VRAINS

Is the show good now?

Promotions is my favorite meme.

It's funny because I just quit watching this show today because the plot came seemingly out of nowhere.

The only good yugioh is the original. Not DM, but the one where yugi plays a new game each chapter. Everything else is a shameless toy commercial.

>Muh Nostalgia
I really dislike this flood of nostalgiafags that come over from DSOD or Duel Links
Before this all shows were appreciated and everyone was having fun in the Threads
You should actually watch all shows before making such a broad statement instead of being negative towards the other shows because "new mechanics ruined the game" or "it's just a card game commercial now"
Mind you that the other shows have great characters and are really entertaining if you would atleast give them a try

Your reading comprehension is shit. I don't like duel monsters, you stupid faggot. I've never played Duel Links or any of that shit. The original yugioh only had a couple of chapters about the card game.

>caring about Season 0 now
Not that user but It was comfy and all with Kazukis passion for games and green kaiba trying to kill Yugi multiple times, but that doesn't mean Season 0 has anything to do with the modern YGOs or how the card games are a downgrade
Zombyra was fun, but the card game was what everyone wanted so it got serialized later for a reason instead of capsule monsters and whatever tamagotchis they had
How can you call the DM Manga a toy commercial if Kazuki enjoyed making it and how we've got a continuation for Atems story?
And all this nostalgia content for DM is no reason to flaunt over Season 0 here out of all places

>yugioh
>good
pick one

>Plot came seemingly out of nowhere
Did you miss out on how Revolver mentioned the Tower of Hanoi or something?
I do really hope you did read the part where the user mentioned how it was complained upon being a "card game commercial"
I really don't see why you're mentioning Season 0 though
There's enough Yugi by now with all the nostalgia content
You can always just read or watch it again instead of being so negative towards the other YGO shows
If you want other gamble shows there's always Kaiji, Liar Game or Kakegurui or you accept the fact that the card game shows are actually fun
You could give GX a try or 5DS since it has a good early start

Watching Vrains is like watching 5D's part 2 (after preWRGP), excluding the really flashy duels like Yusei vs Bruno. It's just kind of there, being mostly inoffensive and innocuous with 3 seconds of a cool monster every 3 episodes.

I'm pretty lukewarm about it, but I'm liking more Revolver. Can't wait to se his true face. I'm also getting the impression that he could be gap-moe.

But it's not as entertaining as the Ark Cradle Arc by now because we don't have a set plot for what Revolver is planning aside of "destroying the cyberse world and Ignis"
And I wish the Duels could be as entertaining as a Sun exploding after a unique summon
Papika you can't just use your flying board to go Into the Drains
Not without Tag dueling with Cockona

That's why I said excluding the really flashy duels. Part 2's base plot doesn't hold up that well to a longer look, but some of the duels have great rewatch value

But the message they give after dueling like Playmaker did against Akira was something that fleshes duels out aside of being a means of conflict with card games
That is something that is missing at times in modern YGO
Ark Cradle did that well with Sherry realizing to let go of the past, Aporia believing in Hope, Antinomy telling Yusei to save Z-One after being appreciated as a friend and Z-One actually having wanted to see through what Yuseis potential was to save the future
These small inspiring parts in YGO make watching these card game commercials worth the time and give it rewatch value for the message alone
Just like that one Slash Draw Fag wanting to believe in his Deck until the end in GX or Aporia with After Glow, that got me really emotional because I could relate to it pretty well for being a tryhard
Or Yuseis constant inspirational speeches about the future, because fuck studying and depressions

I just realized that there hasn't been a true tag duel in the Yugioh anime for a long, long while now. Even though in Zexal some of the tag duels were among the best duels.

Also, the heavy abuse of unnecessary spoiler tags is an eyesore.

When you consider that archetypes don't mesh that well together these days that's a sad fact
Something like Superheavy Sams couldn't even Tag for needing only monsters or Qli only allowing Qli monsters to be summoned wouldn't worj with other decks
Crystal Beast and Neos are probably the best case with Rainbow Neos of tagging together
5DS did do a triple-duel or the WRGP had triple matches in a row where they borrowed each others cards
Really expected Blue Angel and Yusaku to Tag together against the AIs but they just split and had their own duels
Duels being joined in with a 2000 LP penalty like Arc-V wasn't satisfying though with multiples against each other
Didn't feel right with 1v3s or 5v5s when the enemies were either goons or one big bad guy

wait 9 more eps for recap eps

It happen every 5 eps now

>eventually the director resigns after being hospitalized from stress, the producers kill themselves, and every episode is a recap for an entire season
What a way it would be to go

It's either that or go the way of SEED Destiny.

Now that you mention it, Links seem ideal for Tag Duels because all they need to do is be co-linked to any other Link
Firewall Dragons versatile Link markers could tag him with most Links like Borrelload, Holly Angel or Gouki Ogre
I wish they could have more Master Duels if that would get us Tag Duels between characters, since Speed Duels seem horrible for it because while dueling together and sharing Zones you would fill it up fast enough with 5 and 3 wouldn't work at all

It's not like they have any trouble messing with the tag duel rules, since they did that arbitrarily before. They could just merge the tag duelers' fields in a way that makes 6 monster zones for each team if it's a speed duel

>ghost girl vs revolver duel ended
>next ep is recap of the duel

The recaps were bad but the material the recaps recapped had more infuriating problems than whatever mild event goes on in Vrains

When you air duels to shill your new mechanic but they are mostly recaps

I don't blame the staff, though. They're clearly hurting for time to recover but execs are gonna exec

I blame Duel Links for monopolizing Speed Duels and Skills over to Vrains as a business strategy
Speed Duel Formats was on Duel Terminals back then even stupid for the same reason with Synchros
Synchros/Links are combo-heavy summons so they need a lot of space for monsters and to re-use or summon their resources from the deck
For this reason they gave Firewall the option to also get back your resources to combo further or for removal after a big board
Skills are somewhat alright, because Duels should have a gimmick or a good turning-point for the show or else you're just watching another real life duel
Whoever though that Speed Duels should be used for a summoning method that consider zones and positioning is an Idiot
Duel Links players don't even watch the newer shows or like any new summon methods because it's kept at GX era speed and most would quit if they were to add Snychros/Xyz/Pendulums/Links

Maybe, they should fix the typo in the title, though.

VR=Virtual Reality
AI=Artificial Intelligence
NS=Network System
No it's not Into the Drains

>spoiler
Next 4 to 6 episodes are going to be literally in sewerage.

Anyone who thinks Toei-Gi-Oh is good instantly loses their credibility

>like any new summon methods
But why?

Yugioh production seems to have been such a clusterfuck for a while I'm so intently curious on what it's been like behind the scenes for the past few years. I just wish a studio staff member would go user on 2ch or something and spill all the juicy beans.

A lot of good staff left after Zexal, and they brought back Ono for some fucking reason. Now with Duel Links shilling the series has plummeted severely. Zexal was great, and its sad to see the franchise as it is now

>most were to quit if they were to add any of the new summon methods
This is objectively true because they added Hunders and if they were too add Rank 4s they wouldn't even wantnto deal with it
They would also question be mad jf they were to see the DM Xyzs and Blue-Eyes Synchros

GilboNoh blessed us once again

Ignore, friendship, fuck, marry.

t h i c c

>tfw dungeon dice never took off

Did you draw this? Nice.
Aoi's foot is kinda messing with me though.

5Ds is great until the end of Dark Signer Arc.
The ending of that arc made me instantly drop it though.

No, VRAINS animator did it on his Twitter

I really hate how the card game went downhill after GX. All these stupid rules, banned cards are other shit that was added ruined a fun game

>vlc monster

It needs a traffic cone for a hat.

How the fuck can Yusaku feel vrainshit when in IRL? Is he secretly cyborg/aug?

synchro/xyz/pendulum is fun though
Newtype autism

Something something tortured while hooked up to the internet taking to an ai/digital being giving the ability to sense internet things

is my guess so far

>quit the franchise after Zexal pissed me off
Are arc-V and VRAINS any good?

surprisingly on latest ep ther arent any reused frames... expect recap in next 3 eps thou

arc-v is shit
vrains has a few issues but is doing alright so far

Arc-V is good for the first 70-80 episodes before it shits the bed. VRAINS has been a mixed bag so far but is slowly getting better.

>>quit the franchise after Zexal pissed me off
I wish i was as prudent as you
Watching arcv after zexal fucking killed me inside

t. Arcfag

ON THE LAST EPISODE OF YUGIOH VRAINS
*muffled guitars*

Why do I like the idea of these two fucking?

I kinda miss Arc-V. Watching that train crash and burn was entertaining.

Dang those are some nice ghost girls

The more i think back on it the more i can't decide between whether it was more laughable or depressing

>yugioh thread
>yu-gi-oh isn’t even in the thread title
>pic isn’t vrains

>that fucking last duel where everyone is entering and being destroyed by yet another of Zarc bullshit power

it was a funny ride

>inb4 they just show yusaku running away from the monster for 20 minutes

Those Aoi tits are canon now

>Duel Links players don't even watch the newer shows or like any new summon methods because it's kept at GX era speed and most would quit if they were to add Snychros/Xyz/Pendulums/Links
The only reason i still watch VRAINS is because i like Duel Links

And just like this, my love for VRAINS has rewoken. Based Noh

Finally some interaction between the characters. Just to set up the next duel and my 3 rules.

Just give us the fucking humor/self-aware edge all the old shows had.

For the 100th time, Arc-Vfags are not welcome.

>self-aware
keep telling yourself that

Can someone explain to me what Pot of Greed does?

Sorry bud, they had 2 weeks for this episode. It was expected, and if you look at previews, its back to being bad

This series has convinced me to eat more hot dogs more so then buying it's cards.

you shouldn't

What is Noh's endgame?

Isn't it the first time Playmaker actually going/working side by side with a character even it doesn't last that long?

Got so many screenshots of these two stading together XD
>And then realised Yusaku made his avatar taller so Playmaker is even taller than GG.

Sorry nii-sama but protagonist always get the bigger boobs.

>It makes u lust for hotdogs.

#notmyniisama

Aoi's aren't that bad as consolation

>who is anna?

next recap will be a recap of the recaps
screencap this

That will be the final recap.

>self-aware
Didn't kaiba threaten to suicide over card games?

>But Emma is even better
>Aoi's isn't bad, it's normal size,
Actually it's a good news for aoifags that she has sth a girl should have.

Your nii-sama only cares about dead pharaoh's dick.

Any leaks info about 32?

and the blue eyes white dragon.

>Another few years and it's legal for them to fuck.

>It's a jerk off material since he can only look at it.
But yeah he definitely does care.

Revolver's entrances are always so cool :/
>the last time he appeared with a lightning then teleport with a storm.
>Now he calmly walks out of the dark tunel and destroying fireflies on his way.

He teleported out of the ground just to say this

the visual wank of revolver is out of control

Yusaku is not even remotely interested in Ghost hag

That has not been the case since 5Ds

Not interested but still watching her closely enough to notice the loaded deck, and he went along with her game.

Careful you don't hurt your arm reaching that far user

Yusaku has only shown interest in one girl, also he went along with the game for AI not for her

none of that was sarcasm. i was just take note of his observations.

Will we ever get a girl as the main protag?

Can't kusanagi just deliver hotdog to revolver's house?
goddamint what a shit service

its a hotdog stand. what hotdog stand delivers to you?