/cg/ Christianity General - God Still Has A Plan For You, Edition

Greetings, Brothers & Sisters in Christ!
This thread is for all pious Christians on this board and around the world; and also for anyone with an interest in, or questions about Christianity!

ITT: We discuss our faith with others, and enjoy the fellowship of our brethren in Christ.

Today lets remember Saint Herman of Alaska The Wonderworker. Here is a breif and non-comprehensive rundown of this amazing man who helped to bring Christianity to the "New World"

>Humble Russian villager
>Comes to modern day Alaska with a bunch of fur-traders >Faces constant death-defying odds
>Hunts for seals to eat in near suicidal conditions
>Works the ground with WOODEN implements to grow food >Helps many Russian settlers to find god (Which they especially needed, alcoholism was rampant and many of them had taken on native Alaskan mistresses)
>Met with the locals/natives, often protected them from the ruthlessness of the Russians
>Converted ~7,000 Natives to Orthodox Christianity
>Disease breaks out killing scores of natives
>Herman, in his faith, is the only Russian to visit with the natives in this time
>Comforts the dying and consoles the living, helps to heal and care for the sick
>Eventually becomes a hermit on a remote island
>Passes away years later, is now remembered every Sunday at many/most Orthodox Churches in the US

How much more BASED can a mortal man be?!?

Attached: based Jesus Christ ikon.jpg (310x382, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8kjm5
youtu.be/KDJtBh3LGJg
youtube.com/watch?v=2vLQtAxlark
youtube.com/watch?v=9SNIuHcg_zA
youtu.be/l04yM7-BWbg
youtube.com/watch?v=udzmGXN2D-k
youtube.com/watch?v=fu95jdCbB1M
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html)
etymonline.com/word/degenerate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

israel #1

streamable.com/8kjm5

Attached: Freegiftofeternallife.jpg (960x1200, 157K)

>tfw the real "Israel" is the Church of Jesus, for the Jews lost their place as "God's Chosen People"(tm), by rejecting their Savior. God's true chosen people are those who follow Christ and live as pious Christians

Attached: orthodox3.jpg (467x604, 95K)

thanks for this, i learned about "modern" saints in us while reading about fr. seraphim rose. very interesting.

"Come, my light, and illuminate my darkness
Come, my life, and revive me from death
Come, my physician, and heal my wounds
Come, flame of divine love, and burn up the thorns of my sins, kindling my heart with the flame of thy love.
Come, my king, sit upon the throne of my heart and reign there
For thou alone art my king and my lord"

>Prayer by St. Dimitri of Rostov
17th century Russian Bishop

Attached: repentance .jpg (736x551, 81K)

Whats on everyones mind tonight, my brethren? Lurking inquirers always welcome to ask any questions

Attached: the bottom of the glass.jpg (403x403, 42K)

ask not what your father can do for you but what you can do for thy father

What would you like to talk about, user?

Attached: orthodox unchanged timeline.jpg (1600x1114, 204K)

I believe in my own way. Just have to wait another 40 years to find out.

The door is always open for you, user. Funny enough, I started on this journey wanting to see a return to the past ways in our society, where Christianity was the foundation for our world. So, I started reading the New Testament and ended up as a born again Christian

Attached: blessing tanks.jpg (1300x867, 467K)

Can we slaughter the Juden and muslims now or do we have to call 1-800-CALL-JESUS

The modern institution could use another reformation in America. Exile the televangelists.

i fucked up my lent so bad
it started so well...

still trying. pray for me

Attached: XQpwEpT.jpg (680x649, 48K)

The first century apostles wouldn't recognize the modern church. The bride is turning harlot, but the book said it would.

We will have the replacement theology thread later on.

digits for jesus

Attached: 1521679740150.jpg (960x739, 78K)

always with the same fagging itt seriously your discord and planned raids dont go unnoticed retards

I went through the new world translation of the Holy Book . most of it was like reading a bad medieval nove. Only the era from Exile to the fall of Solomon is epic like fucking Star Wars!!!!!!

Ecclesiastes is .my favourite written thing ever besides the Art of War and thw Book of Five Rings.

Quick rundown:

Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek; later, the Levites would receive tithes from their countrymen. Since Aaron was in Abraham's loins then, it was as if the Aaronic priesthood were paying tithes to Melchizedek. (Heb. 7:4-10)

The one who blesses is always greater than the one being blessed. Thus, Melchizedek was greater than Abraham. As Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham, it follows that Melchizedek is greater than Levi. (Heb. 7:7-10)

If the priesthood of Aaron were effective, God would not have called a new priest in a different order in Psalm 110. (Heb. 7:11)

The basis of the Aaronic priesthood was ancestry; the basis of the priesthood of Melchizedek is everlasting life. That is, there is no interruption due to a priest's death. (Heb. 7:8,15-16,23-25)

Christ, being sinless, does not need a sacrifice for his own sins. (Heb. 7:26-27)

The priesthood of Melchizedek is more effective because it required a single sacrifice once and for all (Jesus), while the Levitical priesthood made endless sacrifices. (Heb. 7:27)

The Aaronic priests serve (or, rather, served) in an earthly copy and shadow of the heavenly Temple, which Jesus serves in. (Heb. 8:5)

The Bogdanoffs bow to Melchizidek.

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Romans 12:19

I dont like them either, user, but neither does God. Anything we can do, he can do better. Just read the book of Revelation, God's will shall be done in the end.

But if things kick off in this country, defend yourselves and your communities and your values at all costs. For based Jesus also told his followers

>Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 22:36

Attached: a criminal assembly of the assassins of christ.png (2000x1000, 1.31M)

Who is Kyrie elison?

youtu.be/KDJtBh3LGJg

Indeed. Every day we move closer to the end of the age. If I did not trust in God's wisdom and timing, I would say its already been too long.

Attached: what i see around me would drive me insane, if I did not know that no matter what happens, God will (500x500, 35K)

Thats deep!

youtube.com/watch?v=2vLQtAxlark

>O lord of Hosts be with us, for we have none other help in times of adversity but thee
>O lord of hosts have mercy on us

Attached: do not trust the mindset of secular people.jpg (729x746, 57K)

Sweet thread :-)

Attached: Jesus icon.jpg (729x960, 98K)

Thanks user. Here, have some nondegenerate music to enjoy:
youtube.com/watch?v=9SNIuHcg_zA

Attached: christianity umbrella.jpg (762x1024, 65K)

STONE THE WHORE

Attached: prostitute does foot fetish.jpg (300x168, 9K)

How much more wickedness will you tolerate

Attached: christ sword.jpg (687x960, 231K)

This is an orthodox image please sage this thread and you should also pray.

The pope is appointing unironic communist cardinals. The church is dead.

"Christians saw emperor worship as worship of Satan, it is the ultimate offense against God that his creatures would worship earthly authority, itself under demonic rule"

"The beast which rose out of the earth with
>two horns
>like a lamb (Christ impersonated)
>[that] spoke like a dragon (Satan, whose speech is seductive)

is worldly religion. It is a false prophet calling all to worship the first beast (false divinity).

-Orthodox Study Bible commentary on Revelation

Its okay user, we all stumble at times. What matters is that we pray for strength, pick ourselves back up, and try harder. Based Jesus believes in you, and chose to die on the cross for you, as you know. For what its worth, I believe in you too. Good luck, fellow Christianon

Attached: fisher of men.png (625x626, 19K)

I’m at a serious loss, Christanons. You shall know the church by her works but no Christian denom is performing good works right now. Wat do?

>Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

> Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

Revelation 14, 15-20

1,600 Stadia is ~183 Miles

Attached: Jesus with Sword ikon.jpg (570x817, 138K)

But I am Orthodox

I think it depends on how a person defines "Good Works". There are a couple of churches in my area doing food drives/community food banks, but I dont know anything else about them.

My church is helping me get my life in order (Turbo fedora of ~13 years before finding Jesus) on a smaller scale, and giving all of us a solid experience of worship and fellowship.

How do you define good works?

>pic unrelated

Attached: Christians beheaded by ISIS.png (1294x1212, 331K)

I think my current priest is a gommie. The church is whoring itself to its sworn enemy. There are some gnostic sects that advertise themselves as traditional but those are just heretical honeypots for training new gommies and sodomites.

youtu.be/l04yM7-BWbg

Come out of Babylon. Leave the beast system. Lear to feed and defend yourself. Prepare to feed and defend others when the cities burn.

Attached: no exit for seven years.png (748x736, 707K)

I dunno man, thats rough. If my Church goes under so to speak and I'm not able to find another location, I'll just read the bible and Orthodox literature with my kids/family. I hope it doesn't come to that, tho. Things are getting rough out there, mane.

But we should always try, for we all know the importance of having a Church home and positive fellowship with our brethren.

Just as a note, many say the command to "come out of her" is on a non-physical level, to leave behind all ties with the beast spiritually and mentally and turn to God.

I think it would be best to live in the sticks too - but if one is stuck in the city and unable to "come out of her" as such, dont fear. You might have physical, earthly problems but only fear that which can cause the soul to perish.

But if possible, unironically buy some land and pray for an abundance of the fruits of the earth.

Here's some music to enjoy in the process:
youtube.com/watch?v=udzmGXN2D-k

Attached: forgiveness ask thats where youre wrong kiddo.jpg (500x420, 50K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fu95jdCbB1M

Muslims believe that Jesus is not the Son of God:
>People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a 'Trinity'—stop, that is better for you—God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Qur'an, sura 4 "An-Nisa", ayat 171)

The DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH, Lumen Gentium, teaches as a matter of dogma that Christians and Muslims worship the same God:
>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind. (vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html)
No way to deny it unless you resort to semantic perversions and handwaving rationalizations.

This is heresy:
>No one who denies the Son has the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also. (1 John 2:23)
Since heresy is proclaimed dogmatically, this makes the Roman Catholic Church internally inconsistent and falsifies all claims of it being the one true church.

Therefore, Roman Catholicism is a false religion.

QED

Attached: IMG_3643.png (922x920, 841K)

Its worse user, I have a relative whose a protestant pastor and spends a lot of time and energy with his congregation getting close to the kebabs. Its literally for tolerance and understanding, all the memes are true. It hurts man, I didnt ask for these feels at all. Hes been a life long liberal, one of the original generation of boomer progressives. mfw.

>Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

>Matthew 10 34-35

Attached: no hope2.jpg (1200x800, 183K)

You guys watch this guy?

Attached: brother nathaniel pepe.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

Based Brother Nathaniel

Its about not doing business with the system not location per se, but things are going to get worse before they get better and th farther out of town you are the safer you will likely be. I am working on leaving now and wont be moving very far out of town at all. The important thing to me is to convince as many people as I can to follow. I want to show people that the way to live happy healthy fulfilling lives is without excessive technology and the current plutocracy.

Attached: ShenandoahValley-CountrysideStables-700x400.jpg (700x400, 91K)

still not a single physical description of the pyramids despite so much talk of egypt in the bible.

locations and timeframes have been transposed in this flawed work of man.

Attached: pyramids.jpg (650x366, 51K)

If Catholic find a Fraternity (FSSP) or SSPX parish. If not Catholic, do it anyways, then convert. (some are weirdos, but they are almost all based)

Don't go to Roman Catholic anything if you care about your eternal soul. See:

Its time for us and people like us to gather our own flocks and lead by example. Young men desperately need a masculine Christian fellowship not this vile castrated created to fleece old women and cowards. It need not be anything fancy. Just a mutual aid and bible study society of a dozen or so guys. The idea should be to inspire and help one another not build churches and what ever you do don't incorporate for tax exempt status. Corporations are the beast system.

Attached: When nothing deserves respect.png (800x965, 1.35M)

*castrated doctorine

Trying to determine if I should join the Orthodox, the Catholics, or just stay in a Protestantish "non-denominational" zone. What's a good source to read about the history of the church, starting with the early church?

Michael Knight is the true path to salvation. Fuck Jesus.

Read the Orthodox Study Bible, and The Fountain of Wisdom by St. John of Damascus for a good summary of what the early church actually believed.

Nigger, you are on the internet.
>1 Maccabees 13:28 “Moreover he set up seven pyramids, one against another, for his father, and his mother, and his four brethren.”

Thanks

>Lumen Genitum says that Christ can save people if he likes. But we really don't know if they are gonna be saved.
>protestants have a fit.

read as much of the primary sources as you can. The bible and the writings of the church fathers are a great starting point

Stop lying Catholic shill. Jesus told us exactly how all will be judged by him:
>The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. (John 55:22-23)

Attached: sell your coat.jpg (1024x640, 80K)

*John 5:22-23

>Met with the locals/natives, often protected them from the ruthlessness of the Russians
Fucking BASED anti-white christcuck.

Learn to read catholicuck. That isn't at all what it says.

>Muslims reject Jesus as the Son of God
>Jesus teaches that all who reject God the Son reject God the Father
>Roman Catholics teach as a matter of dogma that Jesus was a liar because Muslims can honor God the Father despite rejecting God the Son
What did I miss?

"Nor is God far distant from those who in shadows and images seek the unknown God, for it is He who gives to all men life and breath and all things,(127) and as Saviour wills that all men be saved.(128) Those also can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience.(19*) Nor does Divine Providence deny the helps necessary for salvation to those who, without blame on their part, have not yet arrived at an explicit knowledge of God and with His grace strive to live a good life. Whatever good or truth is found amongst them is looked upon by the Church as a preparation for the Gospel.(20*)

God won't condemn you for being ignorant. That would be unjust. God is Just. Muslims have some things right. That does not mean that they are saved, it just means that they are closer than pagans and the Jews.

You missed the part where Roman Catholic pilpul and mental gymnastics perverts language to make the argument that it doesn't actually say what it says. Other than that, spot on

I gave up drinking for lent.

Complete success. Last year I attempted it and lost on saint Patrick's and just gave up.

It never said they had him, it said they worship him.

Sometimes I think, that whatever the hierarchy of the universe is, or is not, has failed. Then I think about the people, and institutions, I have had to deal with... and I know this is true. Since it was left up to us, but we still mostly act like a planet of apes. Altruism does not matter, and blind faith in the face of complexity does not matter...

>God won't condemn you for being ignorant
Muslims are not merely ignorant. They know of Jesus and they reject him, as arians did.

And you miss the point that it says Muslims worship the same God, which is false.

>it said they worship him.
Which is false.

As a sikh can i enter a church? I live next to a church and thinking about going, in my faith we do consider jesus a prophet of god. But would it be weird and will the father kick me out?

>]
I think you'd be fine as long as you don't try to take communion

It gets dark sometimes user, but know this. We are the creators and the imitators. Creators of what institutions of the world of Man contains, for at our peak we seek to imitate the world of God. It is our blessing when we achieve through him, and our undoing when we achieve for only ourselves. These orders of the self do not transcend, only devolve into dust, as they are from dust.

These times will pass, for there exists in you the imitation of Christ. Express it!

How do Christians deal with how degenerate the west is?
Please no larping about Trump or a traditional resurgence. I need to know how you actually cope with all the degeneracy.

I won't participate in rituals inside church obviously, just sit back and pray to jesus and admire aesthetics of the church. I do love christian/medieval architecture.

>How do Christians deal with how degenerate the west is?
Christians created it. Degeneracy is a natural outgrowth of the Christian religion.

They worship the God of Abraham and Issac, which ,even if their conception of Him is wrong, is the God which we also worship.

They are really closer to being heretics than pagans, and they are not Deicides, so muzzies>jews or pagans

>the middle ages
>more degenerate than pre-Christian ROme
you are an idiot

there are 6 pyramids at giza, not 7. your ctrl+f does not denote understanding.

Take this shit to another board faggot

>They worship the God of Abraham and Issac,
Wrong.

No they didn't. Christians can be degenerate and many are, but degeneracy is a human phenomenon. Certain things in the animal kingdom are degenerate too, the Christian idea of a fallen world makes perfect sense.

(checked)
they worship the demiurge=yaldabaoth

We dont expect you to read the whole LG, cleetus

No, modern degeneracy is a different thing and comes directly from Christianity. Christfaggotry invented liberalism (through faggot Thomas Aquinas), which is the root of the unique modern degeneracy.

Christians don't even understand what degeneracy is because their doctrine itself is inherently degenerate. By definition:
>late 15c., from Latin degeneratus, past participle of degenerare "to be inferior to one's ancestors, to become unlike one's race or kind, fall from ancestral quality,"
etymonline.com/word/degenerate

Christcucks are inferior in every way to their ancestors, and become "unlike their race or kind" to instead become like Jews. Christianity is degenerate by definition.

catholic server /bkXHBgq

I already have. It is erroneous, and relies on the pagan metaphysic of Thomas Aquinas (more commonly known as "the first whig") and his flawed monistic Aristotlean-Islamic conception of divine simplicity. Only with this flawed, implicitly unitarian conception that leads to relativism can you say they worship "the same God."

Went down that path, been there, done that... and still didn't do the wrong thing. You know why I know something like 'pizzagate" exists? Ignorance of the masses. Their pursuit(s) of life, thinking it would all be okay... I didn't let ((them)) do that to me, but I know what I saw, and what it did to those around me. In a rush of favoritism, for alien (if not extraterrestrial) bureaucracy, did ((they)) once think to slow it down? Or were they so breath taken away, by the technology they saw, to sell their brother out?

>look at me, I can adjective

So how do you reconcile your views with the idea that degeneracy stems from a fallen world, which makes sense? Even if you view it in a story context it makes crystal clear sense.
Christianity has been corrupted for a while, but we already knew that.

Not an argument. I gave my argument. The Roman catholicuck church, through Aquinas (and somewhat Augustine), adopted assumptions of a pagan, and later Muslim, divine simplicity metaphysic. And lo and behold those axioms lead them to logically deduce that Muslims (and certain pagans) worship the same God as they do! It's all in the assumptions. If you assume the same shit as Muslims and pagans, you get the same results. Garbage in, garbage out.

shouldn't you be tending the fields there Ezekiel.

>So how do you reconcile your views with the idea that degeneracy stems from a fallen world,
I don't, because it doesn't. It stems from humans being faggots, largely because christianity turned them into faggots. It also seems from subhumans being subhuman, but that it not technically degenerate because they are just being true to their nature as worthless trash.

>which makes sense?
No it doesn't make sense

Or maybe you should be singing and talking in tongues with the negros
P.S. I here that there is a sale on holy water if you turn to Channel 54

>It stems from humans being faggots
> It also seems from subhumans being subhuman, but that it not technically degenerate because they are just being true to their nature as worthless trash
The Christian explanation goes that Lucifer fell from heaven (kicked out) because he rebelled against God, so then he became Satan, tempted Eve, then all of humanity and the world became corrupted when the original humans betrayed God.
Then Satan would continue to influence the world he already corrupted.
There are different ways of wording it but that's the breakdown.
If we go with your explanation, it opens the gates to the "morality is subjective" faggots that just need an excuse to be scum.

Romans Ch 1:
>16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith; as it is written, "He who through faith is righteous shall live." 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse; 21 for although they knew God they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking and their senseless minds were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools
>Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made
>has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made
Protty BTFO by Aristotelian metaphysics

Jude 1:5-10
5 I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not:
6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day.
7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighbouring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.
8 In like manner these men also defile the flesh, and despise dominion, and blaspheme majesty.
9 When Michael the archangel, disputing with the devil, contended about the body of Moses, he durst not bring against him the judgment of railing speech, but said: The Lord command thee.
10 But these men blaspheme whatever things they know not: and what things soever they naturally know, like dumb beasts, in these they are corrupted.

Attached: IMG_1048.jpg (338x448, 67K)