Gatchaman

What does Sup Forums think of Gatchaman CROWDS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA
youtube.com/watch?v=UwMi7KSDf5g
youtube.com/watch?v=KKlrPon5KbU
youtube.com/watch?v=D0MfqPZTHug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It feels more relevant nowadays but unfortunately Mark Zuckerberg isn't a cute trap and Tsubasas are everywhere.

Something something
"Berg did nothing wrong"
"I want to fuck a trap"
"Joe is a faggot"
"Paiman is a traitor/fucking useless"
"OD is BASED"
"Im dreamy"/"Im gloomy"
"Subasa WHO?"
"Notebook girl has downs"--->"Hajime is mai waifu"

"Best OP ever"

It's criminally underappreciated

I want to slap Hajime's face with my dick

Was it because the first season came at the same year as Attack on Titan, Oreimo, Kill la Kill, Free, Monogatari, Watamoe, Daganrompa, Log Horizon, Steins Gate, EVA 3.3, Madoka movie, Shinsekai Yori, Psycho-Pass, JoJo season 2, Aku no Hana, Valrave, etc.?
So everyone's attention was super split?

And then the second season spend a lot of its time with an infuriating character and a lot of its themes were building on the first season's so even less people watched it?

But yeah Im surprised its not discussed more, its themes are super interesting.

Do not bully the Hajime, she is a treasure.

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA

GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

This show had such good OST.
Second season I didnt like the Gatchaman rap but the OPs were SO FUCKING GOOD:
youtube.com/watch?v=UwMi7KSDf5g
youtube.com/watch?v=KKlrPon5KbU

I especially like how both OPs foreshadow everything that's gonna happen in the show.

I think it has some really interesting themes and ideas, just presented so weirdly that a lot of people didn't give it a shot. Its actually a pretty smartly written show, and the idea of forcing this team of super space police into a situation where combat powers are just totally worthless is a good one, on top of some of the best modern social commentary in anime.

I want to paint all over Hajime's tits.

Crowds was pretty good, had a good balance of shit going down and the team being comfy with each other. Was a joy to watch with Sup Forums.

Insight was kind of a mess. Hijime was still precious, Tsubasa was kind of fun to start off with but quickly ruined any good faith we might have had by being completely retarded. Insight had it's moments and was a ride to watch with Sup Forums but I couldn't recommend it. I could recommend Crowds though.

Yeah its way more concerned about using the super hero show setting to explore its ideas than doing a super hero show, which I guess some people were thrown off by.
I also understand fans of the original Gatchaman disliking the show using the franchise, but all the show does with it is use its iconography for the super hero part of the setting. Its just so superficially related to it I find it hard to take any offense with its use of Gatchaman.

Yeah, the pacing of Insight is kind of a mess. Its super interesting once it gets going and I like how it doubles down on the themes of the first season, but I think they got a bit too ambitious, or at the very least they needed a more standard arc for the first few episodes to ground the show while setting up the 'atmosphere' plot.

I recently marathoned both Crowds and Insight and I kinda agree with you.
On re-watching though, Insight wasn't so bad.

The VAPE guy, Tsubasa and Gel were 100% weak points for me but I do like how the show used them as thematic points.

I do feel like once the Kuus apeared everything went uphill. They spent too many episodes setting up everything to make the conflict happen, in contrast to season 1 where everything was going at 100 miles per hour and plot points were introduced and resolved in the same episode.
Ironically I felt the ending in Insight left me more satisfied than the ending of CROWDS, including the Blue-Ray fixed ending episode.

I fucking loved that first "fight" with Berg.

Cant find it anywhere sadly. Even Youtube doesn't give Gatchaman love. I bet if this was released today it would have gotten way more attention.

Too erotic for youtube. Rui getting his shit slapped really helped keep the tension going while completely selling us all on Katze.

Insight somehow predicted the 2016 election.

I just loved the way the whole scene played out.
Rui being such a control-freak he thins out his own numbers before a big fight, thinking hes gonna win.
Katze just huming the intro song before transforming.
Seeing the 100 just get instantly beaten in 5 seconds and the repercussions of it.
The way Berg just taunts Rui while transformed.
OD going "Ill go" only for Paiman to say no and man up letting us see how his suit looks for the first time then just completely pussying out when he remembers its Berg hes gonna have to be fighting.

Jou making a "Im a badass" monologue while you can still hear Rui screaming while getting beaten to half-death and just go silent completely when Jou is done with it and all so HE can get beaten like a bitch.
And the way Hajime just casually talks to Berg only to go "Im really sad" afterwards.

It just sells Berg Katze so well.

And retroactively it sells OD really well when after all that he two shots Katze in the final episode.

Love this show
Hajime is a strong waifu

I want to see a doujin of Hajime getting choked and creampied non stop until she finally breaks.

Its more like it took already prevalent cultural tendencies in the internet and the at-the-time-current tendencies of cellphone culture of japan and commented on them.
It just so happens that japan was ahead of the rest of the world with its widespread adoption of smartphones and online services so they had more foresight on this shit.

I did however not expect it to go full on commenting on political processes and even having the iron balls to criticize japan attitudes during World War 2. Its a show with A LOT to say and I love it for it.

That's Rui's place in doujins. Doujin Hijime is usually pretty eager and open to sex.

The second season even made it canon how easy it is to mindbreak him.

>You will never mind-break Rui with feelgoods.

there arent many, but this is the best one.

Im legit sad there arent any decent Hajime doujins. Or at least any that get her proactive cheerful personality right.

I dont think theres a female protagonist that Ive enjoyed as much as her in recent years.
Noriko and Nono are the other ones that I liked as much though Hajime is the opposite of them in terms of aproach to conflict.

boring. basic social commentary isn't interesting

:> is cute though

If you know of a series that does social comentary on similar themes better Id love to know. Id love to see how other series tackle similar issues.

Amazing OST

If someones reading this over at the archive, hope you had fun with both seasons!

They really loved showing everyone in different costumes.
At least for Hajime, Rui and Utsuhu.

I really wish they did more with the suits. Really liked the design on them.

I think that was one of the complaints of season 1 that they took to heart.
And I think thats why we got VAPE and the red CROWDS in season 2.

All i could think of in the last dungeon from Persona 5 was "this is basically the same message as Crowds"

What can I say, hajime is is better then 70% of male protagonists this day's.

The only flaw of her character is that shes more of an ideal than an actual person.
Shes meant to be an absolute flawless good, which works for the show but wouldnt work for most anime.

dont like the theme

It took whatever modern social technological issues then went at it in a silly way so was fairly entertaining.

Fat autismo butt suffocation-ssu

what was her problem?

I'm of the theory that Hajime is already broken but reconstructed herself into her current self.

Alien basically. Been a while since I watched Insight, but it seemed like Gel couldn't handle people having different opinions and thought people would be better off if they were forced into a collective.

Youd think Berg Katze would pick up on that being inside her and all.

Could be that's the normal thing for him. People break and put themselves back together.

Pretty much.
Though rather than coulndt handle it she thought that people not having the same opinion meant there was something wrong and she wanted to fix it like she was helping plug a drain pipe.

Considering she had no qualms with people getting murdered for not agreeing so as to speed everyone agreeing, who knows what she got up to in the other worlds she brought "world peace" to.

I realize the show was showing how to go against group mentality and eventually she did realize that individuality was a good thing and not a terminal illness but I dont think letting her stay on the planet was a good idea. Though I guess she is under the care of the Gatchamen so they can keep an eye on her.

>waiting for s3

Will it ever happen?
What themes would they even cover now?
And most importantly, how much will Rui suffer?

Hajime is a really nice protaganist.
Completely inhuman, it made the scene when she absorbed Bergkatze and she was rolling/convulsing on the ground extra powerful.

As much as I want it I just wish Nakamura could make another wholly original series on par with it

Tsuritama was decent but I'm still hoping he can shit out at least another trapeze by 2020

>Mess: Shit posters who don't know the rules and are just too excited to post whatever but generally mean no harm

>Katz: Actual shit poster

>Gatchamans: Mods and Janitors who ban and delete on site

>J.J: Moot or site managers who sit on their buts and not do shit.

>Hajime: A new mod who actually takes the time to explain shit and fix the site in a lasting way

S1: pretty gewd
S2:Garbage

It's really important to get the directors cut of episode2

Err 12. I mean.

fuck Im going to bed

Really fucking great.

I wish I was even a little like Hajime.

I wish I lived inside Hajime's Hajimes

I just want to be happy.

Does anyone have a good torrent for the series? I only see garbage.

You will find garbage in dumpsters.

?

I want to self insert to Hajime's stockings, if you catch my drift.

I remember when people were shitting on it, saying it was impossible for it to happen. That people aren't that stupid or that willfully ignorant. Good times.

Best anime 2013. Sup Forums teaming up with Facebook to stop a troll from creating a flamewar that destroys the internet.
And Insight is literal tumblr Hitler working with Trump+Bernie to create a communistic state where everything is FREE then saving the Japan by suffering live on TV.

It's severely underrated.

Two seasons was perfect though.
Crowds: newbie saves the team through sheer individualism by having faith in humanity.
Insight: newbie destroys the team and Japan through sheer collectivism by playing off the worst aspect of humanity.
It's the perfect duality anime.

Take the original Gatchaman, add in the Internet, a trap, a gay Berg Katze and a protagonist that makes Jar Jar Binks tolerable in comparison

I think that is that she show implied with her personality yeah, although the exact details of what happened to her are not clear. In the way she acts towards Katze is very much like "I have been like that too, but I chose to be a Hero".

Enlightened Genki.

Bakeneko > Mononoke > Insight > Trapeze = Crowds

Dont you mean 12?
Its in the BD release and called Embrace. You can find it on its own in torrents.
>theres only 1 seeder for each torrent.

Still sad he never actually made a doujin based on her.

Nyaa only has 1 seeder for each episode and the bulk episodes only got 2 seeders last I checked.

He made fanart of her?

I just knew a guy who made a pact with Berg Katze, he got beaten up so bad he ended up in an hospital on Guerrero street.

NOT MUH GATCHAMAN, FUCKING MOESHIT!
But no really, it's alright, a bit too on the DEEP/social commentary side, but not a bad show.
Really though, not muh Gatchaman, if you come from the original you're in for a bad surprise.

Well, there's the page from the doujin that's the source of that, and there's pic related (actually this is just a fan-colored version of the b&w pic he put out)

Yeah they could have probably made their own sentai iconography, but the show is so tangential to the original Gatchaman I cant be mad about it.

Good god.

I wanna lick Utsutsu 's feet

I don't really remember the main theme of the first season. I remember the second season was about the dangers of going with the flow as opposed to having your own opinion on things.

HanaKana Gel or Sugita Gel?

Gatchaman Crowds is a prequel to the original Ninja Science Team Gatchaman series. It's the backstory of Sosai /Leader X (the main Big Bad of the original Gatchaman) and Galactor. This is how Galactor started out as a Network meant to help people, but once X turned his back on Rui, everything changed.Consider this : X turns evil and refuses to listen to Rui 's orders. Then, X gets tired of being the leader of a network bent on helping people seeing how arrogant & horrible humans truly are , so he changes the name Galax to Galactor, an organization bent on causing destruction and hurting people. Seeing that his best friend turned down on him and that the work of his life & the organization he created to help people is now used for killing people, Rui has a mental breakdown and commits suicide. Meanwhile, X kills the Gatchamans and stars his operation of taking over Earth. But then, he realizes that due to being a computer, he needs someone to carry his plans. He behind searching for a commander that can lead Galactor. Originally, he wants to recruit Berg Katze to help him in his quest for world destruction, but when X killed the Gatchamans, he also killed Hajime and Katze being inside her, he died as well. So, X takes two male and female not-born-yet twins in the fetus and fuses them together, creating a mutant that will help him lead Galactor. X doesn't know many proper names for a baby, so he decides to name the newly born creature Berg Katze, after the evil alien that almost destroyed Earth, hoping the commander with turn just like that. Meanwhile, a scientist named Dr Nambu heard the tragic news and decides to stop forwards & recruit a new Gatchaman team to defeat the new villains and battle Galactor.
It's kinda like Anakin 's backstory and how he became Darth Vader.

Original Gel

Tsubasa did nothing wrong.

I think the first theme was "ignore trolls". Or "kiss trolls" in Hajime case.

S1 was about ignoring internet trolls and being an open-minded individual who considers alternative perspectives rather than blindly following orders. And also something about equality, if I recall, considering the whole problem in which Rui elevated 100 users with Crowds powers and then the problem was solved by giving everyone Crowds coupled with changing the framing of the issue.

Fun, but Sosai X is confirmed to be an alien in the original.

First season was about gamification of social media to make people help others and the democratization of power and information that technology allows.

It also showed the dangers of such a system were when power over the system and exclusive functions were limited to a few and how vulnerable such things were to malicious actors within the system (trolls/Katze/the 100 guy with the daughter).

Their solution was to place everyone in the system on equal grounds and trust the overall userbase to aim for good and use it as the tool it was meant to be.

But those aren't good quality

I can still hear the entire sequence if I just close my eyes. And the perfect musical cue, HNNNNNNG.

Those are the only ones on Niaa. Beggars cant be choosers.

I was hoping someone had a different one or would be willing to upload their BD.

Personal favorite, though it was dissapointing how little they focused on the original cast by the second season. I also had a big ass Crowds' folder but that got lost to the ether and now i realize i only have a bunch of lewd Rui pics saved.

I got you senpai:
youtube.com/watch?v=D0MfqPZTHug

>spends the whole doujin just teasing him
>makes him splurt with one finger
Im glad we get the extra pages of her sitting on his dick or id feel blueballed.

This is what happens when when Jar Jar Binks gets turned evil, gets superpowers and also becomes gay in the process.

Hey, thanks for reminding me to finally get a BD version of Insight, anons.

Not that I can find one currently, since the tracker I was using is down right now.

You know no matter how many times you compare him to jar jar it doesn't get less retarded

What was with Rui's obsession of helping people?
Was it a fetish or something?

He was literally a communistic ideologue, but sympathetic and handled in a way that demonstrated that he was laughably evil, just misguided and going about accomplishing his ideal world the wrong way.

these are unskippable

That he wasn't laughably evil, I mean. Whoops.