Were the 80s really that good?

Holy shit how was New York such a shithole in the 80s?

youtube.com/watch?v=JN4ATDfCYmo

Attached: Capture.png (846x599, 723K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_New_York_City#Post-consolidation_mayors
youtube.com/watch?v=-P67b07z7Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=xziQ-IaiLZg
youtube.com/watch?v=_th4Xe6Dsm4
youtube.com/watch?v=81ZtmBAA_NE
youtube.com/watch?v=tqTcAU8NwMY
youtube.com/watch?v=H9tEvfIsDyo
youtube.com/watch?v=56gpwl6cohc
youtube.com/watch?v=FEKhgBye5K0
youtube.com/watch?v=JN4ATDfCYmo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It still is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_New_York_City#Post-consolidation_mayors

This video is comfy as fuck desu

The nineties bro ...

The eightees were strange at best. Just look at David Bowie or Glam rock ... fucking strangoes

New York was a shithole from day one. That's what happens when you start stacking shit on an island. It's just that filthy. They couldn't even make Gotham look as filthy.
What's their secret? I mean it's not the only million city on this planet and probably not the only one built on island either.

no

the 80s being good is a meme

Attached: reagan tripled debt.jpg (600x446, 181K)

Why jews are so homosexual? Is it because of meziza bpeh or because of bar mitzvah stating them adult before they reach maturity? Or is it something genetic? Have geneticist found any correlations between these two degeneracies?

It's how Donald Trump leveraged his money dumbass. Read something other than Sup Forums threads for once in your life.

Based Giuliani

Anyone that says this has never been to New York. NYC today is Disneyland compared to what it used to be.

It might not be "as" bad as before, I wouldn't know of course, but it's still pretty shitty.

NYC has always and will always be a complete circus sideshow. Actually more of a main event train wreck that you just can’t help but laugh at.

The best music. Just so happy.

youtube.com/watch?v=-P67b07z7Qw

Sorry my white friend, you are in no place to judge.

Attached: 0dae1be3-7e07-4f31-b697-d60776db2aae1.jpg (700x388, 76K)

It's still dirty. They still throw garbage in the street for waste management to pick up. There are still rats bigger than your dog.

Niggers turn everything into shit.

Attached: 6165233.jpg (250x282, 34K)

It got cleaned up, but it's going to go back to how it used to be.

The best decade.

New York was a full blown multiculti hell hole by the 80s. Why do you think Peter Parker was the most beloved character in all of comics during this time? You want a neat, clean, successful, tidy, and prosperous New York, you're going to have to go all the way back to the late 1800s.

I mean, just watch Ghostbusters II. You'll understand a bit more once you realize that movies were always a very glamorous brushed up version of reality.
youtube.com/watch?v=_th4Xe6Dsm4
Just look at all the Jews in this one scene, along with the "equal parts representation" of minorities.

Another example was Chicago. If you go back and watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the scene where he's in the parade, and it pans out to all the wonderful/beautiful citizens of Chicago, dancing down the stairs?
youtube.com/watch?v=81ZtmBAA_NE
Again, already a shit hole, but nobody was recognizing it back then because we were trying to pretend that the economy was alright, and everyone got along despite skin color and living in gated communities.

You begin to realize that Chicago was actually a complete shit hole back then, and whites hadn't fully vacated the fucking place yet, but it was on its way down. Quick.

You honestly think goblinas and creaturas aren't treating your city like it fucking bogota not to mention the abundant nogs?

No way. Gentrification won't let it happen anytime soon.

>Holy shit how was New York such a shithole in the 80s?

One party rule.

Attached: Mayors.jpg (1099x3745, 1.44M)

Attached: 5970097_orig.jpg (249x320, 33K)

Fun Summer song for dancing.

meant::

youtube.com/watch?v=tqTcAU8NwMY

Exactly.
Gentrification won't work. It doesn't reverse. It's like trying to get rid of blight in a humid sub-tropical zone. It's impossible - without taking drastic measures, that is. Laws will never allow that.

Did 9/11 fix New York?

60s and 70s nyc were way worse

Attached: Les-freres-Bogdanoff-rejoignent-Touche-pas-a-mon-poste-sur-C8.jpg (1280x640, 545K)

Mafia and Democrat governments.

There was pre Rudy and post Rudy.

THIS.

Although it was also much cooler.

New York is so much safer than when I grew up.

New York was probably more brown in the 80s than it is now. Now it's being gentrified by returning Jews and white hipsters and yuppies. NYC is getting cleaned up because the blacks and puerto ricans are being priced out of the market.

>It may be shitty, but it's not an apocalyptic hellhole anymore!
I acknowledge that it's less bad, but it's still bad.

Giuliani fixed nyc.

think about it..

All the photos on vacation places and the people in them from our time will be the only images left for a future generation to look back on.., They'll think we all lived on advocado toast and amazing beautiful lives. Each generation prefers to take photos of things they want to show off.

BUT THE MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=H9tEvfIsDyo
youtube.com/watch?v=56gpwl6cohc

Kek at that 80's tranny fag

New York is a demographic nightmare. When I visited all the UBER drivers were from Sudan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. Imagine when there's a Civil War and all the hipsters and soyboys are stuck there with veterans from the Sudanese Civil War and Al Qaeda terrorists. Of course that traitor De Blasio is all about umpiring 3rd world Muslims that want Sharia law.

Gracias hermano

Lol that one kills me. Always with the Jews.

The 'crime infested shithole' era of New York has always interested me. I was born in 1991 and New York was usually portrayed in popular culture as a big bad city sort of place.

When did it become the super expensive place it is now? It kind of reminds me of London in a way, improved in many aspects, still shitty in some, but considerably more expensive.

If anybody would care to provide video or photographic representations of New York in its most deprived state I would highly appreciate it.

Better then what its like now.

> Not realizing this is exactly where all major cities are headed

Attached: dope_show.jpg (1534x2048, 1.35M)

The answer to OP's question is heroin. NYC had a heroin problem and it peaked in the 80s.

80s were also the age of AIDS and AIDS phobia so that means most of lower manhattan aside from literally wall street was a no-go.

Greenwich Village was filled with AIDS. People weren't fully sure how you got it. Are you going to eat at a restaurant down there?

Alphabet city was almost all junkies.

>New York was probably more brown in the 80s than it is now. Now it's being gentrified by returning Jews and white hipsters and yuppies.
lol no

>NYC is getting cleaned up because the blacks and puerto ricans are being priced out of the market
You can't price then out of the market when they're baked in to the system with section 8 housing and rent control.

tell me if you've heard this joke before. corey haim, tim burton, and a rapping tranny with webbed feet get on a train.

And Obama quadrupled it. Turns out the only one who can do worse than a hollyweirdo is niggers.

'82 here
Teen girls in the 80s smelled like birthday cake squeezed into tight denim. Every family would have five pizza places to choose from, you'd walk in and everyone was white and smiling and healthy. Every other day a new insanely magical dreamy catchy song would be on the radio and MTV, and it felt like pure American momentum, like if cocaine was uncut innocence. Movies weren't deep, they were fun, and the explosions and spinkicks felt like Chuck Norris, Arnold and Sly were curating a neverending Fourth of July. The only thing better than the 80s was the collective excitement among kids in the 80s for THE FUTURE...omg how fucking amazing can life get?!?!

And through 1995-6, with Michael Jordan, Doom, Jurassic Park, Mortal Kombat, skateboarding, Nirvana, holographic baseball cards and comics, and Death Row Records, the future seemed bright. 2005-2018 have been insanely grim, stagnant, war trodden, and economically sketchy, a clotted compression of accelerated news and information. This "future" is so far, far away from what the 80s Future was predicted to be, that the Commies may as well have won (are they? did they?). It's like Luke Skywalker being unceremoniously killed off as a FU to white America, a FU to that envisioned future. It's all gone incredibly wrong, and we'll be fighting to achieve just a sliver of that 80s happiness forever, but instead it's a corporate faggot incarnation, like Ready Player One. Or Trump being called a racist whoremonger every second of the day.

Okay but it got quadrupled to save a tanking economy due to the previous administrations lack of foresight. Not to fight pointless battles against sand people.

Yes and Jew York was always a shithole.

geez

It's from the deep mental trauma of having their dick mutilated shortly after birth, then sucked by a rabbi.

Carter raises debt that takes effect under Reagan

Reagan lowers the debt that takes effect under Bush

Bush lowers debt that takes effect under Clinton

Clinton raises debt that takes effect under bush

See how that works faggot leaf??

Hello Jim.

I would love to live in a real city with slums and shit like that. Feels like you are alive. You seriously don't know how it feels like to live in a boring sterile village like Helsinki. It is like you are living in the cemetary.

So it's fair to say that Bush II raises debt that takes effect under Obama, yeah?

like how they had to cut it off at obama to make him look good.
fucking leaf

after 1979 the US started to decline in white percentage quickly. White fled to suburbs which caused shitholes like NYC to collapse due to white flight and hence money flight.

>New York was probably more brown in the 80s than it is now. Now it's being gentrified by returning Jews and white hipsters and yuppies. NYC is getting cleaned up because the blacks and puerto ricans are being priced out of the market.

first link is a literal hell

You should go to Detroit. That city can make you feel that way

Move to Kontula then you mongol

you say that but I live in a gentrified hip neighborhood and houston and had the pleasure of seeing some schizo nigger ride his bike in circles as I was walking my dog. it upset my dog. what purpose do homeless people serve

regan has to plug the spending hole due to the start of hte white demographic decline

Don’t forget the elimination of leaded gasoline and legalization of abortion
t. Freakonomics guy

Russia is very close to you. Enjoy it

10/10

came to post BTFO

Something to aim for then.

fearing for you life leaving your house is not "being alive" you Mongolian faggot

agreed. and im there right now.

>implying the president isn't merely a figure-head, a symbolic head of state.

Good summary, only that I totally disagree that the 90s were good. Sure it was nowhere near as bad as now, but it was when already the PC and forced diversity brigade roled in and it was leftist. The thing was: the west was still white and rich enough and the left subtle to make it seem inconsequential. But it wasn't. In fact the 80s were a kick back to the constant winning of the left since the 60s. Donald Trump is a child of the 1980s and loveable in his "sportscar, fuck a supermodel, be a billionaire" way. But that cannot and will not be enough to win the culture back. We need to go deeper, harder and tougher. It took decades for the left to get here and we will take decades to smoke the commie rats out to where they belong: into the gutter.

>elect and actor as POTUS
>expect to do a fine job
is as a country elects a drama teacher and expect to have a decent country

I wonder if the tranny is still a tranny?

>New York is a shithole
Universal fact that is true across the ages

New york is still pretty bad, Only the rich/tourist areas are nice (of course)

Old fag here, the 80’s were the best. I feel bad for younger people in America today they don’t know what is was like back then. But I do and I know how far down the rabbit whole we’ve gone.

As a Millennial, I'm just happy with the music. I don't think I would choose to have been an 80s kid just to watch everything decline so much. Even as a teenager in the mid-00s, I could feel something slipping away. I had a visceral sense the society was going to shit.

Everything you say is true, but the American economy was crazy good in the 90s, so we look back on it more fondly than a German might. Basically, 1982 to 9/11 seems to have been a really solid run, and nearly all Americans would agree on that.

Olden days were dangerous but New York actually had soul back then.

>And through 1995-6, with Michael Jordan, Doom, Jurassic Park, Mortal Kombat, skateboarding, Nirvana, holographic baseball cards and comics, and Death Row Records,
plz

Attached: Victoria_sketch_1835.jpg (422x626, 78K)

it looks fucking disgusting
looks like hell on earth and the people there look like they have AIDS
why are you faggots so tasteless?

Oh so suddenly it's New York and not Jew York. You people never want to take responsibility for your mess.
youtube.com/watch?v=FEKhgBye5K0

>into the gutter
>into the grave
minor edit for you

>youtube.com/watch?v=JN4ATDfCYmo

looks like 2018 Berlin

americans are faggots

This. I can't believe Americans still believe in their fake (((democracy))). Magatards even believe Trump isn't in on it.

I guarantee anyone who even visited new york in the 80s wouldn't disagree with you. It's literally not even close. I fucken loved it back then but I'll still admit it was hell on earth

>So it's fair to say that Bush II raises debt that takes effect under Obama, yeah

He did with war spending but obama went fucking nuts adding to it
Trump has not done a good job so far keeping the debt low with signing the Omnibus bill but we'll have to see
Trump inherited one of the worst economies in history and has already started to turn it around
Also you are a faggot and your mother sucks nigger dick

>In fact the 80s were a kick back to the constant winning of the left since the 60s
This is something that needs to be blared out of loudspeakers 24/7 for the youngins of Sup Forums who aren't aware of the deep historical roots of self-destructive leftism

all eras were trash they just weren't shown to be trash

my mom lived in new york in the 80s

she says it was a shithole and that stockholm is looking more and more like it every day

great

I agree about the late 90s, but the early 90s *felt* promising, but in hindsight that was a mask that was slipping off. Bill Clinton is the prime example. He sold out the white middle class with NAFTA etc, but did it with a pre-Internet TV charisma. Unlike Trump and Reagan, who embodied the bigger-than-life 80s but weren't quislings in disguise. I'd much rather be upper-middle class in the 80s as an adult than be a worth a couple million in 2018. And for the girls, too. There's truth to the legend that photographs still bits of one's soul, there's little mystery about white women now, except wondering if they've fucked 40+ guys including mutts.

>we will take decades to smoke out the commie rats
After this week, I'm not as optimistic as you are. It will come down to liberals growing in size globally, versus American conservatives having millions of guns, and digging in against globalism. And now women will be weaponized, along with minorities. And secession of red states isn't really the answer, when globalism is expanding its leftist dark cloud each year. The Left also has so much monopoly over MSM and "alt media," and social media, that we're left begrudgingly with Fox News, the Neocon Network.

What's crazy, and rarely discussed among newfags, is how even in the 80s and 90s, I remember overhearing whispers at parties, and once during swimming lessons at a country club, about Rothschilds, the NWO, mark of the beast being a chip in your head (or the credit card). I didn't grow up in a conspiratorial house at all, but you still picked up on shit like this, before X-Files made it semi-mainstream. I never thought we'd reach a point where normies say Deep State, and the entire world says Putin used nerve gas, since Assad deftly skirted their overthrow attempts. There's simply no way Russia, China, Iran and US aren't at war by 2020. Not to be blackpilled, but it's a relief. It will conclude the post-9/11 era. I can't imagine never knowing the 80s. Sucks.

when i visited NYC last year i stayed, more or less, in manhatton. it had a weird pretend feel. like i was in a NYC theme park.

Besides graffiti Brooklyn was identical in the 90s too. Just recently it started to change. The funny thing is those people you see on the train are actually middle class. Now you see mostly working poor.

He was a sack of shit, but there was something awesome about the anarchy of the place.

Ya all the pimps and drug dealers are wearing ties and Gucci loafers in their penthouse offices now

>Unlike Trump and Reagan, who embodied the bigger-than-life 80s but weren't quislings in disguise.
You're a fucking moron if you think Reagan wasn't a quisling

> I never thought we'd reach a point where normies say Deep State
The phenomenon of a deep state has been a recognized thing since the Han dynasty, retard

Attached: 1473397332397.png (291x300, 128K)

Huge debt.

Don't be fooled. It isn't in a good spot right now and it has the whole state under hostage this time.

Top fucking Kek at the 2:50 mark.