If most gun murders are done with handguns, why are they pushing so hard for an assault weapons ban?

If most gun murders are done with handguns, why are they pushing so hard for an assault weapons ban?

Could it be that assault weapons are more effective 2A weapons? Could this be why they want them gone ASAP?

Attached: atlas_Hk7SMouPG.png (640x360, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because "assault weapons" are scary, the left is completely motivated by emotions at this pointless, balls out autopilot.

yep

Because normies don't know a single fucking thing about guns or crime.

It's incremental, dumbass. They actually would like ALL guns banned, but that would be politically impossible, so they go with stuff that seems scary and dangerous to gun normies.

Here's a tidbit: before Brady campaign was known as that, it was called 'Handgun Control Inc'. And they failed at that, miserably. In the mid 90s they changed tactic and decided that the best way to get some sort of gun restrictions was by invention of the term 'assault weapons', which didn't exist before then. Renamed themselves the Brady Campaign, and got the 94 AWB through.

>why are they pushing so hard for an assault weapons ban?
Because most gun murders happen by gangs, and blaming blacks for crimes that they do is racist.
Also, police are wholly inept at dismantling gangs.

>why are they pushing so hard for an assault weapons ban?
Assault weapons ban is an easier thing for Congress to show that they've done something about guns, than for law enforcement to do their jobs.

You are so naive. I want to poisen your cheerios

What is an assault weapon you splerging faggot.

No, it's literally because gun grabbers are all retarded.

They spent the better part of the 20th century trying to ban handguns. In the original draft of the National Firearms Act, handguns were regulated just like machine guns. The only problem was handguns were insanely popular. Even rich people didn't want them regulated since they were the only people who could legally carry them, though enforcement was spotty if you weren't black.

Sometime during the '80s, a gun grabber who actually had two brain cells to rub together had a bright idea; Let's go after the least popular guns in the country. They spent the next decade or so pushing for an assault weapons ban and eventually got it in '94. The only problem is gun grabbers are completely ignorant when it comes to guns. They wrote what was basically the most retarded gun law in history and failed to actually ban anything. Literally overnight, all the gun manufacturers chopped off the flash hiders and bayonet lugs on their "assault weapons" and kept selling them. Sales went through the roof because if you ban something, Americans want it.

"Assault weapons" went from being toys the occasional gun nut owned to the most popular rifles in the country. Gun owners got politically organized and gutted gun laws at the state level, to the point that ten states currently don't even require a permit to concealed carry.

There were other factors of course. The popularity of Counterstrike and Call of Duty, paintball, and airsoft got kids interested in buying those sorts of rifles when they were old enough. Lots of kids grew up shooting the AR-15 their dad bought when the ban was passed. Two decades of war had a lot of vets buying a familiar weapon system when they got home. But at the end of the day, the primary factor is that gun grabbers are really fucking stupid.

They absolutely will not stop there. It’s just an easy target. The next Virginia Tech with pistols after the “assault rifle” ban will result in calls for all handguns minus revolvers to be banned. Then of course revolvers. Although civil war will have broken out before then if we’re lucky.

>There were other factors of course.
By far the biggest factor were the fact that gun manufacturers figured out how to make semi auto rifles that were reasonably priced and could actually hold a group.

That only happened because demand spiked and everyone and their brother started manufacturing them.

Hell, Walmart even started selling them, and then stopped because they couldn't make money on it.

Just remember to never vote for them

A bullshit term made op by the left to make an otherwise reasonable class of firearms sound offensively scary.

Attached: Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png (750x3200, 204K)

So the current gun culture in America is a direct result of the Streisand Effect. Funny really.

It really is.

Liberals suicided their own movement and they're still too retarded to realize it.

Attached: 1371408433519.jpg (594x433, 75K)

nigs only have handguns and they are 50% of the gun crime stats
so it makes sense

It goes beyond even that, though. I live in semi-rural Connecticut. They tried to register "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines after sandy hook. Compliance is estimated at well below 10%. They registered 47k assault weapons and 35k high capacity magazines. Think about that.

I regularly hear machine gun fire in the distance. Whoever owns it is spending some serious cash on ammo. I think a lot of people decided "well, if I'm going to jail for owning an assault weapon, might as well own the real thing."

The best part is these libtards have no idea what sort of monster they created.

Attached: 1398911436304.jpg (760x427, 80K)

>It's not about the numbers
>They are more afraid of being shot as part of a group
we know the real answer, user

To take the handguns we first need to be disarmed of our long guns

>sleeves rolled up
>gloves
wut

An assault weapon is a firearm with selective fire capabilities.

Fully auto
3rnd bursts
semi auto

I would cite the m16 as an example

and those weapons are already illegal.
the only civilian available weapons on your list are semi automatics, but that definition encompasses literally almost all firearms.
beyond that I disagree with your fundamental premise.
even if we accept your dumbass definition of assault weapon I would argue that they and more should be LEGALIZED for the explicit purpose of arming volunteer civilian militias capable of mounting an insurgency and thus ensuring the federal governments adherence to other terms of the constitution.
our ancestors were far too trusting and as such ceded far too many of their fundamental rights to the central government.
we have eroded to the point that the only place left to go is total collapse into totalitarianism.

aesthetics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon
>The definition varies among regulating jurisdictions, but usually includes semi-automatic firearms with a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, and sometimes other features such as a vertical forward grip, flash suppressor or barrel shroud.

Newfag, that's a list of features an assault weapon would have. My god you're dense. Pic related, faggot.

Attached: CeKl2EuUYAI4UR_.jpg (575x431, 43K)

Jesus christ, see post above. Anyone with a clue would realize my list was not mutually exclusive.

>If most gun murders are done with handguns, why are they pushing so hard for an assault weapons ban?
Because big pharma has a lot of money and wants to keep it. Changing the narrative to gun control minimizes the danger of lawsuits against their anti-depressants, the real problem in school shootings.

SINCE ALL THE "GUN BAN" TALK

>NRA Memberships
Way up

>Gun purchases
Way up

>Mallitia signees
Way up

>Concealed permits
Way up

If they want to take the 2nd away, they have to go through the other half of the country which is very gun loving and will kill anyone who tires to disarm them.

Civil war 2 will last only days, as an armed million man march descends DC and takes over.