What are your favorite live action manga adaptations?

I like Ghost in the Shell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTXFknz4J88
youtube.com/watch?v=txcVMXzRNoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L3MSItkt8MI
youtube.com/watch?v=6k2mo2t5l40
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ScarJo GitS >>>> OG GitS

ScarJo GitS was quite boring, but only because the original is the most overrated piece of shit ever made.

By western? It could be this, I don't have high expectations though.

Edge of tomorrow

Trailer came out yesterday

Not sure how I feel about those eyes.

its not like it cant be fixed

When did the Tokyo ghoul movie come out?

>Tokyo ghoul live action
I heard it was pretty good
Gonna have to wait for a subbed rip, sadly

July

i love the kawaii look

I know, it look decent.

I swear I saw a trailer for it when I went to see bladerunner. Is it going to get an American theater release?

an entire day of Sup Forums shitposting about it and im already used to it

Edge of Tomorrow because they actually managed to westernise it without ruining the plot

This. I think it was adequately adapted to a Hollywood movie without pandering to the original audience, and it was better for it.

Speed Racer is the best live action adaptation ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=DTXFknz4J88

Ichi the Killer, Fudoh, Old Boy and first three Lone & Wolf series.

TOKYO TRIBE
NEVA EVA DIE

I still dont know why people hated it

Death note.

Based Tom Cruise saving even anime

They are all shit. The jap versions are better but not by that much.

Tomie (1999) and Tomie re-birth

Not a manga adaptation.

GitS made me understand why western movies fail. They have to make the movie slow and dumb enough so everybody can get it. It's a harsh world where so much money is at stake that they can't take risks and make the movie "too smart" that it could bore their audience or leave them confused to the point of talking shit about it online and damage future sales.
But they can't just pick something easy to swallow because only big names will help to reduce the marketing expenditure and they can't pick something dumb and big because most probably it relies too much on fanservice or has too much Japanese themes and that's a thing they have to 100% avoid.
It would be better if they stopped altogether and don't adapt any Japanese titles but they really want that weeb market because it's something they have not mined yet and the capsehit hype will not last forever. It must be hard being a hollywood producer right now.

I don't think it matters much if it was an adaptation of a novel or a manga, plus there is a manga at least.

Was thinking of checking out the Hurricane Polymar or Gatchaman movie tonight. Are those any good in your guys' opinion?

This is retarded.

it had a manga so good enough

Fuck you. Go read Cromartie.

Yeah but was that because of the movie, or because Cruise never turns in a bad performance?

Holy shit, is that Riki Love?
youtube.com/watch?v=txcVMXzRNoQ

I heard the Gatchaman movie is terrible.

I liked the Kenshin movies

Same, but the reason I heard it was shit would actually seem pretty interesting for me since it was apparently too Super Sentai or Power Rangers like.

>there will never be a reverse of this shit with Kamen Rider getting an anime

Apparently licenses stops Spirits from being animated.

This is objectively the best live-action adaptation of something from a manga. But 90% of the movie is "what the fuck am I watching"-tier and it only makes sense in literally the last 5 minutes.

Oldboy

70% cruise and the rest was a passable film

Shinobi Heart under blade. Damn Oboro

It is at least interesting seeing how much the world went to shit after the events of Jin-Roh.

I feel incredibly uncomfortable, why on earth would they do this?

Did anyone see the BOTI movie yet? Wanna know if it's worth watching on the big screen

Ping Pong is the only series where I can't decide if the manga, anime or live action is the best version, and I can't say that about anything else.

>No Pandora in the Crimson Shell
Peition Netflix, anontachis!

youtube.com/watch?v=L3MSItkt8MI

Never did got to see Ajin movie when it aired . Any anons here watched it?

DMC was gud.
youtube.com/watch?v=6k2mo2t5l40

Fatty "I'm gonna sue college kids" dadrock Gene Simmons is in it too.

They were all trash.

Im surprised something like this hasn't been adapted in the US, it could probably sell better then most of the shit their adapting especially with arena rock music being on the downturn that it could get an audience from boomers and metal faggots

Rurouni kenshin, all you need us kill

Truth bump.

My first reaction was honestly that someone sabotaged the movie from the production. Jesus, Cameron might be or might not be an hack, but at least he fucking read that manga. Why the fuck the eyes, why her face is literally her only human part?

because that's the point? I know some people attribute this decision to Cameron trying to appease to manga fan by bringing the big eyes aesthetic in a "hello fellow kids" sort of way but really this smells of them trying something "experimental" and "innovative"

still weird imo but I can get used to it. My only real worry is some parts of the cgi in that trailer looked scorpion king tiers of bad

It wasn't quite 'there' in the CGI department because of current technology at the time. It had an EXTREME uncanny valley.

Only real answer ITT

Manga was literally in Weekly Shonen, you don't get more mangary than that man, gary.

Though that hollywood version of devilman wasn't that bad, i mean changing it so Devil man was just keanu reeves as some sort of supernatural detective who fought angels and demons was a fairly major change but the cool demon world that looked like it'd been hit by a nuke was cool.

It's well paced, the plot is interesting and Cruise and his fellow cast all do solid performances all round.

Like it's not the greatest movie in the world, but it's incredibly solid and you don't really finish it thinking "that was a waste of my time". It spends your time well.

It's fun!

And the sequel