Fate

Why do people like Fate series that much? It's not very different from your average shonen but with more chuunihit.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/p8lxl4
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been asking myself that for 10 years. I don't think I'll ever get a true answer.

It does the chuunishit well enough that the adaptions can cut out the fat and make it seem more vauge and tonal. It's slice of life antics and superpower battles where the training arc is replaced with an exposition dump worth of handwaving. Which is made to look like a functional magic system. Like how all servants are copies of the original hero except saber because she made a pact before her death, but in reality they just want to justify having her eat and be a cute glutton.

Because of Grand Order

Nostalgia. It was one of the first big VN hits. Shonenshit with edge and sex was actually pretty shocking for teens of the day.

I think this guy is right. Nostalgia. It's not that different from others and MC I really retarded. If it came out now I would drop it after 2-3 episodes seeing how he behaves.

It's one of the only currently popular real modern fantasy series.

The others are stuff like Harry Potter, but HP is almost in a separate world from our own you have to travel to.

If you want a serious answer:

1.Gimmicks and Premise
While a simple concept (death battle with magical historical/fictional figures) the idea of super powered individuals with unique abilities fighting each other is a proven path for success if you look at battle shonen. Add in the addition of statistical values and elaborated mechanics (Parameter values like E+ Luck, Command Seals, Servant Classes et cetera) and you have a series with another interesting ideas to hook people. Just look at JoJo and Hunter; both have "rules" regarding their world and ablities, but they are still subject to being bypassed at the writers will.

2.Romance and the Nature of Visual Novels
Saber, Rin and Sakura (Taiga and Illya as fan choices) cover the basis of female archetypes that we commonly see in anime (Rin the Tsundere, Sakura the doting childhood friend, not sure about Saber) and thus as a VN the playerbase (and anime fan base) has their pick of best girl to obsess over which always draws in people( For fuck sake that's the whole reason they made Saber female). The ability to chose your path (be it by the game or choosing which adaption in a sense) to experience and spend time with each respective female adds to this.

3.Shirou, Philosophy and multiple outcomes
Fate/Stay Night is really an indepth character study of Shirou, who despite peoples complaints, is given ample time and effort towards exploring his character and ideology. Fate being the standard fulfillment of his ideaology, UBW being the criticism and acceptence of the flaws of his ideology, and Heveans Feel the rejection of it. This is only possible with a multiple route medium like a VN (though Elseworld comics like Red Son Superman can also do this). The series has many monologues and lines regarding philosophical thought (nothing highbrow, but interesting observations on character motivation) which attracts the "intelligent" crowds.

That's a brief overview as to why it is popular

Is shonin shit with sex and heavy waifufaggotry, is succes guaranted
Also nostafagging for an old VN. Yeah, i blame /vg/ for this.

Why is Takeuchi so shit at composition?

Did /vg/ ban VNs or something, because why are you blaming them for this?

A super good high concept that practically forces people into "what would I do in this situation" scenarios.

I must have spent like a quarter of the time I read FSN reading and the rest was fantasizing, eyes glazed. That's how you know you're dealing with the good stuff.

It's historical fanfiction, I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff.

The characters hit the right notes with people in a way that virtually no other series does

average shounen is by far the most popular anime genre

These but unironically.

>average shonen but with more chuunihit
Sounds like a good deal to me. Also, don't forget the cute girls

Waifus mostly. That, and arguing over whose waifu is the sluttiest.

>Her cult may have involved sacred prostitution
Babylonians will forever be /ourguys/

I don't watch it but I like it because Saber.

Another reason is that classic type moon aesthetic of mysterious girls in retro gothic lolita hanging around suburbs in the middle of the night. Other stuff does it too, but not as well.

Because unironically, original typemoon had deep canon with multiple codexes, merch and magic system. It wasnt just a corporate money machine, the verse was portrayed from many different angles

Shame that its shit now

Take the "Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind" copypasta but switch it with Fate.

The concept of heroic spirits and Nasu's style of writing. I don't like girls so the "waifu factor" isn't really relevant for me, but there's a lot of interesting characters including females.

>F-Fate isn't deep
Heavy characters development
Heavy themed plots
Heavy philosophical references, analysis and conclusions
biblical references, analysis and put into work in the world
everything is coherent
The best world building in anime medium after One Piece
what more do you need retard?
Back to Dies Irae General, oh whait that doesn't exist because dies shitrae is not popular and nobody gives a shit about this chuunigarbage

Jesus christ fatefag, we already get it no need to be so edgy.
>Chuunigarbage
>Muh unlimited Burade Wuorks

Everytime I see this image I think that spoon is a fat doobie.

Read an actual book for once, brainlet. And no, LNs aren't books

>The best world building in anime medium after One Piece
Almost had me there until I read this one.

Is this a new pasta?

waifus

>Unlimited Blade Works
>Chuunigarbage
That thing is barely at the beginning of chuuni

>Why do people like Fate series that much?
I like the characters

Probably because they're underageb& retards who like this sort of thing.

Fate would be better if it was just the girls, without the shounen shit.

That'd mean no Archer or Lancer, so it would automatically suck

t. fujoshit

Found the beta cuck. Fate is great for the boys, the girls other than Illya are meh. Tsukihime is the one with great girls but mehboys.

>the girls other than Illya are meh

poal.me/p8lxl4
Really makes me think.

>beta cuck
The Fate audience.

It satisfies my gambling addiction while also spending substantially less money over time that I used to on 'proper' gambling in the past.

Seibah is a top tier waifu.

cause dat shiro plot twist. that is all.

sex
some story elements
some characters look cool
mostly sex

It was an adult VN with a stupid story, which was common for adult VNs. The stupid elaborate world is what ironic weebs keep bringing up to everyone so that they can bandwagon the franchise without any negative consequence. Sorry, but Fate was always about the sex

Stop watching BUTCHERED UFO shit.

>because
Rin is a goddess and should be worshipped!

This. Fate/Zero was popular because of the men.

Because GARness

Would join church of Rin

>but with more chuunishit
You answered your own question.

Maybe if you are an EOP who reads fan translations of LN's that are for middle schoolers. Tanaka Romeo's prose blows most books out of the water.

Stupid secondary. Shirou's character development goes further than any anime character and it's even better if you read read it in Japanese instead of through the shitty fan translation.

>Created dozens of hours worth of story material, with extensive rules on its magic system
>All of it was for a few sex slides
Ye your right, that sure makes sense

Its Deadliest Warrior with cute girls.

t. Nasu

>EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS IS SHIT
>AM I COOL YET?
>SOME1 PLZ CARE ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TO SAY :(
Where is Chinese-moot finding these idiots? Facebook?

>your average shonen but with more chuunihit
You answered your own question

The first route is already ahead of most anime in terms of character development for having Shirou move past his survivor's guilt in a plausible manner. Most anime of this ilk have the protagonist repeatedly fail in the least subtle of ways before having a sudden redemption or epiphany near the ending. (Think of Welcome to the NHK as an example of such a failure)

The second route seals the deal by having Shirou find the true meaning of his ideal, and pursue happiness in a plausible manner so that he can die without regret. Hardly any anime even come close to pulling this off. (Think of the ridiculous suicide pact at the end of Welcome to the NHK, or Warashi in Tatami Galaxy just grabbing "opportunities" at the end, or Shinji deciding to live at the end of Evangelion when the prior episodes offer no justification for this decision, or when Madoka decides to become god and the symbol of hope for the other magical girls, or Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun where they hardly even try to have real inner conflicts).

The third route adds even more. There are no anime/manga and not very many VN's that dedicate so much to a single character's change of thought. (Though there are obviously plenty of classic books that do more).

Also, Shirou's psychological condition is conveyed with more subtlety than with self-destructive anime characters. He doesn't repeatedly say he hates himself and beg other characters and readers for sympathy, the reader is allowed to pick up on his weird thoughts and actions on their own.

Because you can virtually fuck your waifus

Are you high? "Sex" in the VN is 5.5 ugly drawn poorly written forced scenes. Or do you mean doujinshi and fanart?

This is the kind of shit ironic weebs spout when they want fate to be an acceptable normalfag hobby

Only stories like Fate/Zero and Strange Fake could become mainstream in the West.

but of course

Actually indepth analysis. Thanks alot user

This does not explain why it was such a hit in Japan, just explains the western(basically the Sup Forums fanbase at the time)

Waifus and autistic Seigi no mikata.

Was honestly expecting nothing good out of this thread but this is actually pretty good, thanks

great fapping material