youtube.com/watch?v=fKXvIaHAHL8
youtube.com/watch?v=jXpAPwD7LEU
youtube.com/watch?v=fprmwvI9sG0
youtube.com/watch?v=fwJbZYlKT6w
youtube.com/watch?v=bjLO_DBskqo
youtube.com/watch?v=fprmwvI9sG0&feature=youtu.be&t=6m58s
youtube.com/watch?v=al2HIt3ZeA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man, Bobobo is still in my top 5. My favorite scene probably has to be this one : youtube.com/watch?v=rokBNgbjYrM

Reminds me of the time my brother and I did the same dance after a repeat or two; and ended up becoming a meme between the circle of friends we had back when it aired on Toonami.

I miss him.

>when the joke gets translated horribly so you don't even understand the joke so it gets played off as being 'random'

How badly is the english dub translated?

youtube.com/watch?v=kY9hOiwluWY

Usually one of the three things happen :

1.) There are scenes where they literally cannot translate the joke because of how certain words are pronounced in japanese; and sound like certain other words. So they can't translate it properly, and just write it off as 'wigging out' while adding in their own dialogue to fit the situation.

2.) There are scenes that can't be translated properly because of the fact that they're doing something japanese that people from the west wouldn't understand, so they end up changing the whole joke to appeal to the western side. Usually it's a hit or a miss, more of a hit than a miss though.

3.) Use the joke word to word; and it either makes sense, or doesn't. You can usually fill in the gaps though.

I appreciate the time they took to try to make the anime funny regardless of the fact if you read subs or watched the dub. I haven't personally watched the sub at all, since I only watched Bobobo back on toonami; but I kinda wanna watch it in subbed with some friends at some point in time to see how they pan out everything in comparison to the dub. And I really loved the dub. All the voice actors were great. Makes me wish there was a sequel.

Has anyone translated the recent Don-Patch Manga. I'm assuming it's not as funny as Bobobo since it's aimed at a younger audience but it looks cute and I like Don Patch and Beauty so I still at least wanna see it.

Fluffy! Don Patch ?

Not that I know of, sadly. Real shame too.

I know that they were intentionally playing off of the overlying stereotype in a comedy series (especially in japan) where there's the 'Straightforward person who points out the joke by overreacting to it'; and it really makes people slap their knee in laughter.. But I kinda wanna see Bobobo without anybody freaking the fuck out at the crew wigging out. While I respect that they're basically making a joke inside of a joke every time the chain of events happen that kinda seal the deal; but man does it get kinda crusty after awhile.

One thing I'll give the dub credit for is giving Beauty reactions that were jokes in their own way, like her constantly bitching about never getting a pony, rather than just explaining the joke.
Honestly I think I wouldn't mind the straight man routine as much if Beauty slowly started becoming more wacky in addition to the crew with her freakouts either being over something OTHER than the weird thing going on, or her just slowly getting used to weird stuff and not freaking out at all.
Honestly I really wanna see Beauty wig out.

I'm pretty sure she actually ended up getting used to it in one way or another. Not fully, since she still 'freaks out'; but I vaguely remember her just kinda shrugging and being like 'yeah they're always like that'.

>Honestly I think I wouldn't mind the straight man routine as much if Beauty slowly started becoming more wacky in addition to the crew

I wanted that so badly, to the point where I always expected she'd just kinda started slowly joining into the wigout sessions, kinda like how the other people in the group slowly started shhhrking away from Beautie's stance of 'WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT'; and started wigging out with Bobobo and Don Patch.

>Honestly I really wanna see Beauty wig out.

Yessssssss. I'm surprised they didn't have an episode on that. Where she just finally breaks and freaks out the crew by her wigout session completely obliterating any chance of them ever coming close to the wigout she just performed, to the point where she's totally justified to never wigout again.

What were your guys' favorite scenes? Mine was already linked.

Mr.Bojiggler's pacifist test. I will never forget the line "I'm sorry...that answers wrong...I'm afraid you'll have to talk to mr.boom boom now" before opening fire on them with a gun.

my favorite scene was the "professional at going 'brbrbrbr' in front of a fan" one
only in the sub though, the dub has its moments but it didn't do any justice to that part

MAJIDE?

SAY WHAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=QzyhxELmlQg&feature=youtu.be&t=22s

Holy shit I don't even remember that scene. That's amazing.

ENG : youtube.com/watch?v=QQuyHADsVbo

JAP : youtube.com/watch?v=fKXvIaHAHL8

Oh my god Bobobo's voice is crazy different. Don Patch's is on point though. My god that deep voice.

I actually watched episode 1 a few days ago. Go figure.

Here's a great screencap for yall

How'd you like it?

Also, I had no idea they cursed and stuff in the sub. Wow it's weird seeing them curse.

>what is the answer to achieving peace?
>it's more fighting

youtube.com/watch?v=jXpAPwD7LEU

HUEHUHEUHAUHEUHEHAUHEAH *CLIPS AROUND LIKE YOURE IN A FUCKING GARRY'S MOD VIDEO* PINEAPPLE CUSTARD PUDDING

>I haven't personally watched the sub at all, since I only watched Bobobo back on toonami
The sub didn't exist until recently

Bo-bo-bo-bo-bob-ob-bo-obo
Bo
Is Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=fKXvIaHAHL8

lol I'll definitely use this

One of my top series! Ive only seen the english dub fully (actually in the middle of rewatching it), but i love how they localized the jokes.

Wait, really? Are you serious? So it was ORIGINALLY dubbed? Then I guess it was more that they adapted the jokes from manga -> anime then. I always figured there was a japanese version first. Or are you saying that there wasn't a subtitled version until recently?

Also, more on the "how did they handle jokes lost in translation" quoted from the wiki while I was looking around there :

Despite its limitations, the American dubs of the anime and manga manage to preserve the spirit of the show; the translators and adaptation writers were forced to rewrite several of the jokes due to the differences between the Japanese and English languages. At several points in the dub, the American version makes fun of the fact that it is a translation of a Japanese product (for example, when Bo-bobo is filling out an application card in episode two, he botches it because the application is in Japanese and he cannot read it, instead drawing "little doodles" for answers; in the original Japanese version he messes up the application for a completely different reason, and the "little doodles" are his honest answers written in hiragana). This style of self-referential humor can also be seen in the American version of Kyatto Ninden Teyandee, Samurai Pizza Cats. Additionally, with the exception of the opening credits, all other on-screen Japanese text is intentionally kept in the English dub (most likely as a part of retaining the show's surreal humor).

Also, I fucking love baby gasser. That shit was fucking hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=fprmwvI9sG0

>Or are you saying that there wasn't a subtitled version until recently?
This, no one bothered until I think 2014? And I think now they're up to episode 50, they only recently started back up, it's Hokuto no Gun and for what it is they're doing a great job

Yeah, I thought as much. I vaguely remember trying to watch the japanese version, only to find out that there was none wayyy back when. Then a couple years later, finding out someone was slowly subbing them. But that was like half a decade ago. If I watch it, I honestly might watch the dub still though. I feel like they kinda improved upon the sub after reading through some stuff.

> So it was ORIGINALLY dubbed?
Yes, it was originally dubbed IN JAPANESE, you fucking idiot. Your comment suggests that you believe that the only two versions of an anime are "sub" (Japanese dub, English sub) or a "dub" (English dub/adaptation), which is just fucking retarded.

When somebody is speaking about dubs and subs, it's assumed right off the bat that dub means in your foreign language if not mentioned otherwise. No need to be rude.

Today I will remind them

> I always figured there was a japanese version first
This comment suggests that his logic is as follows: since the subbed version was not the first version (implied by the statement "the sub didn't exist until recently"), the first version must have been the (English) dubbed version by process of elimination. That's the only way he could have come to that conclusion based solely on the statement "The sub didn't exist until recently".

>Also, I had no idea they cursed and stuff in the sub. Wow it's weird seeing them curse.
its just a bad translation

My logic was the fact that I was already talking about watching the dubbed (english) version and not watching the sub (japanese dub) because I watched it on toonami; and then the guy mentioning the sub (english translated japanese dub) not existing until recently meant that the dubbed japanese version didn't exist until recently, since that's what I was talking about. It was very confusing because you could take it as either

1.) Him quoting me stating that the 'sub' included the japanese dubbed version as well not being made, so it was impossible to watch the sub in the first place

or

2.) Japanese dub exists but was never subtitled in english

Also not to mention that I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Bobobo wasn't subbed
(english translated japanese dub) until recently. If the context wasn't taken into account, it would have been a lot easier to understand; but because of the context, it wasn't. Obviously the correction that he made right after cleared stuff up, so you didn't have to take the rude route and ream me for making a common mistake of taking the context into consideration into what he was quoting. Thanks for trying to inform me, but I'm quite informed. It was just a simple faux-pas.

I am so very upset that that wasn't Bobobo's ultimate in J-stars Victory Vs. It would've been cooler than just "nosehair everywhere" and it'd have been the perfect excuse to include Yugi.

Does anybody else remember this scene? It says it was deleted, but I 100% remember seeing this shit at least 2 or 3 times.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwJbZYlKT6w

Man this joke goes on FOREVER. It's exhausting.

Shit I completely forgot how much they changed the birdcar's design in the anime.

Yeah, that's why they cut it. But fuck if they didn't spit some hot fire; and I enjoyed every moment of it. They also had some really fuckin' good screencaps if I do say so myself.

jesuschristhowhorrifying.jpg

I love this picture so much. I'm considering doing some .webms later on when I wake up. Hopefully the thread doesn't die before then. Any requests?

Each time I feel stressed and can't sleep I just read few volumes of bo-bobo. Always helps me calm down. Honestly, it's probably one of my all time faves.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjLO_DBskqo

>like her constantly bitching about never getting a pony

youtube.com/watch?v=fprmwvI9sG0&feature=youtu.be&t=6m58s

Just came across the scene while skipping through a video. Unless she says that a lot, which I don't remember if it was a thing. I just thought it was kinda funny I found that particular scene scrolling randomly through it.

Anyways, I'm still taking requests on .webms. Just make sure to reply if you want one. I'm passin the fug out though. Night guys; and may dengakuman give you many grilled tofu dipped in miso on a stick!

youtube.com/watch?v=al2HIt3ZeA4

Bobobobo and Don Patch running at each other tearfully only to punch each other during the 3 brothers fight in the Hallekulani (hellelujah) land arc

To add on, I'll be making a Bobobo thread around 12-3 EST if the thread dies with the webms entailed.

If you can include an episode number, it'll also help out tremendously. If you can't, I can always just look around.

Forreal good night this time. Happy 3:21 am!

im pretty sure its episode 39

Bo-bobo has a really impressive improvement in art in the manga considering it’s over a period of ~6 years

Is Bobobo still ongoing? I really should rewatch the anime and read the manga but isn't only a few chapter available online to read?