue and shows you learned about the Constitution in Civics class rather than reading the damn thing.

Which is why uncle TJ accidentally gave us the DoI while he was still redpilled; now there will always exist in American ethos the option for patriots to just scream "fuck it" and revolt.

Attached: bostonmemeparty.png (413x387, 381K)

John Adams and Thomas Jefferson are the best two presidents. They were buds who didn't always see eye to eye, but both were patriots. I love uncle TJ.

>pedophile 9-year old fucker smokes peyote all over Sinai
>this sandnigger was touched by God
Stupid.

>well-educated young men suffering tyranny from their mother country's government, after duly protesting, declare independence in some of the most eloquent prose written by man
>hurr they like burgers now
(you)

Attached: germanhistory101.png (1232x2974, 203K)

pretty sure in Civics classes they teach us that the three-part power structure is key to everything even though a parliamentary system worked just fine if not better in UK/Canada/Australia.

>Why is it taken for granted that the constitution is correct on things? I

Because it restrains the state and when it is violated it is a clear indication that the state is violating the rights of the people.

Why do the English not demand a Bill of Rights of their own?

Attached: Bill of Rights - modern.jpg (1656x1905, 1.06M)

it's more of a corporatist minimum security prison