New Gundam episode is out

Was Battlogue a success or a mistake?

youtu.be/w0nfNkDcKFo

build fighters was a mistake.

Everything after S1 feels soulless, made to sell gunpla and nothing more

at least we got this out of it

Was the Gyanko episode the best episode?

>build fighters try was a mistake.
ftfy

It was okay and a major improvement from two seasons of felcher gundam.

This and the first one were the only good episodes so far

if the next project will feature the mobile suits from Iron-Blooded Orphans, I wonder if they will have Tatsuya pilot a custom version of Gundam Bael?

I really hope we get IBO suits in the next Build fighters series

I hope there will be G-Reco too.

Honestly? Overall it was kind of crap. A major bait and switch from what they built it up to be in the initial advertising and first episode. They made it seem like it was going to be a bunch of cool cross series matchups, and then we just got a bunch of Try characters for half of it.

Blacked

>not a single good episode (Yes, not even the first episode)
>most of the interesting kits are P-Bandai, while the boring ones like Lightning Black Warrior are regular release
It's crap.

So are they going to be making a new Gundam series or did IBO make them want to just stick to existing ones for the time being?

Build Fighters vanilla was lots of fun, though.

I liked this episode, the first one and the one with the Renatos

holy

Man, seeing the Galaxy Cosmos up for sale, I thought it seemed pretty bland with a silly lookin' backpack. Was hoping the actual Battlogue might sell me on it, but wow was that thing underwhelming. Had a fancier shield but other than that it did fucking nothing.

A-Z is pretty nice, but it doesn't seem to even be getting a P-Bandai release? The fuck? Of course if it were I'd be complaining about how it isn't a regular release, but still, nothing? The fuck?

A-Z is literally Amazon shilling. The prime cannon? Yeah AmaZon Prime

But... why though?

*Try was a mistake

It used to be relatively common for them to take like a year long break between new series. Give them some time, there will probably be a new series announced before summer.

According to derringer on /m/, it's going to be regular release everywhere EXCEPT Japan, and its an Amazon exclusive there because battlelog has been streaming on their video streaming service and getting an exclusive is part of the contract for it oe something.

Expectations?

Either something entirely new or something to do with season 1 characters. Nearly everything related to the Try characters outside of waifu related stuff has been poorly recieved, and even the ms girl stuff has been pretty crummy and mainly sells because of the character designs.

I kind of want a prequel, where knowledge about the particles ain't that advanced and battles are more traditional

just watch gunpla builders. It's a spiritual prequel.

They shouldn't have released GM's Counterattack; If we're getting an S2 for BF (Try is a spinoff, not S2), it would make sense that the promised "match" between Sei and Reiji was in the finale of S2.

Unfortunately thats never going to happen. Just like they'll never do something based on the calamity war, the solar wars, or pre-silver chalice treaty war.

I don't know, some back stories are untouchable indeed, but making the adventures of Sei's dad, China and Ramba against the second Meijin seems pretty doable

It was fine, but they should make 3rd season after all, putting 2vs2 or 1vs1 fights between 1st and 2nd season teams.

hell no. It should be team based like Crush Gear Turbo/Beyblade to avoid unbalanced fights a big problem of Try was that it always devolves into a 1-vs-1 fight even though the format is 3v3.

>Shit opinions.

It's true though. most of Try's fights often devolve to 1v1 fights.

Let's be real here, these guys doesn't have what it takes to make good team battles, not as long as there is one clear main character who has to have a spotlight, episodic or not

that's why I suggested that format, so that it's basically 3 battles per episode once the tourney starts.

I really didn't enjoyed 3vs3 fights from Try.

Not to mention some of those fights ended 1 vs 3, or something similar... it was really bad.

What, you mean team vs team but 1v1 fights like yuyu hakusho or something?

yup. Pretty much this. that's the best way to push a whole protagonist team without someone getting less attention.

Oh, yeah i guess i could dig that

The purpose of GBF is to bring back the sales from the fiasco known as AGE.
It's a crossover series like Decade for fans to jerk to, and I think Bandai is trying to keep this Crossover Universe continuing as long as new Gundam series are being made.

Just look at how usccessful Petitguys are and Bandai just want to reuse the same molds for "different" kits.

It's currently hard because most new series right now rely on UC designs, yes there's the whole IBO/G-Reco lines, but these aren't that popular for customization;

Also I think they need to go back to "Designs that people can actually see as 'custom gunpla' " rather than special snowflake build. Most of the charm of S1 stems from the relate-able base gunpla + customization. Try took it too far with the 'built from scratch, custom' approach, and they gave NAOKI too much power.

>Just look at how usccessful Petitguys are
They sold a lot, what do you mean by "unsuccessful"?

I think he screwed up and was trying to type "successful" but got the s and u swapped.

The animation in this episode was really bad but the art was beautifully done in some shots.

I cant wait for the TRY sequel with more jigenhaohpunchyfire instant win while disregarding all the other characters because the 3vs3 format was a huge mistake and added too much characters to focus on