Hardly any of thier shows have non shit writing. And thier audio direction is even worse...

Hardly any of thier shows have non shit writing. And thier audio direction is even worse, which in itself already is a major accomplishment. There are dozens, hundreds of shows that are better written and have better audio direction than KyoAni shows. This is particularly important for shows that are parts of the romance and drama genre. I dont care if it looks nice if the writing and audio direction, which are the two most important aspects of that genre, are flat out bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kXbrvDsdlgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So how is the audio direction bad.

wtf I hate kyoani now

Nice bait, anyway since this is now a pro-kinoani thread, what did you guys think of the audio direction in this scene? I thought it was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=kXbrvDsdlgE

I really liked the high pitched thing when Kanna fires that blast thing but I really disliked the sound of Tohru charging that ball immediately afterwards. Doesn't sound like a dragon at all.

Old KyoAni was fine you toadshit faggot. It's only the more recent works which have gone to shit.

Not that this is anything other than a bait thread anyways.

neo-Kyoani is much better than old Kyoani in my opinion, I have never liked Keyshit, Munto was trash, Haruhi and Lucky Star aged like milk, didn't care for the Second Raid. The only good shows that still stand today are Fumoffu and Keion.

Thanks to based Netflix, KyoAni can finally get real gaijin money instead of having to beg for filthy nip otaku money with cheap whore shows meant to please tiny slant-eyed losers.

Trolls should give up wasting time and effort to attempt to troll KyoAni. It doesnt work. Baiting only works for inferior studios and shows - KyoAni on other hand is perfect, any their show is better than trash of other studios and any person with eyes can see through trolls shitposting as just watching any KyoAni show dispells all the assumed negative notions without a trace.

They are unquestionable leader in industry, and every other studio aside Sunrise and Toei wish to be like them.

Anime like Kanon, FMP and Haruhi became classics of their respectives genres for a reason. These shows had soul and you could easily tell that a lot of work was put into them. They're both visually pleasant and had many creative ideas for their time.

GodAni is bulletproof

Out of all keyshit trash Clannad is the classic, not Kanon. FMP isn't a classic and Haruhi has already been forgotten, it is a product of its time, the complete opposite of classic.

Your argument is completely irrelevant if you truly beleive this as you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Literally the only valid point is that Clannad is even more of a classic than Kanon.

He's right though. Haruhi had no staying power, didn't help that Kadokawa and the author sabotaged the series to the ground as well. It's always sad to see Pixiv with less than 10~ fanart submissions on Haruhi's birthday, she has been forgotten already. FMP is nowhere near classic tier. Besides, both of these series were already popular before Kyoani adapted them. If anything it is the work of new Kyoani that has popularized works such as Free, Chuu2 or Hibike, series that were unknown before their respective adaptations.

Haruhi is way more popular than any 2006 anime would be after stunts like E8 and no news since 2011

I feel the same way. Even Fumoffu is just funny and lacking in substance, though.

>Haruhi had no staying power
What's your point? Are you telling me something isn't a classic when it doesn't have a gozillion sequels?

>Besides, both of these series were already popular before Kyoani adapted them
Yep, complete coincidence that Haruhi volume 1 suddenly jumped into the japanese amazon charts 3 years after its publication in 2006 right when the anime came out.

A classic is something that stands the test of time, some times even shape their industries. Shit like Evangelion, Galactic Heroes or Cowboy Beebop are classics. Haruhi is already irrelevant 10+ years later.

Haruhi is more relevant than Cowboy Bebop. It needs more time before we can truly know if it has staying power, the people who were around when Haruhi was big need to leave the anime community. Will the post-Haruhi generation transfer Haruhi to the generation that comes after them? That's when it will be decided.

>Haruhi is more relevant than Cowboy Bebop
The state of Haruhishitters, everybody.

Haruhis success spawned a shitton of (mostly shitty) high school club anime. It certainly had a much greater influence on the industry than LOGH.

Okay, please tell me in what way you can recognize the tropes and themes of Bebop in modern anime.

There's plenty of criticisms you can level at KyoAni, but none that don't apply just as much to any other big studio.

Plus they're among the few studios that treat their staff as human beings.

Club anime setting is as dead as Haruhi to be honest.

Animegatari this season has shit ton of Haruhi parodies, and a lot of other anime references. Zero Bebop ones.

Because it really has ben done to death by now. Also if you want to go by that metric, there isn't a single mecha or robot anime except a comedy show for kids this season. Does that mean NGE and Gundam aren't classics? Also see

Why did mecha die?

This isn't even bait, it's just retarded.

Here is your reply SHAFTfag.

Rewatching Haruhi after 10 years. I think I like it more.

Why do newer Kyoani shows get no decent merch? No (official) figurines, plushies, mugs, nendoroids, or misc memorabilia that isn't keychains and posters. The most recent figurine they have is from Kanna and it was made by Pulchra, one of the worst figurine makers around. Can't be because their hit isn't popular, even shit like Demi-chan or LWA, that aired on the same season as Maidragon, got better and more merch.

Me too but I'm liking it less.

Stop this meme.

ok

>anime
>literally animation
>studio always has the best animation
>b-but writing and audio
So desperate.

>Haruhi has already been forgotten
Your retard is showing.

>Haruhi is irrelevant

How did this meme even start?

You don't have to keep replying to the same post.

wtf I hate this meme now

>Thier
>Non-shit writing
Learn fucking English before you prattle on about a studio’s writing.

>t-their audio direction is bad
How will KyoAni ever recover?

Haruhi and Lucky Star are both moeshit trash shows with atrocious art direction, very often mediocre animation, horrible character writing and subpar audio direction.

>but they were influential
Irrelevant to the overall quality of a product. A concept or idea being good, does not that the product in its entirety is. I can take inspiration from a 2/10 flick because it was original, but that doesnt mean that I think of the flick as good. This is basically Haruhi and Lucky Star: They were influential because they were more or less the first, so people obviously adapted concept and ideas and got inspired by them, but that does mean that the shows had any actual merit beyond those concepts. They are shit, plain and simple.